Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,462 members, 7,974,881 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 12:27 PM

How Does School Pass Through Someone? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Does School Pass Through Someone? (16725 Views)

When Does School End / This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing / Does School Stifle Creativity And Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by timwudz(m): 10:42am On Feb 23, 2018
BabyApple:
Bi Oro Ba Runi Loju, Abi Ile Leere
my guy.. wa mo ifa gan o
Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by tunary(m): 10:46am On Feb 23, 2018
Cocolatti:
Since you are so sure of your games why not sell your father's house or borrow money from the bank and bet on it.

Mr. Scammer !!!
LWKMO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 23, 2018
chivic:
The phrase to my knowledge should mean when you go to school and improve in your character and knowledge which becomes evident in your relationships or dealings with others and successfully graduate irrespective of the grade ,then SCHOOL HAS PASSED THROUGH YOU.

It does not have to do with the negative vices that you learn.

This just about sums it up. Nice one wink

1 Like

Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by Nelchuksmandela(m): 10:54am On Feb 23, 2018
It's simply when u engage ur self Actively in school activities, be it political, religious, social etc....Experience and learn from all almost all that u Hv witness in d four walls of d university both good and bad.
Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by Nelchuksmandela(m): 10:54am On Feb 23, 2018
Thanks Fr. Okami for this Soul-Piercing Piece. I read in tears. Please let it go viral - *The Cry of a Priest*

As I drove back from Lagos to my small village in Isolo-Opin, I was praying and hoping someone will just send me a token to cater for some basic needs and fulfil some of the commitments of charity I made.

The whole of last Sunday collection, I used half to purchase fuel, I used half to pay someone's hospital bills. Meaning, I am broke already #broken like the bread I break daily#

While I was driving and hoping, someone called me and begged me to help her, she needs 20k for her daughter's school fees and it's urgent. I promised next week though I am sure my whole collection won't be up to that- a collection that I am not even at liberty to dispense as I will.

After a while, a boy who just requested me to be his spiritual director, sent a message telling me he is so broke and he needs help. I answered with a deep sigh.

I got home still hoping for alert, one of my youths who just got admitted to Kwara poly told me they will close porter next week, she has got only 20k out of school fees of 64k and then the cry "Fr, please don't let me lose this admission, I suffered so much pains and delay before getting it." I told her I will try and do something - even though I don't know how I can help.

After my evening mass today, a woman came crying and begging for help for her sick son, she wants to pay hospital bills.

Just this night, I am checking messages on Watsapp and someone from my former parish is using God's name to beg me to buy her sowing machine.

I just became sad suddenly. I am now asking myself...

Who is a priest? What do people think about us? Something like "they have money but don't have family so no responsibility."

A man once came to beg me for a loan of 850 thousand naira and he put "only", my whole collection for a year is not up to that.

Please, dear people, have mercy on us, it is abnormal for a priest to be rich, we took vow of voluntary poverty and indeed many of us are poor

We are only struggling to live Well, we also have a catalogue of responsibilities, we must develop the parish, we must buy drugs, take care of where we live, service our vehicle and put things in order for worship and remit to the diocese or our congregations. We have families and relatives too.

We are not the owner of those money you see in collection boxes.

Even what we spend, we must account for it as a matter of justice and conscience.

A priest is to live on your charity not for you to saddle the priests with burdens and yokes of responsibilities.

Some even come to lie to get help, I can't count how many people have requested phones from me- without knowing the struggle and tension between my present phone and I, some even steal from the priests,from the Church's treasury and some even steal the priest himself.

Pls have mercy on us, we are not exactly what many of you are thinking. The jeep you see us ride most times is a gift and a pastoral necessity, not a luxury, we need them not to prove we are rich but to access that stony, holly and Sandy outstations where souls are waiting and most times the fuel we buy is more than the collection we get.

We are to receive charity and dispense prudently according to reasonable bounds.

We are ordained primarily to be your spiritual guard and help and connect you to God in the path of salvation.

Please show us some mercy and re-order your perception and help your priests to be focused and serve you in his proper capacity.

Fr Emmanuel Okami
Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by SoldierBoy1(m): 10:58am On Feb 23, 2018
When you come out of school more refined than you were when you entered.
Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by dheilaw1(m): 11:19am On Feb 23, 2018
scoobs:
Engage in all activities especially social activities, apart from studying to pass.
this is just a perfect description
Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by Gistforme(m): 11:36am On Feb 23, 2018
Getting the two phrase together school pass through u is when you learn and get a good grade and when u pass through school back is when u participate in some school activities like sport, aluta, flirting and so on shocked
Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by oyoofong(m): 11:37am On Feb 23, 2018
Learning both academic and non-academics courses.The bad and the ugly and using the good for the advancement for yourself and the society
Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by Austinoiz(m): 11:49am On Feb 23, 2018
School pass through you in Character and learning.
Ideally, it is that thing(s) that stand yoy out among the less educated fellows.
Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by DonroxyII: 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
To me it means, The courses you have learnt and the disciplines that was entailed in the courses both at departmental, faculty and The overall school has reshaped your person and personality in a positive way !!!

Imagine, An Accountant started behaving like an accountant even from his words and actions you can easily decipher , he/she is an accountant while same goes for an Engineer, he sleeps engineer and he think engineer even talk engineer ...

But when an Economist started talking like NURTW or RTEAN ...... you would know, Na Aluta dem go do for school and women women !!!

U passed through school but the real purpose of going to school fail to pass through you (cuz u block am) tongue
Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by kolaish(m): 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
chivic:
The phrase to my knowledge should mean when you go to school and improve in your character and knowledge which becomes evident in your relationships or dealings with others and successfully graduate irrespective of the grade ,then SCHOOL HAS PASSED THROUGH YOU.

It does not have to do with the negative vices that you learn.
You spoke my mind. In addition, it is for one to subject him/her self to the rigours of school teaching/learning/activities, and coming out well reformed positively than he was before getting admission.

1 Like

Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by kolawole97(m): 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
Having school passed through u has a lot to do with character building.... It's basically the other positive things u learn and pick up while in school besides ur course of study dah models and shapes who u are after leaving school...
Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by Ampo: 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
This comment hit the point. I believe it means after going through the school the reasoning of one should be different from those that does not. The manner of approach to situations must be different and more organized to reflect the impact of education.

Yankee101:
Passing thru school and allowing school to pass thru you means Having other interpersonal skills gained from school besides education only.

1. Make lifelong friends
2. Meet your future wife
3. Build future businesses together
4. Attend social functions like awards nite
5. Attend church fellowships like FCS
Re: How Does School Pass Through Someone? by drvalency: 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
chivic:
A lot of explanation has been put forward by different people on what "school passing through you means"
However I will like to know the real meaning of that phrase.This are few theories:
1) if you join your colleagues in doing the "bad"things associated with school and eventually graduates ,then school has passed through you.
2)When you graduate from a school that has a lot of court group who will sometimes shoot gun and even kill and people will run away.
3)participating in different 'Alutas"
4)learning and graduating with a good grade etc

But ideally should that phrase mean ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Times Did You Sit For Jamb? / UNN Students Condemn Jungle Justice With A Play (Photos) / Download Free Jamb Past Questions For All Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.