Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,530 members, 7,905,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 03:11 AM

Da Grin Is Dead! - Music/Radio (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin Is Dead! (75385 Views)

Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! / General Pype – Champion (the Remix) Ft Naeto C, Da Grin, Sasha, Gt The Guitarman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by justmytot: 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2010
what a shame cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by abayorme: 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2010
, sometimes i wonder why did god haveto create you if it was only to take you, Ruggedman

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by teeluv(m): 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2010
many condolences to his friends and family,
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by eosho: 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2010
will miss him, young man filled with lots of energy,brought lots of nigerian swag,yoruba tongue and the streets rage into RAP,enigmatic in person yet genuine to his rootes.They start up explosive and sometimes you wonder why they sometime go off too soon, candle in the wind

you will keep shining in the hearts of people,etched in time its glaring you've left a foot print in the sands of time
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by MUZBO(m): 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2010
'Oh me lord! tell me what we living for/ everybody dropping on ** knocking on Heaven's door/' - Tupac Shakur(Only God can judge me). Rest with a GRIN.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by DESTINYJ: 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2010
http://www.nightlifeafrica.co.uk/extra_news.php?nid=1339

Here is what was reported of the incident, nothing stating he was drunk or speeding.
May his soul rest in peace! cry cry cry cry cry cry

As we reportedly exclusively earlier, Dagrin is still at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, where Doctors are working hard to stabilise his condition after a nasty crash that left him comatose, yesterday.

We have now obtained pictures of Dagrin, lying in hospital, as well as those of his badly-damaged car…

Here’s what happened exactly, according to our reporter who visited LUTH today

He went to his father’s place at Meiran on Tuesday and left 7pm the
same day for his fried’s place. The friend’s name is James. He was
leaving James place on Wednesday morning at 2am.

The incident happened infront of Alakara Police Station in Mushin

The truck was parked outside the police station on the road. The truck
was a truck delivering cement. He ran under the truck and his car was
crushed.

The police removed Dagrin’s plate number before his folks who had
rushed him to the hospital came back to the scene.

He first rushed to T & S (Tai Solarin) Hospital at Olosha in Mushin
and the doctor advised the family to take him to LUTH for intensive
care since they don’t have the facilities required.Though they gave
him first aid there.

He has been unconscious since the incident, but 5.49pm Thursday
evening, the family got relaxed that he is getting conscious.

His father and Tunde went in to see him at 5.35pm after a long wait
outside without anyone being allowed inside the ward he is being
treated.

He had a cut in his face, jaw and a swollen head, but no fracture.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by henry101(m): 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2010
arkinses:

SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! PEOPLES, LISTEN TO AN UNRELEASED DA GRIN SINGLE, TITLED IF I DIE embarassed embarassed embarassed

http://www.mytruspot.com/dagrin/song_focus_5580.php

WOW!!!!!
COOL BEATZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

DA GRIN
REST IN PEACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by westpumpin(m): 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2010
WHAT A SAD SORRY ,
I PRAY HE MAKES HEAVEN
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by canuck(m): 7:32pm On Apr 23, 2010
Never heard of Da Grin until a couple of hours ago. (OK, my bad)

Having watched his vids on Youtube, the public wailing and mourning make perfect sense. Whao, the guy was distinctive, daring and diligent.

*Now, what's with the conflicting news - Is he dead or alive? Someone should check his pulse and get back to the nation!*
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2010
canuck:

Never heard of Da Grin until a couple of hours ago. (OK, my bad)

Having watched his vids on Youtube, the public wailing and mourning make perfect sense. Whao, the guy was distinctive, daring and diligent.

*Now, what's with the conflicting news - Is he dead or alive? Someone should check his pulse and get back to the nation!*

Dagrin was wayyyyyyyy more than that to some of us!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by jamolomo(f): 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2010
rip sad
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2010
I'm fronting if I say this thing no pain me. DAPO! WHY?? April 22nd would never remain the same for me! I lost a brother
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by chiogo(f): 7:49pm On Apr 23, 2010
This guy seems very influential even though I never listened to him.

These posts are making me sad. He was only 23? Very young.

R.I.P Da Grin.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by tkb417(m): 7:54pm On Apr 23, 2010
hmmm

na wa o; just like that

wtf
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ReachRich(m): 7:58pm On Apr 23, 2010
Cool FM just reported that Dagrin has regained consciousness.He's not dead afterall
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 23, 2010
ReachRich:

Cool FM just reported that Dagrin has regained consciousness.He's not dead afterall
Guy! don't shitz on my feelings o! I can curse you o!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by nana(f): 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2010
After the death of MJ,I thought I would never have to shed tears for a star. Da Grin came into the scene and held my heart captive with his songs. Was sad when I heard about the accident. My friends and I couldn't stop talking and wishing him a quick recovery. I was even looking forward to listening to teh single hit he would drop after his discharge from the hospital but alas! Death cheated. To actually think that this dude was my agemate, Quite sad!

Listening to Thank God ft Omawumi,all I can say is that dude never lived up to the lyrics of that songs. As in,this guy was talented! I wished he was going to be round for a very long time!

Goodnight CEO!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by nana(f): 8:03pm On Apr 23, 2010
ReachRich:

Hmm!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Kzea: 8:05pm On Apr 23, 2010
DEATH DON LA KONDO MO LORI
THIS SHULD BE A LESSON TO ALL NAIRA LANDERS THAT WE SHUL'DNT DRIVE WEN WE ARE DRUNK.
PLEASE LET'S OBSERV 1 MINUTE SILENCE FOR DAGRIN CUS O LENU BI PON PON PON PON PON PON
ANYWAY DEATH IS A DEBTH THAT WE'LL ALL PLAY.
A RISING STAR IS GONEE
O DI GBERE  lipsrsealed
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2010
Kzea:

THIS SHULD BE A LESSON TO ALL NAIRA LANDERS THAT WE SHUL'DNT DRIVE WEN WE ARE DRUNK.
PLEASE LET'S OBSERV 1 MINUTE SILENCE FOR DAGRIN CUS O LENU BI PON PON PON PON PON PON
A RISING STAR IS GONEE
O DI GBERE  lipsrsealed
You were dropped on your head as a baby, right?
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by nana(f): 8:08pm On Apr 23, 2010
Kzea:

A RISING STAR IS GONEE
O DI GBERE  lipsrsealed

*SMH*
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by canuck(m): 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2010
arkinses:

Dagrin was wayyyyyyyy more than that to some of us!

Really? How so? Someone please fill me in.

I don't believe the 40+ yrs crowd can say that much about Obey, KSA, or Late Fela.

Whao - This Da Grin guy was clearly legendary. Looks like my people have a brotherhood/fraternal connection to the guy.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by mrmonny: 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2010
da grin RIP

U still get mouth
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2010
rip
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by bilymuse: 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2010
Rest in peace
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Day11(m): 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2010
he was nominated for various awards but sudden death claim his life !!! if na person, i retire my last bullet for you!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by canuck(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2010
nana:

After the death of MJ,I thought I would never have to shed tears for a star. Da Grin came into the scene and held my heart captive with his songs. Was sad when I heard about the accident. My friends and I couldn't stop talking and wishing him a quick recovery. I was even looking forward to listening to teh single hit he would drop after his discharge from the hospital but alas! Death cheated. To actually think that this dude was my agemate, Quite sad!

Listening to Thank God ft Omawumi,all I can say is that dude never lived up to the lyrics of that songs. As in,this guy was talented! I wished he was going to be round for a very long time!

Goodnight CEO!

@ Nana

Talent aside (awards, etc), what was the attraction to Da Grin for you? Please help me understand. Was he kind? Soft-spoken? Approachable? Philanthropic? Civic-minded? Role model? Challenged status-quo? What was it?
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2010
canuck:

Really? How so? Someone please fill me in.

I don't believe the 40+ yrs crowd can say that much about Obey, KSA, or Late Fela.

Whao - This Da Grin guy was clearly legendary. Looks like my people have a brotherhood/fraternal connection to the guy.

He did what he did for Nigeria and by this Nigerian standard, he rode like a giant. He had beef with no one. His humility was beyond par, His life was a struggle and when he started coming up, he wasn't blinded by the fame. Dagrin understood the fans were his life source. I can't continue, I suddenly feel weak. Dagrin was my brother, he connected to me and I'm going to miss him terribly
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by henry101(m): 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2010
PLS U'ALL SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS SINGLE FROM DA GRIN

http://www.mytruspot.com/dagrin/song_focus_5580.php
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by canuck(m): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2010
arkinses:

He did what he did for Nigeria and by this Nigerian standard, he rode like a giant. He had beef with no one. His humility was beyond par, His life was a struggle and when he started coming up, he wasn't blinded by the fame. Dagrin understood the fans were his life source. I can't continue, I suddenly feel weak. Dagrin was my brother, he connected to me and I'm going to miss him terribly

@arkinses
Thank you very much. Whao. Simply, whao.

@NL
Other comments are welcomed to help those of us who know squat about Da Grin. Sounds like he was a great guy.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by nana(f): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2010
canuck:

@ Nana

Talent aside (awards, etc), what was the attraction to Da Grin for you; please help me understand. Was he kind? Soft-spoken? Philanthropic? Civic-minded? Role model?

Was he kind? I wouldn't know about that cos,I don't know him personally

Soft-spoken? Yes! I once watched the interview some lady(cant remember her name) did with him,I love the way way he interacted with the lady. I loved the way he composed himself. He didn't let fame get in his way.

Role-Model? Nah,got no role model

Civic-minded? Whatever that means

He captivated many hearts with his type of music.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Ibomade1: 8:27pm On Apr 23, 2010
The best story teller in 9ja's hip-hop.

RIP dagrind

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

HOT BANG!: Best Of Oritse Femi By DJ Wise1 (hot Mixtape) / Nigerian Idol: Dbanj’s Facial Expression Got People Talking / To Listen to Nigerian Music Online

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.