Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,921 members, 7,903,004 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 09:47 PM

Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson (1901 Views)

Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine / Pharmacists: The Drug Experts / Your Experience When You Have Wicklo And The Drug You Used (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by doraDORA: 11:52pm On Apr 26, 2010
For more information, please check http://www.propofoldictionary.info sad
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by RogkkMoore: 8:22am On Apr 27, 2010
Michael Jackson messed himself up with a cocktale of drugs to the extent that he became addicted to painkillers! I wouldn't know why he became so addicted, but the use of Propofol, a dangerous intravenous anaesthetic, was one too many! R.I.P Whacko Jacko.
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by isonlagba: 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2010
Don't forget the fact that Whacko Jacko was also a renowned isomniac who for a long time depended on sedatives to sleep. Propofol, from what I've just learnt - an anesthetic drug ONLY to be used under surgical conditions - combined with sedatives can turn sleep into death!
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by SAfrica201: 7:23pm On Apr 28, 2010
Well, Michael lived a bizzare, outlandish life! But at the end of the day, something must kill somebody, isn't it?? Michael, R.I.P jare!!!
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by AlanBrown: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2010
Micheal Jackson, the late King of Pop, lived a troubled life. He was someone really crying out for help, but instead the whole world turned him into a deity! cry
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by Milmascara: 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2010
From what I've read now, Propofol should ONLY be used under monitored surgical condition, but was administed on the late megastar under domestic conditions! Sad. sad
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by doraDORA: 7:56am On Apr 30, 2010
Yeah, adminstering propofol under 'domestic' conditions - without a life support machine or anaesthetist nearby - can be extremely dangerous and this was confirmed in Michael Jackson's case. Hence his doctor, Dr. Murray, is facing court charges for involuntrary manslaughter because, let's face it, he should have known better! So sad really, he allowed MJ to die like a chicken!! lipsrsealed
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by billydkidd: 11:45am On Apr 30, 2010
Whacko Jacko killed himself as far as I'm concerned! grin
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by onecolumn: 11:14pm On May 01, 2010
[b]Propofol or puff puff or whatever you call it, [/b]something is bound to kill everybody one day. Please let Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, sorry, I mean the King of Controversies, rest in piece. Thank U
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by JustdoIt1: 5:22pm On May 02, 2010
Thanks, I've really learnt a lot about this Michael Jackson drug.
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by obarodeghe: 11:14pm On May 02, 2010
Absolutely incredible!!!
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by lallafati(f): 4:46am On May 03, 2010
isonlagba:

Don't forget the fact that Whacko Jacko was also a renowned isomniac who for a long time depended on sedatives to sleep. Propofol, from what I've just learnt - an anesthetic drug ONLY to be used under surgical conditions - combined with sedatives can turn sleep into death!

It's also used for sedation in patients on mechanical ventilation (who can't breathe on their own) in intensive care units, but yes under careful monitoring and a sedation holiday (turn off the drug for a minute to assess that there is "somebody" there).
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by Dxxyabdc66: 4:30pm On May 03, 2010
The weird one, Michael Jackson, died from prolonged use or abuse of self - medication. Propofol is indeed very, very dangerous and should not be toyed with. We may also blame his doctor that gave him access to the dangerous drug!
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by TinaTurner: 9:31pm On May 03, 2010
Please and please, leave dear MJ alone to rest in perfect peace for once! He deserves it after all the hard work, money and controversies while alive ruling the planet earth!!
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by AwojobiA: 2:06pm On May 04, 2010
Propofol is indeed a dangerous drug! Thanks
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by unclesam99: 12:10pm On May 14, 2010
Michael, despite his God - given immense talents was too artificial and was probably his own archille's heel - Propofol or no propofol!
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by Eeyore1: 11:30pm On May 17, 2010
The question is, how did MJ come to be in possession of this dangerous drug?
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by angeloxxx: 10:51pm On May 21, 2010
Sad, really sad that the drug was not properly administered on MJ - the doctor should be held responsible!
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by SLIGHT(m): 8:48pm On May 23, 2010
Propofol is very dangerous, yes we know, but how many people can afford it?? An averge 9ja man wudn't waste his money on this just for sleep,
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by obarodeghe: 11:31pm On May 27, 2010
Having read all the very detailed information on Propofol, I can now appreciate why MJ's doctor is being accused of involuntary manslaughter. Poor Michael, but bless him. No man is perfect.
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by MJacksons: 8:54am On Jun 04, 2010
I think the drug should be banned for killing my namesake! Yes!!
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by catdollsz: 3:50am On Jun 10, 2010
From what I've read now at the site, Propofol is real dangerous - how then did it get into Michael's hands? lipsrsealed
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by lallafati(f): 4:13am On Jun 10, 2010
catdollsz:

From what I've read now at the site, Propofol is real dangerous - how then did it get into Michael's hands? lipsrsealed

By enablers: doctors who can get their hands on those kind of drugs and many other drugs more or less dangerous quite easily using their influence. There is a network of physicians whose main clientele is those celebrities, and feeding their drug use is one of the ways they make a living. A lot of those celebs are often not emotionally strong and of course get easily manipulated by those doctors. Drug abuse is much more prevalent in american upper class, wealthy, and affluent circles than we think, difference is the kind of drugs, not cocaine or crack, or marijuana but prescriptions drugs.
In MJ's case, remember that his doc (who already had professional problems in another state) did not call the paramedics on time, and did not even start resuscitation until MJ had stopped breathing, and when he did start cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, he did it on the bed, which makes it not effective (needs to be done on a hard surface for the heart to be pumped and massaged effectively, not on a soft surface like a mattress).
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by kosalabaro: 1:00am On Jun 12, 2010
Oh, Dear MJ, he toyed with Propofol and he died!
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by DoctriceF: 7:49am On Jul 02, 2010
Propofol is indeed very dangerous and Michael's doctor should never have allowed a domestic use on Michael. Sad. sad
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by obarodeghe: 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2010
Yeah, after reading the information at the site, now I know that propofol is a real killer and should not be toyed with at all! About 2 weeks ago, precisely June 25, 2010 was the one year anniversary of MJ's death. May his gentle, but 'troubled' soul now find eternal peace. Amen.
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by bigshowsz: 12:26am On Aug 15, 2010
Propofol is a very dangerous drug and should NEVER[color=#000099][/color] be used domestically!
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by unclesam99: 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2010
Thanks! Until now, I don't think I've ever heard of Propofol before! Oh Michael, he was just too artificial - plastic surgeries, amphetamines, hormone-inducing injections etc, etc
Re: Propofol - Learn One Or Two Things About The Drug That Killed Michael Jackson by angeloxxx: 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2010
PROPOFOL - Oh, What a really dangerous drug indeed! ThANKS for educating us and Michael, what a loss to the world![b][/b] sad

(1) (Reply)

How To Increase Male Organ? / Doctors In The House, Please I Need Your Helps? And Am Really Worried About It. / 8 Common Foods That Increase Sperm Fertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.