Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,958 members, 7,949,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:28 AM

List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects (6521 Views)

Chinese Firm Supports The Construction Of Trans-sahara Highway Projects In Niger / Deplorable State Of Awka To Onitsha Federal Highway Being Constructed By PMB / Status Of Completion Of Priority Highway Projects By Buhari Admin As @ Apr 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects by Omeokachie: 8:49am On Feb 28, 2018
obailala:
I think my points were clear, I'm not sure why you don't understand them.

There are different approaches to developing a large geographic space. You can choose to focus development on 1 or 2 areas and complete them, or you can choose to develop all areas simultaneous so that no single part of the country feels left out at any time. I dont need to remind you of the kind of multi-ethnic/multi-tribal/multi-religious/multi-regional country you come from. Even with the little bits of projects going on simultaneously everywhere, we still have large groups shouting to heaven that NO SINGLE development is happening in their domain. With that said, I dont need to explain to you why EVERY Nigerian government has no choice than to spread projects and execute them simultaneously even if this approach hinders the speed.

Regarding the smaller projects, I suppose you didnt understand my grammar I spoke when I said they dont count. Of course the roads are important to those who use them, but when talking about achievements of a government, I wouldn't count a 5km road construction.

"Even with the little bits of projects going on simultaneously everywhere, we still have large groups shouting to heaven that NO SINGLE development is happening in their domain."

It was all political with no real intention of achieving anything. You've made your point. Bye!

2 Likes

Re: List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects by Adekdammy: 9:01am On Feb 28, 2018
obailala:
Federal road projects are usually massive, they arent completed in a day; most times they span more than one tenure. If you think it's weird that all the roads are ongoing but none completed in 2.5 years, can you point out any examples of federal road projects which were completed within the preceding 5 years (2010-2015)?

Wish you said this during the last administration, one reason why pple will always bash apc is because they made it look like governance is as simple as abc while they were in opposition.

2 Likes

Re: List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects by obailala(m): 9:05am On Feb 28, 2018
LordAdam16:

Minister of State for Works, Adebayo Adeyeye, said on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily programme, that

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/jonathan-constructed-more-roads-than-any-other-nigerian-president-fashola/

To answer your question, sections of the Abuja-Lokoja road were completed, there was rehabilitation of the Benin-Ore road, to mention a few.

More importantly, road maintenance was a thing under GEJ with FERMA, especially on the interstates, well-plied routes. I don't see that anymore.

Of course, you're not in Nigeria but somehow you think you know more than us living in here.

-Lord

"...the administration in 2011 had about 4,500 kilometres of fairly motorable roads, just as he explained that today [2015] the administration has about 25,000 kilometres of very good road...."

From my calculation, you are saying 21500km of roads were reconstructed to VERY GOOD STANDARDS between 2011 and 2015; that's about 5 times the distance of a straight road from Lagos to London. These amount of roads were constructed in Nigeria but not a single one was in the SE or SS (at least these are my areas of movement where I can attest to if I see the roads)?... probably the 21,500km of very good roads were constructed by GEJ in the north only, or maybe to Chad?... 21,500km? Can someone please remind me the total length of Nigeria's entire road network?... If a person can believe the above statement, a person who lives in Nigeria and experiences Nigerian roads first hand can swallow this kind of statement above, then I dont think it speaks too well of the level of intellects of such a person.

To answer your question, sections of the Abuja-Lokoja road were completed, there was rehabilitation of the Benin-Ore road, to mention a few.
The Benin to Sagamu road is about 250km long, in 2014, the govt fixed a very bad portion on the approach of Ore which caused much nightmare to travellers; total lenght of the portion fixed was probably not up to 20km. So now I ask, how does fixing 20km out of a 250km dilapidated road translate into 'COMPLETING' the Benin - Sagamu project?... Or was my earlier question too difficult to understand?

Meanwhile, all the above roads you mentioned as 'Complete' are still being worked on presently, the current admin is also working on the Abuja-Lokoja road and the Benin-Sagamu road.

More importantly, road maintenance was a thing under GEJ with FERMA, especially on the interstates, well-plied routes. I don't see that anymore.
So because GEJ left power, you now assume FERMA has been scrapped?... Is that how you hate this givt so much? Haba bros! If you cant go to FERMA website, you can visit their twitter page please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects by obailala(m): 9:06am On Feb 28, 2018
Adekdammy:

Wish you said this during the last administration, one reason why pple will always bash apc is because they made it look like governance is as simple as abc while they were in opposition.

I actually agree that the pace of work is extremely slow and very disappointing, no difference from the last admin.
Re: List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects by obailala(m): 9:20am On Feb 28, 2018
Omeokachie:

"Even with the little bits of projects going on simultaneously everywhere, we still have large groups shouting to heaven that NO SINGLE development is happening in their domain."

It was all political with no real intention of achieving anything. You've made your point. Bye!
Its human behaviour, people will always complain of being left out, so the only way out is just to spread projects and execute them simultaneously to give everyone a sense of belonging.

1 Like

Re: List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects by LordAdam16: 9:22am On Feb 28, 2018
obailala:
[s]

"...the administration in 2011 had about 4,500 kilometres of fairly motorable roads, just as he explained that today [2015] the administration has about 25,000 kilometres of very good road...."

From my calculation, you are saying 21500km of roads were reconstructed to VERY GOOD STANDARDS between 2011 and 2015; that's about 5 times the distance of a straight road from Lagos to London. These amount of roads were constructed in Nigeria but not a single one was in the SE or SS (at least these are my areas of movement where I can attest to if I see the roads)?... probably the 21,500km of very good roads were constructed by GEJ in the north only, or maybe to Chad?... 21,500km? Can someone please remind me the total length of Nigeria's entire road network?... If a person can believe the above statement, a person who lives in Nigeria and experiences Nigerian roads first hand can swallow this kind of statement above, then I dont think it speaks too well of the level of intellects of such a person.

The Benin to Sagamu road is about 250km long, in 2014, the govt fixed a very bad portion on the approach of Ore which caused much nightmare to travellers; total lenght of the portion fixed was probably not up to 20km. So now I ask, how does fixing 20km out of a 250km dilapidated road translate into 'COMPLETING' the Benin - Sagamu project?... Or was my earlier question too difficult to understand?

Meanwhile, all the above roads you mentioned as 'Complete' are still being worked on presently, the current admin is also working on the Abuja-Lokoja road and the Benin-Sagamu road.

So because GEJ left power, you now assume FERMA has been scrapped?... Is that how you hate this givt so much? Haba bros! If you cant go to FERMA website, you can visit their twitter page please[/s].

I did not give those figures. The current Minister of State for Works appointed by Buhari did. He has facts and stats you are not privy to.

The Benin-Ore road starts in the SS. The Enugu-PortHarcourt road is in the SE/SS. These are roads GEJ worked on.

How are you sure it wasn't up to 20km? You just keep postulating. Unlike the Power sector, the Works ministry is still grappling with the scourge of lack of transparency. Federal roads are divided into sections. GEJ completed several sections of many Federal roads, and rehabilitated many others. That's how he added 21,500 KMs as attested to by Buhari's Minister.

I said I don't see them anymore, not that FERMA was scrapped. Under GEJ, the Benin Ore road was regularly maintained (once a year). That's the one I can attest to, I'm positive, some other federal roads around the country had the same treatment. Since PMB came in, that has stopped. This is a fact.

You don't live in Nigeria. And you were even saying 5km road is not an achievement because you live in a country with good roads. The bulk of Nigeria's economy rests on the informal sector. Transportation, haulage and the likes contribute immensely to the economy than they do in advanced countries. If the money spent on the NIPP had been spent on roads, 80% of roads would be tarred even with the corruption.

I've repeatedly said you're a corrupt hypocrite, and you never surprise me. I quote stats provided by a Minister of State for Works appointed by Buhari, and you scoff at it. Yet you don't have any facts to give and you don't live in Nigeria. Now why would a Buhari appointee give GEJ undue praise?

-Lord
Re: List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects by obailala(m): 9:44am On Feb 28, 2018
LordAdam16:

I did not give those figures. The current Minister of State for Works appointed by Buhari did. He has facts and stats you are not privy to.
Fashola was asked if he said truly said that and he laughed at the interviewer. It was actually the same Fashola that gave the analogy of a road built from Lagos-London 5 times to debunk the senseless falsehood.

[s]The Benin-Ore road starts in the SS. The Enugu-PortHarcourt road is in the SE/SS. These are roads GEJ worked on.

How are you sure it wasn't up to 20km? You just keep postulating. Unlike the Power sector, the Works ministry is still grappling with the scourge of lack of transparency. Federal roads are divided into sections. GEJ completed several sections of many Federal roads, and rehabilitated many others. That's how he added 21,500 KMs as attested to by Buhari's Minister.[/s]
I personally drove from Lagos to Onitsha in May 2015, that is why I know exactly the extent of the Benin Sagamu road that was fixed then, I wasnt told. A major bad spot on the approach of Ore (from Benin) was fixed smoothly, the repairs extended beyond Ore as well towards Sagamu. But in total, I doubt it was up to 20km. Fixing a tiny bit of a large road (albeit a very bad spot) isnt enough to just lump it up and say the whole road has been fixed. Oh I noe get your point, you now agree only a portion (sorry section) was fixed and completed. But you do not think the current government hasnt fixed any portion in any road in Nigeria currently?

I said I don't see them anymore, not that FERMA was scrapped. Under GEJ, the Benin Ore road was regularly maintained (once a year). That's the one I can attest to, I'm positive, some other federal roads around the country had the same treatment. Since PMB came in, that has stopped. This is a fact.
Mr Man, you only hypocritically see what you want to see; I directed you to go to FERMA's website or preferrably their twitter page. In there you will see that they are still very active, even more active than before.

You don't live in Nigeria. And you were even saying 5km road is not an achievement because you live in a country with good roads. The bulk of Nigeria's economy is built by the informal sector. Transportation, haulage and the likes contribute immensely to the economy than they do in advanced countries. If the money spent on the NIPP had been spent on roads, 80% of roads would be tarred even with the corruption.
Im sorry I would only count 5km roads as an achievement if it's coming from a state or local government. By the way, if you want to include 5km roads, thwn any government can boast of that.

I've repeatedly said you're a corrupt hypocrite, and you never surprise me. I quote stats provided by a Minister of State for Works appointed by Buhari, and you scoff at it. Yet you don't have any facts to give and you don't live in Nigeria. Now why would a Buhari appointee give GEJ undue praise?

-Lord
Mr Man, you are nothing but a bitter hypocritical bigot who sees nothing good outside his own sphere. By the way, the quote you gave was debunked by the minister, arent you tired of reading out fake reports and statistics from junl propaganda blogs like IgbereTv?. Shift abeg!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects by LordAdam16: 10:06am On Feb 28, 2018
obailala:
[s]Fashola was asked if he said truly said that and he laughed at the interviewer. It was actually the same Fashola that gave the analogy of a road built from Lagos-London 5 times to debunk the senseless falsehood.

I personally drove from Lagos to Onitsha in May 2015, that is why I know exactly the extent of the Benin Sagamu road that was fixed then, I wasnt told. A major bad spot on the approach of Ore (from Benin) was fixed smoothly, the repairs extended beyond Ore as well towards Sagamu. But in total, I doubt it was up to 20km. Fixing a tiny bit of a large road (albeit a very bad spot) isnt enough to just lump it up and say the whole road has been fixed. Oh I noe get your point, you now agree only a portion (sorry section) was fixed and completed. But you do not think the current government hasnt fixed any portion in any road in Nigeria currently?

Mr Man, you only hypocritically see what you want to see; I directed you to go to FERMA's website or preferrably their twitter page. In there you will see that they are still very active, even more active than before.

Im sorry I would only count 5km roads as an achievement if it's coming from a state or local government. By the way, if you want to include 5km roads, thwn any government can boast of that.

Mr Man, you are nothing but a bitter hypocritical bigot who sees nothing good outside his own sphere. By the way, the quote you gave was debunked by the minister, arent you tired of reading out fake reports and statistics from junl propaganda blogs like IgbereTv?. Shift abeg![/s]

Is the current Minister of State for Works, Fashola? In my post, I clearly typed who said it, and you are mentioning another person... As clear as I was, and as many times as I reiterated it, you still missed it.

You are so f*cking daft!

Again you say you doubt, did you f*cking measure it. I deal on facts not speculation. So don't tell me you doubt. Give me a concrete verifiable figure. Have you ever seen a federal road rehabilitated?

And you're talking about Twitter updates after January 23rd, 2018 when Bashir Ahmad announced that FERMA would commence repairs of federal roads. https://twitter.com/BashirAhmaad/status/956070692801433602 . It even had a thread on NL FP. Since 2015. They resumed in 2018 because of elections. See why I always bring up your nonsensical lack of information.

FERMA38Ops started in December 2017 -- https://twitter.com/FedRoadsNGR/status/955341438807629826. Since 2015. And according to Buhari's New Year address, FERMA was reconstituted to carry out the road repairs for only 12 weeks. https://twitter.com/AsoRock/status/955365605477113856.

Only 12 weeks!

I'm talking about annual, regular maintenance, and you're talking about 12-weeks window dressing for 2019 elections.

You don't even know who the Minister for State for Works is? And where the statement was even made, on Channels. This is the kind of silly stupid propaganda you fell for in 2015 in whatever place you holed yourself in. And you want to continue the misinformation. Corrupt, daft hypocrite!

You don't even know the total length of Nigeria's federal road network, when it is freely available on the net.

-Lord
Re: List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects by deji17: 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Re: List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects by famosh: 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2018
[

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Train Compare To PDP Train After 16 Years In Power / Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman / Tinubu On Oxygen In France Hospital.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.