Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,163 members, 7,890,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:03 AM

I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career (7717 Views)

He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate / After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned / For Those That Applied For The Just Concluded FCSC Recruitment Execirse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by ojelabiope(m): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2007
congrats man! abeg i would appreciate any inetrview tip.i have some ahead .my email addy is ojelabiope@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by soweto: 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2007
congrats adelink,iam very happy wit you.pls can u send to me a copy of your cv layout. dareadepoju@yahoo.co.uk
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2007
Congrats and please send the interview tips to me on donchjossy@yahoo.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by jameh: 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2007
Congrats you can also help me with interview tips.My e mail address is shagoons@yahoo.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by kilokme(f): 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2007
Hi
I,m new and I'm kind of lost. can anyone pls  help me out.
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by dremoney(m): 5:38pm On Mar 09, 2007
To God be the Glory for u and us in da houz my bro.
kip it up.
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by johnugwu: 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2007
hi iam interested pls forward the cv to my mail box johnugwu@yahoo.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by johnugwu: 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2007
after writing ecobank's test on the 1st of march 2007 & d online test ,any call yet &pls ineed info 4rm thoes that wrote in kano.
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by Hilolo(m): 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2007
pls, i will also need the C.V and interview tips. send it to : hilolo911@yahoo.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by mitchel: 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2007
pls Adelink could u write down how to write a good resume and what to expect during an interview for those still looking for employment.Thanks.Mitchel
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by frankiriri(m): 5:38am On Mar 10, 2007
Just post the tips here or better still create a new thread for it.
Sending every single person email na work oh grin
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by YCL: 11:07am On Mar 10, 2007
Man u are blessed by God, Congrats
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by Jolomisan(m): 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2007
Congrat. pls send ur interview tip to johnson_jolomi@yahoo.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by teekay: 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2007
hi pls send interview tips and cv advice to my box i have an interview soon tanks my addy is ann051470@yahoo.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by adebdav(f): 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2007
Congratulations, am really happy for you.please kindly send the tips you ave to adebdav2005@yahoo.com.It will be appreciated.All the best to the rest of us stilll looking for out for jobs.
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by LondonCool(m): 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2007
i applied for a position of a facility manager in response to an advert in january (guardian).after a rigorous screening of a test and 3 interviews, i was not given the job.rather i was givien a higer position with incentives stated  out as i assend a defined career part.i give God the glory and i will dedicated some of my time to help any and all nairaland members that may need help in the area of cv writing and interview tips. i an not an expert but i'll give tips that has helped me especially for fellow engineers who want to work in  engr firms.its my way of paying back MAY GOD HELP US ALL!

While thanking God for your success. I really doubt if you have the pedigree to give CV tips based on your written English and grammar; albeit you are an Engineer which places much premium on a practical hands on approach. Whereas there are lots of people who are unemployed and/or underemployed and out of sheer desperation may need your tips , you can not really place what aspect of the recruitment process landed you the job, its definitely not your work experience or else you would have applied for the "higer position"(sic) from the onset. The "Peters' Principle" states that in an organisation each person rises to the level of his own incompetence . Its one thing to have a "killer CV" , its another to demonstrate your "job competency"-i.e. what you would be able to do on the job if taken.
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by 4Play(m): 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2007
@Londoncool

Since you are in the biz of correcting grammar,let me point out the errors in your post grin

LondonCool:

While thanking God for your success. I really doubt if you have the pedigree to give CV tips based on your written English and grammar; albeit you are an Engineer which places much premium on a practical hands on approach. Whereas there are lot's of people who are unemployed and/or underemployed and out of sheer depsperation may need your tips , you can not really place what aspect of the recruitment process landed you the job, its definately not your work experience or else you would have applied for the "higer position"(sic) from the onset. The "Peters' Principle" states that in an organisation each person rises to the level of his own incompetence . Its one thing to have a "killer CV" , its another to demonstrate your "job competency"-i.e. what you would be able to do on the job if taken.

Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by knightpawn: 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2007
congt !!!!!!!! kindly send the tips to akanbiolayinka@yahoo.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by LondonCool(m): 4:13am On Mar 11, 2007
4 Play:

@Londoncool

Since you are in the biz of correcting grammar,let me point out the errors in your post grin

U wan mek I arrange mek dem Deport u from Plumstead where u dey hide?
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by ginajuice(f): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2007
Thanks be to God ALmighty who has not forsaken his children.

Congrates to u my broda, it will definately get better for all of us at narialand in Jesus name. Amen.

Pls man, am interested in the C.V format and the interview tips, kindly send it to my email stated below:

ginajuice2003@yahoo.com

Thanks once more.
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by adelinks(m): 5:30pm On Mar 12, 2007
I apologize for an error in my initial post (to all niaralander). I was in such a hurry and needed to get that message posted before the end of the day.
@Mr “londoncool”,
Mr “londoncool”,I don’t know if you know what it means to read or do u just scan through? I never called my self an expert. I never said I have a killer CV neither. it is clear that u are definitely myopic to think that engineering is purely practical and does not require good command of English. People like you only busy themselves looking out for problems but never the solution. I pity the company that has you as a staff .it also shows that you are not matured at least in thinking Cause if u are, you‘ll know that criticism is better when constructive! In your mind, ask yourself what (or how) has you posting(s) contributed to the reduction of the unemployed. Think about it. Try to be progressive and not retrogressive in your thought pattern. In my opinion, I think you should remove that quote by Rev.J.J.Jackson cause you have definitely betrayed it
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by mattydear(f): 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2007
Congrats!
pls send cv writing tips to this your fellow mattydear2002@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by Code9m(m): 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2007
adelinks , Nice come-back,man!

I was a guest on here a couple of minutes ago, but after reading "Mr. Know-It-All's post entry, i got really pissed. See, this is what's wrong with Nigeria. We enjoy pulling down our fellow brothers/sisters instead of uplifting.

Not sure, but looks like someone has been massaging his ego more than needed. shocked

londoncool, Be happy for a brother. He's kicked up already. Quit hating!

If you don sabi english pass all of us, why baba iyabo never summon u 4 em cabinet? grin
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by wisemikky(m): 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2007
hey,
read ur mail of and wud sincerely commend you for the manner of which you are showing ur gratitude.
congrats and have a 1daful career.
i believe i'd like the cv tips u offered, count me in. wisemikky@gmail.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by faithclem(m): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2007
kindly forward me the tips and any other useful information, Congrats and I pray that God sustains you and lift you higher and higher and higher and higher, , my email address is faithessien@yahoo.com. Cheers, Mate
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 13, 2007
pls i need the cv tips too. maryanaliu@yahoo.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by Yomsy: 5:34pm On Mar 13, 2007
Please the tips on writing a good CV. My email address is yumtulapez@yahoo.com. God bless you.
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by swaz(m): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2007
congrat[color=#000099][/color]
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by Ayenfe(f): 1:28am On Mar 14, 2007
Praise God for ur life, i really know that God is really having in his this Nairaland group, let us all praise God 4 his wonderful work, sure God is really Marvellous.

u can also send the C.V tip to my box, i will really appreciate that. ayanfe2000@yahoo.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by bukiboy(m): 1:41am On Mar 14, 2007
i will like to have the info as well plz mail me:bukky_297[at]yahoo.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by Clinsman: 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2007
congrats.Pls send Cv writing tips and job openings to. oye2002wale@yahoo.com
Re: I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career by shija: 5:54pm On Mar 15, 2007
thank God 4 u & the nairalanders all
pls send us d tips,can reach me @ tshija2000@yahoo.co.uk.,am a geologist of 2001 grad.,
congrats once again
tim smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Virgin Nigeria Job Online Application Forms / Rubber Estates Nigeria Interview / Inec Voters Registration Staff Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.