Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,712 members, 7,918,192 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:22 AM

Mourinho Claiming Injury Crisis Ahead Of CL Showdown - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Claiming Injury Crisis Ahead Of CL Showdown (308 Views)

Liverpool Face Injury Crisis Ahead Arsenal Clash / Marcelo May Miss 2nd Leg Of CL SF Due To Work As Polling Agent In Local Election / Anthony Joshua Shows Off Ripped Physique Ahead Of Boxing Showdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Claiming Injury Crisis Ahead Of CL Showdown by oluwafemme129(m): 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
The next three weeks will go a long way toward defining Jose Mourinho’s second season at Manchester United, with the Red Devils facing not only fellow top-four aspirers Chelsea and Liverpool, but also contesting their Champions League round-of-16 tie with Sevilla.

[ MORE: VAR provider admits incorrect graphic displayed on TV ]

Thus, it’s not exactly the most convenient time for the words “injury crisis” to rear their ugly heads yet again, but that’s the challenge Mourinho claims he faces ahead of Wednesday’s CL clash.

Paul Pogba missed Saturday’s FA Cup victory with a last-minute illness; Marcus Rashford is dealing with a leg injury and remains questionable, as are Ander Herrera and Antonio Valencia; Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Marcos Rojo, Phil Jones and Marouane Fellaini are all but officially out
“I didn’t rest one single player so we had today every player available here. I didn’t rest anyone. I brought two kids that played on Friday 90 minutes [for the under-23s] because I don’t have another player, so we arrive at this crucial moment with some problems.”

“Can we recover some of them to Wednesday? I believe so. I think Rashford, Herrera, Valencia — I think they have a chance.

“Paul, I don’t know. Marcos Rojo, Phil Jones, Marouane, Zlatan — I don’t think they have any chance.”

Mourinho dealt with a similar rash of injuries very late on last season, as his side barreled its way into, and eventually won, the Europa League final, securing a place in the CL this season. With a top-four finish all but out of reach at the time, Mourinho opted to rest his bare-bones group of first-team regulars in Premier League action and prioritize Europe’s “other” competition.

(1) (Reply)

Osimhen Gets Ex-bayern Star Labbadia As New Coach At Wolfsburg / Samir Nasri Banned From Football / Man City A Painful Reminder Of Arsenal's Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.