Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,817 members, 7,966,014 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:14 AM

If God Doesn't Exist What Do I Lose Afterall As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Doesn't Exist What Do I Lose Afterall As A Christian (433 Views)

You Can't Prove That God Doesn't Exist. Really? / "Pope Francis Didn't Say Hell Doesn't Exist, He Was Misrepresented" - Vatican / Seun Doesn't Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If God Doesn't Exist What Do I Lose Afterall As A Christian by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
I am a Child Of God and a strong believer in his Existence. I have felt his hands of protection, I have felt his hand of Correction and I have experienced Him and I know He exists. My belief in Him is not out of fear of what He might do if I don't I believe because I am convinced He exists and I know that He does.

But come to think of it, all because of those who deny His existence this question comes to my mind. Assuming I was wrong and all I believed was wrong what do I stand to lose at the end of the day?

Absolutely Nothing! except that I didn't live my life my own way. That is, to enjoy life to it's fullest in the context of the World.

Have sex with who ever and as many as I want, Do any kind of business to get money without any sense of guilt, In short Do anything anytime anyhow . No God, No sin, No Guilty Conscience.

I wonder many times what checks an atheist when there is no God in his life. Like one said on a thread yesterday that he enjoys seeing soldiers killed by the bokoharam and I wonder a life in God wouldn't think like that. He really could not feel the weight of wickedness in his comment. Why?
No God. He can say anything in fact if he has the chance to kill a soldier, he would.

If there is eventually no God I stand to lose total freedom to live life in my own way. And I thank God I don't have such freedom.

But what if there is a God eventually.

I stand to gain.everything God has promised.
and who ever believes not in God loses everything He promised.

Then why not kuku believe in God when I stand to lose Nothing.
Re: If God Doesn't Exist What Do I Lose Afterall As A Christian by festwiz(m): 2:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
Pascal's wager all over again.

OP, the probability of your god being the right one is 1:3000. If it turns out the muslim god is the right one, you lose and muslims win. If it's Zeus, you lose. If it's the rastafarian god, you lose again. The chances of you being right is equally spread across other religious beliefs as well.

Enjoy your life right now because you only die once.
Re: If God Doesn't Exist What Do I Lose Afterall As A Christian by hopefulLandlord: 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
Pascal's wager commits the "False Dichotomy" fallacy
A false dichotomy/dilemma is a type of informal fallacy in which something is falsely claimed to be an "either/or" situation, when in fact there is at least one additional option. A false dilemma can arise intentionally, when a
fallacy is used in an attempt to force a choice or outcome.

The question of Pascal's Wager is easily defeated by the observation that the wager is predicated on the existence of only one god that being a Christian god. If the wager were efficient then why prefer any one god. All of humanities gods should be eligible for the possibility of existence and therefore you should worship all gods to fully satisfy Pascal's Wager. That of course would fly into the face of declarations of many those gods where that being should be worshiped above all others presumably because of that gods' penchant for envy/jealousy.

Like one said on a thread yesterday that he enjoys seeing soldiers killed by the bokoharam and I wonder a life in God wouldn't think like that. He really could not feel the weight of wickedness in his comment.
That's brought about by the usual E-TribalWar that goes on on Nairaland, the Igbos are still hurt by the treatment meted out to them by the Nigerian army due to their calls for independence

I also find it strange that while the overwhelming majority of those that make such sentences are Christians, you latched on to a single atheist that did the same to make a point and ignored the Christians doing the same like they don't exist, that commits what's called "Confirmation Bias" and "Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy"

(1) (Reply)

Bank Manager In Police Net Over Abduction Of 2 Kids / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 27/02/18 / J-world Academy - Learn Music & Film Production And Multimedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.