Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,379 members, 7,901,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:31 PM

Ekiti No Longer Needs Employees As Governors -otunba Segun Adewale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti No Longer Needs Employees As Governors -otunba Segun Adewale (685 Views)

Segun Adewale (Aeroland) Slaps BBC Reporter For Recording Him / Fresh Defections Loom As Governors Close In On Senator's Seats - The Punch / Solomon Adeola Yayi & Segun Adewale Aeroland Take Political Fight To New Height (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti No Longer Needs Employees As Governors -otunba Segun Adewale by opeey(m): 9:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
Adewale laments the high level of poverty in Ekiti and insists that the state now needs entrepreneurs, not those who have received salaries all their lives
- He says he does not need much hassles to defeat Governor Ayodele Fayose and his endorsed aspirant
A former chairman of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos state, Segun Adewale, has revealed his preparedness to wrestle other aspirants for the forthcoming governorship election in Ekiti state.
Adewale told NAIJ.com that it was time for Ekiti state to witness real governance and not have politicians whose main pre-occupation is stealing the commonwealth of the people.
Popularly called Aeroland, Adewale said Ekiti had suffered from governors who have never managed their own businesses but were employees.
He argued that as a result, the governors had found it difficult really managing the affairs of the state.
Reminded that Governor Ayodele Fayose, the state governor had endorsed his deputy, Prof Kolapo Olusola, as his replacement, Adewale said he could seek the mandate of the people through any other political organisation including the Action Democratic Party (ADP).
"I have always been a politician in Lagos, but the reason I am going home now is because those I thought would develop the state have failed.
"When you look at their lives, they had nothing before joining politics. Politics gave them all that they have. Despite the fact that apart from the governor, we have a minister and top appointees of the government, go to Ekiti state and see poverty everywhere. The poverty in Lagos is far better," he said while maintaining that the people of thestate wanted him to return and govern them.
Adewale, who spoke in a phone interview, argued that he remains the most qualified having been an entrepreneur who groomed his business into one with a turnover bigger than the total internally-generated revenue of Ekiti state.
"We don't need to put a teacher that had been earning salaries all his life, that had been an employee instead of an employer in the government house.
“The state is poor already and the people have been improverished. We need people who have been able to manage their own businesses and succeeded, employers of labour and not employees of labour.
“That is the reason I am home. If I see a qualified and successful entrepreneur with the interest of the people at heart, I can step down for him. That is the level to which I have the people in mind.
“Segun Oni worked for somebody before becoming the governor of Ekiti state. Kayode Fayemi was a teacher handling history in a university,” he said.
On the challenge he may face with Fayose, he said: “I will defeat him. All through in Lagos, I didn’t have a structure. Chief Bode George and Musiliu Obanikoro had structures, yet I defeated everybody.
“I got my ticket to pursue the House of Representatives even though I was not in Bode George’s group, I got my ticket against someone touted to be in the Bode George camp to clinch the Senate ticket on the platform of the PDP.
“I even defeated Dapo Sarunmi who brought the PDP to Lagos. I am a grassroots person and a sincere democrat.
“I am doing this because of the people and not for me.”
He said he already has the support of some party chieftains in Ekiti state as he continues with his ambition.

Re: Ekiti No Longer Needs Employees As Governors -otunba Segun Adewale by greatgod2012(f): 9:38pm On Feb 16, 2018
Election time! Campaign time!
May the best candidate win!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti No Longer Needs Employees As Governors -otunba Segun Adewale by oluwadare79: 9:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
greatgod2012:
Election time! Campaign time!

May the best candidate win!
Re: Ekiti No Longer Needs Employees As Governors -otunba Segun Adewale by Vinstel: 12:08am On Feb 17, 2018
Aeroland should go and sit down abeg. Nothing for him
Re: Ekiti No Longer Needs Employees As Governors -otunba Segun Adewale by Cromagnon: 1:51am On Feb 17, 2018
which entrep him preneur for ekiti

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Junaid Mohammed Reveals Cabal In Buhari’s Government / Gov. Bello's Aides Fight Dirty Over Reports Of Sack Of Commissioners & LG Admins / Nigerian Govt Explains Controversies Over Award By Martin Luther King's Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.