Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,371 members, 7,888,208 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:39 PM

2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole (807 Views)

You’ll Destroy APC’, Deputy Speaker, Lasun Tells Oshiomole / You Cannot Overthrow Party Leadership - Kwara APC Tells Oshiomole / Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Nkemakonam62: 11:39am On Feb 26, 2018
Governor Ifeanyi Patrick Okowa of Delta state has stated that in a democratic process, it would be very difficult for the All Progressives Congress (APC) to take over power from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Delta state in 2019, Vanguard reports. The governor made his remarks in response to threats reportedly made by ex-Governor of Edo state Adams Oshiomole, that the APC would take his state during the next gubernatorial election. Akelicious.com gathers that Okowa stated that Oshiomole was giving himself a tall assignment; as he stated that the people of his state were happy with the PDP government. In his words: “I didn’t listen to him, but I read him in the papers; if he said they would take it by hook or crook, I think that will be irresponsible. If it is by a normal process he believes they can take over Delta state through a democratic process; it will be very, very difficult. “I think that will be a very tall assignment that he is giving himself. Delta state is essentially PDP, and we are doing our best despite the economic difficulties and challenges that we find ourselves. “We are doing a lot, and our people are happy with us, and I do believe that the APC in Delta state as at today is not strong, they are not united, they are busy fighting themselves. “I think they are just hoping that the federal government will just come in and install somebody, so they are busy fighting among themselves and politically we are doing the best that we can." The governor also questioned the level of influence Oshiomole had in Delta, stating: “I don’t think Oshiomhole has any influence in Delta state. “In his Edo state, he just managed to win an election while on his way out, and I think too that he was able to win that election probably because Godwin Obaseki was also a good candidate coming from the background that he came from.” This came following the massive endorsement from the major opposing ethnic group in the state, the Urhobo people of Delta central senatorial district, not long after former governor of the state, James Onanefe Ibori, endorsed the governor. Ibori reportedly banned all Urhobo people from contesting the election against Governor Okowa.

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/02/2019-it-would-be-difficult-for-apc-to.html

1 Like

Re: 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Crocky23: 11:46am On Feb 26, 2018
It would be impossible for APC to take over Delta state.
Re: 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:50am On Feb 26, 2018
If yahaya bello is carrying the PDP flag even in delta state it will be impossible for APC to win delta
Re: 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by NOC1(m): 11:53am On Feb 26, 2018
Crocky23:
It would be impossible for APC to take over Delta state.

A wise man used the right word "Difficult" A political... like you is saying "Impossible" as if APC rig it for someone like Ayiri you will have a say.
Re: 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 26, 2018
Nkemakonam62:
Governor Ifeanyi Patrick Okowa of Delta state has stated that in a democratic process, it would be very difficult for the All Progressives Congress (APC) to take over power from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Delta state in 2019, Vanguard reports. The governor made his remarks in response to threats reportedly made by ex-Governor of Edo state Adams Oshiomole, that the APC would take his state during the next gubernatorial election. Akelicious.com gathers that Okowa stated that Oshiomole was giving himself a tall assignment; as he stated that the people of his state were happy with the PDP government. In his words: “I didn’t listen to him, but I read him in the papers; if he said they would take it by hook or crook, I think that will be irresponsible. If it is by a normal process he believes they can take over Delta state through a democratic process; it will be very, very difficult. “I think that will be a very tall assignment that he is giving himself. Delta state is essentially PDP, and we are doing our best despite the economic difficulties and challenges that we find ourselves. “We are doing a lot, and our people are happy with us, and I do believe that the APC in Delta state as at today is not strong, they are not united, they are busy fighting themselves. “I think they are just hoping that the federal government will just come in and install somebody, so they are busy fighting among themselves and politically we are doing the best that we can." The governor also questioned the level of influence Oshiomole had in Delta, stating: “I don’t think Oshiomhole has any influence in Delta state. “In his Edo state, he just managed to win an election while on his way out, and I think too that he was able to win that election probably because Godwin Obaseki was also a good candidate coming from the background that he came from.” This came following the massive endorsement from the major opposing ethnic group in the state, the Urhobo people of Delta central senatorial district, not long after former governor of the state, James Onanefe Ibori, endorsed the governor. Ibori reportedly banned all Urhobo people from contesting the election against Governor Okowa.

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/02/2019-it-would-be-difficult-for-apc-to.html
cows massively support APC

cc lzaa anonimi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Crocky23: 11:54am On Feb 26, 2018
[s]
NOC1:

A wise man used the right word "Difficult" A political... like you is saying "Impossible" as if APC rig it for someone like Ayiri you will have a say.
[/s]
Let them try and wait for the consequences.
Re: 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by NOC1(m): 12:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
Crocky23:
[s][/s]
Let them try and wait for the consequences.

stop ranting you cant do anything, i hate beating of chest.
Re: 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by LZAA: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
imhotep:
cows massively support APC
cc lzaa anonimi
Well we are in a cow republic
Re: 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
If APC wins 10 wards in my state, I will donate my balls to the hungry vultures at Ughelli or those restless bats at ring road Benin city.
Re: 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Okanokan(m): 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2018
JasonScolari:
If APC wins 10 wards in my state, I will donate my balls to the hungry vultures at Ughelli or those restless bats at ring road Benin city.

Truth must be told, its being tough for Deltans, Buhari's failure has been transferred to Apc coupled with the fact that Apc is a house divided against itself, it will be difficult to dislodge the Pdp. Okowa has not said anything new but he be made to understand that his selective policies has punished the Urhobo, Isoko, Itshekiri ethnic nationalities, and moreso, former transition committee members and thier family are paying a huge price for almost 4years because of Okowa acting on the advice of Ovie Agas not to pay severance allowance. We hope this will not translate to its members fighting against Governor Okowa, just hope Igho-Aria will not backfire.
Re: 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
NOC1:

stop ranting you cant do anything, i hate beating of chest.

why not try it.Nigeria will probably fund their budget with cow money
Re: 2019: It Would Be Difficult For APC To Take Delta - Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
Okanokan:

Truth must be told, its being tough for Deltans, Buhari's failure has been transferred to Apc coupled with the fact that Apc is a house divided against itself, it will be difficult to dislodge the Pdp. Okowa has not said anything new but he be made to understand that his selective policies has punished the Urhobo, Isoko, Itshekiri ethnic nationalities, and moreso, former transition committee members and thier family are paying a huge price for almost 4years because of Okowa acting on the advice of Ovie Agas not to pay severance allowance. We hope this will not translate to its members fighting against Governor Okowa, just hope Igho-Aria will not backfire.
My bro, kindly state any of the Okowa's "selective" policies that has punished the Urhobos, Itsekiri and the Isoko's. These are mere distractions from the opposition. The likes of Chief Ighoyota Amori, Senator James Manager, Ayiri Emami and others would have one way or the other point at it.

(1) (Reply)

Regret: Did You Know I Blocked Some My Friends On Facebook because Of Buhari? / What They Did Not Tell You About Atiku Abubakar! / Osun:inec PVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.