Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,289 members, 7,887,853 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:13 PM

Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff (1020 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Vs Ikechukwu Uche: Who Should Start For Nigeria ? / Keshi Resumes; Recalls Ikechukwu Uche For Remaining AFCON Qualifiers / Ikechukwu Uche Rubbishes Keshi Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by hollandis(f): 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2010
In an entertaining match between Zaragoza and Real Madrid,Super eagles dependable striker and highest goal scorer came in as a substitute in the 75th Minute.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=275649&league=ESP.1&cc=3888
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by Iyineda(m): 12:38am On Apr 25, 2010
Great news. I will be sure to watch Zaragoza's next match. smiley
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by hollandis(f): 10:06am On Apr 25, 2010
At last Uche is back,the likes of Aiyegbeni and Obafemi should bury their head in shame
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by honeric01(m): 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2010
Thank God, my main man is back, imagine all these fast strikers available, Ahmed Musa is also another one i love to see in SA.
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by chidichris(m): 8:28am On Apr 26, 2010
i am really happy for him
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by snowdrops(m): 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2010
H e played against real madird i believe. I think he still has some way to go before he can become fully match/world cup fit.
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by honeric01(m): 9:05am On Apr 27, 2010
Ikechukwu Uche back in action
Uche back in action

Posted: 2010-04-26 10:19

Nigeria striker Ikechukwu Uche returned from almost six-month lay-off for Real Zaragoza to play a part in their 1-2 home loss on Saturday night.

Uche has been out injured since September last year but the club medical team only cleared him to start playing in the Spanish La-Liga four weeks ago.

Although he was not in the Real Zaragoza squad to face Real Madrid on Saturday, a freak injury suffered by a team-mate turned the tide in his favour.

"I was at the stadium just to watch the Real Madrid game and support my teammates from the stand.

"Unfortunately, during the warm-up one of our players suffered an injury.

"I was asked to come into the squad to take his place and I thought I was just going to be a non-playing striker on the bench.

"But the coach who has been biding his time to give me a chance in the team asked me to warm up.

"Sincerely, that precious 15-minute on the pitch against Real Madrid was highly emotional.

"Though we lost the game, our fans and my fellow players were delighted to see me back in action." Uche told KickOffNigeria.com.

Uche's return has since been hailed as a breath of fresh air as Nigeria begins their preparation for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

He missed the 2010 African Cup of Nations in Angola and Nigeria's inability to find goals at the tournament left fans ruing the absence of the Zaragoza man.

Uche, presently reckoned to be Nigeria's best goal-poacher, was the Super Eagles top scorer with four goals during the World Cup qualifiers, despite missing the final two matches of the campaign.

But he was quick to play down the sentiments: "I only make my own contribution, we have good strikers and the team is a brilliant one. We were only unlucky and got some things wrong in Angola."

He told KickOffNigeria.com, "I just want to give my best to my country and club; I am not interested in personal glory or what the media writes.

"What matters is a collective success of the team and not being the top scorer or getting accolades in the papers while the team struggles.

"I am just delighted to be back and there is a lot to be done between now and the World Cup to get back to the player I was before the injury stalled everything."

Colin Udoh
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by snowdrops(m): 11:58am On Apr 27, 2010
Hope he remain fit for the world cup
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by hollandis(f): 11:43pm On Apr 27, 2010
honeric01:

Thank God, my main man is back, imagine all these fast strikers available, Ahmed Musa is also another one i love to see in SA.
angry what is your own ?
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by honeric01(m): 7:38am On Apr 28, 2010
hollandis:

angry what is your own ?

what's my own? how?
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by hollandis(f): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2010
We are talking Ikechukwu Uche,you are talking Ahmed Musa.Very soon you will talk about Yusuf Mohammed.You are TOO tribalistic angry
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Features For Zaragoza At Last After A Long Injury Layoff by honeric01(m): 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2010
hollandis:

We are talking Ikechukwu Uche,you are talking Ahmed Musa.Very soon you will talk about Yusuf Mohammed.You are TOO tribalistic angry

Do i look like an Aboki to you undecided? why should you say I'm too tribalistic angry? i only mentioned Ahmed's name because i would like to see both of them mounting the forward line for the super eagles, now how's that a tribalistic statement? undecided

(1) (Reply)

44 Days To Worldcup : Largerback Yet To Collectively Meet With His Selections. / Victor Moses, Mikel Light Up Abuja ! / Enyimba International Fc - Al-hilal Live In Hd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.