Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,741 members, 7,875,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos (34527 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / South-west Leaders Caution Igbos Over Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Odkosh: 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2018
LaudableXX:

I am sure if you hang around long enough, those Yoruba people would come in here to give you a befitting response to the puerile epistle you typed in this post. undecided So your own people are angels who have never displayed any bigotry or tribalism or ethnocentricity? shocked Ever heard of the Okechukwu Ikejiani saga in the '60s? Or the Eni-Njoku Saga in Unilag and the lopsided appointments he made in the university, when he was appointed as Vice-Chancellor in the '60s, too? As for saying that Chukwuemeka Ojukwu made more valid contribution to the development of Nigeria, haba Oga, take it easy with those fairytales. The last time I checked, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu tried to dismember this country, not develop it. He failed to learn from his father, about how people build prosperous legacies.
School that Mumu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by chibuzorAbia: 1:53pm On Feb 17, 2018
imhotep:

I no need Yoruba to enter UNILAG na grin
Mark my words we are just starting. ...you must change your names to Yoruba name or return to your jungle in the Yeast.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
chibuzorAbia:

Mark my words we are just starting. ...you must change your names to Yoruba name or return to your jungle in the Yeast.
grin grin
support one Nigeria and desist from tribalism cheesy

cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by theDEVILisHERE: 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2018
Amarabae:
The social media is bubbling over a new law passed by the Lagos State house of assembly that made it compulsory for anyone seeking admission into Lagos State University to have a credit or pass in Yoruba language and also for the teaching of Yoruba language in all primary and secondary schools.
Ndi Igbo ibem, what is wrong with the law?
Why the noise?
The yorubas have shown the country again that they are proud of their identity and Lagos belongs to them which I agree, Lagos is a Yoruba state, argue with your shadow.
This is a time for us to think, Igbos,
We should be promoting our own identity like language, music, arts, movies ,attire etc
We should be more Igbotic everytime,
It pains me to see some Igbo youths busy trying to be more Jewish than Igbo,
To them, being Jewish is better to them than being Igbo,
Odinani is fading away and some are sweating to promote Judaism whereas the Israeli government are maltreating African immigrants in their country.
We are promoting Judaism while allowing Igbo identity to be fading away.
What a shock!

It pains me to see some Igbo youths busy online arguing and fascinating about how the minorities (ijaws, itsekiris, ogonis etc) will join Biafra.
How will they respect Igbo nation when you have painted yourself as beggars before them,
You hate the word homogeneous Igbo nation, you are only interested in teaching your children how how Phillip effiong was ojukwu vice therefore the whole of South south is Biafra yet if I ask your kids who Flora nwamkpa or mbonu ojike is, they will not know because you didn't bother to teach them.
Instead of talking about Igbo land issue, you are busy arguing on why south south is not in map or geography.

Who did this to us .

I love my Igbo ethnic nation and I am proudly Igbotic by nature, we need to be more ethnocentric as Igbos, enough of being politically correct as Igbo.
Love yourself.
Be proud of your Igbo identity
Showcase it.
Drop the defeatist mentality.
I have sworn that my little baby boy will learn from me how to speak fluent Igbo from small age, not just Igbo but his fathers Anambra dialect.
Kudos to Lagos government.
Let the Igbo governors follow suit.
And finally, Lagos is Yoruba land no matter the amount of investment owned by non indigenes just like Enugu is Igbo land.
There is an Igbo adage that says "O biara ije nwe ula "
Keep your branch anywhere but move your headquarters to Igbo land.
Return your investment home,
Use your brain.
Igbo land is bigger than Rwanda ,Singapore and Israel in size yet these are countries,
Return your investment home.
The people you are buying their lands, paying taxes to and investing in their land don't appreciate nor like you.

Aku ruo uno, Biko o.
Igbo ga adi. Amii
Self preservation is the first law of Nature .
Ndewo

"...be more jewish than Igbo.."
Speak of things you know and understand

Ndi gbo people aka Igbo's aka IBO's aka Hebbo's aka Hebrews are ISREALITES

The white devils who call themselves Jews are imposters

The Israelites are special breed of black people
They are the direct descendants of Yahwah and the Elohims (creators of the non black races aka white man aka devils)
Their job on earth is to reawaken the Gods (black people) so they can regain their divinity (God powers)

The so called Judaism is the devils (white man) adulteration of the authentic instructions Yahwah sent to his children (Isrealites) through the messiahs (Yawhashwah being one of them) so in their state of forgetfulness would remember who they are and what their mission is

Many of what u currently call Igbo culture are aberrations that came from the Igbo's (Hebrews) interacting with their black brothers and sisters in the continent after they were chased out from their original home (present day Isreal) by the Caucasian and Phoenician devils (Romans and Arabs/Persians)

IPOB and other Igbo groups going to practise Judaism is just the Almighty (nature) returning things back to original
Make no mistake, THIS IS NO COINCIDENCE

Tho Judaism is and adulterated concept from the devils about our original system
It is a step in the right direction
With time things would become clearer

The regathering of Israelites the true children of Yahwah from the 4 corners of the earth has began
The restoration of BIAFRA is the first stage
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
chibuzorAbia:

Keep studying Yoruba in LASU.
While the sharp guys keep progressing in UNILAG. grin

Eko oni baje rara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by LZAA: 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2018
imhotep:
grin grin support one Nigeria and desist from tribalism cheesy
cc lzaa
grin grin grin
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by LZAA: 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2018
chibuzorAbia:

Yet ur moniker is ChibuzorAbia grin grin
is ur landlord from Nnewi as well?
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by InfiniteLoopx: 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
theDEVILisHERE:

[s]"...be more jewish than Igbo.."
Speak of things you know and understand

Ndi gbo people aka Igbo's aka IBO's aka Hebbo's aka Hebrews are ISREALITES

The white devils who call themselves Jews are imposters

The Israelites are special breed of black people
They are the direct descendants of Yahwah and the Elohims (creators of the non black races aka white man aka devils)
Their job on earth is to reawaken the Gods (black people) so they can regain their divinity (God powers)

The so called Judaism is the devils (white man) adulteration of the authentic instructions Yahwah sent to his children (Isrealites) through the messiahs (Yawhashwah being one of them) so in their state of forgetfulness would remember who they are and what their mission is

Many of what u currently call Igbo culture are aberrations that came from the Igbo's (Hebrews) interacting with their black brothers and sisters in the continent after they were chased out from their original home (present day Isreal) by the Caucasian and Phoenician devils (Romans and Arabs/Persians)

IPOB and other Igbo groups going to practise Judaism is just the Almighty (nature) returning things back to original
Make no mistake, THIS IS NO COINCIDENCE

Tho Judaism is and adulterated concept from the devils about our original system
It is a step in the right direction
With time things would become clearer

The regathering of Israelites the true children of Yahwah from the 4 corners of the earth has began
The restoration of BIAFRA is the first stage[/s]
Nna men, you guys are so pathetic. please, stop spewing this garbage in public so that people woun't think majority Igbos are also caught up in this madness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by theDEVILisHERE: 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2018
InfiniteLoopx:

Nna men, you guys are so pathetic. please, stop spewing this garbage in public so that people woun't think majority Igbos are also caught up in this madness.

This information is not for idiots
It's for those who are ready to enlighten themselves

Anyone can think whatever they wish
It will not change the Truth

Quoting and canceling my post is foolishness cause I have posted it already
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by CSTR2: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
Odkosh:
[s][/s]We have oil in our states, we have bitumen, lagos oil is booming. Let start banning ourselves, that will be a welcome development. If this law to preserve our heritage is what is giving you people sleepless night. Then get ready for more pains, cos more n more are coming.
Na only una get Na.
continue. You people will still complain of the future consequence.
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
I have just performed your tradition, does that now mean that igbos in the east can come and claim my land ?
Let us speak sense here. Lands belong to countries. A kingdom is a country.
The same reason china-town in america doesn't belong to china is the reason Anioma-land in Benin Kingdom belongs to Benin Kingdom and not to enugu.

gidgiddy:

Sorry bro but kigdoms do not own the land. If Kingdoms owned the land, the United Kingdom would still own half of the world including Nigeria. The indigenous people of the land own the land. The Igbanke people of Edo state are an Ika-Igbo people, and by extention, belong to the greater Igbo nation. While no doubt that the Igbsnke people were influenced by Bini and Edo tribes, they have still kept their Igbo identity. Im ab Igbo man from Anambra. I watch Ika-Tv all the time and I understand most of what they say in Ika-Igbo. Recently, there was a ceremony in Igbanke and the Igbanke people, true to their Igbo roots, started of by blessing the Kola-nut in Ika-Igbo after which everyone answered Ise! This can only happen amongst Igbos
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by FisifunKododada: 3:42pm On Mar 18, 2018
Litmus:

Even one tiny private school is much. In a divers nation like Nigeria and in a progressive state like Lagos, which attracts majority of media and international interest on Nigeria outside of terrorism in the North, the move seems rather dangerous. Besides the insensitivity, given the fractures period Nigeria is going through, this at the minimum sets a precedent. Lagos leads.

Nigeria has outgrown the old ways of doing things and Central government possibly needs to gather the best minds in and outside Nigeria to form a body charged with creating new and comprehensive set of laws for the Nation, states most operate within. If not, the lives of people will increasingly be jeopardised , quality of life worsened, by cowboy governors throughout the realm that treat their jurisdictions like wild frontiers towns where every cockamamie thought that enter their sculls seem like a good idea for implementation.

Did you write this epistle when Anambra and Imo states enacted similar laws years before Lagos did?
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by FisifunKododada: 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2018
hammer6F:

AMBODE LEGISLATION IS ETHNOCENTRIC AND UNFAIR TO OTHER TRIBES RESIDENT IN LAGOS.

Where is your concern for the non-Igbo tribes in Anambra and Imo state?

1 Like

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by FisifunKododada: 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
CSTR2:
They have started another policy again that may set NIgeria back ,by the time other regions retaliate .

You mean Anambra and Imo states started it

1 Like

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by FisifunKododada: 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
hammer6F:

WE WERE ALL NIGERIANS BEFORE YORUBA INTRODUCED TRIBALISM AND THE HAUSA ISLAMISED BIGOTRY.

DO I NEED TO REMIND YOU THAT OJUKWU HIMSELF AND HIS FATHER WERE PROUD NIGERIANS THAT MADE MORE VALID CONTRIBUTION TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS COUNTRY THAT ARE VISIBLE, THAN THE BIGOTRY YORUBAS KEEP INSTITUTIONALIZING AND SPREADING?

NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE WAS THE BRAIN CHILD OF SIR LOUIS OJUKWU.

HIS SON CHUKWUEMEKA OJUKWU WAS THE FIRST CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY GRADUATE TO JOIN THE NIGERIA ARMY.

WAT MORE DO U PEOPLE WANT FROM US IGBOS, EVEN AFTER DRINKING THE BLOOD OF THREE MILLION IGBOS.

WAT MORE DO U PEOPLE WANT?

Revisionist history you wrote up there.

First Nigeria coup that lead to tribal divisions we see in Nigeria today was an IGBO coup. Enough said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Zamfara Supreme Court Judgement: Did PDP Meet The Constitutional Requirement? / Residents Flee Town Of Ifeanyi Ejiofor In Oraifite After Policemen’s Death / El-Rufai: We Were Ready To Lose Students In Planned Bandits’ Bombardment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.