Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,271 members, 7,947,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 04:27 PM

God Wants To Know You! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Wants To Know You! (566 Views)

God Wants Me To Kill My Dad / Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. / A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Wants To Know You! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2010
[center]God Wants to Know You![/center]

God Wants to Know YouIt is amazing to me that the living God wants to have an intimate relationship with His children. The psalmist David wrote of God’s invitation to us, “Come and talk with me” (Psalm 27:cool.

, When Jesus and His disciples visited Martha and Mary in Bethany, Mary sat at the Lord’s feet, but Martha was “distracted by the big dinner she was preparing” (Luke 10:40). When she confronted Jesus with her frustration over Mary’s lack of help, Jesus replied, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details. There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it and it will not be taken from her” (Luke 10:41-42).

In essence, Jesus teaches that the best thing, “the only thing worth being concerned about,” is sitting at His feet. What Martha was doing was good, but it was a distraction, and it was keeping her from the best. It is certainly not wrong to do good, but when the good competes with or keeps us from our devotional time with the Lord, then we must be sure that we choose the “one thing” that is best.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor W.f. Kumuyi Declear One Day Fasting And Prayer 4 Jos & Nigeria In General / Are You Born Again? / Praising God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.