Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,414 members, 7,881,511 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:52 PM

Don't Lose Yourself, Single Mom - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Lose Yourself, Single Mom (676 Views)

Challenges Of Marrying A Single Mom / My Mom Is Missing / I Am Falling Apart With My Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Lose Yourself, Single Mom by sojapikin(f): 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2010
Staying In Touch With The "Real" You
We’ve heard over and over again that single mothers are both “mom and dad”. Although, we cannot in reality be two people, many of us do a “bang up” job raising healthy, successful children in spite of the missing mate. But being the only parent in the house is an arduous task. So, we must aggressively take good care of ourselves - mind body and spirit - so that we don't lose ourselves in the daily demands of raising our children.
This is why the primary focus of our single mother support groups in Kansas City is to focus on the women behind the mom character. At the meetings we spend the bulk of our time discovering how we, as single moms, can lead mentally stable, balanced, complete lives. To be able to raise our children confidently and effectively, we’ve got to take good care of ourselves mentally, spiritually and physically.
Here are 5 tips to guide you in staying in touch with yourself as you parent your children.
1) Find some “YOU” Time
I’m not saying you have to set aside an entire day for yourself, but if you are able, find some amount of time in your hectic schedule to just enjoy your life. When my son was small, I would use his nap time to listen to music, take a long bubble bath or eat some sinfully decadent dessert. Granted, it wasn’t a lot of time, but it was enough time for me to slow my day, refresh myself, and hear my thoughts. 2) Maintain Friendships

for more go to naijasingleparents on facebook

(1) (Reply)

Worst Parental Care / Farmer Remanded In Prison For Allegedly Kidnapping Son / Newbie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.