Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,197 members, 7,873,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. (6664 Views)

2019: We Want More Than SGF, South-west PDP Tells Atiku / Address Ambode's Allegations Against Sanwo-olu, Lawyer Tells APC / Benue Killings: Your Observations Are Incorrect - PMB Tells Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:51am On Feb 27, 2018
...Oyegun: Tough times await us

President Muhammadu Buhari has called on all members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to unite strongly in order to face successfully the challenges ahead, especially the 2019 general election. The President stated this yesterday when he met with the National Caucus of the APC at the presidential villa, Abuja.

Buhari, who told members of the caucus that he was not unaware of criticisms from Nigerians about the slow style and pace of his government in delivering the dividend of democracy, said what was paramount was the unity of party in facing bigger challenges ahead.

Buhari explained that the appointment of the Bola Ahmed Tinibu reconciliation committee was targeted at achieving the desired peace and harmony that would guarantee the needed success of the APC in the future.

He said: “I now turn to the party differences in various states. To this end, I have appointed a committee, headed by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a leader of the Party, to reconcile differences in various states.

“We hope the committee will be given maximum support and cooperation to enable it to satisfactorily carry out its work and get the party united in purpose and in shape for the battles ahead.

“I am very much aware of opinions and criticisms about the pace of government. In particular, the delay in appointments to boards of parastatals. Many boards have not been inaugurated so far.”

The President explained that now that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has come out with the timetable for elections in 2019, the party should prepare itself for congresses at Wards, Local Governments, states and the Centre.

He said: “I now turn to the party differences in various states. To this end, I have appointed a committee, headed by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a leader of the Party, to reconcile differences in various states.

“We hope the committee will be given maximum support and cooperation to enable it to satisfactorily carry out its work and get the party united in purpose and in shape for the battles ahead.

“I am very much aware of opinions and criticisms about the pace of government. In particular, the delay in appointments to boards of parastatals. Many boards have not been inaugurated so far.”

The President explained that now that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has come out with the timetable for elections in 2019, the party should prepare itself for congresses at Wards, Local Governments, states and the Centre.

“We should strictly follow the constitution of the party in undertaking these party elections. We should ensure internal democracy and avoid short cuts and illegal maneuvers which have characterized the opposition party with the consequences that they are now divided.

“The APC has a history of conducting free and fair primaries whenever consensus about any candidacy is not reached. Regardless of the outcomes of the primary processes, it is imperative that we all work together to ensure the victory of our party,” the President added. In his remarks, the National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie- Oyegun, said that there were tough times ahead of the party which its members must brace up to meet.

Oyegun explained that he was therefore in support of the reconciliation committee set up by President Buhari that would ensure a more coordinated and united approach to achieving better results.

“I therefore fully support the Asiwaju Peace Committee constituted by the President to reconcile all aggrieved groups within the party, and I encourage all of us to support the committee. The success of this committee will provide great impetus to the realization of victory for the party in the forthcoming general elections.”

Notable among personalities present at the meeting were Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, Speaker House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara; , state governors, members of National Working Committee, members of the National Assembly, members of National Executive Council, former governors and ministers among others. Senate President Bukola Saraki was conspicuously absent at the meeting.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/02/2019-apc-must-unite-challenges-ahead-buhari/

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by Shedrack777: 6:55am On Feb 27, 2018
well he just said tough times awaits them not us

13 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by madridguy(m): 6:58am On Feb 27, 2018
You people should unite and conquer insecurity in Nigeria first.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by Epositive(m): 7:04am On Feb 27, 2018
"It is imperative that we all work together to ensure the victory of our party" undecided undecided

2019 election, that's all they care about. sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by gbegemaster(m): 7:10am On Feb 27, 2018
So Buhari can beg like this?

7 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by Omeokachie: 7:48am On Feb 27, 2018
2019 would not have been a "challenge" if you had not played deadly politics with:

1. Herdsmen and farmers issues

2. Babachir corruption scandal

3. NNPC $24b contract scandal

4. Illegal recall, reinstatement and promotion of Maina

5. Illegal promotion and recall of Yusuf who is facing corruption charges.

6. Increasing fuel prices while still paying the same subsidy you claimed never existed.

7. Controversy surrounding MTN fines that are said to have been compromised by people in your administration in exchange for bribes.

8. Kidnap of Dapchi girls, something you gained political capital from when it happened in Chibok.

9. Playing politics and using propaganda in the fight against boko haram.

10. Not having the qualification to hold the office of the President (no certificate till date).

11. Shielding of corrupt politicians that defects to your party.

12. No notable infrastructure started and completed by your administration in the last 3yrs.

13. Your nepotism, resulting Nigeria being divided than it has ever been.

14. Trying to forcefully take over people's lands for use by the killer herdsmen in the name of cattle colonies.

15. Never taking responsibility but always blaming others for your incompetence.

16. Using military for internal and illegal activities in the south while neglecting the fight against boko haram in the north where they are most needed.

17. Denying all electoral promised made. What then is the basis in trusting anything you say in future (credibility deficient).

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by Firefire(m): 10:38am On Feb 27, 2018
Failure await you...

2 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by chuksjuve(m): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2018
All of a sudden this man is beginning to talk , i smell desperation for 2019 second term bid ..

It goes to show this man is desperate for power and the title president not necessarily the work it entails ..
If only he has been this proactive these 3 years..

Well what do I know ?
you can't give what you don't have...

Nigerians wake up and let's disappoint him with our votes.

Check my profile

6 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by id4sho(m): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2018
d
Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by Epollo: 10:40am On Feb 27, 2018
Time Off for APC government, please start planning to quit the office.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by blackbeau1(f): 10:40am On Feb 27, 2018
If he truly believes that our issue with him is that 'he didn't appoint ppl to boards on time or that many boards haven't been inaugurated yet', then Nigeria is in far greater trouble than we currently believe it is in

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by gurunlocker: 10:41am On Feb 27, 2018
Unite for 2019 and after that you divide when you achieve your aim...

1 Like

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by magiki(m): 10:42am On Feb 27, 2018
No matter your unity Buhari and APC, you are going nowhere in 2019. You dare not smell PRESIDENT again.

I hope am speaking the mind of my people

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by AreaFada2: 10:44am On Feb 27, 2018
All about 2019 election. Basically reaching out to aggrieved APC members.

Nigerian masses are totally irrelevant.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by CharleyBright(m): 10:44am On Feb 27, 2018
Unite ke
You neva chi Chomthin!!!
Wait till July - September and una for APC go know how far when politicians will be at daggers drawn.
When a House (Party) is built on lies and deceit, every member of the family can never trust each other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by justuschi50: 10:45am On Feb 27, 2018
afonjas pple do u hear that

2 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by IdeyFindWife: 10:45am On Feb 27, 2018
Omeokachie:
2019 would not have been a "challenge" if you had not played deadly politics with:

6. Increasing fuel prices while still paying the same subsidy you claimed never existed.

7. Controversy surrounding MTN fines that are said to have been compromised by people in your administration in exchange for bribes.

8. Kidnap of Dapchi girls, something you gained political capital from when it happened in Chibok.

10. Not having the qualification to hold the office of the President (no certificate till date).

12. No notable infrastructure started and completed by your administration in the last 3yrs.

14. Trying to forcefully take over people's lands for use by the killer herdsmen in the name of cattle colonies.

15. Never taking responsibility but always blaming others for your incompetence.

16. Using military for internal and illegal activities in the south while neglecting the fight against boko haram in the north where they are most needed.

17. Denying all electoral promised made. What then is the basis in trusting anything you say in future (credibility deficient).

Chai, finished dem!

The N1 to $1 old geezer! Immediately, I heard him swearing to do that, I knew the old coot had taken leave of the last of his cow-senses but when I saw some pple behind him hailing and calling it possible, I knew whoever did the Mass Hypnosis Juju for them must have been really good!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by Claumy2(m): 10:45am On Feb 27, 2018
Fa!lures.. Fa!lures are gathered to plan to fail...

1 Like

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by baysol: 10:47am On Feb 27, 2018
Shedrack777:
well he just said tough times awaits them not us

Nigeria must move forward and leave all this archaic parties behind. Try the combo of Durotoye (President) and Donald duke (VP) on a single term and if not satisfied change them with immediate effect that is the power of democratic free will which all Nigerians must begin to exercise without fear or favour no matter the religion, tribe, or social status of the individuals involved. Nigerians must never again allow all this tainted evil doers to hold power never again.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by iDIGITAL1: 10:47am On Feb 27, 2018
In as much as we are not comfortable with the present administrations right now, in as much as Apc led government are not keeping their promises that they made to us before assuming power....their is something in me that tells me that Mr president really have good intentions for the country but many factors around him is really working against him...i might be wrong tho.............Meanwhile .....If you need a good and committed online marketer for your products and services to maximize viral exposures, awareness, engagements, creativity And Consistency.....HIRE ME...whatsapp no....0..9..0..9..1..4..5..1..0..7..4
Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by yesloaded: 10:48am On Feb 27, 2018
Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by Absuchat(m): 10:49am On Feb 27, 2018
Anytime I see the pictures of Buhari and osibanjo, am consoled for the suffering we the masses are facing.

We starve, they lean.
We suffer, yet fresher than them.
We are not happy, yet healthier than them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by dhabrite(m): 10:50am On Feb 27, 2018
Old politicians with their crude politicking. Where is Nigeria heading to?

3 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by AishaBuhari: 10:50am On Feb 27, 2018
Omeokachie:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 27, 2018
this CLANISH desperado again?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by Ajixegun: 10:52am On Feb 27, 2018
Surely they shall gather but the God of host will raise standard against them.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by okedoyinolabisi(f): 10:53am On Feb 27, 2018
Omeokachie:

you have said it all

3 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by kings09(m): 10:54am On Feb 27, 2018
madridguy:
You people should unite and conquer insecurity in Nigeria first.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Really? Tot Nigeria has never been more secured under ur sai baba.

Ur buhari is quick to attend 2019 reelection issues but slow to tackle non-fulani security issues

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 27, 2018
No one needs to be told that there is tension in APC right now. Not with Saraki and his cohorts (the Dino Melayes et al) about to pull out and cause a massive heart attack for APC grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 2019: We Must Unite For Challenges Ahead - PMB Tells APC Members.. by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:00am On Feb 27, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

...“I am very much aware of opinions and criticisms about the pace of government. In particular, the delay in appointments to boards of parastatals. Many boards have not been inaugurated so far.”

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/02/2019-apc-must-unite-challenges-ahead-buhari/
Few months to another election

You gat to be kidding me undecided

At least GEJ concentrated and did well in Agriculture during his tenure please remind me again, what is the area of concentration in this administration?

3 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshiomhole's Leadership Role A Great Booster For The APC - Omo-Ikirodah / APC’s ‘Snatch, Grab And Run’ Agenda Inimical To Democracy — Atiku / Police, Hoodlums Disrupt Bamidele's Rally In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.