Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

Now Is Keeping Beard A Sin, Esp If Done Moderately.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Now Is Keeping Beard A Sin, Esp If Done Moderately.... (847 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard / Best Man Chased Out Of Wedding Ceremony At RCCG Aba For Having Full Beard / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now Is Keeping Beard A Sin, Esp If Done Moderately.... by dna4ril(m): 1:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
Good day fellas..Am a child of God, i bliv in doing the right tins as outlined by the scriptures bt esp doing dem out of personal conviction.I attend rccg , my parents re senior pastors in rccg and am 28yrs old.

Until ystday, i hadnt seen my parents this yr.cos i stay in lag while der re faraway elsewer. They came for the ongoing SHGS ,so I tot to attend and see dem..I had high hopes on God, came expecting as am currently seeking God for answers to questions in my life and tot the prog wil do just that.

So i prayd oo that God grant me favo before dem wen i see dem and everyoda person that i will see again in a long while.The moment i stepd in the house at the camp, my dad served me with this cold attitude, i was wandering, what av i done, dou he replied.my mum answered moderately.

Then this morning, i got to know why all that attitude.during the evening session ystday with pastor Adeboye he reiterated how he personaly doesnt like persons with beards, that such persons cant be close to him, azin very very close but that its isnt wrong thou, that its nt just his thing.He cud only aford to keep such pple at arms lent.

This morning my mum came lashing out on me, "i dnt no why u like doing things ur own way, ""you av changed, u dnt allow God, this is not the same -name-
i used to know". nd am like how mummy?den she goes "this thing on ur face whats it all about?".am like mummy , its nt that now, this that, trying to make her see how moderate i kept dem, cos i stil get the point they tryn to pass across nd all.

Den my dad opened up, upon hearing the convasatn wth my mum"i alwz new u were sturbon,this dart"u look like bokoharam pple"wht do u want pple to say abt us"

And am like seriosly? Now to mysef"so this is bad, or sinful which one"...cos a man said its nt his style so its sinful..as i ws pndering on that i began to get boiled in my spirit..contemplating leaving the camp and going back to my base in lag, bt i tot that will be foolish of me and rude to dem..

whatabt my personal convictions abt this program with God..Am i really being disobedient..i was plannng on going to the 76 hours marathon praise jam held in honour of pa Adeboye wen they return. Bt wth this, am angry at dem and feel like a rebellious child now, is it really still needed.All the hopes of fun, lafta, play, discusion i tot i was gonna av wth dem seeing dem first time this yr, all gone...

Meanwhile, i started keeping this moderate beard when i realised i felt more confident and smart in it .now i dnt mind sacrificing my desires for it if its worth it, i mean if keeping it is sinful now from all av said, neida do i want to live my life based on what my parents opinion.
Do i visit the barbers shop asap to get rid of all this to satisfy dem?
Do i just go home asap wth the whole drama, wil that be a wise move?
Do i stil stay around bt leave the beard?

What do i do now...
Re: Now Is Keeping Beard A Sin, Esp If Done Moderately.... by gmajor10(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
2 Samuel 10:5

When they told it to David, he sent to meet them, for the men were greatly humiliated. And the king said, "Stay at Jericho until your beards grow, and then return."

Leviticus (19:27):

“You shall not cut the hair on the sides of your heads, neither shall you clip off the edge of your beard.”

It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments (Psalm 133:2)

Beards have nothing to do with salvation. Growing a beard won’t save your soul. The only thing that will save you is placing your faith in Christ (and if you haven’t done so, please do!). Likewise, shaving a beard won’t make you lose your salvation. So let’s get this out of the way up-front. I don’t want you to get confused by this article.

Not all men can grow full beards. Some men simply cannot grow full beards due to their natural genetics (or even no facial hair at all). If you can’t grow a beard, then fine. God didn’t allow you to do it, so don’t fret over it. It has nothing to do with salvation, and God himself created you the way you are. This article isn’t meant to belittle or condemn you. You are just as manly as a man who grows a beard. You have no obligation to do what you can’t do.

God is far more concerned with the inward instead of the outward. God looks at the heart, not external things. Nevertheless, the Bible does have a lot of advice on outward appearances too. So it is important to avoid asking “Can’t I do what I want due to grace?” Rather, we should ask, “What would God have me do?”
We are not under law, but under grace. We aren’t saved by works of the law, but of God’s grace. Nevertheless, we should seek God’s word and opinion on all things, including our dress, and so forth.

Many Godly men don’t have beards (by choice). There are plenty of Godly men in the world who can grow beards, but simply prefer not to. Adrian Rogers, one of the best preachers in modern history, didn’t grow a beard. I admire him tremendously. He is but one quick example of a Godly man in modern times that doesn’t sport facial hair. Also, it’s worth mentioning that some men may not be able to grow a beard due to their occupations (such as working with food, chemicals, etc.). That’s understandable, and sometimes you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do.
Most all men of the Bible had beards, even Jesus. Though beards are not required for salvation, it’s interesting to note that nearly all men in the Bible had beards.
God’s word reveals that beards are a blessing to men, which is sadly forgotten in today’s age. While not required, growing a beard can, in a sense, give honor and glory to a God who created man with that ability. Not out of requirement, not out of salvation, but out of appreciation for God giving man that distinction. Just like women are generally blessed with long/thick hair, and the ability to bear children–so are men blessed with the ability to grow thick facial hair.

1 Like

Re: Now Is Keeping Beard A Sin, Esp If Done Moderately.... by gmajor10(m): 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
dna4ril:
Good day fellas..Am a child of God, i bliv in doing the right tins as outlined by the scriptures bt esp doing dem out of personal conviction.I attend rccg , my parents re senior pastors in rccg and am 28yrs old.

Until ystday, i hadnt seen my parents this yr.cos i stay in lag while der re faraway elsewer. They came for the ongoing SHGS ,so I tot to attend and see dem..I had high hopes on God, came expecting as am currently seeking God for answers to questions in my life and tot the prog wil do just that.

So i prayd oo that God grant me favo before dem wen i see dem and everyoda person that i will see again in a long while.The moment i stepd in the house at the camp, my dad served me with this cold attitude, i was wandering, what av i done, dou he replied.my mum answered moderately.

Then this morning, i got to know why all that attitude.during the evening session ystday with pastor Adeboye he reiterated how he personaly doesnt like persons with beards, that such persons cant be close to him, azin very very close but that its isnt wrong thou, that its nt just his thing.He cud only aford to keep such pple at arms lent.

This morning my mum came lashing out on me, "i dnt no why u like doing things ur own way, ""you av changed, u dnt allow God, this is not the same -name-
i used to know". nd am like how mummy?den she goes "this thing on ur face whats it all about?".am like mummy , its nt that now, this that, trying to make her see how moderate i kept dem, cos i stil get the point they tryn to pass across nd all.

Den my dad opened up, upon hearing the convasatn wth my mum"i alwz new u were sturbon,this dart"u look like bokoharam pple"wht do u want pple to say abt us"

And am like seriosly? Now to mysef"so this is bad, or sinful which one"...cos a man said its nt his style so its sinful..as i ws pndering on that i began to get boiled in my spirit..contemplating leaving the camp and going back to my base in lag, bt i tot that will be foolish of me and rude to dem..

whatabt my personal convictions abt this program with God..Am i really being disobedient..i was plannng on going to the 76 hours marathon praise jam held in honour of pa Adeboye wen they return. Bt wth this, am angry at dem and feel like a rebellious child now, is it really still needed.All the hopes of fun, lafta, play, discusion i tot i was gonna av wth dem seeing dem first time this yr, all gone...

Meanwhile, i started keeping this moderate beard when i realised i felt more confident and smart in it .now i dnt mind sacrificing my desires for it if its worth it, i mean if keeping it is sinful now from all av said, neida do i want to live my life based on what my parents opinion.
Do i visit the barbers shop asap to get rid of all this to satisfy dem?
Do i just go home asap wth the whole drama, wil that be a wise move?
Do i stil stay around bt leave the beard?

What do i do now...

Please read what I posted above, it might help.

1 Like

Re: Now Is Keeping Beard A Sin, Esp If Done Moderately.... by showstopperss(m): 2:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
it is well bro..with respect to our parents out there, most of them are so religious and care more of what people will say rather than listening to their own kids...they shd understand every youths will always act as one ...the best they can do is to show us love,encourage us and keep praying for us not to impose their religious beliefs on us, it wont work, my parents are into ministry too and we experience such too but we ensure we make them understands ..moderation is key in all things according to the bible, with time things will change..just keep focus ,onelove

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adegboye says God wants him to run for presidency in 2019 / This In Fact Is The Highest Mystery Of All Time And The Greatest Earth Wonder / PROSPERITY SCHOOL: Become A Candidate For Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.