Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:48 PM

My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye (1174 Views)

An OPEN LETTER To Mr Fela Durotoye / APC Deployed N1.3billion Hush Money To Stop Hashim, As Fela Durotoye Got N750m / Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by seyi360(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2018
My advice to Mr Fela Durotoye ;

Sir, you stand a better chance of winning a sit at the Lagos State House of Assembly than getting Nigerians to vote you in as their President.

Considering the fact that there is an unofficial arrangement to let power remain in the north till 2023, after which the South Easterners are hoping to take their turn in Aso Rock.

Chief Gani Fawehinmi, Rev.Chris Okotie, Prof.Pat Utomi and Dele Momodu , these men with a better national appeal than Mr. Durotoye have at one time or the other put their hat in the Presidency ring , but none ever came close to getting 300,000 votes.

Not even Rev.Chris Okotie who ran 3 consecutive times ( 2003,2007 and 2011).

Let me take a detour into the political voyage of another celerity whose political arithmetic yielded results.

Honourable Desmond Olawale Elliot leveraged on his Nollywood induced fame to ride into Political success.
He didn't bother to waste his time, resources and energy contesting the Presidential, Gubernatorial or the Senatorial offices.

He was strategic in his choice of office, he concentrated his efforts in that geographical space known as his constituency, by running for a sit at the Lagos State House of Assembly

Today, he is learning the ropes and climbing the Nigeria political ladder as he ably represents Surulere constituency at the Lagos state House of Assembly where he is touching the lives of Nigerians.

If he so wishes, he is well positioned now to give Abuja politics a trial by running for either the Senate or Federal house of Reps. From that strategic position, he stands a better chance to go the whole nine yards.

Imagine a Senate or house of Reps occupied by the likes of Mr Durotoye, Prof. Pat Utomi, Olisa Agbakoba, Dele Momodu, Chris Okotie, Tunde Bakare, Fola Adeola , Festus Keyamo and other young Nigerians.

Rather, they all want to be President.

Its not too late in the day for Mr Durotoye to reposition himself for maximum political impact.

This applies to all the young aspirants who have never held a public office and wants to become the President overnight.

I do not think it works that way.

Nevertheless, never say never, something drastic might force Nigerians to look in Mr Durotoye's direction, who knows?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by greatnaija01: 9:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
FELA does not know that just like WAKANDA, a good man can not be crowned KING.

He will have to get his hands dirty. hE WILL HAVE TO lie, cheat n do stuff.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by xana101: 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
I don't know who fela is but any body that will remove bubu from aso villa is just fine. Bubu is so clueless of what he want there for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by seyi360(m): 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
Fela should wake up from his dream and embrace realaity. Unless his dream is to know what it feels like to be a Presidential candidate.
Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by doingood: 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
cheesy
Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by EazyMoh(m): 10:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
I couldn't agree more with you OP. S Omoyele of SR shall also consider may be contesting for HOR or Senate. I believe just 3 of his type in the Senate are enough to put those old cargos in discomfort zone.

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by Ohammadike: 10:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
They guy just wants to leach of votes so bubu can be elected

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by Funbabaty: 12:07am On Feb 26, 2018
I abolutely agree with you on this.
Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by abimbolayekeen: 12:53am On Feb 26, 2018
Everything is in God hand , let him try his best , if you're vice president , and God say , you will not be president , nobody will make you to be president .
Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by Konquest: 4:38am On Feb 26, 2018
seyi360:
My advice to Mr Fela Durotoye ;

Sir, you stand a better chance of winning a sit at the Lagos State House of Assembly than getting Nigerians to vote you in as their President.

Considering the fact that there is an unofficial arrangement to let power remain in the north till 2023, after which the South Easterners are hoping to take their turn in Aso Rock.

Chief Gani Fawehinmi, Rev.Chris Okotie, Prof.Pat Utomi and Dele Momodu , these men with a better national appeal than Mr. Durotoye have at one time or the other put their hat in the Presidency ring , but none ever came close to getting 300,000 votes.

Not even Rev.Chris Okotie who ran 3 consecutive times ( 2003,2007 and 2011).

Let me take a detour into the political voyage of another celerity whose political arithmetic yielded results.

Honourable Desmond Olusola [not Olawale] Elliot leveraged on his Nollywood induced fame to ride into Political success.
He didn't bother to waste his time, resources and energy contesting the Presidential, Gubernatorial or the Senatorial offices.

He was strategic in his choice of office, he concentrated his efforts in that geographical space known as his constituency, by running for a sit at the Lagos State House of Assembly

Today, he is learning the ropes and climbing the Nigeria political ladder as he ably represents Surulere constituency at the Lagos state House of Assembly where he is touching the lives of Nigerians.

If he so wishes, he is well positioned now to give Abuja politics a trial by running for either the Senate or Federal house of Reps. From that strategic position, he stands a better chance to go the whole nine yards.

Imagine a Senate or house of Reps occupied by the likes of Mr Durotoye, Prof. Pat Utomi, Olisa Agbakoba, Dele Momodu, Chris Okotie, Tunde Bakare, Fola Adeola , Festus Keyamo and other young Nigerians.

Rather, they all want to be President.

Its not too late in the day for Mr Durotoye to reposition himself for maximum political impact.

This applies to all the young aspirants who have never held a public office and wants to become the President overnight.

I do not think it works that way.

Nevertheless, never say never, something drastic might force Nigerians to look in Mr Durotoye's direction, who knows?
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
His Full Names:
Desmond Olusola Chukwuemeka Elliot.
Desmond Olusola Emeka Elliot.

His Yoruba name is Olusola NOT
Olawale.

Desmond Elliot's father is an indigene
of Olowogbowo area of Lagos Island
while his mother is an indigene of Illah
in Delta North. Illah is in Oshimili North LGA
and has notable people like the iconic
Frank Olize of NTA Newsline, the late
Stephen Keshi, Vincent Maduka who
was the former DG of NTA and has been
married to a South Westerner since the
1960 among others.

I agree with your post on Fela Durotoye
in absolute terms! Fela has charisma
and is well spoken. A fine breed from
growing up within the premises of
the University of Ife and interacting
within a cosmopolitan setting on
national and international scales.

Nice post! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by Ovamboland(m): 8:46am On Feb 26, 2018
The inability of these otherwise brilliant guys to read, understand and engage with the political exigencies and existing system makes the chances of making a difference appear remote. It's like they expect the existing big parties to abandon partisan politics because the youths have organised.

They have no position that resonates with what the people want yet they overestimate their name recognition
Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by saltyatarodo: 9:02am On Feb 26, 2018
The real Fela failed in his presidential bid..
Sir, you won't garner 1% of Buhari's total vote
Re: My Advice To Mr. Fela Durotoye by FarahAideed: 9:05am On Feb 26, 2018
If a dullard like Buhari can contest and win election the Fela Durotoye can to but my only problem with his ambition is that he entering the race is nothing but an advantage to Buhari because a vote for Fela is in reality a vote for Buhari at a time where every vote is critical in getting Buhari out ..

(1) (Reply)

How We Missed The Boat Since 2015, By Dele Momodu / Ekiti Election: “fayose Thinking Like An Armed Robber” Says Oshiomhole / Bayo Adelabu(penkelemess) Paid Courtesy Visit Alafin Of Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.