Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,636 members, 7,921,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:35 AM

Diogu Eager For D’tigers’ FIBA World Cup Qualifiers‎ In Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diogu Eager For D’tigers’ FIBA World Cup Qualifiers‎ In Nigeria (347 Views)

FIBA: Nigeria Finishes 17th As Africa’s Best At FIBA World Cup In China / Abdullahi Eager For Super Eagles Send-off “party” Vs DR Congo / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diogu Eager For D’tigers’ FIBA World Cup Qualifiers‎ In Nigeria by solbase10(m): 2:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
D’Tigers captain, Ike Diogu, is looking forward to Nigeria hosting the Second Round of the 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers this summer, [url]Completesportsnigeria.com[/url] reports.‎

Nigeria’s D’Tigers have never played a competitive game in front of their home fans in over two decades.

Diogu led the Nigerian team to resounding victories over Uganda 102-86, Rwanda 108-53 and Mali 82-59.

He told FIBA.com that playing in front of the passionate Nigerian fans will be a great motivation for the team and an opportunity to be around their families.

“I can’t imagine what the atmosphere would be like playing before our home fans. Diogu told FIBA.com.

“It would be exciting for me and others as well.Most of the time we’ve played for Nigeria, it’s been outside of the country, but the idea that the third window of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 African Qualifiers could be at home thrills me and I would look forward to it,” Diogu reiterated.

“It’s always great when you know you’re going to be among family members. Their presence is reassuring and playing in Nigeria would give the fans an opportunity to see their players at close range.”

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Basketball Federation have stated that they are prepared to host the Second Round of the qualifiers in June/July.

Source:[url]https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/diogu-eager-dtigers-fiba-world-cup-qualifiers%e2%80%8e-nigeria/[/url]

(1) (Reply)

We Want To Win 2018 World Cup, Says Eagles Handler / I’m The Best ! Because I Believe And I Show It On The Pitch – Ronaldo / Bayern Munich Boss Jupp Heynckes Makes Huge Transfer Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.