Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,153 members, 7,887,346 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:12 AM

FG To Tackle Human Trafficking With Carrot, Stick Approach — Senate Pres. Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Tackle Human Trafficking With Carrot, Stick Approach — Senate Pres. Saraki (284 Views)

Buhari Loyalists Kick Against Adedayo’s Appointment As Spokesman For Senate Pres / I Sympathize With CCT Chairman Over His Case With EFCC – Senate Pres. Saraki / Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FG To Tackle Human Trafficking With Carrot, Stick Approach — Senate Pres. Saraki by ToriBaze: 9:17am On Feb 28, 2018
Dr. Bukola Saraki has said that the Federal Government will adopt the carrot and stick approach to curb the menace of irregular migration and human trafficking in the country.

President of the Nigerian 8th Senate, Dr. Bukola Sarakisaraki
He also raised the alarm over what he described as the enslavement of Nigerians in foreign countries through the activities of human traffickers, saying that the situation was an indication that something is clearly  “Wrong in the way we manage citizens’ security, border security as well as international cooperation and collaboration.”
He spoke yesterday in Benin City, Edo State, at the all stakeholders’ Senate Roundtable on Migration and Human Trafficking.
He said: “I must stress, however, that this is not a blame game. The idea is to collaborate in a responsible manner, to make certain that agencies in Africa, Europe and the wider world are not failing in their duties on this issue.
“Let me make it abundantly clear that Nigeria is willing to collaborate with all countries of the world on irregular migration. With our international partners, we should be able to work out a carrot-and-stick approach that gives our people the incentive to stay on the continent and thrive.
“Every human being deserves his or her own place under the sun and for many, that place under the sun is here, in Africa, but they have to stay in order to find it.”

http://toribaze.com/naija-news/fg-tackle-human-trafficking-with-carrot-stick-approach-senate-pres-saraki/

© ToriBaze Media

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: FG To Tackle Human Trafficking With Carrot, Stick Approach — Senate Pres. Saraki by chuksjuve(m): 9:24am On Feb 28, 2018
I am FTC again!!! grin

Mr SP, it's a nice move though but you should do more to make the country conducive for Nigerians ..

Provide adequate security
A good business environment
Citizen friendly policies and watch how people will stay glued in this country and Investors falling over themselves to come and do business here..

I have advised you enough ...

Contact us for your Beautifications , Gardening and Horticulture projects ..
Re: FG To Tackle Human Trafficking With Carrot, Stick Approach — Senate Pres. Saraki by Lipscomb(m): 9:27am On Feb 28, 2018
Who is talking thunder fire you there.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: We're Targeting Food Sufficiency Era / Aisha Buhari Happy As Son Returns From Medical Trip / Boko Haram War: Military Reviews Information Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.