Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,723 members, 7,924,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 10:03 AM

We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari (22451 Views)

Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There / We Spent The Last Two Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met – Buhari / Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by bezimo(m): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
Thunder fire you there stupid Bingohari...
Does this man have a cow brain or something..

You have reversed the gains of the PDP administration by your chronic ethnoreligiousbigotry, stupidity and incompetence..please dont dig further and get set to be bundled back to daura were you belong..you were a monumental mistake that Nigerians will forever regret and cannot afford to repeat..
Stupid idiot..

I gave you the benefit of doubt when you started in 2015 that you will do better than GEJ..but alas and obviously to blind you have taken Nigeria deeper into frustration, poverty and hopelesssness and performed worse than GEJ. Useless buhari..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by dbanjj1629(m): 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Noted Mr President. waiting patiently for 2019.
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by dbanjj1629(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
Noted Mr President. we are Waiting patiently for 2019
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Tobycharles: 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2018
Just change the OUT to INTO mess
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by joachincj: 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
[b][/b]

Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Dav24(m): 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
Trash talk, your government did not only dig but put Nigerians inside the deepest hole. All hopes of recovery will be completely dash if you rig yourself into power come 2019
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by adahgold(m): 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
Buhari stop saying that rubbish you a big failure.
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by bigfish3k: 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
Moorish:
Let an honest man or woman reply these questions

Is oil our national mainstay?

How much was oil per barrel during the last regime ?

How much is it this present regime?

Are the criticisms on buhari’s government truly justified?

why are u talking about oil. did we beg him to promise heaven on earth?
so if we don't have oil we will not progress again
countries that don't have oil are suffering abi

ok , how much was fuel in the last regime compared to now (190 - 87) = 103
u see, a difference of N103, has this not made up for any international shortfall of crude plus other monies from TSA, N50 charge on bank deposits etc
so its the trial and error economic policies that killed the economy not oil price as u lots BMC are shouting
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by korrej(m): 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
I hope he doesn't want us to vote for him again...then he would take another years to clean his own mess...
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Timfreds(m): 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
Buhari must fall into the pit he is digging for nigeria, insha Allah.
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Moorish: 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2018
bigfish3k:

why are u talking about oil. did we beg him to promise heaven on earth?
so if we don't have oil we will not progress again
countries that don't have oil are suffering abi

ok , how much was fuel in the last regime compared to now (190 - 87) = 103
u see, a difference of N103, has this not made up for any international shortfall of crude plus other monies from TSA, N50 charge on bank deposits etc
so its the trial and error economic policies that killed the economy not oil price as u lots BMC are shouting

It would be dishonest of you to say the oil price crash did not affect our economy.

I am presently in Canada.

Even they were affected by the oil price crash

I’m not saying Buhari is competent, but I feel we should be honest and objective in our criticisms
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Timfreds(m): 9:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
Moorish:

It would be dishonest of you to say the oil price crash did not affect our economy.

I’m not saying Buhari is competent, but I feel we should be honest and objective in our criticisms

Nothing to be objective about. Bubu is a technically defeated failure.
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by lereinter(m): 9:58pm On Feb 28, 2018
buhari ori e o pe
i think he is suffering from an incurable disease
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by bigfish3k: 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2018
Moorish:

what about the differences in pump price of fuel here and other tax that they are collecting the former regime wasn't collecting. it should be able to make up if not surpass the difference they are claiming in international crude sales.
do u know that our debt profile now is more than 16 trillion from the former 8 trillion naira

I don't want to give this regime any room for excuse they are grossly incompetent

2 Likes

Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by shedy03(m): 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
FarahAideed:
The mess you met us in fuel was 87 naira a litre , Bag of rice 7000 , dollar 220 , Toyota Corrola 4.5 million and now the mess you have dug us deeper into Fuel is now 190 naira , Dollar 365 and Toyota corrolla 22 million Naira... Buhari take your evil shovel back to Daura because the only thing you have dug for Nigerians is graves , insecurity, and poverty.
wallai
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2018
Tell me one good thing Buhari has achieved in 3 yrs? No sector has seen improvement. Can you imagine using subscription of govt bonds to evaluate his tenure. This people must think we are all morons. I laugh.
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by hedonistic: 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
Moorish:
Let an honest man or woman reply these questions

Is oil our national mainstay?

How much was oil per barrel during the last regime ?

How much is it this present regime?

Are the criticisms on buhari’s government truly justified?

Since you seem to like questions, and assuming you're an honest man, then I have a few questions for you too.

Is the price of fuel tied to the price of crude oil?

If it is, then how come fuel was cheaper (N65/N95/N85 per litre) when crude oil prices were higher under the previous administration, compared to now when crude oil prices are lower and YET we're buying fuel for more than N145 per litre?

Is it true that inflation happens when there is excess money (courtesy of higher crude oil prices) chasing relatively few goods?

If so, then how come general/essential commodity prices (including locally produced foodstuff, groceries, staples etc) are now FAR more expensive under this current regime of lower crude oil prices and lower government revenues (supposedly) than the previous regime of high oil prices? Why is there a greater level of inflation under this regime even though the price of crude (and by extension l, government income) is lower than the previous regime?
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
Moorish:

Oil price will always come up and go down. Unless you're also being dishonest, this guy has no excuse. He is always blaming everyone. I guess we can see how his 2019 campaign will go. Blame GEJ, blame OBJ, blame Dieziani, blame PDP,blame oil price. The fact is that all those Pple have done their own and gone. He can as well blame Aguyi Ironsi. Joke of a leader.
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by precious1967(m): 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
what was d price of fuel and what was naira to dollar when he came on board? shame.

1 Like

Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Moorish: 10:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
hedonistic:

Since you seem to like questions, and assuming you're an honest man, then I have a few questions for you too.

Is the price of fuel tied to the price of crude oil?

If it is, then how come fuel was cheaper (N65/N95/N85 per litre) when crude oil prices were higher under the previous administration, compared to now when crude oil prices are lower and YET we're buying fuel for more than N145 per litre?

Is it true that inflation happens when there is excess money (courtesy of higher crude oil prices) chasing relatively few goods?

If so, then how come general/essential commodity prices (including locally produced foodstuff, groceries, staples etc) are now FAR more expensive under this current regime of lower crude oil prices and lower government revenues (supposedly) than the previous regime of high oil prices? Why is there a greater level of inflation under this regime even though the price of crude (and by extension l, government income) is lower than the previous regime?

I think the previous government made more money from crude oil exports due to the high price at the time, and Consumer spending was also higher, because of the availability of disposable income.

Remember that most of the commodities we consume are dollar based commodities. With a fall in crude oil prices, commodity prices will always go up because we have less of the dollar and have to spend more of our scarcely available dollar to bring in dollar based commodities.

The scarcer a foreign currency in a country, the more valuable that currency is.
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Moorish: 10:44pm On Feb 28, 2018
12inches1:

Oil price will always come up and go down. Unless you're also being dishonest, this guy has no excuse. He is always blaming everyone. I guess we can see how his 2019 campaign will go. Blame GEJ, blame OBJ, blame Dieziani, blame PDP,blame oil price. The fact is that all those Pple have done their own and gone. He can as well blame Aguyi Ironsi. Joke of a leader.

I am hardly a buhari apologist or fan. But we should be fair. The past administrations did not prepare for this rainy day, and assumed the oil prices would remain thesame.
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Moorish: 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
bigfish3k:

what about the differences in pump price of fuel here and other tax that they are collecting the former regime wasn't collecting. it should be able to make up if not surpass the difference they are claiming in international crude sales.
do u know that our debt profile now is more than 16 trillion from the former 8 trillion naira

I don't want to give this regime any room for excuse they are grossly incompetent
Pump sales (Naira) cannot compare to crude oil sales (USD)
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
Moorish:

I am hardly a buhari apologist or fan. But we should be fair. The past administrations did not prepare for this rainy day, and assumed the oil prices would remain thesame.
Fair and do what? Vote this guy in again. If Buhari does another 4 years I prophesy (predict) that a lot more Nigerians will result into begging in the streets and I'm no pastor.
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Moorish: 11:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
12inches1:

Fair and do what? Vote this guy in again. If Buhari does another 4 years I prophesy (predict) that a lot more Nigerians will result into begging in the streets and I'm no pastor.
I did not say vote buhari. I am saying we should be fair in our assessment. Personally, I am looking with interest at Donald Duke, and I hope he can truly run for president.

All oil based economies suffered, from canada, venezuala to nigeria.

The oil price crash shrunk those economies. You can look it up
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by hedonistic: 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2018
Moorish:

I think the previous government made more money from crude oil exports due to the high price at the time, and Consumer spending was also higher, because of the availability of disposable income.

Remember that most of the commodities we consume are dollar based commodities. With a fall in crude oil prices, commodity prices will always go up because we have less of the dollar and have to spend more of our scarcely available dollar to bring in dollar based commodities.

The scarcer a foreign currency in a country, the more valuable that currency is.

These kinds of circular arguments show how confused we are as a people. Crude oil prices fall, we're doomed. Crude oil prices rise, we're also doomed. Where's the role of leadership in all of this? We can't keep making silly roundabout excuses for Buhari's woeful failure.
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2018
Moorish:

I did not say vote buhari. I am saying we should be fair in our assessment. Personally, I am looking with interest at Donald Duke, and I hope he can truly run for president.

All oil based economies suffered, from canada, venezuala to nigeria.

The oil price crash shrunk those economies. You can look it up
At least we agree on one thing i.e Donald Duke. I have come to realize that what party you are in is irrelevant in Nigeria. The politicians criss-cross along political parties anyway be it APC, PDP or APGA. It would be such a shame on Tinubu and Yoruba people as a whole. I sometimes what Tinubu is thinking still supporting a gross leadership failure like Buhari. I always thought of Tinubu to be very intelligent.

Quote: "A bad workman always blames his tools"
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by sekem: 11:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sai Baba

Nigeria's one and only incorruptible leader

You will continue to lead till 2023
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Moorish: 11:21pm On Feb 28, 2018
hedonistic:

These kinds of circular arguments show how confused we are as a people. Crude oil prices fall, we're doomed. Crude oil prices rise, we're also doomed. Where's the role of leadership in all of this? We can't keep making silly roundabout excuses for Buhari's woeful failure.

It is not a buhari thing alone. I personally think, all the leaders prior to buhari failed to diversify our economy.

Canada, an oil based economy, and also a developed country, are now investing heavily in IT, the oil crash also hit them hard.
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by Ken4agent(m): 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
Obj said the same and was given 2nd term, Gej said the same after completing Yardua term and was granted his fresh term......this type of assertion is becoming old fassion cos the country was, is and still in a mess grin grin
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by SirLakes: 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
Technically you are still digging ehn

Ride on Sir undecided
Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by wakeupafricanyo: 12:12am On Mar 01, 2018
DANKWAMBO 2019

1 Like

Re: We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari by thunderbabs: 12:17am On Mar 01, 2018
Buhari always talking nonsense that makes no sense xcept to himself. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Release Evidence Of Christian Boko Haram Members, CAN Tells Zulum / Nigerian And Thai Wife Charged With Smuggling Crystal Meth In Thailand / Lagos APC Faults Jandor For Visiting Traffic Offenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.