Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,515 members, 7,881,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections (921 Views)

Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Lamido Yuguda As SEC DG / Chong Dinh Hue Asks APC To Allow Vietnam Import Rice Into Nigeria / 'Where Is Bayo Omoboriowo?' President Buhari Asks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by Ecstasy154(m): 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has asked leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to brace up for the 2019 elections.

He said this on Monday when he hosted top members of the party at the presidential villa in Abuja.

Buhari thanked his party men for standing by him despite the “antics of the opposition”.

“I must heartily thank the party officials and members for the successes we have achieved in the 2015 elections in securing majority of the states, majority in the national assembly and majority in the state assemblies,” he said.

“We must remember that this resounding success would not have been achieved without the unity of purpose we exhibited in challenging and defeating an incumbent government.

“Those outstanding successes would not have been possible without your hard work, dedication, and above all, sacrifice. I wish to individually and collectively thank you all sincerely for believing in me and remaining steadfast party members despite distractions and antics of the opposition. This unity and success are needed now more than ever, because elections are now looming.

“Now that INEC has come out with the timetable for elections in 2019, the party should prepare itself for congresses at A. Wards, B. Local Governments, C. States and D. Centre.

“We should strictly follow the constitution of the Party in undertaking these party elections. We should ensure internal democracy and avoid short cuts and illegal maneuvers which have characterized the opposition party with the consequences that they are now divided.

“The APC has a history of conducting free and fair primaries whenever consensus about any candidacy is not reached. Regardless of the outcomes of the primary processes, it is imperative that we all work together to ensure the victory of our party.”

Buhari said his adminsitration had been able to introduce some reforms, accusing the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) mismanaging the resources of the country.

“I must state at the outset that to succeed we must in all our actions and decisions follow strictly the constitution of our party. It is easy to forget that we succeeded a government with a record of unprecedented theft and systematic mismanagement,” he said.

“Nigeria was fast heading for a state of collapse. It is easy to forget the fuel subsidy fraud, arms fund diversion, depleted excess de Account savings, depleted foreign reserves, massive unpaid debts to contractors and suppliers amidst failure to invest or even maintain our infrastructure namely railways, roads, electricity, inspite of having earned over US$500 billion from Oil & Gas alone, during the 16 years of PDP rule.

“Lest we forget, we must always remind ourselves of the dire situation in which we came to office.

“Therefore we must not be shy in projecting our tremendous achievements from 2015 to date. The territorial integrity of Nigeria longer under threat. A number of security challenges still exist, but they exist in even the most well policed and well-secured countries. I am confident that the measures we are taking will tackle the acts of rural banditry, herdsmen/farmers conflicts, communal clashes, kidnappings and other crimes.”

He also spoke of the

I now turn to the party differences in various states. To this end, I have appointed a committee, headed by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a leader of the Party, to reconcile differences in various states. We hope the committee will be given maximum support and cooperation to enable it to satisfactorily carry out its work and get the party united in purpose and in shape for the battles ahead.

I am very much aware of opinions and criticisms about the pace of government. In particular, the delay in appointments to boards of parastatals. Many boards have been inaugurated so far.

Before I conclude my address, ladies and gentlemen, please join me in paying tribute to the Party members and commend the APc leadership for its keen interest in getting the Party manifesto implemented in the States and at the Center.

Thank you may God bless our party and the country

https://www.thecable.ng/just-buhari-asks-apc-leaders-prepare-2019-elections/

Re: JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by madridguy(m): 9:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by micfoley: 9:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
We are all preparing

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by DeZoro(m): 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
80% of these people here graduated from Lie Mohammed Business school.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by kcmichael: 10:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
Pmb till 2023
Re: JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by TheFreeOne: 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
“Nigeria was fast heading for a state of collapse. It is easy to forget the fuel subsidy fraud, arms fund diversion, depleted excess de Account savings, depleted foreign reserves, massive unpaid debts to contractors and suppliers amidst failure to invest or even maintain our infrastructure namely railways, roads, electricity, inspite of having earned over US$500 billion from Oil & Gas alone, during the 16 years of PDP rule.

Sounding like a broken record as usual.

The master of blame games should tell Nigerians his achievement so far aside bigotry, incompetency, shielding corrupt cronies, insecurity, suffering and nepotism.

Someone should please tell him government is a continuum. He should strive to make it better if he's got what it takes but unfortunately he doesn't hence his usual ramblings about previous administration.

3 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by TheFreeOne: 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
kcmichael:
Pmb till 2023

Like this?

Concerned Nigerians who loves this country will resist it before the country becomes a total killing field.

He must be retired from politics to Daura in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by tuzeriouz(m): 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2018
kcmichael:
Pmb till 2023
kontinu to support pa buhari. a day will come when ppl will shoot you to death. by then ur decomposing body will realize that 2019 poll is not a joker. G , just continue.

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by Paperwhite(m): 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2018
Still confirming the utter cluelessness of the coven of satan called APC.

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by Ratello: 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
Just look at the funny looking Tinubu up there who will soon be visited by nemesis for forcing the despot, Buhari, on us all. Demonic beings

3 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by Paperwhite(m): 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheFreeOne:

Sounding like a broken record as usual.

The master of blame games should tell Nigerians his achievement so far aside bigotry, incompetency, shielding corrupt cronies, insecurity, suffering and nepotism.

Someone should please tell him government is a continuum. He should strive to make it better if he's got what it takes but unfortunately he doesn't hence his usual ramblings about previous administration.
Thanks dear-you mind the useless president.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Buhari Asks APC Leaders To Prepare For 2019 Elections by xcolanto(m): 10:32pm On Feb 26, 2018
Clueless goofment thats has failed in every sector of the economy they accused the past regime of.
They have done nothing but lie, deceive and rule the populace by propaganda and great falsehood.
I am also preparing for 2019 to send the dullard back 2 dura come next year.

(1) (Reply)

See How Corruption Walked Out Of Nigeria In 2015 / 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner / Saraki Reveals Plan For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.