Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,213 members, 7,903,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:23 AM

Massob Demands Uwazurikes Release - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massob Demands Uwazurikes Release (541 Views)

Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB / Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants / Kano Bombing: Massob Threatens War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massob Demands Uwazurikes Release by AloyEmeka5: 11:42pm On Apr 27, 2010
MASSOB: Igbo traders, artisans seek Uwazurike’s releaese
By Vincent Ujumadu
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
AWKA—SOME Igbo traders and artisans from various parts of the country have demanded the immediate release of the leader of the Movement for the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, Chief Ralph Uwazurike unconditionally, arguing that the MASSOB leader has not committed any offence.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/27/312.html

In a statement by the national chairman of the group, Chief Ben Okoye, the national secretary, Chief Silas Otu and Lagos State chairman, Chief Emeka Kalu, the traders said that having studied the circumstances surrounding the invitation of Uwazurike by the Imo State police command, as well as his travails at the Zone 9 of the police command, they urged government to release him in the interest of peace.

According to them, Uwazurike is a true son of Igbo land whose presence and activities through MASSOB have brought hope to Igbo, adding that he has succeeded in removing the veil of fear, cowardice, inferiourity complex, stagnation and hopelessness among Igbo.

They warned that the refusal to release Uwazurike may lead to civil disobedience.

Ohaneze Ndigbo condemned

The group also condemned Ohaneze Ndigbo, the Igbo Governors, traditional rulers and political office holders for what it described as their nonchalant attitude towards the travails of Uwazurike, who, it claimed, is unjustly being detained by the Federal government.
Re: Massob Demands Uwazurikes Release by AloyEmeka5: 11:43pm On Apr 27, 2010
When shall we have a plan on how to deal with these thugs?
Re: Massob Demands Uwazurikes Release by sjeezy8: 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

According to them, Uwazurike is a true son of Igbo land whose presence and activities through MASSOB have brought hope to Igbo, adding that he has succeeded in removing the veil of fear, cowardice, inferiourity complex, stagnation and hopelessness among Igbo.

They warned that the refusal to release Uwazurike may lead to civil disobedience.

lol igbo people love those words. . . .
Re: Massob Demands Uwazurikes Release by OgidiBoy(m): 11:51pm On Apr 27, 2010
They can't do diddlysquat is it today they started talking about a civil disobedience. Igbo ppl talk too much angry angry
Re: Massob Demands Uwazurikes Release by sjeezy8: 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2010
govt of Nigeria should please release these ralph guy who ever he is- we Nigerians are tired of hearing nonsense about this and that.

Just release the freaking guy and give him a couple milion to get the shiot over with.
Re: Massob Demands Uwazurikes Release by SapeleGuy: 1:07am On Apr 28, 2010
Why you dey pretend say you no know who e be? Good to see you are not in support of human rights violations.
Re: Massob Demands Uwazurikes Release by EzeUche(m): 1:48am On Apr 28, 2010
Mehn MASSOB may need to turn violent. angry

It seems like the only thing that the gov't understands is pure violence. If the little Izon can make the Federal gov't bow down to them, then the mighty Igbo can definitely turn the East into a hotbed of turmoil.

We have waged a war for goodness sake and our numbers are ever increasing. I cannot wait for round 2 with those Hausa. Every time I look at a Hausa, I just want to go into battle with these worthy foes.

The Yorubas on the other hand I do not pay any attention to. There do or die politics is of no concern for me.
Re: Massob Demands Uwazurikes Release by sjeezy8: 1:59am On Apr 28, 2010
EzeUche:

Mehn MASSOB may need to turn violent. angry

It seems like the only thing that the gov't understands is pure violence. If the little Izon can make the Federal gov't bow down to them, then the mighty Igbo can definitely turn the East into a hotbed of turmoil.

We have waged a war for goodness sake and our numbers are ever increasing. I cannot wait for round 2 with those Hausa. Every time I look at a Hausa, I just want to go into battle with these worthy foes.

The Yorubas on the other hand I do not pay any attention to. There do or die politics is of no concern for me.

shocked shocked lipsrsealed I cant wait to watch the civil war. Sounds good wink
Re: Massob Demands Uwazurikes Release by EzeUche(m): 2:01am On Apr 28, 2010
sjeezy8:

shocked shocked lipsrsealed I cant wait to watch the civil war. Sounds good wink

We can already start this on our campus of College Park. Oh I forgot you are Yoruba, where will you run since there are not many Hausa on campus. Will you stand your ground. Or will you continue to run after my Igbo babes? angry

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Sues For Peace, Warns Against Heating Up Polity ! / Ibori Files Fresh Charges Against Efcc, Police, Sss / On D March Again: Ibb Is Our Man O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.