Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,692 members, 7,889,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 04:44 AM

Russia 2018: I'll Choose Nigerian World Cup Squad By Performance - Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia 2018: I'll Choose Nigerian World Cup Squad By Performance - Rohr (684 Views)

Nigerians React To The N72k “nike Nigerian World Cup 18 Tracksuit” / The Nigerian World Cup 2018 Tracksuit Cost 72,000 Naira - Fans React / Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia 2018: I'll Choose Nigerian World Cup Squad By Performance - Rohr by Hotsports: 8:37am On Feb 22, 2018
As the Russia 2018 World Cup approaches, Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr has warned that he has no preferred players for the tournament hence no one gets automatic shirt to the World Cup.

Rohr, who was at the Agege Stadium in Lagos to watch the second leg of CAF Champions League preliminary round between MFM FC and AS Real Bamako of Mali, acknowledged that he has a lot of work to do especially in the goalkeeping section of the team.
The German tactician said he has visited players in the German Bundesliga, French Ligue One and Spanish La Liga to ascertain the performance of his players and also to scout for other footballers of Nigerian origin.

On goalkeeping, which he admitted is still a major area of concern, he spoke of Deportivo La Coruna’s goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho, who he said has a prospect of been invited to the team going by his performance in the last friendly match of the Super Eagles with Argentina.

Rohr also he said he was impressed with the performance of Super Eagles winger, Victor Moses during the UEFA Champions League between Chelsea and Barcelona in Stamford Bridge, noting that despite the performance of Messi, Moses also proved the quality he is made of in the game.

The German said his team will be selected by accessing quality, mental situation and fitness of each of the players that will be invited during the teams forth coming friendlies

http://hotsportstv.com/russia-2018-no-automatic-shirt-rohr/

Re: Russia 2018: I'll Choose Nigerian World Cup Squad By Performance - Rohr by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:40am On Feb 22, 2018
Thumbs up Mr Rohr and I wish that God gives you the wisdom and knowledge to make the right decisions and make the Eagles soar in the upcoming friendlies and the World cup and beyond.

God bless Super Eagles!
Re: Russia 2018: I'll Choose Nigerian World Cup Squad By Performance - Rohr by Mariangeles(f): 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2018
This is a new dawn for Nigerian football .
No more cabals, no more "big boys" in the national team...
There's so much love and passion in the team, you can feel it...equality, friendship, trust with a little humour
Siasia, Keshi and their likes almost totally ruined our football but thank God for Rohr...I pray we never go back!

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018: I'll Choose Nigerian World Cup Squad By Performance - Rohr by robosky02(m): 9:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
the coach face be like

oh boy respect yourself na oh grin

(1) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League: Liverpool Draw Manchester City In Quarter-finals / PL: Juventus Boss Max Allegri Speaks On Joining Chelsea, Arsenal / Best And Worst Transfers Of The Premier League Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.