Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,769 members, 7,889,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:05 PM

MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar (998 Views)

Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? / Deborah Eneche Called To Bar (Photos) / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by alBHAGDADI: 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
I can't believe that the law school hijab issue is still raising arguments months after Nigerians have expressed their dislike of the idea of wearing religious regalias to places that have rules that do not conform to such.

The quest to ensure that Muslim ladies are allowed to wear their hijab during call to bar is being pressured by Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC).

In a recent press statement, the body calls for the Nigerian Bar Association to allow Muslim ladies wear their hijab to bar. Reading through the statement, I couldn't help but notice a Quran verse quoted in the statement. Below is an excerpt of the statement.

This is a dangerous situation capable of snowballing into a religious crisis whose consequences no one can predict. The Qur’an affirms that oppression is worse than killing (Qur’an 2:191). This verse underlines the gravity of the hijab phenomenon. Female Muslims are being persecuted in order to give undue advantage to non-Muslims. It is religious apartheid. It is unacceptable. We will rather be free men in our graves than live like puppets and second class citizens.

https://www.nairaland.com/4348187/muric-nigerian-law-school-stop

The verse quoted - Quran 2:191 - which they claim underlines the gravity of the hijab phenomenon is a verse that should all make us wary of their intentions cos it spells violence and murder. Verse in quote.

QURAN 2:191

Pickthall: And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

If you read the bolded part, you will see that it goes in line with the excerpt of the statement from MURIC in terms of persecution. It says, ''for persecution is worse than slaughter''. This means MURIC is trying to tell us that the Muslim 'ladies' rejected during call to bar are being persecuted, a thing seen as worse than SLAUGHTER by the Quran. In essence, the Muslim ladies are being ''slaughtered''.

Reading the verse very well, you will see how Muslims are to react to such persecution.

QURAN 2:191

Pickthall: And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

The first bolded part tells Muslims to SLAY their persecutors and to drive them out of the places where they drove them out of. Since MURIC sees as a persecution the hijab and the call to bar issue, where a Muslim girl was driven out during call to bar for wearing an hijab, I think Nigerians need to start watching the activities of that group closely lest we have another Boko Haram in our midst. If care is not taken, this uncouth group might start to SLAY anyone that opposes what they call the right of muslim ladies to wear hijab to bar.

If Muslims want Nigerians to believe that their religion doesn't support violence and terrorism, then now is the time to publicly caution MURIC. They need to prove that the body is quoting the Quran wrongly just as they say Terrorists are doing. If they do not, then they put Nigerians in an imminent danger, especially those in the Southwest where this group is based.

lalasticlala seun pls move this to front page for awareness against an imminent danger. Thanks

1 Like

Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by LifestyleTonite: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
Muslims should tell us if MURIC has miscontrued that verse just as they tell us that BOKO HARAM and ISIS do with the Quran.

Silence is not permitted here cos lives are endangered as a result of that.

mods lalasticlala seun oam4j
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by ckmayoca: 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2018
religion of .....
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
ckmayoca:
religion of .....
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by ItzPrinceIB(m): 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
ckmayoca:
religion of .....
Weather Yhu Like It Or Not, It's And Always Will Be A Religion Of Peace
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by alBHAGDADI: 9:19am On Feb 15, 2018
ItzPrinceIB:

Weather Yhu Like It Or Not, It's And Always Will Be A Religion Of Peace
Can you tell us if the Quran verse was quoted in error by MURIC?
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2018
I will take all this idiot enemies of islam as true when they remove the one on holy mary and replace it with bikini.
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by philpwresh(m): 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
ckmayoca:
religion of .....

Piss
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by true2god: 7:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

I can't believe that the law school hijab issue is still raising arguments months after Nigerians have expressed their dislike of the idea of wearing religious regalias to places that have rules that do not conform to such.

The quest to ensure that Muslim ladies are allowed to wear their hijab during call to bar is being pressured by Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC).

In a recent press statement, the body calls for the Nigerian Bar Association to allow Muslim ladies wear their hijab to bar. Reading through the statement, I couldn't help but notice a Quran verse quoted in the statement. Below is an excerpt of the statement.

The verse quoted - Quran 2:191 - which they claim underlines the gravity of the hijab phenomenon is a verse that should all make us wary of their intentions cos it spells violence and murder. Verse in quote.

If you read the bolded part, you will see that it goes in line with the excerpt of the statement from MURIC in terms of persecution. It says, ''for persecution is worse than slaughter''. This means MURIC is trying to tell us that the Muslim 'ladies' rejected during call to bar are being persecuted, a thing seen as worse than SLAUGHTER by the Quran. In essence, the Muslim ladies are being ''slaughtered''.

Reading the verse very well, you will see how Muslims are to react to such persecution.

The first bolded part tells Muslims to SLAY their persecutors and to drive them out of the places where they drove them out of. Since MURIC sees as a persecution the hijab and the call to bar issue, where a Muslim girl was driven out during call to bar for wearing an hijab, I think Nigerians need to start watching the activities of that group closely lest we have another Boko Haram in our midst. If care is not taken, this uncouth group might start to SLAY anyone that opposes what they call the right of muslim ladies to wear hijab to bar.

If Muslims want Nigerians to believe that their religion doesn't support violence and terrorism, then now is the time to publicly caution MURIC. They need to prove that the body is quoting the Quran wrongly just as they say Terrorists are doing. If they do not, then they put Nigerians in an imminent danger, especially those in the Southwest where this group is based.

You are just getting better day by day. Excellent write-up.

Without apology, Islam promote violence and a constant threat to non-muslims. How can one justify an Arab illiterate man's command for slaughter and mayhem, more than 1400 years ago, in this modern age and time. To make the matter worse, this Akintola Ishaq, the president of MURIC, is a so-called Islamic professor, which means that he fully understood the sunnah of the Islamic prophet, vis-à-vis his advocate for terror against non-muslims.

This fake and useless professor should be arrested for inciting and advocating violence against an institution and her human representatives. Linda Sasour, an equally Islamic lunatic, also quoted this same ayah, advocating violence against a sitting American president, Donald Trump.

Why do Muslims have this sort of mob mentality when things don't go their selfish ways?

1 Like

Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by Desyner: 9:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
Let me post before they block my comments. This is how they incite the brainwashed among them to go after others. The law gave room for islam and not the other way round so in contradicting circumstances the law overrides islam but what we have is a campaign of violence being used against others by insecure folks.
It is like a family who agree to allow a stranger in and then the stranger starts claiming his own personal principles should override the opinion of those who gave him room to come into the home.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by tartar9(m): 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
What's this fool alBAGHDADI saying.
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by superhumanist(m): 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2018
tartar9:

You blind? Ogbeni read the op for yourself

1 Like

Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by alBHAGDADI: 4:20am On Feb 17, 2018
true2god:
You are just getting better day by day. Excellent write-up.

Without apology, Islam promote violence and a constant threat to non-muslims. How can one justify an Arab illiterate man's command for slaughter and mayhem, more than 1400 years ago, in this modern age and time. To make the matter worse, this Akintola Ishaq, the president of MURIC, is a so-called Islamic professor, which means that he fully understood the sunnah of the Islamic prophet, vis-à-vis his advocate for terror against non-muslims.

This fake and useless professor should be arrested for inciting and advocating violence against an institution and her human representatives. Linda Sasour, an equally Islamic lunatic, also quoted this same ayah, advocating violence against a sitting American president, Donald Trump.

Why do Muslims have this sort of mob mentality when things don't go their selfish ways?
And they love to carry out the violence in countries that welcomed them wholeheartedly.
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by alBHAGDADI: 4:21am On Feb 17, 2018
tartar9:
Something what countering.

Or can't you counter it?

1 Like

Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by true2god: 8:29am On Feb 17, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
And they love to carry out the violence in countries that welcomed them wholeheartedly.
The black Muslims don't have problems in the US or Europe because they are fake and are only Arab wanabes. They are only being used by the Arabs to achieve their cultural, political and religious supremacy goal. The lie the Arab feed the black is that the first person to do the Islamic call to prayer was a Blackman, Bilal. This help massage the ego of black Muslims and shift the burden of responsibility from Mohammed whose encounter with any black was a matter of slavery.

100% of blacks in contact with Mohammed were all his slaves. These are well documented in the hadith, al-tabari and the sirah rasool allahh. Unfortunately, we blacks are so foolish that we don't even know our enemies, even when he documented his atrocities against us for their future generation to continue in their evil legacy.

Back to the topic, the so-called sophisticated Yoruba Muslims cannot even reason very well (not an insult). If a so-called Yoruba 'professor' can quote an Arab man who said 'persecution is worse than slaughter' and without thinking, believe in this warp and inverse logic, then our educational system is a complete mess. By Islamic logic, if I oppress you (not killed) I have committed a crime worse than genocide. If I say you cant wear a niqab in public for security reason (a form of oppression to Muslims, though no bodily harm at all), I have committed a crime worse than slaughter against a Muslim. No wonder core northern Nigeria will forever remain a mess.

I shake my head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by Slikbae: 9:16am On Feb 17, 2018
Muslims are the idiots. All foolish Muslim women who want to wear the hijab to bar must go and practice in sharia court.
abdelrahman:
I will take all this idiot enemies of islam as true when they remove the one on holy mary and replace it with bikini.
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
Slikbae:
Muslims are the idiots. All foolish Muslim women who want to wear the hijab to bar must go and practice in sharia court.
CRY CRY CRY nigga
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by alBHAGDADI: 1:50am On Feb 18, 2018
true2god:
The black Muslims don't have problems in the US or Europe because they are fake and are only Arab wanabes. They are only being used by the Arabs to achieve their cultural, political and religious supremacy goal. The lie the Arab feed the black is that the first person to do the Islamic call to prayer was a Blackman, Bilal. This help massage the ego of black Muslims and shift the burden of responsibility from Mohammed whose encounter with any black was a matter of slavery.

100% of blacks in contact with Mohammed were all his slaves. These are well documented in the hadith, al-tabari and the sirah rasool allahh. Unfortunately, we blacks are so foolish that we don't even know our enemies, even when he documented his atrocities against us for their future generation to continue in their evil legacy.

Back to the topic, the so-called sophisticated Yoruba Muslims cannot even reason very well (not an insult). If a so-called Yoruba 'professor' can quote an Arab man who said 'persecution is worse than slaughter' and without thinking, believe in this warp and inverse logic, then our educational system is a complete mess. By Islamic logic, if I oppress you (not killed) I have committed a crime worse than genocide. If I say you cant wear a niqab in public for security reason (a form of oppression to Muslims, though no bodily harm at all), I have committed a crime worse than slaughter against a Muslim. No wonder core northern Nigeria will forever remain a mess.

I shake my head.
I just pray that others can see this clearly
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by tartar9(m): 7:28am On Feb 18, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Something what countering.
Or can't you counter it?
Counter what? The Islamic interpretation or yours?
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by true2god: 8:35am On Feb 18, 2018
tartar9:

Counter what?
The Islamic interpretation or yours?
Can you please explain what Mohammed meant by: 'persecution is worse than slaughter'?
Re: MURIC Quotes A Violent Quran Verse To Support Muslim Ladies Wearing Hijab To Bar by delishpot: 8:58am On Feb 18, 2018
abdelrahman:

And when will we have female judges in Sharia court?

Every religious war and propaganda is for survival sake. Religions keep people blood thirsty or docile for elite needs. The followers are soldiers who can be called upon tomorrow to do the dirty job of the top man whose only aim is to maintain power and wealth under the name of a God. If God is God, no human need fight for him. But I know it is very hard to overcome inductrination even when the hand writing is on the wall. Many woukd say yeah, that is between him and God. If you believe your cheating or murderous religious leaders actions are between him and his God why then do uou not leave a normal persons ideology between him and God?

(1) (Reply)

Prophet David Elijah Who Survived 35 Bullets From Assassins Resumes Preaching / 50 Hilarious Church Signs That'll Keep You Sinfully Laughing For Hours / Nigerian Girl Speaks About Being ‘ogbanje’ River Goddess(details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.