Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,069 members, 7,939,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 10:37 PM

Baby Held As Collateral For Unpaid Medical Bills, Reunites With Family(PHOTOS) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Baby Held As Collateral For Unpaid Medical Bills, Reunites With Family(PHOTOS) (535 Views)

Mercy Wave NGO Prison Outreach: Miss Favour Emmanuel Finally Reunites With Famil / "Missing" 300-Level Student, Priscilla Ojong Reunites With Family / 22-Year-Old Man Chained Behind A Mosque In Kwali, FCT. Reunites With Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Held As Collateral For Unpaid Medical Bills, Reunites With Family(PHOTOS) by Rickyrick: 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2018
A baby in Gabon, Angel Okome, has reunited with her family after being held for five months over an unpaid hospital bill. She was released after the bill of roughly $3,630 was settled by a public campaign launched on the family’s behalf.

The unpaid bill was for the 35 days she spent in an incubator after her premature birth in a private clinic north of Gabon’s capital, Libreville.
The case shocked the public and garnered widespread support for Angel’s family, including from Gabon’s President Ali Bongo, who reportedly contributed toward the bill.

Angel’s mother, Sonia Okome, said in an interview:

“I’m happy to have my baby back, but I’m sorry that I can’t breastfeed her because after five months all my milk has gone.”

According to the BBC, the director of the clinic was arrested Monday on baby-kidnapping charges that were dropped a day later.

Source: https://wendynonso./2018/02/15/new-born-baby-held-as-collateral-for-unpaid-medical-bills-finally-reunites-with-her-family-photo-2/
Re: Baby Held As Collateral For Unpaid Medical Bills, Reunites With Family(PHOTOS) by Rickyrick: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2018

Re: Baby Held As Collateral For Unpaid Medical Bills, Reunites With Family(PHOTOS) by Rickyrick: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2018

Re: Baby Held As Collateral For Unpaid Medical Bills, Reunites With Family(PHOTOS) by Rickyrick: 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2018

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Man Narrates How His Twin Brother Got Killed By Soldiers / Shocking: Over 100 Women Raped! / Woman Escape Tiger's Attack.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.