Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,872 members, 7,909,267 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:19 PM

22nd Convocation And Award Of Degrees Of The University Of Abuja - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 22nd Convocation And Award Of Degrees Of The University Of Abuja (508 Views)

30days To NOUN Convocation And No Graduation List Yet. R They Serious At All? / Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics / Acheiver University Owo 7th Convocation And 10 Years Aniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

22nd Convocation And Award Of Degrees Of The University Of Abuja by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
22nd Convocation and Award of Degrees of the University of Abuja...Saturday, February 24, 2018

Pastor WF Kumuyi after being conferred with Honourary Doctorate Degree of Science, is here delivering the appreciation speech on behalf of other recipients...

FOR THE RECORD

APPRECIATION SPEECH BY PASTOR W. F. KUMUYI, GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT, DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH ON BEHALF OF THE AWARDEES ON THE OCCASION OF AWARD OF HONORARY DOCTORATE DEGREE (HONORIS CAUSA) BY THE MANAGEMENT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, NIGERIA, DURING THE 22ND CONVOCATION CEREMONY, ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2018.

The Visitor, His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Chancellor, His Highness, Alhaji Shehu Idris.
The Pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Governing Council, Alhaji Sani Maikudi.
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Michael Adikwu.
Vice Chancellors of other Universities present.
Deputy Vice Chancellors, University of Abuja.
The Registrar, University of Abuja.
Deans, Directors and Heads of Department.
Other Members of the Senate.
The Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff.
Parents and Guardians.
Graduands and Students.
Members of the Press.
Distinguished Guests.
Ladies and Gentlemen.

We, the Awardees are extremely happy to be associated with this prestigious institution of learning, especially on this momentous occasion of its 22nd Convocation Ceremony as one of Nigeria’s topmost Universities.

We thank the Chancellor, the Governing Council and the Senate of the University of Abuja for bestowing on me and my co-awardees the Honorary Doctorate Degrees of this distinguished University. Let me say for myself and on behalf of the others as well, that we are honoured to be associated with the University of Abuja in this exceptional way from this day forward. We really appreciate the recognition and we are pleased for the opportunity to contribute to the development of the institution from this privileged status of special Alumni.

I pray that the University of Abuja will not lack human, material, financial and spiritual resources to attain greater heights. We will continue to contribute our quota to the development of the University community with commitment and passion.

The University of Abuja is unique for several reasons:
➢ For instance, it is the University that best reflects our national unity from the benefit of its location in the Federal Capital Territory.
➢ The motto - “Unity and Scholarship” is very apt and one that I am truly delighted to identify with.
➢ In my various endeavours, and with every opportunity available to me, I have sought to promote the unity of our beloved country. And it is remarkable to see that over the 30 years since the founding of this University, it has been a good model of the harmonious and peaceful relationship that can exist among the diverse people of this greatly endowed country.
➢ Also, the fact that the University now ranks as one of the best in the country and that most of the courses offered, secured the hard-earned accreditation from the National Universities Commission (NUC), these facts attest to the institution’s serious commitment to scholarship.

In addition, the University of Abuja is one among a few to organize a grand convocation ceremony.

This is a testimony to the University's fairness, lack of sentiment and good sense of judgment. The fact that we have thousands of graduates today is an undeniable evidence that the University is fulfilling its obligations in all fronts and contributing massively to national development. And to state the obvious, this University is seated at the centre of our great nation, Nigeria. Therefore, it shall continue to be an unparalleled centre for academic excellence.

To the graduands, I would like to congratulate you all for achieving Bachelors, Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy qualifications and degrees. Having come this far, I charge you not to rest on your laurels because the journey continues. Do not be afraid to think big or dream big. Have faith in God. With God all things are possible. Nigeria has many opportunities; despite the challenges we face as a nation today. You must be determined to use the knowledge that you have gained at this great University to help transform our nation into the global economic powerhouse that it is destined to be.

I also commend your parents and guardians for their sacrifices to support your education, and the University Administration and Faculty for the hard work behind today’s achievement. You have now been inducted to a lifetime of learning by means of your education in this university. As you go on to broaden your knowledge, skills and experiences in the course of life, you will soon discover how immensely rewarding the competencies you began to nurture from your university days can become. Wherever you go and whatever you do, with formal employment or entrepreneurial success, never forget that you are duty bound to be good ambassadors of this great Institution.

In conclusion, let me say that the University of Abuja deserves the support of all – the Alumni, Stakeholders and Friends, to continue the great work of promoting national unity and offering quality learning. All hands should be joined together to provide lacking structures and indispensable facilities required for academic excellence. We must focus on our vision and have faith. With our belief, ambition, determination and the fear of God, we can make University of Abuja better.

I pray that the Almighty God will bless this institution and raise it up to very great heights; and I pray for the staff and students, as well as the graduands, that you all may know and fear the Lord, and possess His righteousness, as the only assurance of lasting peace, happiness and success.

Once again, we appreciate the University of Abuja for the award of Honorary Doctorate Degrees.

Courtesy of Ebrika John Friday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 22nd Convocation And Award Of Degrees Of The University Of Abuja by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:30am On Jan 08, 2022
Impact 2022 || Day 4 Morning Session || January 08, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBq9GkE3mgQ
Re: 22nd Convocation And Award Of Degrees Of The University Of Abuja by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:15am On Jan 09, 2022
Impact 2022 || Day 5 Morning || Jan 09, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqzR6g12-6I
Re: 22nd Convocation And Award Of Degrees Of The University Of Abuja by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2022
Impact 2022 || Day 5 Evening || Jan 09, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYxH6lW2qIY

(1) (Reply)

$2,000 Prizes At Leadership Essay Competition Organised By UONGOZI Institute / Please Between Agriculture Economic And Extension And Animal Science? / On The On-going College Of Medicine Protest – Adeyoose Sola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.