Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,029 members, 7,931,536 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:01 AM

Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) (40261 Views)

Residents Flee As Army Shuts Military Camp, Withdraws Troops From Niger State / Ibadan People Steal Rice From A Bus (Video, Photos) / Vehicle Guns And Bullet Coming From Niger Republic Intercepted By Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:45am On Feb 17, 2018
metroid:

Nigerian govt needs to spend more money on agriculture even if they have to start printing money to subsidize agriculture and storage or else we won't win this war #my 2kobo grin
wit the last minister of Agric, we where getting there, this new minister has no clue, I dnt even know what he is doing, the |FG should have retained the past minister, he was the best

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:45am On Feb 17, 2018
pinnket:
Hmmm... Hustle is real..

When there's really no much difference in price between the local and foreign rice, why won't smuggling continue, and why won't people keep going for the foreign brands since its known to have better quality than the local brands..

A lot is wrong with this country.!!
I thought d govt said rice import has by reduced by more than 70%?
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:47am On Feb 17, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Here's a picture purportedly showing Nigerians using motorcycles to smuggle bags of foreign rice from Niger Republic into the country. Muhammad Murtala Musa, who works as a Customs Licensed clearing and forwarding agent - shared the photo on Facebook.

He wrote;

Nigerians using motorcycles to smuggle bags of foreign rice from Niger Republic to Nigeria thereby sabotaging our local initiatives and later blame the government. I wonder why Nigerians cannot obey a simple law.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/nigerians-smuggle-bags-of-rice-from-niger-republic-with-motorcycles.html
i thought d govt said rice import has by reduced by more than 70% and that we are now eating local rice?
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by BafanaBafana: 10:48am On Feb 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Imagine the fvckery.

Smuggling contrabands on a motorcycle.
They aren't even concealed yet Nigerian Customs won't apprehend them simply because they are Northerners.

But from Seme to Idiroko down to Ore and even Agbor, if you like hide half bag of smuggled foreign rice and rebag it in a cement sack and further plant it in a container hidden inside a MACK truck. Customs will catch you.

Which way Nigeria?
Because most custom officers up not are southerners and all you need do is settle them and pass while most custom officers down south are notherners who don't take nonsense.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by nwabobo: 10:50am On Feb 17, 2018
erico2k2:

Bross I take it you mean the SOuth West! grin grin

It's like you don't know what custom officers and the navy do to Nigerians who smuggle used tires, flour and other stuffs from Cameroon through Oron via the Atlantic.

Nigeria doesn't begin and end in Lagos Bro, travel out sometimes.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by SKhanmi: 10:54am On Feb 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Imagine the fvckery.

They aren't even concealed yet Nigerian Customs won't apprehend them simply because they are Northerners.

But from Seme to Idiroko down to Ore and even Agbor, if you like hide half bag of smuggled foreign rice and rebag it in a cement sack and further plant it in a container hidden inside a MACK truck. Customs will catch you.

Which way Nigeria?

Right on point. I wish most people can spend like 2 yrs in the north & see who's fooling who in this country. Most of our government agencies are only effective mainly in the south & west. Imagine smuggled cars being driven around confidently with no plate numbers for months & nobody dares stop them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by slowice(m): 10:55am On Feb 17, 2018
What do you expect when the price of locally produced rice is twice the price of foreign rice.... The incentive to smuggle rice is too much besides the custom is the most corrupt govt agency today. They steal luxuriously
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 10:57am On Feb 17, 2018
good gesture, until we get food security in Nigeria... how can I buy a bag of rice for 22k ... buhari will never go unpunished
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 11:01am On Feb 17, 2018
nwabobo:

It's like you don't know what custom officers and the navy do to Nigerians who smuggle used tires, flour and other stuffs from Cameroon through Oron via the Atlantic.

Nigeria doesn't begin and end in Lagos Bro, travel out sometimes.
I think the right word would be Travel in cos I was out long time ago!
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by mmorah6: 11:12am On Feb 17, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiotic pigs of Biafra and smuggling
may tinder kill u young
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Oilwell(m): 11:29am On Feb 17, 2018
buhariguy:

Bros I read your comment on most thread. Please seek help, you are too young for this. You are going to be someones father one day.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by kernel504(m): 11:33am On Feb 17, 2018
buhariguy:

Son of a terrorjst, Amarjiris have upgraded into smuggling. Sai Buhari idiots.
Hope your fther dies of Boko Ha ram, while your murder dies of Fulani herdsmen .
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by ewebiodun: 11:34am On Feb 17, 2018
That's to show u that really, there are people above the law in this country. I once asked on thus forum that why us it only in the south that customs is waging all out war against smuggling and always cobfisticating goods but in the north smugglers are free to smuggle things as they want.
This lends credence to the fact that an average northerner always has government protection and a deliberate ploy by the northern oligarch to strangle the south economically. Shame on Buhari and he has over dissapointed me.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by mcvities(m): 11:37am On Feb 17, 2018
I went to the market and a painter of foreign rice is 1600 naira and Local rice 1500 naira. I now ask the question, what is the difference?.

Let the local rice be cheap and see smuggling stop or reduced to barest minimum. What you have is the price of local rice competing with that of foreign and I still wonder what sense is in it.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by vioment: 11:39am On Feb 17, 2018
This is not a problem, it is actually an unwise policy. We din't have enough land to feed the nation, so you produce and buy, and if it is taking the local business out of service, that means they don't know the ins and outs of farming. A bag of rice should be 300naira.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by metroid(m): 11:45am On Feb 17, 2018
erico2k2:

wit the last minister of Agric, we where getting there, this new minister has no clue, I dnt even know what he is doing, the |FG should have retained the past minister, he was the best

5 star lager beer for you on me there

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by motherfucker: 11:46am On Feb 17, 2018
eTECTIVe:
D country's northern borders are simply a sham... D customs and immigration offices over there are jus kieeping up appearances dats all... A visit to sokoto border will make U understand d folly of d whole Customs anti smuggling war which seems to b concentrated only on d western borders. More than half of d Ppl in d north are migrants from across d border who settle down in any of d states and claim residents..
few days ago, one shoe shinner came to where I wanted to buy beef... The beef selle4 was speaking Yoruba to him and he didnt understand. So he was asked where are u from...

He replied Niger... I was dumbfounded... Like WTF is this Niger hood rat doing in South West?

We are forked
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by roysean(m): 11:50am On Feb 17, 2018
This why we have thousands of armed men in custom. Or are they just working for the salaries?
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by nex(m): 11:59am On Feb 17, 2018
Yet they will come and tell you rice imports from Thailand to Nigeria has reduced due to increased local production. Meanwhile, it is due to increase rerouting from Thailand, through Benin Republic and Niger Republic.

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Fourwinds: 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Nigeria borders are so porous you can smuggle a mountain and two big lakes into the country grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by 36pripa(m): 12:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Imagine the fvckery.

Which way Nigeria?
The way you described the packaging, I had to look at your username to be sure you were not a smuggler because your description is professional. grin.

Now I want you ask you Nwaama..., in all honesty were you a smuggler before, even if it is smuggling contraband into the dormitory? because this description reeks of many years of experience.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Deen100: 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
ekems2017:
Why didn't you arrest them?

For the offence is not arrestable ni.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by symbianDON(m): 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
tomorrow customs will tell us they are working....mtchewwww!!! ordinary rice they cannot impound but they will flash us pictures of range rover they impounded for not paying duty(which by the way, they will later release after proper settlement). yeye people.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by judgedredd22(m): 12:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
PharmaGirl:
What are customs there for?

there are no custom officers in the northern borders. you will only see them from the middle-belt down to the south.
That is why you see fulani people with guns, roaming about freely nationwide without repercussions.
I was a youth corper in potiskum, yobe state, close to the niger border.... N100 on okada or horse will get you into niger, no borders there. cool
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by wasyou: 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
tongue hi

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by jajaofafrica: 12:22pm On Feb 17, 2018
Dont know why we allow a rogue nation like Niger that call themselves Nigeriens to operate in our backyard like that..in retrospect you should never allow a shop open next to you with only two letters missing..the north have been usin that country to scam Nigeria for decades..thats why you have American soldiers walking around supevisin their investments..in Niger
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by dokiOloye(m): 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
PharmaGirl:
What are customs there for?
Customs only customs in the south.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Iamoriginalben(m): 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2018
Fake news... All lies abeg angry
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by MayhorE(m): 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
So you mean the should keep hoping for the hopeless nation(leaders)?
We need to go back to our source and that's farming, if not, we'll later be smuggling water in sf
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by ogunmourinho(m): 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2018
Maria100:
lol.....upon all these, rice is still very costly lol.....
Meanwhile...faecbook group/page for sale...1.430,510 Group Members, 26511 Page Likes....check my profile
how much
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by joe120120(m): 2:12pm On Feb 17, 2018
This is because hungry in Nigeria.
and gmb can't cure it
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by greatcrown: 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
Mr Muhammad Musa D Provost; why are you blaming Nigerians for failure of law enforcers?

I believe these people are working in agreement will law enforcement agencies.

The government who cannot secure her bother is to be blame and not the people.

Criminals are found in every country of the world and it is government responsibilities to identify, arrest, and prosecute criminals!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AAU Graduation Party: Cultists Kill Final Year Medical Student, 9 Others / Nigeria Police Declares Woman, Man Wanted For Stealing Over N100million (pics) / Chinese Bank Programmer Steals Millions From ATM Using Loophole (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.