Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,063 members, 7,899,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 07:41 PM

The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance (21420 Views)

SERIOUS ALERTS: Imminent Rapture Visions And Messages ( JANUARY 2015 Till Date) / A Nairalander's Prophetic Visions/Declarations For 2015 (Buhari and GEJ Warned) / My Trips To Heaven,hades And Under The Ocean,other Visions And Visitations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2010
As usual, an exceptionally brilliant composition.

Mad_Max:

Your belief system teaches automatic earthly rebirths. I sort of took it as a given that it's what you must subscribe to. We meant different things by reincarnation. I knew what you meant. I was clarifying what I meant. There is discussion. There is no intent to convert or convince. It would be lovely to look through the evidence for automatic earthly rebirths though. 

What I said I was keeping an open mind on as a view out there was non-linear rebirth, not the earthly rebirth commonly held to be true in Eastern and African thoughts. I see I should have made sentence 3 sentence 2 in that paragraph so it’s clear what I meant. I don’t have a personal experience of reincarnation, tellurian or interstellar. As someone who is not basking in spiritual experiences and is not wired to read a book and start by accepting its contents with the absolute certainty of the true believer, I feel my way through and discard or accept or defer judgement based on certain factors, none of which would be because a “belief system” teaches it.

You have made an impressive case for this other view of reincarnation up there. It is really good you have taken time to explain this perspective as reincarnation remains a subject of keen interest for me. I don’t think it’s a perfect theory, but it’s certainly worth a serious consideration. I believe the Storm book and some others have some perspectives on this and hope to get them soon.

I should observe, however, that I do not see why continuous earthly rebirth would be superfluous. And whether it is retrogressive or not would depend on what is absolutely true with respect to the original intention, that is, whether we are MEANT to be reborn here or not. Even then, it would  still be possible that the entire human race has retrogressed for eons and need to keep repeating the class for now. The superfluity argument would be valid if the vast majority of human beings come here, live a good life that improves humanity and the environment and then die satisfied, with only a minority falling short and requiring rebirth or a session with the drill sergeant of hell or both. While there are relatively few very wicked people around, we find relatively few very good people, as well. Using the school analogy, I doubt anyone scores A around here. Most people score E & F. A few score D and those who score C or B come around once in a while. Humanity has made steady progress on earth. One million years ago we were living in caves with hardly any civilized rules of engagement. Today we have realised the need to come together and give up some of our individual rights to form a society to make laws to guide us. Five thousand years ago they were carrying out human sacrifices in Scandinavia. Today that is barbaric. I would SPECULATE that continuous rebirth is what has improved us. Each time we come we do better than the past, hence the noticeable improvement with TIME. If the earth were a class, say primary three, we would have a fixed stage of development – at least, mentally and spiritually, even if not socio-environmentally. After all I did LCM in primary three quite long ago. That is what they still do there now. Just my observations on the non-necessity argument for this other view of reincarnation. It could be well be true.

If I recall things correctly, I have come across versions of “non-linear reincarnation” talking about dying and reincarnating back in time, say, 1st century BC, or further, say, 40th century AD. To state my views on time travel, I deem them improbable, but I could be wrong, of course, as I believe I must be on many things. In the movie, The Odyssey, the goddess Athena told the wanderer that time did not exist in the spiritual realm. But when Odysseus returned to his world everything had moved on. He may spend 10 years in that dimension, thinking he had only spent days. That would be because he brings telluric thought forms to bear on a different dimension. Time, AS WE KNOW IT, may not exist in the spiritual. But I suspect that here, in this dimension, situations, places, people and events are fixed in time. Immutably. Even if the super-light locomotion researchers get their way I think they would only be repeating the Odysseus experience, not actually manipulating time.

Nevertheless, I do find discussions about time travel interesting and am glad you brought it up. I find the Cassiopaeans really fascinating. They say there is no time at all, that now is the past and the future. That is, it is all happening at the same time! I know we can't fully comprehend it while here, but when you say "eternity is the complete ABSENCE of time," is this similar to what you have in mind? Now if time travel or non-linear time rebirth is a possibility, this is the only explanation that comes close to rationality for me when I think about it. But, then, I can probably think of a thousand reasons to dismiss the Cassiopaean idea.

On hell, while hellfire makes no sense to me, I do not dismiss the possibility of a form of punishment for the wicked after death. Just about every belief system teaches punishment for evil and I believe it is more than likely.

Just as Kaballah is from Judaism, and hence “an eye for an eye” is woven into it, Yoga is from Hindu philosophy and Hinduism has its dark side. I personally find strong reservations about certain things and you highlight a very important matter. The differences-among-peoples thing you mentioned is something enshrined in scripture. Hindus see the world through a prizm of differences and classifications, all caste in granite. If you are born into Hinduism or get involved with any of its philosophies, you get used to it and take it either way: accept because that is what was revealed and is written in the scriptures or sense a most ungodly transmission and reject and ignore it in your doings. The authors of most of the Hindu texts obviously did not transcend this very human view of things. Ramacharaka obviously did, but not, it appears, entirely. But the level to which he transcended it was extremely rare for an Indian born into Hinduism in his day. I have also come across this very idea outside Hinduism, though.

In terms of spiritual worth, I think the principles of Yoga are a mother lode of pure gold to he who can. That is why I find limbs 1 and 2 of Yoga philosophy most important and limbs 3 and 4 equally relevant. These universal principles for life contained in limbs 1 and 2 are hinged on love and godlikeness. 5-8 are stuff you should do in order to commune with God. I think for that sort of thing to be worthwhile you have to share the beliefs being taught in the philosophy and when that happens you might just reach God of a truth, with God of the truth possibly being still far away. These things turn in my head sometimes, even though I know they are not what really matters. Bertrand Russell remains one of my most admired men of all time, even though he believed in nothing. The Lord help us to remember to do that which matters most. He can take care of the rest. He will take care of the rest.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
obi1o1:

Nairaland   nawa.I was just thinking the Grail message adherents were piecing everything together(wanted to get there book),now Mad Max has spin everything Inside out & Upside down.I really appreciate how everybody has elaborated on this topic,you all made my day splendid.Everything is so complicated,still everybody bring plausible explanations(esp Mad Max).Now i know we will never know until we leave this earth,so am sticking to my bible.[/b]All the miracles,blessings & personal relationship with Christ is enough.[b]Just wanted to know more but i guess nobody knows,& i ain't failing or repeating no class either. smiley
LOL.
I feel you, brother. I really do. I don't hold the view for one moment that being "open minded" and questioning like some of us is necessarily superior to "just believing", just so long as the believer retains some common sense so as to guide against the wolves. There are many believers who are able to do this. As for Mad Max, she is highly gifted and vastly read, so you will always learn something from reading her whether you share her views or not.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by nuclearboy(m): 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Mad_Max:

Actually, not "every single time". More like "significant" times.

You didn't answer me - where does your information come from?
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Nuc: I'm not going into it, sweetie.  

@MyJoe

I don't get personal religious beliefs from books. ALL religious books are written by people and lack of proof. They not only expect you to just take their words for it, the authors insert themselves in it. I liked Storm's book and came across one or two interesting new things in it but it didn't mean I 'accept' them. Being a believer in Christ, I deeply enjoyed the reported conversation. Storm is very, very Christian, very churchy. I liked that he didn't assume Christianity was the automatic religion to get into after the ADE. Still, he takes the Bible as the sacred word of God. Most of the things in the book aren't new.

I don't know much about the Cassiopaeans. Weren't they discredited or something? Involved in a financial scam? A husband and wife team, a woman who claims the ouija board speaks to her, beings from the future?  I distrust people who claim beings are speaking through them, who say they're channeling. I avoid certain occult material. Can you shed more light on the Cassiopaean experiment? Do you think it's genuine? How could you tell? The husband is a theoretical physicist. Do you think that's a factor?

Time is a thread. Space is a thread. We exist in a dimension comprised of a fabric woven with time and space. Time only exists because physical space exists. Time is relative but can be manipulated. While the man in the spacecraft is traveling at the speed of light,time would go on 'normally' here. In his spacecraft time the clock would be counting normally. Nevertheless, because of the speed at which he is traveling,the fabric of time and space is being distorted and when he returns, 250 thousand years would have passed 'normally' here. Ten years would have passed 'normally' in his ship.  The ordinary laws of physics that makes sense in our world break down at the subatomic level. A particle would pass through two points in timeand space, simultaneously. MyJoe, that's impossible. It's like saying you, a single physical unit, exited a building through the front door and the back door, at the exact same time. Within this physical world you have a subatomic world with counterintuitive laws of its own, where strange things are observed, where our everyday human laws break down. Imagine what is going on outside the physical uiverse itself.

The question isn't: can physics enable time travel? The question is: will we be allowed to? Physicists know how time travel can be done. They understand the theories and mechanics involved perfectly. It really is only a matter of time before it's done, if we're allowedl. We live in a 3 dimensional phyical universe. Time is a dimension of sorts, a rule or measure, useful only to calliberate things here. There are other phyiscal universes with more than three dimensions, comprised of things we can't imagine as 3 dimensional creatures. For all we know there may be physical universes with a hundred or a thousand dimensions. And physical creatures perfectly adapted to that universe. But when the spirit departs the physial body, it is no longer bound by the physical laws here. It can hang in the air, soar to the skies, fly across vast distances, walk through walls; nothing here bounds it, because it is not a physical thing. Hard as it is to imagine a place where time isn't a factor, that is eternity, that's the realm of the spirit. There is no time, because time is a 'physical' substance, a measure of the physical universe. There are other things in eternity to which the spirit takes to, being its natural environment, and there are quite possibly, laws there as well. But time as we know it doesn't exist there. It's a realm different from all that we know in our dual nature. This universe is a construct, and time is just an ingredient used in its manufacture.

I love Bertrand Russell as well. No doubt he's discovered the atheists have it wrong by now. But don't imagine God is bound to runs things by what our religions preach. I wouldn't worry about Mr Russell. I really wouldn't.

What are the dark sides of Hinduism? Can you elaborate? I've been glancing through Yoga's philosophies.I acquired three books on the subject.  I think yoga teaches you mastery of your spirit form, and you interact with the world from that vantage point. In times past, that would have been labelled witchcraft grin. Given that it confers an unfair advantage over the rest of us, lol, I'm not sure it still isn't. Afterall, the 'super-consciousness' and awareness of universal harmonics comes from your spirit man consciously directed, taking over the relatively poor reality the brain furnishes the physical being. It's fascinating stuff.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2010
Mad_Max:

I don't get personal religious beliefs from books. ALL religious books are written by people and lack of proof.

Certainly, since books are written by men. We only learn a thing or two or find something new, or presented differently, to chew over.

Discredited is a strong word. The Jadczyk couple and their message have been quite controversial but that hardly cuts any ice with me, since one would expect just that. I mean, just about every religion or movement goes through it at some point. I try to focus on content. And “occult” is a word I often avoid since it is, I think, hard to find its objective meaning nowadays. I do not believe anything they say, to say the least. But I find it interesting literature, especially the bit about time. I was attracted to their work by the talk about that subject. While I find talks about time travel and related stuff fascinating, “dismissive” would be a fairly accurate description of my level of acceptance of them. At least, before now. Nowadays I often sound politically correct in the scientific sense by saying “improbable” rather than “impossible”. I think “we are you in the future”, the basic Cassiopaean idea, is improbable. But it helps explain what I think of time travel, where “time travel” means MyJoe, today, the 6th of October 2010 taking a trip to, say, 2811 AD. If now and 2811 are happening at the same time a trip would be a cinch once I figure out the alchemical formula. But, of course, now and 2811 can’t be happening at the same time!

Mad_Max:

But when the spirit departs the physial body, it is no longer bound by the physical laws here. It can hang in the air, soar to the skies, fly across vast distances, walk through walls; nothing here bounds it, because it is not a physical thing. Hard as it is to imagine a place where time isn't a factor, that is eternity, that's the realm of the spirit. There is no time, because time is a 'physical' substance, a measure of the physical universe. There are other things in eternity to which the spirit takes to, being its natural environment, and there are quite possibly, laws there as well. But time as we know it doesn't exist there. It's a realm different from all that we know in our dual nature. This universe is a construct, and time is just an ingredient used in its manufacture.
Excellent. I was making the same point when I talked earlier about Odysseus and what we will achieve if we travel at light speed and bend time as we know it.

If human beings ever got revelations from God, it appears the messages ALWAYS get contaminated, even poisoned, by human input. The biggest problem with Hinduism is that classification and separateness, obviously introduced by a bunch of priests at their most carnal moments, got accepted because those who instituted them said they came from God. Enter the Untouchables. I noticed that Ramacharaka described the caste system “the curse of India”. To say I was impressed by that coming from an Indian writing around 1900 would be an understatement. Mohandas “Mahatma” Gandhi at about the same time and even long after could not rise above these wretched sentiments he was born with, a matter I have had cause to elaborate on in another thread in this section not too long ago, yet the world worships the sound of his name as though he were some blend of Jesus and Vishnu.

According the Vedic scriptures, when you are born into a caste you remain in it for life. Meanwhile, a member of a higher caste fraternising with you can lose his own caste. A marriage alliance with someone of another race or religion is a no no. In fact, there is some kind of grading here. The worst thing a Hindu can do in the whole world is to marry a Muslim. Next to that is to marry a black man. Then a white man. The only good marriage is with a fellow Hindu. I believe you are aware that you don’t convert to Hinduism.

I was shocked, though, when I read another supposedly more modern religion endorsing the caste system and the idea of racial superiority. I don’t want to go into that since it will offend some people in a particularly bad way and I am still enquiring to get the whole picture.

Note that Hindus see this as respect for pluralism and multiple paths. I think that is a nice way of putting things since Hinduism takes “pluralism” to absurd heights.

There are other things, but fortunately many of them have been reformed or are being reformed. An example is the old practice which forbade a widow to remarry. That is saying nothing about suti, also now almost extinct. Note, though, that many of the unsavoury practices you will find in Hinduism are regional.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2010
nuclearboy:

You didn't answer me - where does your information come from?
Have you considered that she is some holy prophetess disguising here?  grin
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by DeepSight(m): 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2010
MyJoe:

Excellent. I was making the same point when I talked earlier about Odysseus and what we will achieve if we travel at light speed and bend time as we know it.

Do you really think time can be bent?
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
When I say that, I am talking purely in terms of perceptions.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by DeepSight(m): 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2010
MyJoe:

Mohandas “Mahatma” Gandhi at about the same time and even long after could not rise above these wretched sentiments he was born with, a matter I have had cause to elaborate on in another thread in this section not too long ago, yet the world worships the sound of his name as though he were some blend of Jesus and Vishnu.

Although you have already in the past extensively discussed Ghandi's failings in this regard, let us also note that the man did do quite some good work with regard to addressing some of the ills related to untouchability -

In September 1932, while in jail, Gandhi undertook a "fast unto death" to improve the status of the Hindu Untouchables. The British, by permitting the Untouchables to be considered as a separate part of the Indian electorate, were, according to Gandhi, countenancing an injustice. Although he was himself a member of an upper caste, Gandhi was the great leader of the movement in India dedicated to eradicating the unjust social and economic aspects of the caste system.
http://www.kamat.com/mmgandhi/gandhi.htm

The advancement of equality in the caste system is largely due to Gandhi. Gandhi was a member of the merchant caste. He was later called Mahatma, meaning "great soul". He went beyond the divisions of castes and took an untouchable child into his own home, breaking all requirements of tradition. The child was called the untouchables harijan (children of God). Gandhi persuaded the Indian National Congress to adopt a resolution in support of harijan uplift (Lamb 145), and published a magazine called Harijan, which was devoted to the welfare of the untouchables.
http://home.snu.edu/~dwilliam/s97/india/gandhi.htm

His requirement on his farms in South Africa that everyone share in such tasks comes up in an early scene in the movie Gandhi. Since Gandhi equated suffering with holiness, he saw the Untouchables as hallowed by their miserable treatment and so called them "Harijans" (Hari=Vis.n.u). Later Gandhi went on fasts in the hope of improving the condition of the Untouchables, or at least to avoid their being politically classified as non-Hindus.
http://www.friesian.com/caste.htm

Now, I do not propose to argue that which you have already conclusively shown in an earlier thread - namely that the man indeed had his failings in this regard especially in his youth in South Africa - but I think it is unfair to state that he "could not rise above these wretched sentiments," in light of the foregoing. I think he did some work to improve the system.

You needn't refer me to all that you already did refer me to in the earlier thread. I have taken note of all that and I quite agree he seemed rather bigoted especially in the earlier years. I only ask you to also take a balanced view by acknowledging the positive work that he did do in his later life which helped to create greater unity.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2010
The basic argument you make above is not in doubt. Mohandas Gandhi did campaign PUBLICLY against the caste system. There is no question about that. Of course, there were fasts unto death at a time he had perfected fasting into an art. But some of his statements and body language do not convince me that he rose above base sentiments, either in the matter or caste or race, especially the latter. I, too, don’t want to go into all that right now, having addressed the matter fairly exhaustively. And, of course, like I did say, I understand these things are ingrained and extremely difficult, impossible for most, to get complete rid of. We had a client, a Nigerian CEO of an oil servicing company, who I noticed treated his European staff better than the Indians and the Africans. Pay scale was the same but you could sense certain courtesies extended to the Caucasians. These things are too deeply rooted in us and I suspect God will justify anyone who makes a GENUINE EFFORT to conquer them. My argument in the case of Gandhi is that he was just like the rest of us in this matter. His views were similar to those held by the majority in his time. That does not make him a monster anymore than an Average Joe of his time. It just means that the commonly held hallowed view of him is almost entirely misguided.

The second quote you provided above was written by a Gandhi fan. It was a bit overdone. You see, they just love to hype Gandhi. “The advancement of equality in the caste system is largely due to Gandhi.” Nope. Go study the pioneering works of Sri Narayana Guru and the others and start giving credit where it is due.

Oh, Gandhi did do some positive work which helped to create unity. My objections are against the workshopped idea of Gandhi. That is what I wrote up there.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by DeepSight(m): 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2010
Accepted. But such extreme self denial (of the nature of the fasting he undertook) for the causes he was advocating is not something I would imagine can be superficially done. It requires belief. Conviction even, I would say. But I do understand that which you have said.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by nuclearboy(m): 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
MyJoe:

Have you considered that she is some holy prophetess disguising here? grin

Why did your "holy" read like "irreverent" to me? Are you using invisible keypad characters?

My answer - almost every minute, most every time, almost every post
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2010
'Prophetess'. lwkmd. You guys are a hoot.

Now and 2081 wouldn't be happening at the same time, I don't think. MyJoe would be gone from 2010, and inhabiting time elsewhere.You won't be in both places simultaneously.You can't. Time travel is a solid possibility. I first came across the advances in it in a book by Stephen Hawking.It may sound fantastic now, but just imagine describing current advances in science and technology to people who lived a mere 200 years ago. You could tell them about the internet, that instead of months at sea,you can get anywhere in the world by air in hours. You tell them they can fly.Tell them we travel out of the planet now,and have visited the moon and taken photos of Neptune and Pluto. See how possible they think all that is. We take it for granted because it's our reality. Future generations will have a different technological reality than us, one that would amaze us too if we knew. Time travel isn't something I'm suggesting. It's what physicists say is solidly possible, and based on the evidence, I agree. It's just a matter of time.

You're absolutely right about us poisoning whatever is divinely revealed. It's processed through a complex maze of conscious and unconscious desires and motivations, and what emerges after that processing is a mess. If there's one thing we human beings are gifted in above all else, it's unlimited self-deception.There's another very dangerous thing we do as well. Say a man gets a glimpse of the divine once. Do you know that he then begins to believe everything that issues from him afterwards is also from God,also 'divine'? If he gets a thought, he'll think it's divine.His opinions are divine. It's God 'using' him to speak. It's horribly common in pentecostal churches. The pastor is the one talking and thinking and issuing his personal opinions,but he'll have you believe it's God using him as a 'vessel' to 'speak'. That's why they go by silly monikers like Man of God,and why they're worshipped.

That trait seems to cut across all cultures, because we're still following the 'divine' thoughts and opinions of men just
like them,expressed thousands of years ago and preserved. I know a bit about the Hindu caste system, but you've clarified it even more. I think it was the Brahmins who instituted the system,placing themselves at the apex. Something about right speech, right thinking, right conduct and all the rest. But it was so long ago. The caste system is a curse but maybe there's an even greater curse: accepting what a bunch of people say is from God,with no proof whatsoever. Those people have been dead for centuries and yet they continue to run the world from the grave. Look how Islam tries to fit the present to the past, to subject people to a long gone time as encapsulated in the koran. A religion subjecting people to the barbarism of antiquity because the koran is 'the word of God'. Same with every old religion. Christianity subjects women to mental abuse because of the opinions of bible writers thousands of years ago, things written for and meant for those who lived in the times they were written in. Same illness afflicts the Hindus. There doesn't seem to be any cure except time.

I had no idea Ghandi didn't rise above the limitations of the Hindu caste system. I thought the reverse was the case and he championed the Untouchables. Isn't he deserving of the world's high regard? It would be interesting to know more.

Which modern religion endorses the caste system and racial superiority? We're having a discussion here, you and I. There are no 'people' to offend. If you don't say a thing, you'd still think it. There really isn't a difference. Please say your mind freely.Your thread is a haven of free speech; it's why I prefer it.

I am reading There is a River by Thomas Sugrue.It's the autobiography of Edgar Cayce. I like him but I don't know what to make of him and his gift. He was born in the late 1800s. He was a devout Christian, and wasn't much educated. Thus far in the book he questions his gift and worries about its source; is it God or the devil. He helped thousands and never took money, which is why I like him. I can't dislike him just because I don't share many of his beliefs. I don't think he's a fake, and yet his sources are not infallible. It's possible many of his views aren't his, since he himself is unconscious while doing a 'reading'. There's a part in the book when he does a reading for a few men and when he woke up and asked them what he had said, they started issuing elaborate religious ideas. Cayce says, "I couldn't have said all that in just one reading." It's hard to tell what he said from what other people wished he'd said. The two is mixed up. I don't know what to make of him. I took a look at a weblink on him while typing this. I'm posting it here. It's how he thinks we arrived on this planet, and where he thinks we were coming from.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce03.html

It is NOT an endorsement and I don't accept it in any shape or form. It's the first time I've come across a religious theory on the process of humanity's physical arrival on the planet; I thought you might find it interesting.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
According to Cayce, “an eye for an eye” is in operation. It is not the law of God or of humanity, but simply the Earth’s natural law! Therefore, whatever you do there is recompense either in this life or in your next incarnation. Interesting!

I slowed down and read thoroughly where he takes on reincarnation, karma, predestination and freewill. How are these related? Do we freely choose the conditions we are born into or are these imposed? Are people born with missions? He tackles these head-on. I bet you paid particular attention to that last phrase, “the hierarchy of consciousness.” I did. Cayce makes a very interesting read. I intend to read the book once I can find the time. I am a schoolboy once again.

The problem with acceptance in these matters is that once you say it is from God no further questions are asked. Otherwise anyone should have seen through the deceit of the “Aryan” priests who called themselves Brahmins and placed themselves at the top of a pyramid they created, while robbing the Dravidians, the indigenous people of the “land”, of their humanity by labeling then Untouchables. I am almost certain those priests reincarnated as “Untouchables”!

Mad_Max:
Which modern religion endorses the caste system and racial superiority? We're having a discussion here, you and I. There are no 'people' to offend. If you don't say a thing, you'd still think it. There really isn't a difference. Please say your mind freely.Your thread is a haven of free speech; it's why I prefer it.
You are right. But like I did say, this is something I came across. I am still researching into what the actual tenets are to find a link, if any, between what is written and what faithfuls say. Then I will be in a better position to be more fluent.

I don’t believe Gandhi rose above such inclinations. Here is a link to something I said on that matter: Inesqor On The Salvation Of The Non-christian.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 9:07pm On Oct 20, 2010
I didn't read the Cayce online article well. Just skimmed the beginning and thought you'd find it interesting. I haven't finished the book. When you said the Yogi author called the caste system the curse of India, I wondered where he made the statement. Mystic Christianity? I skimmed that too. I really should read these things more throughly. I don't think the Yogi is Indian though.

Oh. A thing about the time travel thingie: if you go forward in time you can never return. You will have to live out your natural life wherever you jump to. Travelling back in time is impossible in physics, perhaps because it's already happened and is a fixed absolute. Once you speed-of-light to the future, there is no coming back.

I came across a book that astonished me today. The thing about being here to learn, going from place to place towards God? I found that it is already known and read about it today as described by a Chineseman 600 years before Christ! He described it succintly. Truly, there is nothing new in religion. He was describing Christ and God, and Christ hadn't even been born here at the time! I was amazed., and I am rarely amazed I'll post a quote from it, if you wish.

I've been seriously busy and haven't been in here since that last post. This is just a quick Hola. I'll take a look at the link to your views on Ghandi. What does Yoga teach about God, I wonder? I haven't finished Ramacharaka's book and thus far, it is all about the spiritual development of the pupil. Nothing about God yet.

Hope your learning is going well. I trust it is.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2010
^^^ Just seen your post. Seems I saw little beside Pastor AIO’s thread on intelligence when I looked in last week. Ramacharaka made the statement in that same book. It’s from the part I found most fascinating in the book - the period of Jesus’ youth, that is, the years missing from the Bible accounts of his life. The matter is also extensively treated in “The Life of Saint Isa, Best of the Sons of Men.” Try running a search on the Mystic Christianity book for the curse of India phrase. So the Yogi wasn’t India? I kind of took it for granted he was. Now I understand.

There is no serious exposition on God in Yoga that I have come across. Yoga simply and generally works with the Hindu understanding of God, which is largely pantheistic/panentheistic. Patanjali and the other ancient masters did not deviate from Hindu writs in any matter.

I didn't finish the Cayce article, too, but I read much of it. Sure I will like the quote from the Chinese book you mentioned. Will read it when next I log in here. I believe studies will go well. Just starting out.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 9:32am On Oct 30, 2010
Actually, I found out later he took it from the I Ching, the Chinese teachings thousands of years older than the birth of Christ . This is a paraphrase summarising its metaphysics:

The metaphysical speculation of the I Ching appears to have been primarily concerned with the question: How can the Absolute, being wholly self-sufficient, act and manifest itself? The I Ching distinguishes in the supreme and sole First Principle or Perfection two different aspects;
Chien- the unmoving and unknowable Source of all activity, and
Chuen-knowable Activity, which eternally manifests perfection in a process of spiral evolution and an endless flux of forms.

But these two aspects merge in one single and self-identical Being, and all things, after passing through all the forms of evolution, of which the human cycle is but one curve, must return to Chien.

Chien is God, Chuen is Christ. ('Jesus' is just one of an infinite number of things that He/ She/It is and was. Christ has no gender, actually) Since this is ancient Chinese thought, predating the birth of Christ by thousands of years and still extant, naturally one can't expect to see the words 'Jesus' or 'Christ' in it. But you do see what I mean. All religions truly are saying the same things. I must read this I Ching.

You know of the American scholar who was converted to the Osun religion and became an Osun priestess? She learned Yoruba and was able to access the material, and it spoke to her spiritually. She left everything behind in America and came to Nigeria and became an Osun priestess for the rest of her life. Now that's devotion. I'm a Christian. You're a Yogi. Aren't we, all three, far from home? Look how we found what spoke most deeply to our spirits flung far away from what's merely nearest. If that woman hadn't learned Yoruba the Osun religion would have been closed to her and her life would have taken a different turn. Why do you think African religions make no effort to export itself, so it can speak to others wrldwide like that woman? I've come across books on African religions written in English by, maddeningly, Europeans. First, these Europeans tell us our history, now they tell us what our religions are? It's why I envy the Jews the Old Testament. I can't claim it because it's a Jewish heritage and I'm not a Jew. It has nothing to do with Christianity. Even if the Jews killed in it, which is always a bad thing, it doesn't subract from the fact that it is a priceless heritage, beautiful and ancient and all theirs, and we Africans have nothing similar. Yes, they killed in it. They went to war in it. But that was thousands of years ago. In the century we were born in, there were two world wars and countless tribes warring on another, including the Hutus killing a million Tutsis in Rwanda in the 1990s, in just three months. Nigerians burn people to death if they hear 'thief'. Ife and Modakeke went to war. There's no tribe or people wihtout a bloody history. The Jews merely wrote theirs down. The OT is a truly beautiful thing, utterly priceless. If it were my heritage I'd balloon with pride. I certainly wouldn't apologise for it. I've never heard of a single Jew doing so. He or she would have to be mad. Can Eurpeans tell the Jews what their history is? Do they dare tell the Jews what their religion is? No. Priceless, priceless Jewish heritage, the Old Testament.

Still, we make no effort to export our religions. I wonder how many people from how many corners of the world would be practicing African religions now, if we had bothered to put it in an accessible medium. We don't do enough. My biological son is half-European, still very little, just beginning to talk, and I scream blue murder if I hear only English from his mouth. I don't talk to him in English. What for? Took a while to forgive my husband for being European sef. You were going to spend your life with an African and you couldn't take the trouble to be born African, abi? Though peple who think all Africans must practice African religions are silly and irritate me no end, we don't export our religion. I keep wondering why that is.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by PastorAIO: 10:58am On Oct 30, 2010
Interesting post above. I love it.

However, a couple of things. Your quotation (paraphrased) cannot be from the I Ching itself but most likely from a commentary on the I ching. There are very many commentaries on the I Ching. The I Ching itself is just a book of diagrams. Commentaries were written to help people better understand it. People like the Duke of Chou wrote the most common commentaries.

The Duke of Zhou (Chinese: 周公旦; pinyin: Zhōu Gōngdàn; Wade-Giles: Chou Kungdan) played a major role in consolidating the newly-founded Zhou Dynasty. He was the brother of King Wu of Zhou, the first king of the ancient Chinese Zhou Dynasty. Because his fiefdom was based around the Zhou capital of Chengzhou (later Luoyang), the Duke of Zhou was also known as Zhou Gong (周公), Zhou Gong Dan (周公旦), Shu Dan (叔旦) or Zhou Dan (周旦).

The Duke of Zhou is also credited with writing many of the poems collected in the Shi Jing, or Book of Songs, the earliest surviving collection of Chinese poems. These poems were collected by Confucius, whose thought was influenced by the Duke of Zhou's conception of the ideal ruler.[4]
According to Chinese legend, he annotated the 64 hexagrams and completed the classic of I Ching, established the Rites of Zhou, and created the Yayue of Chinese classical music.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_Zhou

Not only is the question: How can the Absolute, being wholly self-sufficient, act and manifest itself?
at the heart of the I Ching, it is this very same question that is at the heart of Philosophy and subsequently at the heart of Alchemy.

The father of Philosophy Heraclitus is reported to have said, whether rightly or wrongly, that Ta Panta Rhei which means that everything flows. The question now is if something is here today and gone tomorrow then how can we say that it really exists. It is just an effect of something that exists but it cannot in itself be said to exist. In other words a distinction must be drawn between Being, and a mere State of Being.
A man that is angry today and laughing tomorrow cannot be said to be an angry man, but rather a man that can become angry. So it is a distinction between Being and Becoming.

Well, what is the relationship between that which is (being) and that which merely becomes and is constantly becoming throughout the course of time? The world we witness through our senses is a world of Becoming. We are aware only of Processes, not of Pure existence. It is that bid to understand Process/Becoming that is at the core of philosophy/Iching/Alchemy etc. Once we can understand Process (in the most abstract sense) then that understanding can be applied to anything in the world of Becoming whether it is Chemical processes in a lab, whether it is political processes in the ebb and flow of political power, or whether it is the process of falling in and out of love, or the process of our careers, or the process of spiritual evolution.

The fundamental thing is to understand process itself. There has been much argument over whether Alchemy refers to the transmutation of base metals into Gold or whether there is another meaning that is more spiritual. The answer to that question is that it refers to all transmutations whether or physical or chemical material or of human psychology. It is simply a study of Process expressed in symbolic terms.

Τα Πάντα ῥεῖ (ta panta rhei) "everything flows" either was not spoken by Heraclitus or did not survive as a quotation of his. This famous aphorism used to characterize Heraclitus' thought comes from Simplicius.[29] The word rhei, adopted by rhe-o-logy, is simply the Greek word for "to stream."[30]

The philosophy of Heraclitus is summed up in his cryptic utterance:[31]
ποταμοῖσι τοῖσιν αὐτοῖσιν ἐμϐαίνουσιν, ἕτερα καὶ ἕτερα ὕδατα ἐπιρρεῖ.
Potamoisi toisin autoisin embainousin, hetera kai hetera hudata epirrei
"Ever-newer waters flow on those who step into the same rivers ."
The quote from Heraclitus is interpreted by Plato as:[32]
πάντα χωρεῖ καὶ οὐδὲν μένει
Panta chōrei kai ouden menei
"Everything changes and nothing remains still"
Instead of "flow" Plato uses chōrei, to change chōros.
The assertions of flow are coupled in many fragments with the enigmatic river File:[33]
"Ποταμοῖς τοῖς αὐτοῖς ἐμβαίνομέν τε καὶ οὐκ ἐμβαίνομεν, εἶμέν τε καὶ οὐκ εἶμεν."
"We both step and do not step in the same rivers. We are and are not."

In Heraclitus a perceived object is a harmony between two fundamental units of change, a waxing and a waning. He typically uses the ordinary word "to become" (gignesthai or ginesthai, root sense of being born), which led to his being characterized as the philosopher of becoming rather than of being. He recognizes the changing of objects with the flow of time.
Plato argues against Heraclitus as follows:[54]
How can that be a real thing which is never in the same state? , for at the moment that the observer approaches, then they become other , so that you cannot get any further in knowing their nature or state , but if that which knows and that which is known exist ever , then I do not think they can resemble a process or flux ,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraclitus

But the whole shebang is very neatly summed up in a text called the Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus which is the corner stone text for Alchemy.

True, without error, certain and most true; that which is above is as that which is
below, and that which is below is as that which is above, for performing the
miracle of the One Thing; and as all things were from ONE, by the meditation of
ONE, so all things arose from this ONE thing by adoption; the father of it is the
sun, the mother of it is the moon; the wind carries it in its belly; the nurse thereof
is the earth. This is the father of all perfection, or the consummation of the whole
world. The power of it is integral if it be turned into earth. Thou shalt separate the
earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross, gently with much sagacity; it
ascends from earth to heaven, and again descends to earth: and receives the
strength of the superiors and of the inferiors - so Thou hast the glory of the
whole world; therefore let all obscurity flee before thee. This is the strongest
fortitude of all fortitudes, overcoming every subtle and penetrating every solid
thing. So the world was created. Hence were all wonderful adaptions of which
this is the manner. Therefore am I called Thrice Greatest Hermes, having the
three parts of the philosophy of the whole world. That which I have written is
consummated concerning the operation of the sun.

[b]1) True, without falsehood, certain, most certain.
2) What is above is like what is below, and what is below is like that which is above. To make the miracle of the one thing.
3) And as all things were made from contemplation of one, so all things were born from one adaptation.
4) Its father is the Sun, its mother is the Moon.
5) The wind carried it in its womb, the earth breast fed it.
6) It is the father of all ‘works of wonder' (Telesmi) in the world.
6a) Its power is complete (integra).
7) If cast to (turned towards- versa fuerit) earth,
7a) it will separate earth from fire, the subtile from the gross.
cool With great capacity it ascends from earth to heaven. Again it descends to earth, and takes back the power of the above and the below.
9) Thus you will receive the glory of the distinctiveness of the world. All obscurity will flee from you.
10) This is the whole most strong strength of all strength, for it overcomes all subtle things, and penetrates all solid things.
11a) Thus was the world created.
12) From this comes marvelous adaptions of which this is the proceedure.
13) Therefore I am called Hermes, because I have three parts of the wisdom of the whole world.
14) And complete is what I had to say about the work of the Sun[/b]
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2010
Mad_Max:

Still, we make no effort to export our religions. I wonder how many people from how many corners of the world would be practicing African religions now, if we had bothered to put it in an accessible medium. We don't do enough. My biological son is half-European, still very little, just beginning to talk, and I scream blue murder if I hear only English from his mouth. I don't talk to him in English. What for? Took a while to forgive my husband for being European sef. You were going to spend your life with an African and you couldn't take the trouble to be born African, abi? Though peple who think all Africans must practice African religions are silly and irritate me no end, we don't export our religion. I keep wondering why that is.

Lol.

I recall Susan Wenger, the late Austrian lady who was called Iya Adunni Osun or something. I don’t seem to recall this American scholar you speak of. Someone said a scribal culture is superior to an oral one. To many purposes, I believe it is. I guess that’s why things have turned out this way. I once read an article where Professor Onwu of UNN’s Religious Studies department proffered some more reasons – something about the early beneficiaries of literacy being people who were not particularly proud of their backgrounds. I will find the article and paste it.

You see, when the Europeans came and told us our gods were worthless we said, no, it’s yours that is worthless. To “prove” they were right they went into the shrines and made jest of the sacred stuff there. When nothing happened to them we said yeeeee, they are right! That was it. Everything else they said found a place in our minds.

While our myths as not as elaborate as those of the Jews and some other ancient peoples, they do exist. I believe you are familiar with the Yoruba one about Oduduwa descending from heaven at Ile-Ife with eighty servant-spirits in tow and founding the world from there. The Igbo say Chukwu sent Eri and his wife Nnamaku down to the earth. They found the earth so watery and had to perch on an anthill. This prompted Chukwu to send a blacksmith with fire to dry up some earth after which Eri and wife then settled at Aguleri in Anambra whence humanity originated. Somewhere in the story Nri sacrifices his first son - and first daughter, if I recall things correctly.

The Fulanis, too, have an elaborate creation story that is told in poetic form. It must be over twenty years since I read it but I recall evolution is thoroughly woven into it.

But I agree with you the Jewish tradition is quite unrivalled by any in depth. People have been talking about some others, such as the Gilgamesh Epic for a long time, yet they don’t come close to what you have in the Bible. The enduring legacy of the Hebrew Bible was sealed when Jesus and his apostles quoted from it. That, plus the fact it dovetails into the Gospels, brought it into Christianity.

This I-ching stuff sounds interesting. What with Pastor_AIO’s elaboration on it above. Two beings, one unknowable the other a more knowable manifestation. The two merge into one at a certain level and all that exist must return to It. Being and Becoming! I intend to look at it sometime.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2010
Here’s a portion of the article. There are aspects of it where the professor doesn’t even begin to make sense, but you’ll find it interesting all the same.

He's Rev. Professor Emmanuel Nlenanya Onwu

5.         IGBO TRADITIONAL RELIGION AND CHRISTIANITY

Chinua Achebe (1958:123-125) gave us the first Igbo description of the impact of that encounter between Igbo traditional religion and christianity when Obierika said:

H[i]ow do you think we can fight when our own brothers have turned against us. White man is very clever. He came quietly and peacefully with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won our brothers and our clan can no longer act like one. He has put a knife on the things that held us together and we have fallen apart.[/i]

The above words articulate the sentiments expressed by an Igbo elder after realizing how the new religion (Christianity) had gone in terms of winning converts and dividing the members of the clan. And it is true that henceforth things were never the same for the Igbo.

The question that comes to mind is whether the Igbo did misunderstand him? If the missionary had not posed as quiet and peaceable, could the Igbo have been less tolerant with him? How exactly did the missionary manage to win some Igbo over into christianity? In Achebe's Things Fall Apart, Nneka wasted no time in joining the Christian when she became pregnant because she has been losing her children through ogbanje. The outcasts in Mbanta flocked the church. Christianity offered freedom from evil spirits and oppression. There was the case of Nwoye who was shocked because twins were thrown away into the forest to die and about Ikemefuna who was killed for sacrifice by his father Okonkwo. We remember how Ndi Igbo gave out the shrines of their various gods to Christian missionaries who cleared those sites, erected churches and nothing happened to them contrary to the expectations from the people, their gods and shrines. The Igbo are not sufficiently silly to hang on to those failed shrines and gods, even if they had not completely imbibed christianity. The gods were dead and the people became convinced that the white man's God was very powerful. There were those who failed at this time to become part of this dynamic process and they lost out. The priestess of Agbala in Umuofia spitefully called the christians the excrement of the clan and the 'new faith' was a mad dog that had come eat it up (Achebe, 1958:101). Thus when the colonials and missionaries wanted the chiefs and the chief priests to surrender their children for education, these principal Igbo chiefs who were custodians of true Igbo history refused for fear of being treacherously enslaved. Rather less privileged people like the 'osu' caste, outcasts and personal servants regarded as 'worthless and empty' men as described by Achebe were given to the Europeans for education. When this class of people became educated they had no enthusiasm to engage in the collation and preservation of Igbo history in view of their past shameful family background. This negative motivation or social resentment even led many of these educated elites to join in the colonialist propaganda that the Igbo had no common history (Nwosu; 1983:6). Thus christianity and Igbo are weighted for what they are worth and a choice is made accordingly.

Therefore the advent of christianity in Igbo land had meant the introduction of a christian world view. Admittedly, christianity made tremendous achievements. They abolished slave trade and slavery, human sacrifices and twin killing, introduced education, built hospitals and charity homes. They destroyed some level of superstition, increased human knowledge that brought about improved human welfare. Igbo traditional religion was incapable of achieving this because it was static as well as looking downwards. Through education and christian religion it was possible for the Igbo to re-shape their faith and world view. Nevertheless syncretistic practices among many Igbo christian show that Igbo traditional religion is still alive. But this encounter with christianity means it will ever be the same again.

The early missionaries saw themselves as social and religious reformers. However, while they tried in their own way to achieve their mission goal, which was the conversion of Africans into christianity, their approach and attitude did not produce a wholesome result. They thought by condemning African religious beliefs and practices, social and political means of control. That they would produce 'a new man' born in a new faith; but this 'newman' produced became a split personality - who could neither totally return to the old nor firmly be rooted in the new. This was made worse by the fact that most of the missionaries were not only ignorant of the Igbo people but also lacked adequate knowledge of the content of the christian message. For instance, one of the listeners in Achebe's This Fall Apart asked the missionary thus:

If we leave our gods and follow your god, who will protect us from the anger of our neglected gods and ancestors? In response, the missionary nastily said angrily: Your gods are not alive and cannot do you any harm. They are pieces of wood and stone.

The impatience and unwillingness of the white missionary to educate the traditional Igbo on WHO JESUS IS and WHAT HE CAN DO for them in relation to their gods marked the beginning of a false start in communicating the christian message to the Igbo. It was a brand of christianity, which did not affect all facets of Igbo life. It was that failure which gave rise to ambivalent christianity in Igboland whereby most Igbo christians resort to their local deities, ancestors, medicine men, divination, sacrifices and use of charms or amulets to seek for solution and protection in their crises moments. Nevertheless the Christian message has continued to challenge Igbo man and his environment.

It is important that we be reminded that the various ethnic groups in the world have their traditional religions as an answer to the reality of their existence. The Philistines, the Babylonians, the Greeks and the Romans, all indulged in idolatrous worship. The Arabs used to worship many spirits (Jinns). Stonehenge in southern England is a living evidence of Druidism, which was the heathen worship of the early inhabitants of the United Kingdom. Human sacrifice was a part of Druid worship and was only abolished in the Roman period, (Kato, 1985:33).

Whatever rationalization we may try to make, the worship of God in traditional Africa and the primitive nations of the world is idolatrous. Idolatry is worshipping God in pictures, and this was thought to be normal, not sin, since in their view, God is always represented in visual symbols, and so there must always be pictures, idols and statues in their shrines or places of worship. True worship must be spiritual, not material and idolatrous. Pictures designed to encapsulate divinity necessarily diminish God's honour, and transcendence and sovereignty. It is impossible to capture God's power and majesty in a visual image and all attempts to do so deteriorate into magic, superstition and idolatry. Images in worship destroy the human spirits; distort God's spiritual identity and they promote the lie of idolatry. The depravity evident in African traditional religion is evident among all peoples of the earth (Psalm 14:2-3). Traditional Igbo ancestor turned away from 'Chukwu' and set up his gods, with Ala as the arch-divinity. The Igbo myth of origin as shown by Nri myth reveals how Nri sacrificed his first son and first daughter. We don't know why Nri could not be patient to be fed by 'Chukwu' as he fed his father Eri and his people. As with Adam the Igbo man's ancestry to search for answers (about his welfare) away from God broke the link between him and 'Chukwu.'

It is important to observe that while pagan worship was a part of the religion of the peoples of the world, they could still change to other religions of their choice. Most Arabs accepted Islam and became Muslims. The British no longer claimed Druidism as their religion, but Christianity. It was the white missionaries who brought the church to Igbo land. Why should this not be the case in Igbo land?

5.1.      RESTORING THE BROKEN-LINK

The question that is being asked today is that of Igbo traditional religion in relation to Christianity. The question has become more urgent today following the explosion of christianity in Africa where the population is more than 300 million people.

The great Apostle Paul categorically points to the fact that the worship of the pagan gods is a distortion of God's revelation in nature (Rom. 1:18-23). In Acts 17:16-34 he told the people of Athens that the 'Unknown God' they worship is Jesus Christ. In the book of Hebrews 1:1, Paul disclosed that the God who spoke to our forefathers in various ways had now spoken in the last days by his son Jesus Christ. The incarnation has made all people savable.

The Igbo people are1ucky people. Our great grand ancestor 'Eri' in Nri myth knew God - "Chukwu". 'Chukwu' has offered the last and final revelation in Jesus Christ, and he is the only foundation for humanity, there is no other. (1 Corth 3: 11), and every veil which had hitherto covered people is destroyed and taken away by him for us to have freedom (2 Cor3:16-18). We are told in the book of Proverbs 16:25 that:

There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end it leads to death.

In acts 14:8-18 Paul made it clear to the people of Lystra that God had never left himself without a witness and had also in time past let all nations go their own way and then wed them in the words of Samuel the prophet (1 Samuel 12:21) to turn from their useless idols that can do them neither good nor rescue them but to turn to the living God who made heaven, and earth and sea and everything in them. It is Jehovah who alone is both God and Saviour (Isaiah 43:11-13).

The Bible makes it abundantly clear that God himself does not give his glory to another or his praise to idols (Isaiah 42:cool Isaiah 42:17. And whenever people pour libation to other gods, Jehovah's anger is always provoked (Jeremiah7:19-19). Thus in Exodus 20:3-5, God commanded:

You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven, above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them ---

Nri thought he was right in his worship of the Earth goddess and his sacrifices. He saw the created beings as intermediaries. He became a captive of Satan and lost his freedom. In Igbo traditional religion, the concept of Deus Otiosus is explained by appeal to the lesser gods and the ancestors as intermediaries (middlemen). On this the Bible declared in John 14:6: Jesus answered I am the way, the truth and the life.

No one comes to the father except through me.

Similarly in reacting to the great tendency of elaborate sacrifices in Igbo traditional life, Christ offered
himself as sacrifice once for all (Heb. 10:10, 14). Salvation is found only in Jesus (Acts 4:12, John 3:16). Jesus is the only foundation for humanity. The foundation laid by Igbo ancestry in their purest contact with 'Chukwu' has yielded fruit right from the time the first missionary set foot on Igbo soil. Christianity is not a white man's religion. It is the religion of those who have accepted faith in God through Jesus Christ. The Igbo christians have joined the list of noble African church leaders like Origen, Athanacius, Tertullian and Augustine. Recently Reverend Father Tansi is canonized as Saint in the Roman Catholic Church and again Cardinal Arinze is the first black to be elevated to the 4th powerful position in the Roman Catholic hierarchy and by this he can even become a Pope. Great developments can come to Igbo land andNigeria, if we commit ourselves to Jesus Christ as Lord. Jesus Christ alone is the answer to Igbo spiritual and material needs. According to Acts 17:28, we hear:

For in him we live and Move and have our being.

In him alone we find satisfaction and meaning for our life in this world and hereafter. This kind of choice, faith commitment has tremendous developmental implication for us as a people and as a nation. No one can deny that looking upwards to Chukwu has been more beneficial than looking downwards to our ancestors. They were men who lived and died in their time. Where we are today has been the fruit of Christianity and western education.

The 21st century challenges the Igbo to take a leap of faith and be properly restored in our relationship with God first entered into by Igbo earliest ancestor, A.O. Anya {2002) recently has rightly drawn attention to the demand of the 21st century marked by a transition from a resource-driven economy, society and culture to the new and emerging economy and culture which is knowledge-based, technology driven and responsive to environmental concerns. Igbo Christianity and spirituality must respond to this new demand. Because we must not allow our culture to retard our development as a people, we must let our culture be judged and transformed by the word of God as contained in the Bible. The Bible makes it clear that people perish for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6) this we can avoid by engaging in aggressive education of ourselves and our people. Igbo religion can accelerate economic development of the Igbo nation, and the nation at large. This education can emphasize knowledge and character formation that comes through changing our general orientation in terms of values and attitudes, knowledge that would include acquiring skills and idea that can change the mind.  You change man and his environment when you succeed in the mind. Ignorance is one of our destructive hindering forces in our society. With sound knowledge of God, man and society, we will appreciate the danger of superstition, idolatry, caste system and sacrifices to their idols and with good character formation whereby we imbibe christian values, we become major resource for economic and spiritual growth which will minimize corruption, improve human relations and increase our productive capacity for personal growth and social development. This religious demand of the 21st century demands risk, choice and commitment. Risk because once you put your hand on the plough there is no more looking backwards. Choice because it is a matter of life or death. Commitment because it involves vision and mission. The dominant Igbo religious and philosophical ideas require those three dimensions, which constitute Igbo man's identity, vision and mission rooted in our faith in Chukwu who not only creates but sustains and protects. Christianity and education which act as source of empowerment will equip us with character and knowledge that- can transform us into agents of change in our time.

Here is the full article:
http://ahiajoku.igbonet.com/2002/
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 9:40am On Nov 04, 2010
MyJoe:

The enduring legacy of the Hebrew Bible was sealed when Jesus and his apostles quoted from it. That, plus the fact it dovetails into the Gospels, brought it into Christianity.

Perhaps. But I don't agree. Jesus and his disciples were Jews and if they quoted from the Jewish writings, they were entitled. It's their heritage. When they quote these things, they quote them to other Jews, who share the same cultural and religious heritage. It's not getting that that makes people think the OT has anything to do with Christianity. It makes them pay 'tithe' and 'firstfruit', etc Jewish OT practices no longer practiced by even the Jews themselves. Christ, somewhat caustically, talked about tithing, which is in the OT as a Jewish custom, with other Jews in Matthews 23,. That was somehow translated by some as endorsement for Christians to pay 'tithe'. Even the apostles made it clear. They said Jewish customs and other things Jewish didn't bind gentiles. They went, We and our fathers can't abide by these things. Why lay them on gentiles too? This and that will do for gentiles. Acts 15, I think. Christ and all he taught and all he stood for and all he did; that's Christianity. Then there are the Jews and all their religious norms and customs, of which every Jew then was a part, including Jesus, who paid nominal attention to some of it but frequently ignored or modified it as he chose. Very telling. Two entirely distinct things. Those who consider themselves bound by OT Jewish traditions are the ones binding themselves of their own volition. They're certainly bound by no one else. The OT is a collection of Jewish cultural myths, rules, records of customs, history along its royal lineage, the preaching of their prophets, religious stories for moral instruction, like the book of Job, proverbs and exquisite poetry. It's a beautiful document. That's it. Other cultures have cultural and religious documents just as gorgeous.

I may have gotten a different story about the Osun woman. I asked and was told she was some American scholar in African Religions in the US, and was converted and came over. I didn't ask anything beyond that. I could have it wrong, and they could be the same person. Will verify.

I don't get our tribal psychology. So if someone enters a shrine, 'something' must happen to that person? What? Reminds me of Mazaje's post, where he got disenchanted with religion because he beat up a herbalist, and nothing happened. He slept at a cemetary, and nothing happened. I'm not clear on exactly what he expected to happen, but you see our mindset about these things. He went to a Buddhist village and some people hadn't heard of Jesus. Naturally, like a good fundamentalist Christian he concluded they were en route to hell.  He also concluded all of Buddhism hadn't heard of Jesus, which is surprising, given every religion has levels of knowledge. It's like going to a Nigerian village where some of them had never of Buddha and concluding all of Christianity had never heard of Buddha. Buddhism, especially the Tibetan Lamaist version, has very interesting philosphical doctrines and theories about Jesus. There's something very odd about the traditional African mindset. You get the impression its gods are malevolent and are expected to 'deal' ruthlessly with trespassers. Or something.

There are far more complicated traditions than that of the Jews. The Hindu, for one. The Chinese, for another. Ours even. Other cultures, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Arab, have preserved their cultural history for thousands of years. We haven't. I don't know why. I don't think it's to do with literacy. The Incas did it, and they couldn't write. Europeans can't tell the Chinese or the Indians or the Jews what their history, cultural and religious, is. We haven't presevred ours, and so they have the gall to define us, and they continue to do so. I don't mind that Christianity came here, any more than I mind that Islam did. I love my culture, but I'm not a culture-hugger. I freely sample other cultures, and can't issue my culture virtues it doesn't possess, merely to elevate it. All culture is the knowledge and wisdom of generations past. There is much to love in it, but there is much that is appalling in it as well, because there is wisdom in the past but there is also a great deal of ignorance as well. I find it odd that people can criticize Africans for accepting Christianity in the past, and at the same time, breezily acknowledge that some Christians put a stop to the effects of past ignorance, like throwing living twins in forests and sacrificing people to gods. We don't have a self-correcting mechanism in place, and some of the ignorant practices of the past continue in effect till this day.  It doesn't mean the Europeans who brought Christianity were superior in any way. These were people who, in their own tribal history, burned children and millions of women for 'witchcraft'. A woman and her daughter took off their stockings in one English town. There was a heavy rainfall. They hung the two ladies as the 'cause' of the storm. These were people who thought bathing was unhygenic, did it once or twice a year, covered the stink with perfumes and suffered from plague after plague, epidemic after epidemic, which they thought were punishments from God for sin.

The same lot are the ones telling us what our cultural and religious history is. When the Asians first encountered them they thought Europeans were filthy animals, savages, barbarians. I don't know which is worse, Europeans who consider themselves 'superior' to Africans, or Africans who agree that they are, and immitate them no end. One of the most irritating things in existence are people who fake foreign accents in the mistaken belief that since they are immitating people they consider superior to themselves, by immitating them they too now have this elusive superiority. Some of them have never even been to an airport. I was talking to a fellow who was rolling his rs all over the place I remarked on his accent.  Oh, says he, I've been here for years. Yet we all know Europeans who'd been in Nigeria for decades. I don't hear them speaking with a Nigerian accent.

I wasn't bewailing other religions coming here. If we didn't have them, I wouldn't be a Christian and you wouldn't be in Yoga. We would be spiritually destitute, and neither of us would know it. It's why we don't export our own religions I was wondering about. Part of the problem might be a mindset that expects 'something' to happen in shrines. The traditional African mind is fearful of 'unseen forces', and walks about in fear of angering these forces or the people who 'wield power' on their behalf, like herbalists. When they convert to another religion they take this mindset with them, and walk about fearful of these same 'forces' and of the people who 'wield power' on their behalf, in this case 'men of God'.

I love the cultural myths you included. Wish you'd elaborated on them. I'm going to see if I can learn more about them.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2010
Mad_Max:

I wasn't bewailing other religions coming here.

Me, neither. I was commenting on why we never packaged our indigenous beliefs for export. You realise it's not long since our people started to take pride in “native” names? In my time if you or your guardian "mistakenly" mentioned your "native" name after your right hand has successfully passed on top of your head to touch your left ear, the headmaster or the person registering you would say, "no, I mean his oyinbo name."  Consider, then, there was a time when the literate people among us were those driven into the arms of the Europeans by a society that considered them outcasts and slaves and low lives, people who were thus ashamed on their family names and history. Even when “nobles” saw the white man’s “light” the same herd mentality persisted. It then took Western universities’ interest in “African religions” for some literature to start showing up. The fear factor you mentioned is also a big problem. In those early days, exactly as it is now, when someone converts from Ogun worshipping to Christianity, he retains his old mindset.

I agree people ought to bear in mind that Jesus and the apostles were quoting the OT within a Jewish context. But the disciples also used it in their ministrations to the Gentiles. In doing that they were following Jesus’ example, even though Jesus only did so concerning Jews. But then Jesus only preached to Jews. So when Paul wrote concerning the Hebrew Bible in 2 Tim 3:16 that the scripture in its entirety is of God, it is to be expected that Christians will take him seriously. It is these factors that join the OT and the NT at the hips. I think making distinctions in the application of the OT - just as they should with the New Testament – is reasonable. Acts 15 is clear on that matter. Christians do make these distinctions – nobody goes around killing goats today – but only, it appears, where it suits them. And so tithe, which was clearly intended to care for those of little means, has been hijacked by church leadership for personal enrichment.

What mazaje expected to happen to him? I can answer that one. He expected that after fighting the jazzman, he would be struck with some pestilence – think small pox, epilepsy or whooping cough – down to his third generation. But, seriously, he didn’t need to visit a cemetery. When the Europeans wanted land to build churches “evil forests” were promptly donated. The churches stood and members flocked to them. Na today?

You hit the nail on the head about our attitude towards ourselves and things African. In Lagos you will meet someone who traveled to Equatorial Guinea and came back rolling his R’s!  grin It goes beyond fake accents. It's there in what people eat, wear and how they live. Once at the office back in Ikoyi in Lagos all staff members went to dinner. After dinner a young lawyer remarked to a junior member of staff that since he decided to eat his eba with cutlery he should have done it properly by placing his fork in his left hand instead of the right. Taken aback I asked him if he was aware that while the British, after whose tradition the law school was fashioned (they teach you how to eat eba with fork at the Nigerian Law School), place the fork at the left hand and the knife at the right the Americans do it the other way round. And, while we are aping oyinbos, how come no one informed me when the world reached an understanding that American's don't do things "properly"?

Mad_Max:

You were going to spend your life with an African and you couldn't take the trouble to be born African, abi?
He actually meant to spend it with a Caucasian. Changed his mind when he saw you.  smiley
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
Equitorial Guinea grin grin grin grin Your entire post just kills.

Haven't been here in ages. No vex jare. Been insanely busy.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2010
MyJoe:

I agree people ought to bear in mind that Jesus and the apostles were quoting the OT within a Jewish context. But the disciples also used it in their ministrations to the Gentiles. In doing that they were following Jesus’ example, even though Jesus only did so concerning Jews. But then Jesus only preached to Jews. So when Paul wrote concerning the Hebrew Bible in 2 Tim 3:16 that the scripture in its entirety is of God, it is to be expected that Christians will take him seriously. It is these factors that join the OT and the NT at the hips. I think making distinctions in the application of the OT - just as they should with the New Testament – is reasonable. Acts 15 is clear on that matter. Christians do make these distinctions – nobody goes around killing goats today – but only, it appears, where it suits them. And so tithe, which was clearly intended to care for those of little means, has been hijacked by church leadership for personal enrichment.

True.
Under Mosaic law, written by men, Jewish men didn't need a reason to put away their wives. They could trade in a new model for the old one as often as they liked, divorcing their wives in minutes without having to give a reason. The lives of these divorced women was horrible.  Christ came and told the men they could no longer divorce their wives unless she was cheating on them. And the men could not commit adultery either. So they can't divorce their wives unless she commits adultery,and they too could not commit adultery. That is one of many instances of him changing mosaic law. If the original issued from God, why would he modify it? Why would the laws of God need correcting? It would already be perfect. But if those laws issued from men, on the other hand. . .

Christ did not live or teach in the context of any religion.  The OT writings were ALL his audience knew, so he occassionally drew from that to illustrate, and that not even frequently. It is the teaching of Jesus that is broadly accepted as Christianity. The Old Testament forms no part of that. Of course Christians may define what they
accept, as individuals. For some, Christianity includes the opinions of Paul. For some, it includes the Old testament. 

Christ advocated no religion. He created none.
He functioned above every religion. That was why his disciples didn't abandon Judaism. Jesus did not create an alternative religion. His was far deeper than that, a new way of life. It had no name and its variant wasn't labelled a religion until three centuries after his death. Christianity is a religion that has evolved over the centuries, accruing all manners of things along the way. In its present form, it bears little resemblance to what He taught, and what his disciples practised. Every man interpretes the testaments as he chooses. When a pastor gets on a pulpit to preach, he is not issuing the word of God, merely his own opinions and interpretations of the bible. And so you have diverse denominations and sects in Christianity, based on one person's interpretation, or another.

Those who fork over their money to other men, so-called 'men of God', are NOT paying tithe. Calling it 'tithe' doesn't make it so. All they're doing is handing over their money, nothing more. To pay tithe you have to be a Jew and live under Mosaic Law. You have to take a tenth of your farm produce, not to priests, but to a temple, so the poor and hungry, for whom the practice was instituted, can have at it directly. It extends to times of harvest, when you leave a portion of the crops on your farm for the poor to graze. The modern practice of pastors and churches collecting money from Christians as 'tithe', using subtle threat, twisted bible verses, guilt and religious blackmail, is a relatively recent development. It's criminal, the biggest religious scam in modern times. It's not even terribly clever, but crudely done. It's effective only because many Christians live in unquestioning obedience, like trained animals, not to God, but to other men. Most of us have been brainwashed and deeply conditioned to believe and  obey whatever the 'man of God' says. 

The mosaic law is a Jewish heritage. If Jesus' disciples quote from it, they're Jews and they're entitled. There was no bible. There was nothing else they could quote from. It was the only thing they knew. Quite rightly, they make a point of saying non-Jews aren't bound by it.  Posterity tends to ascribe divinity or infallibility to the apostles.  They were just men like everyone else. There are many men and many views and many quarells. There is only one Christ.

Christianity claims it's the way of salvation. But it's a man-made religion like every other. Every religion makes that claim. Every sect makes that claim, its adherents convinced they alone have found the answer and all other religions toil in vain. All religions, being human constructs to understand the Divine, are full of our human conceits.Christianity is not the way of salvation. Christ is. Christ is one thing, Christianity as we know it is another. That they're two different things is evidenced by the fact that you can have one without having the other. If a particular religion is the way, why didn't Jesus tell the Jews or his disciples to abandon Judaism, since it's not the 'correct' religion? But Jesus told them no such thing.

He is the way, the truth and the life. One cannot insist one religion he didn't create is 'part' of another religion he
didn't create. Christianity did not exist in his time.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by PastorAIO: 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2010
It is the teaching of Jesus that is broadly accepted as Christianity.

No it isn't!! Not for most of them. It is the teachings of their pastors.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2010
There wouldn't be a thing wrong with that, if both sides understand the pastor is just airing his personal religious views on the pulpit,and isn't a spokeperson or proxy for God.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2010
Mad_Max:

True.
Christianity claims it's the way of salvation. But it's a man-made religion like every other. Every religion makes that claim. Every sect makes that claim, its adherents convinced they alone have found the answer and all other religions toil in vain. All religions, being human constructs to understand the Divine, are full of our human conceits.Christianity is not the way of salvation. Christ is. Christ is one thing, Christianity as we know it is another. That they're two different things is evidenced by the fact that you can have one without having the other. If a particular religion is the way, why didn't Jesus tell the Jews or his disciples to abandon Judaism, since it's not the 'correct' religion? But Jesus told them no such thing.

Very well put.

Mad_Max:

Buddhism, especially the Tibetan Lamaist version, has very interesting philosphical doctrines and theories about Jesus.

And so do the Fulani in their creation story. There he’s called Gueno. Reminds me of what you said about the I-ching. I lost this book that contained the story after a friend borrowed it about eight years back. Then last week I stumbled upon it inside some academic text.

The universe started from a drop of milk, with Doondari directing, no, intervening in the script whenever necessary. The short poem has remarkable depth with evolution and creation going hand in hand.

A Fulani Creation Story

At the beginning there was a huge drop of milk
Then Doondari came and he created the stone.
Then the stone created iron;
And iron created fire;
And fire created water;
And water created air.
Then Doondari descended a second time. And he took the five elements
And he shaped them into man.
But man was proud.
Then Doondari created blindness and blindness defeated man.
But when blindness became too proud,
Doondari created sleep, and sleep defeated blindness;
But when sleep became too proud,
Doondari created worry, and worry defeated sleep;
But when worry became too proud,
Doondari created death, and death defeated worry.
But when death became too proud,
Doondari descended for the third time,
And he came as Gueno, the eternal one
And Gueno defeated death.

This one is the creation story of the Efe, a forest pygmy people of the DR Congo

The Forbidden Fruit

God created the first human being with the help of the moon. God kneaded the body out of clay. Then God covered it with skin and the end God poured blood into it. God called the first human Baatsi.

Then God whispered into his ear telling him to beget many children, but to impress upon the children the following rule: from all trees you may eat, but not from the Tahu tree.

Baatsi had many children and he made them obey the rule. When he became old he retired to heaven. His children obeyed the rule and when they grew old they too retired to heaven.

But one day a pregnant woman was seized with an irresistible desire to eat the fruit of the Tahu tree. She asked her husband to break some for her, but he refused. But when she persisted, the husband gave in. He crept into the forest at night, picked the Tahu fruit, peeled it, and hid the peel in the bush. But moon had seen him, and she told God what she had seen.

God was so angry with humans that he sent death as a punishment to men.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2010
They're just beautiful. I hope there's more where those came from. Will post others I found somewhere later.
Still a little downhearted. Still mourning bawomolo. Didn't interact with him much but I liked him tremendously. It's unreal.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by Ladyrsky46: 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2010
Mad_Max:

[color=#990000]It's effective only because many Christians live in unquestioning obedience, like trained animals, not to God, but to other men. Most of us have been brainwashed and deeply conditioned to believe and obey whatever the 'man of God' says.
Christianity claims it's the way of salvation.

Which is a real shame. I believe each Christian should be able to read the Bible for themselves and their leaders should be there to help them
Then again, I wonder what Jeremiah 3:15 means in relation to Pastors and what they're there for,
"And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding."

Christianity is NOT the way of salvation. Jesus Christ is. No one should ever get that twisted.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 2:05pm On Dec 06, 2010
Ladyrsky46:

Which is a real shame. I believe each Christian should be able to read the Bible for themselves and their leaders should be there to help them

True. We should read the bible for ourselves, and form our own views.
'Christian leaders' didn't write the bible though. They have no special advantage in comprehending it. All anyone can give is their own personal take on the bible, nothing more. Hence the multiplicity of views and denominations and divisions in Christianity, all based on the same bible. If we trust another person, there's nothing wrong with seeking their views and knowledge on the bible, and on spiritual matters, as long as we understand it's just that person's personal opinion. A Christian should read the bible for himself, and depend on God for knowledge and comprehension of things spiritual, not men. But we do precisely the opposite. We call the opinions of a man on a pulpit the 'word of God'. It's nothing of the sort. No man speaks for God, only for himself.

Ladyrsky46:

Then again, I wonder what Jeremiah 3:15 means in relation to Pastors and what they're there for,
"And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding."
Christianity is NOT the way of salvation. Jesus Christ is. No one should ever get that twisted.

I don't pretend to understand the OT in its entirety. But neither the verse nor the passage in Jeremiah 3 has a thing to do with Christianity and its 'pastors' and 'bishops' and 'popes'. Whatever Greek or Hebrew word was translated 'pastor' there is not referring to a system that didn't exist when Jeremiah was preaching.

You're putting the word 'Pastor' in its modern Christian context into an old testament passage that isn't using the word to refer to anything like that. It's like when pastors who extort money from others quote Malachi 3:10 to 'back up' the practice, ignoring the entire passage and its context. Or quote Matthew 23:23 to 'justify' tithe, when the word 'tithe' in the bible describes something entirely different from what 'Men of God' have decided to call 'tithe' now. Two different and unrelated practices, two different meanings, but because the biblical word 'tithe' was borrowed, extorting others in the name of God also became 'biblical'. Same with 'firstfruit'. They crudely borrow a bible word for something ungodly and unChristian, but as soon as we hear the word, it has associations with the Bible in our minds, and so we feel it must be valid.

Jeremiah 3:15 is not referring to modern 'pastors' in any shape or form. It's clear from the entire passage. Given that the OT are scattered writings thousands of years old, and the books on the prophets are compilations of decades of oral preaching to fellow Jews, there's very little 'justification' in it for anything in modern Christianity. Of course, your quoting the verse is quite innocent.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by coldwater(m): 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2011
I am resurrecting this brilliant and illuminating discussion.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by justcool(m): 11:55pm On Jan 24, 2011
MyJoe:

A Fulani Creation Story

At the beginning there was a huge drop of milk
Then Doondari came and he created the stone.
Then the stone created iron;
And iron created fire;
And fire created water;
And water created air.
Then Doondari descended a second time. And he took the five elements
And he shaped them into man.
But man was proud.
Then Doondari created blindness and blindness defeated man.
But when blindness became too proud,
Doondari created sleep, and sleep defeated blindness;
But when sleep became too proud,
Doondari created worry, and worry defeated sleep;
But when worry became too proud,
Doondari created death, and death defeated worry.
But when death became too proud,
Doondari descended for the third time,
And he came as Gueno, the eternal one
And Gueno defeated death.

This one is the creation story of the Efe, a forest pygmy people of the DR Congo

The Forbidden Fruit

God created the first human being with the help of the moon. God kneaded the body out of clay. Then God covered it with skin and the end God poured blood into it. God called the first human Baatsi.

Then God whispered into his ear telling him to beget many children, but to impress upon the children the following rule: from all trees you may eat, but not from the Tahu tree.

Baatsi had many children and he made them obey the rule. When he became old he retired to heaven. His children obeyed the rule and when they grew old they too retired to heaven.

But one day a pregnant woman was seized with an irresistible desire to eat the fruit of the Tahu tree. She asked her husband to break some for her, but he refused. But when she persisted, the husband gave in. He crept into the forest at night, picked the Tahu fruit, peeled it, and hid the peel in the bush. But moon had seen him, and she told God what she had seen.

God was so angry with humans that he sent death as a punishment to men.

Very illuminating!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Thread For Shiloh 2017 "A New Dawn" / What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? / Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 282
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.