Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,623 members, 7,948,385 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 07:54 PM

An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas (1771 Views)

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Aussie To Hustle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by Goddess82(f): 6:56am On Apr 23, 2010
Hi All

I am heading to Nigeria soon and would love some ideas on what I should see and do over there?

Ideas on:
sights
taking in the culture
clubs
places to eat
etc

Thanks wink
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by adetoru(f): 8:40am On Apr 23, 2010
Do you intend to travel around Nigeria or will you be restricted to just a city or two?
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by suxes2005(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2010
@OP

wat is ur main aim of coming here and
whom are u coming to visit?

SHALOM
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by Goddess82(f): 10:28am On Apr 23, 2010
I am staying with a friend who lives there and I am planning on spending my time mainly in Abuja but I will have time to travel around. I am sure my friend knows where to take me but I thought if I knew of a few places then they wouldn't have to stress on what I might want to see.
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by candylips(m): 11:15am On Apr 23, 2010
make sure you visit lagos
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by Goddess82(f): 11:17am On Apr 23, 2010
@candylips
is there anything specific in lagos. Like a really good club? or place to hang out? or attraction wise?
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2010
Goddess82:

@candylips
is there anything specific in lagos. Like a really good club? or place to hang out? or attraction wise?
Lagos. . . . Center of excellence ? Haha, u need to ask? Da BEST place to club, fun. . . . .name it! I advice u Visit lag.
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by Goddess82(f): 11:59am On Apr 23, 2010
@Tamita
I know I sound very naive but you will be amazed by the lack of tourist information on the web.

And i didnt want to do the whole Lonely Planet thing and look like a REAL tourist undecided

Guess I will venture to Lagos and go with the flow grin
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by nanidee(f): 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2010
@ godess, Lagos is definitely d place to be, lots of fun places, clubs, relaxation spots, beaches, infact, its just d place to be, and i assure u your visit to naija will be incomplete without visiting lagos.
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by Goddess82(f): 12:40pm On Apr 23, 2010
Thanks nanidee

Well I land in Lagos so I may just have to stay there for a while grin and soak up the atmoshpere, i cant wait!!
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2010
suxes2005:

@OP

wat is your main aim of coming here and
whom are u coming to visit?

SHALOM

What a question?
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by funkybaby(f): 3:42pm On Apr 23, 2010
LOL @ justwise
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by suxes2005(m): 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2010
@Justwise, yeah i got to ask
d OP dat. Dnt know either he/she is a
9jarian and moreover i dnt know wat
d OP is coming for and how long!

Anyways, lotta options are being given
to d OP here,

SHALOM
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by DisGuy: 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2010
Tamita:

Lagos. . . . Center of excellence ? Haha, u need to ask? Da BEST place to club, fun. . . . .name it! I advice u Visit lag.

This the the problem with 'tourism' in Nigeria, you get this just go there where exactly? what are  the buildings, areas to look out for, where to eat?

@Goddess

just browse through all the blogs you can find and perhaps lonely planets too but dont follow it religiously
Good thing you are going to Abuja

Aso Rock

Zuma Rock both in Abuja

Millennium Park
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by honeric01(m): 11:40pm On Apr 23, 2010
Everywhere in Lagos is a center of attraction, even inside the molue, you're looking for fun? you'd get loads of it anywhere in lag.
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by Hamsters: 12:02am On Apr 24, 2010
Goddess82:

Thanks nanidee

Well I land in Lagos so I may just have to stay there for a while  grin and soak up the atmoshpere, i cant wait!!

Naaah. . . . its better you go to Abuja first. . . . . After you've stayed sometime, then you can do Lagos. Lagos is quite chaotic. . . . but its the most fun place to be in Africa. Going to Abuja first would make it easier for you to assimilate Nigeria positively, after which you can spread out and have as much fun as you wish.
Nigeria is vast and diverse with strikingly different cultures and so many fun places. You would definitely enjoy your stay.

I'd advice you get the Timeout Magazine for Nigeria. It's very detailed with info on all the best places visit.
http://www.timeoutnigeria.com/

Make sure you 'd visit Lagos!!
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by justwise(m): 12:41am On Apr 24, 2010
funkybaby:

LOL @ justwise
tongue tongue

Still hiding with ur frogs? haha
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by justwise(m): 12:43am On Apr 24, 2010
suxes2005:

@Justwise, yeah i got to ask
d OP dat. Dnt know either he/she is a
9jarian and moreover i dnt know wat
d OP is coming for and how long!
Anyways, lotta options are being given
to d OP here,
SHALOM
Tell her where to go and hav fun and stop asking those scaring questions
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by Goddess82(f): 12:05pm On Apr 24, 2010
@Hamsters
Thanks so much for the link I will definitly take your advice on the magazine. I think when I land in Lagos i will probably jump straight on another plane to Abuja. So I will end up in Abuja first. The rock formations in Abuja look amazing! It sounds like Lagos is pretty full on so maybe I do need to venture back south after some time in the North and then hopefully drive back up.

@Suxes & @Justwise
I dont mind the questions, I can handle them smiley , ask away
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by suxes2005(m): 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2010
@justwise:

Wat do u mean by scaring questions?
Anyways, Poster, it depends on d type
of person u are.

Lyk u av been seeing and reading here,
Lagos is chaotic and Abuja is kinda quiet.
Just went there once though but u will
see lots of beautiful stuffs in Abj

SHALOM
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2010
suxes2005:

@justwise:
Wat do u mean by scaring questions?

I think scary's the wrong word. It's more the way you asked your questions, they sounded very interrogative, brusque, almost rude.
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by justwise(m): 12:44am On Apr 25, 2010
Siena:

I think scary's the wrong word. It's more the way you asked your questions, they sounded very interrogative, brusque, almost rude.

I couldn't say it better. Thanks
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by Hamsters: 2:21am On Apr 25, 2010
Goddess82:

@Hamsters
Thanks so much for the link I will definitly take your advice on the magazine.
Alright. Wish you a marvelous trip!
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by polynesian(f): 12:41pm On May 03, 2010
@Goddess82 just be careful ok

lool@evry1 dnt ask!!
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by okoomoge2(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2010
sorry
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by justwise(m): 1:05pm On May 05, 2010
oko-omoge:

Goddess82 , I live and work in perth, I am a subsea pipeline engineer working for wood, , my office is St geroge terrace street just on youe way to KINGS Park (QV1 building) ,
I am an omo Eko proper, used to live in Ajah and used to work in Exxon, I rocked 9ja wella . if you need info about lasgidi mail me(yl.flowline@gmail.com) and we hook up somewhere in the CBD either Murray or Hays street

She is not looking for any hook up, she is asking for nice places to visit NOT somebody to hook up with.

Goddess82 please stay away from this individual.
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by candylips(m): 1:11pm On May 05, 2010
oko-omoge:

Goddess82 , I live and work in perth, I am a subsea pipeline engineer working for wood, , my office is St geroge terrace street just on youe way to KINGS Park (QV1 building) ,
I am an omo Eko proper, used to live in Ajah and used to work in Exxon, I rocked 9ja wella . if you need info about lasgidi mail me(yl.flowline@gmail.com) and we hook up somewhere in the CBD either Murray or Hays street

Chei !!! she is not looking to hook up daammn !!
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by okoomoge2(m): 1:15am On May 06, 2010
nawa
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by justwise(m): 8:56am On May 06, 2010
oko-omoge:

I am damn to busy for chics at the moment, you guys sucks. I am in Australia ( by his grace making 9ja really proud down here) and have gat a lovely wife if you must know!!!!! I just want to give her first hand real time info face to face.
Nawa 9ja people with 9ja Sense!! You guys think everyone is after the skirt !!!!!!!

Stop fooling urself and face ur marriage.
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by okoomoge2(m): 10:13am On May 06, 2010
@Justwise,

Men I am kind of dazed with kind of responses I am getting from you dudes !!! What the hell, my aplogoies for wanting to help
Nawa ooooo, 9ja 9ja 9ja
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by mattfeuter(m): 5:30pm On May 06, 2010
justwise:

Stop fooling urself and face your marriage.

@ Justwise, though am kinda new here, but the way you always reply every post has revealed some thangs about you to me, Too much of everything is bad, very Bad!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Uk Government Spying On Nigerians Getting Married In The Uk? / Nigerians In Scotland/northern Ireland Needing An E- Passport. / Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.