Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,648 members, 7,878,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:56 AM

Black Is 3 Months And 2wks. Rate Her. - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Black Is 3 Months And 2wks. Rate Her. (3758 Views)

My Boerboel Bella Diary Please Rate Her Let Me See If She Is Doing Fine / �11months 2wks Old Adolescent Male Long Coat Slant Back Gsd For Sale...hurry / Eragon Is A Month Older Today. Help Rate Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Is 3 Months And 2wks. Rate Her. by Oluwafreshing(m): 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
Rany4all:
Well I guess a vet should know better but I'm still not convinced. All litter mates, even of same sex, can not be same size na haba... cheesy

True but severe illness can cause stunted growth too
Re: Black Is 3 Months And 2wks. Rate Her. by chiboy1116: 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
Rany4all:
Well I guess a vet should know better but I'm still not convinced. All litter mates, even of same sex, can not be same size na haba... cheesy
toh...I HV no idea then..that's what I was told.
Re: Black Is 3 Months And 2wks. Rate Her. by Rany4all(m): 9:30am On Aug 13, 2018
Oluwafreshing:

True but severe illness can cause stunted growth too
I think I'd prefer the word 'chronic' rather than 'severe.'

An acute severe illness will cause temporary weight loss yes, but unless there's some sort of permanent damage, in which case it becomes a chronic thing anyway, there's usually no effects on growth in the long term.
Re: Black Is 3 Months And 2wks. Rate Her. by Rany4all(m): 9:54am On Aug 14, 2018
chiboy1116:
toh...I HV no idea then..that's what I was told.
Yeah, your vet knew what he was saying. Did some research and found that Parvo may actually cause permanent damage to some parts of the intestines, hence resulting in long term effects on nutrient absorption and resultant growth stunting.

Having said that, this long term effect of Parvo on growth is very difficult to judge simply because the final growth outcome of any dog is not known in advance and growth itself can also be affected by so many variables.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please, Someone Should Help Identify This Breed / White Male Maltese Puppy For Sale!!! / Is My Dog Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.