Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

Praying Before The Time Of Prayer - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Praying Before The Time Of Prayer (5826 Views)

The Islamic Etiquettes Of Using The Telephone: The Time Of Calling And Ringing / Bloodbath As Muslims In Oyo Fight Over Praying Ground In Igboora, Ibarapa East / Factors That Hinders The Acceptance Of Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
Praying before the time for prayer

Is it permissible to pray the Isha prayer just before we go to sleep, instead of the appointed time? Show evidence please.

Published Date: 2003-04-09

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, As-Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”
[al-Nisa’ 4:103]

We have already explained the times of prayer in detail in question no. 9940.

https://www.nairaland.com/4307094/caution-muslims-prayers-meant-observed

Prayer offered before its time is not valid, according to the consensus of the Muslims. If a person offers a prayer before its time:

- if he does that deliberately, then the prayer is invalid and he is not free of sin.

- If that was not done deliberately, and he did it because he thought that the time for prayer had begun, then it is not a sin, and his prayer is regarded as naafil, but he has to repeat it because one of the conditions of the prayer is that it be done at the right time.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, in
al-Sharh al-Mumti’ , 2/88.

https://islamqa.info/en/20788

NB: The timings in the prayer time applications eg Muslim pro, etc can be taken as the adhan time. A little time can be added for the congregation to form.

And Allaah knows best.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by akeemakinremi(m): 9:21am On Feb 16, 2018
Masha Allah
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 9:23am On Feb 16, 2018
Jazakumullah khairan
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by pentax(m): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2018
Pray without ceasing

2 Likes

Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by yusufbida(m): 9:42am On Feb 16, 2018
Jazaka Llahu khair

Rashduct4luv:
Praying before the time for prayer

Is it permissible to pray the Isha prayer just before we go to sleep, instead of the appointed time? Show evidence please.

Published Date: 2003-04-09

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, As-Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”
[al-Nisa’ 4:103]

We have already explained the times of prayer in detail in question no. 9940.

https://www.nairaland.com/4307094/caution-muslims-prayers-meant-observed

Prayer offered before its time is not valid, according to the consensus of the Muslims. If a person offers a prayer before its time:

- if he does that deliberately, then the prayer is invalid and he is not free of sin.

- If that was not done deliberately, and he did it because he thought that the time for prayer had begun, then it is not a sin, and his prayer is regarded as naafil, but he has to repeat it because one of the conditions of the prayer is that it be done at the right time.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, in
al-Sharh al-Mumti’ , 2/88.

https://islamqa.info/en/20788

NB: The timings in the prayer time applications eg Muslim pro, etc can be taken as the adhan time. A little time can be added for the congregation to form.

And Allaah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by teeono64: 10:21am On Feb 16, 2018
Mashaa Allah!
Juma'a Mubaraq.
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by buffalowings4: 10:43am On Feb 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by muthmayinnah: 10:56am On Feb 16, 2018
what of in a case someone is travelling and he/she can miss the flight.
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Danialuone: 10:56am On Feb 16, 2018
Salam, I work in VI Lagos ,i goes to work from Monday to Friday and i left home at about 4.30AM everday....i used to observed my Subuhi prayer before i left home due to traffick .......am i wrong
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Boldstar(m): 11:53am On Feb 16, 2018
Danialuone:
Salam, I work in VI Lagos ,i goes to work from Monday to Friday and i left home at about 4.30AM everday....i used to observed my Subuhi prayer before i left home due to traffick .......am i wrong

I work on the island too so I live my house 5am to meet up with work but I don't offer my subhi before leaving home. But I usually get to work at some minutes past 6. I offer my subh at that time.

2 Likes

Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by muthmayinnah: 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
l think it is better you prayer before time if applicable than to pray late
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by adekhingz(m): 12:29pm On Feb 16, 2018
grin
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by mallamabdul25: 2:01pm On Feb 16, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin WOH ISLAM, HOW CAN I BE A MUSLIM WITH ALL THESE CONFUSIONS?
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by abbasajao(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
At the poster above me, there is no confusion in Islam. Everything about Islam have been completely spelled out with evidences. One can only get confused if you lack the knowledge. And that is why as a Muslim, you must seek for knowledge before you practice the religion of islam.

1 Like

Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:04pm On Feb 16, 2018
Danialuone:
It's correct to pray Subhi when daylight is about coming out. The ones you have been praying were not correct. Pray immediately you alight from the bus. This is still valid. Currently Subhi is around 6:05 am!
Seek forgiveness for the past mistakes and do a lot of Nafilah. May Allah forgive us and accept our prayers.
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2018
muthmayinnah:

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, in al-Sharh al-Mumti’ , 2/88.
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
muthmayinnah:
what of in a case someone is travelling and he/she can miss the flight.

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed Zuhr and ‘Asr together in Madeenah, at a time when there was no fear and he was not travelling. Abu’l-Zubayr said: I asked Sa’eed [i.e., ibn Jubayr], Why did he do that? He said, I asked Ibn ‘Abbaas the same question, and he said, He did not want anyone among his ummah to suffer hardship.

Narrated by Muslim, 705.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

The specific reason for shortening the prayers is travelling, and it is not permissible to shorten prayers when not travelling. With regard to joining prayers, the reason for it is if there is a need or an excuse. So if a person needs to do so, he may join prayers whilst travelling, whether he is travelling a long distance or a short one, and he may join prayers because of rain etc., or because of sickness etc., or for any other reason, because the point is to spare the Muslims any difficulty or hardship.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/293; published by King Fahd Complex.
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Monotheist(m): 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
muthmayinnah:
Salam Alaykum, Islam isn't based on a person's thinking except Allah's order and the words of noble prophet. Praying b4 the time of Solah renders the Solah invalid

1 Like

Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by udatso: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2018
Assalamualaykum. let's say Mr A offered maghrib salat and was waiting for ishai prayer, and he was feeling sleepy. He was sure he would likely fall asleep before the time of the salat so he decided to pray. And he never woke up till late later part of the night. What's the hukm behind this
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Fkhalifa(m): 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
udatso:
Assalamualaykum. let's say Mr A offered maghrib salat and was waiting for ishai prayer, and he was feeling sleepy. He was sure he would likely fall asleep before the time of the salat so he decided to pray. And he never woke up till late later part of the night. What's the hukm behind this
its never allowed to pray before its time except in some cases where we can fasten it,but sleep isn't among...its better he holds the sleep and if he can't help it,he should pray asap as he wakes up.
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by udatso: 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:
its never allowed to pray before its time except in some cases where we can fasten it,but sleep isn't among...its better he holds the sleep and if he can't help it,he should pray asap as he wakes up.
Even if the time of the salat has passed away?
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Fkhalifa(m): 6:12pm On Feb 17, 2018
udatso:

Even if the time of the salat has passed away?
yes,because the pen has been lifted by the recording angels while sleeping, but as soon as you wake up,then pray immediately that's your own isha time,but you delaying afterwards means you have delayed the isha.. Wa Allahu alam.

1 Like

Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by udatso: 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:
yes,because the pen has been lifted by the recording angels while sleeping, but as soon as you wake up,then pray immediately that's your own isha time,but you delaying afterwards means you have delayed the isha.. Wa Allahu alam.
Any proof for this?
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Fkhalifa(m): 6:41pm On Feb 17, 2018
udatso:

Any proof for this?
The Messenger of Allah ( ﺻﻠﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ ) said: “The Pen is lifted from three (i.e., their deeds are not recorded):
1. a child until he reaches puberty;
2. an insane man until he comes to his senses;
3. one who is asleep until he wakes up.”
[Recorded in Abu Dawud #4403, and Ibn Majah #2041]
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by udatso: 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
Fkhalifa:
The Messenger of Allah ( ﺻﻠﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ ) said: “The Pen is lifted from three (i.e., their deeds are not recorded):
1. a child until he reaches puberty;
2. an insane man until he comes to his senses;
3. one who is asleep until he wakes up.”
[Recorded in Abu Dawud #4403, and Ibn Majah #2041]
jazakallahu khairan
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Fkhalifa(m): 12:08am On Feb 18, 2018
udatso:
jazakallahu khairan
Aameen, but it doesn't mean we sleep off intentionally and wake anytime, its if u sleep over salat as result of weakness or forgetfulness.
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:26am On Feb 18, 2018
Bro Udatso,

As-salam alaykum.

‘Isha prayer must be performed before midnight, and it is not permissible to delay it until midnight, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time of ‘Isha’ is until midnight” (narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah , 964).

So you have to pray it before midnight, based on the length of the night, because the night may be longer or shorter, so the guideline is how many hours the night lasts. If the night is ten hours long, then it is not permissible to delay it until the end of the fifth hour. The best way it to pray it in the first third of the night. If a person prays it at the beginning of the time for ‘Isha, that is OK, but if he delays it a little while, that is preferable, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recommend delaying ‘Isha’ prayer for a little while. But if someone prays it at the beginning of its time, after the twilight – the reddish afterglow along the horizon – has vanished, there is nothing wrong with that. And Allaah knows best.

Majmoo’ah Fataawa al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, 10/386
However if we sleep or forget, then we have to pray it back as soon as we wake or remember! May Allah accept it from us.
Re: Praying Before The Time Of Prayer by udatso: 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
Bro Udatso,

As-salam alaykum.

‘Isha prayer must be performed before midnight, and it is not permissible to delay it until midnight, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time of ‘Isha’ is until midnight” (narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah , 964).

So you have to pray it before midnight, based on the length of the night, because the night may be longer or shorter, so the guideline is how many hours the night lasts. If the night is ten hours long, then it is not permissible to delay it until the end of the fifth hour. The best way it to pray it in the first third of the night. If a person prays it at the beginning of the time for ‘Isha, that is OK, but if he delays it a little while, that is preferable, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recommend delaying ‘Isha’ prayer for a little while. But if someone prays it at the beginning of its time, after the twilight – the reddish afterglow along the horizon – has vanished, there is nothing wrong with that. And Allaah knows best.

Majmoo’ah Fataawa al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, 10/386
However if we sleep or forget, then we have to pray it back as soon as we wake or remember! May Allah accept it from us.
Jazakallahu khairan

(1) (Reply)

Can We Recant A Vow Or Oath? / Probability Of Allah Forgiving The Christian On The Day Of Judgement / Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.