Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,435 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec (672 Views)

Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners / APC Governors To Contribute N6Bn For Upcoming Congress, Despite Owing Salaries / Abia State Government Owing Pensioners 8months Salary. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by AmadiAba: 11:36am On Feb 15, 2018
Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends Over N500m To Inspect Uncompleted & Non Existent Projects; Media Executives Disappointed (See Photos)

Information reaching IGBERE TV has it that Abia State Government led by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu allegedly spent above Five Hundred Million Naira (N500M) to host the Abia Media Tour that held few days ago, this N500M was spent on the media jamboree despite the salary backlogs in the state.

Based on our interaction with one of the Governor Okezie Ikpeazu’s highly valued media professional from Lagos who wants to remain anonymous, he described the media jamboree as a waste of Abia State scares resources considering that the so-called projects inspected were low leveled and does not match with other projects executed by even nearby state like Ebonyi state.

“These projects are obviously child’s play with what other state have executed, just go to Ebonyi state and see the wonders Umahi has done and he has not called for a media tour. But, your governor being a local champion, called a media tour to showcase few completed roads and so many uncompleted badly constructed jobs. He just wasted Abia State resources, and I can tell you it will not go far” he said.

When we asked him averagely the worth of the of the media tour, he has this to say;

“I cannot really say, I was paid some few millions to come and see the projects and my station will be paid millions to aired it, I am aware that the PDP National Chairman also came and participated in the tour, I saw other prominent individuals from Abia State in the tour. I will place the tour at about N500M, if not more considering the activities I saw. I was paid money in advance, my flight ticket paid for, my hotel room paid for and I was still given money to go back. I see all these as waste of Abia State resources because these projects are not worth to be showcased for now” he concluded.

Based on the information gathered by Abia Facts Newspaper, more than 150 traditional rulers from all over Abia State were invited for the tour, PDP national executive council relocated to Abia State, close to 100 clergymen were invited and so many notable Abians from all works of life and they were all paid ahead, though not all invitees attended.

All of these people were accommodated in hotels in Umuahia and given logistics allowances which ran into millions of Naira.
One of Ikpeazu’s close aides revealed to our correspondent that his boss spent over N800M for the media tour, adding that the expenditure is justifiable because, “people need to see the wonders Ikpeazu is doing in Abia state.”

Just recently, Abia State Teachers lifted their strike due to backlog of unpaid salary which are yet to be paid. , Abia State Teaching Hospital workers are owed for 7 Months; Abia Poly, LGA Staff, Pensioners and many other Abians are still being owed for between 4 to 8 months. Yet, the governor, who is seeking for a 2nd term has spent a whooping sum over N500M for media tour, is this wise?

http://igberetvnews.com/429702/despite-owing-8months-salary-ikpeazu-spends-over-n500m-to-inspect-uncompleted-media-executives-disappointed-see-photos/

cc: Lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44

Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by AmadiAba: 11:39am On Feb 15, 2018
more

Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by eTECTIVe(m): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2018
Worst Governors poll is keenly being contested by Ikpeazu of Abia, Bello of Kogi, Rochas of Imo and Ortom of Benue.. They are trying to outdo demselves but Bello of Kogi seems to b leading with Rochas closely behind
Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by AmadiAba: 11:49am On Feb 15, 2018
yet more

Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by Countersam(m): 11:51am On Feb 15, 2018
Ikpeazu has shown that he is not different from his predecessors,he is after a second tenure at whatever expense. Remember he spent a fortune o state resources in his legal battle.

Abians hailing whatever meagre achievements OVI claims to have should visit neighbouring Ebonyi to mention the least, alot of roads awarded within Aba were done twice because of lack of proper research on contract terrain, double expenses for willful foolishness.

Abia people should please wake up,he does not deserve a second term. Refuse to keep operating at the base /low level we are known for.

Its not a party affair anymore, we need someone with the capacity to reform Abia.
Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by AmadiAba: 11:51am On Feb 15, 2018
Bro, nobody is contesting the number one slot with Ikpeazu. The guy is so confused and visionless

eTECTIVe:
Worst Governors poll is keenly being contested by Ikpeazu of Abia, Bello of Kogi, Rochas of Imo and Ortom of Benue.. They are trying to outdo demselves but Bello of Kogi seems to b leading with Rochas closely behind
Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by AmadiAba: 11:52am On Feb 15, 2018
still coming

Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by AmadiAba: 11:53am On Feb 15, 2018
not over yet

Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by AmadiAba: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2018
jamboree

Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by AmadiAba: 11:56am On Feb 15, 2018
more shots

Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by AmadiAba: 11:57am On Feb 15, 2018
Can go on and on and on

Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by AmadiAba: 11:58am On Feb 15, 2018
On point!

Countersam:
Ikpeazu has shown that he is not different from his predecessors,he is after a second tenure at whatever expense. Remember he spent a fortune o state resources in his legal battle.

Abians hailing whatever meagre achievements OVI claims to have should visit neighbouring Ebonyi to mention the least, alot of roads awarded within Aba were done twice because of lack of proper research on contract terrain, double expenses for willful foolishness.

Abia people should please wake up,he does not deserve a second term. Refuse to keep operating at the base /low level we are known for.

Its not a party affair anymore, we need someone with the capacity to reform Abia.

1 Like

Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by eTECTIVe(m): 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
AmadiAba:
Bro, nobody is contesting the number one slot with Ikpeazu. The guy is so confused and visionless

Atleast he is confused and Visionless in silence.. Others competing with him are very vocal in their stupidity
Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by AmadiAba: 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
He used to be silent, but not now. He's now compiting for media space with his likes. Were u in Umuahia on monday? All the senior executives of the major news platforms in the country were in the state for his media jamboree
Re: Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec by KenOne: 12:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
Watch how some people will avoid this as it's concerns their beloved party PDP. If it were to be Okorocha or Yahaya Bello of APC they will flood the space. Now Samuel Ortom they used to criticise before is now their toast and darling simply because he's bashing FG and wants to decamp to PDP. My people from the East and hatred any day Okorocha or Yahaya Bello will start criticising FG too you will see them start praising them and you begin to wonder was it not the same people these sets of people have being criticising all these while. For them Ikpeazu is performing more than Okorocha and Owerri is more dirtier than Aba, to them nothing is good as far as is coming from Okorocha.

(1) (Reply)

''president Buhari Must Contest For 2nd Term'' Governor Yahaya Bello / I Love The Fulanis / Why I Faulted Obasanjo On Buhari – Sen Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.