Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,916 members, 7,915,654 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:41 AM

Now Is The Accepted Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Now Is The Accepted Time (628 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Retired Col. Anthony Ojomo Accepted Islam After 59years In Christianity! / Can A Stolen Money Be Accepted By God, As Tithe And Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Now Is The Accepted Time by PastorAde: 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2010
[center]Now Is the Accepted Time[/center]

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth (Genesis 1: 1).

And He said to me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is thirsty of the fountain of the water of life freely (Revelation 21: 6).

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven. A time to be born, and a time to die, a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted (Ecclesiastes 3: 1-2).

For He (God) says, I have heard you in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succored (helped) you: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation (2 Corinthians 6: 7, emphasis added).

One of the precious gifts of God to man is the gift of time. As a matter of fact, time is the measurement of lifespan on earth. According to the first Scriptures above, to everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. There is a time to be born, and a time to die. There is a time to plant and a time to harvest that which is planted.

From the moment God created the heaven and the earth, time began. Then all creation was put in place. Genesis 1: 26a records the creation of man – “And God said, Let us create man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion …” The first man God created on earth was Adam and then his wife, Eve. God gave Adam a commandment of what fruit of the trees to eat and the fruit of knowledge of good and evil he was to abstain from eating. Adam disobeyed God through the deception of satan and ate of the forbidden fruit. He died spiritually and was driven out of the Garden of Eden. Through the disobedience of Adam all men were made sinners. But God had a solution.

At the fullness of time, God sent forth Jesus Christ His Son into the world to redeem all men by the shedding of His blood (Galatians 4: 4-5). This fullness of time kick-started the accepted time or the day of salvation. The accepted time or the day of salvation spans from the time Jesus was born into this world till the rapture or catching up of the church of God to heaven. We are now living in the accepted time or the day of salvation. In this accepted time and in this day of salvation the gospel of the kingdom of God is being preached, persuading every man and woman to believe in Jesus Christ, who came to die for the sins of the whole world. Those who believe will be saved, and those who believe not will be damned (Mark 16: 16).

The rapture of the church will signify the end of the accepted time and the day of salvation, after which the time of tribulation or time of trouble will commence. In that day, the antichrist will arise in this world and hell will be let loose on earth. This will be a time of trouble unprecedented in the history of the world (Daniel 12: 1). The troubles going on in the world today will be nothing compared to what will befall this world at that time. That is why in this day of salvation, you must believe the gospel so that you and your household will be saved and caught up to heaven to escape the tribulation coming upon this world.

Will you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior and be saved? Will you be caught up to heaven to escape the tribulation? If yes, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior. I accept You in this accepted time, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling: write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com
Re: Now Is The Accepted Time by vescucci(m): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2010
I'm just gonna go ahead and just say it. Even though I don't subscribe to the whole we need deliverance hullabaloo (if the wages for sin is death, there must be reward for righteousness) but I'll let you humour me. What I can't understand, and it just drives me nuts that everybody goes gaga over it, is that it doesn't seem odd that the nature of such an awesome being God will be so conveniently tailored as to remedy the problem of sinning man. It seems to me that if the dynamics were different and say there was need for one godhead to die, another to hold the fort, another to play evil and a last to keep us from relapsing, we'd be talking of a quadrahead and not trinity. How can God's nature seem like a means to an end. An end that it seems He created Himself? God can't deal with sin etc as if He wasn't the one who decides what is to be sin and what is not. There's no such thing as sin. It only has to do with God.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Words Of Powers / Christian Preacher Arrested For Saying Homosexuality Is A Sin In The Usa / Kingship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.