Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded (684 Views)

Fashola Wins Support Of Lagos Senators… Amaechi Still Stranded / Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis / 1500 Nigerians Still Stranded In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by AloyEmeka5: 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2010
Jos crisis: Thousands of Ondo indigenes still stranded

Olalekan Adetayo, Akure

The President of the Ondo State Development Association, Jos branch, Pastor Christopher Omoniyi, has disclosed that thousands of Ondo State indigenes residing in Jos, Plateau State, are still stranded as a result of the recent crises in the state.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/27/803.html

He has, therefore, called on the Ondo State Government to assist in facilitating the movement of his stranded kinsmen back to the state.

A statement on Monday said Omoniyi made the call when he led some members of the association to pay a visit to the state Deputy Governor, Alhaji Ali Olanusi, in his office in Akure, the state capital.

He, however, commended the state government for its earlier gesture of evacuating citizens of the state, mostly students, from the troubled zone to Akure.

He described the government's gesture as timely and laudable.

Omoniyi said the government should take a step further by assisting in evacuating the remaining citizens in the state.

Responding, the deputy governor said that the Governor Olusegun Mimiko-led administration in the state was committed to making the security of lives and property of its citizenry, both within and outside the state, an utmost priority.

Olanusi promised that the government would leave no stone unturned in ensuring that all the indigenes still in Jos were brought back safely to the state.

He disclosed that the government had assisted some victims of the crises with cash donations to relocate their families and to purchase some of the property lost in the crises.

He urged them to return home and contribute their quota to the economic development of their state.

"This state is not ready to lose any of its citizens to communal, religious or ethnic clashes in any part of the country. That is the reason why we are taking these steps," the deputy governor added
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by AloyEmeka5: 11:49pm On Apr 27, 2010
I thought the whole Yorubas live at home in the South West? What are thousands doing in the North?
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by mekusxxx: 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2010
Buhahahah! Where is Afenifere when you need them most. They are busy parleying with Ijaw. Hahahaah!
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by OgidiBoy(m): 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

I thought the whole Yorubas live at home in the South West? What are thousands doing in the North?

There are just as much Yoruba ppl in Jos as Igbos especially in the Nasarawa Egon and Delimi areas of Jos.
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by sjeezy8: 11:56pm On Apr 27, 2010
mekusxxx:

Buhahahah! Where is Afenifere when you need them most. They are busy parleying with Ijaw. Hahahaah!

lol we see yorubas want to go back home- igbo man will still stay there, all those that were bussed tp enugu anambra abia imo, have made their way back to the north.

ahhh im tellin you they love the northerners
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by mekusxxx: 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2010
^^^^^^
Igbo govs have since evacuated their people but Yoruba left theirs to die. Hahahahah
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by sjeezy8: 12:03am On Apr 28, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^^^
Igbo govs have since evacuated their people but Yoruba left theirs to die. Hahahahah

is that so? they forgot the igbos in zamfara that asked the emir to remove the eze ndigbo of Gasau. lol yehhhhh hahaha
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by AloyEmeka5: 12:04am On Apr 28, 2010
sjeezy8:

lol we see yorubas want to go back home- igbo man will still stay there, all those that were bussed tp enugu anambra abia imo, have made their way back to the north.

ahhh im tellin you they love the northerners

there is a big difference between  wanting to go back home on your own accord and looking for a way home because of the unbearable circumstances around you.

answer my initial question: Didn't your cronies and you claim there are no Yorubas in the South south/East and North?. What are thousands doing stranded in the North?
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by AloyEmeka5: 12:05am On Apr 28, 2010
OgidiBoy:

There are just as much Yoruba ppl in Jos as Igbos especially in the Nasarawa Egon and Delimi areas of Jos.

Many people here will chop off your head if they read this. According to them, Yorubas only dwell within the South western part of Nigeria and cannot be seen living anywhere beyond that longitude and latitude.
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by sjeezy8: 12:11am On Apr 28, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

there is a big difference between wanting to go back home on your own accord and looking for a way home because of the unbearable circumstances around you.

answer my initial question: Didn't your cronies and you claim there are no Yorubas in the South south/East and North?. What are thousands doing stranded in the North?

I dont think I would say such a thing I probably said I dont know what sensible yorubas would leave the peaceful SW.
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by OgidiBoy(m): 12:13am On Apr 28, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Many people here will chop off your head if they read this. According to them, Yorubas only dwell within the South western part of Nigeria and cannot be seen living anywhere beyond that longitude and latitude.

They must not know what they talking about or don't know much about the make up of Jos.

All the Taxi drivers in Jos are Ogbomosho men with those huge tribal marks and they wicked as hell.
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by AloyEmeka5: 12:22am On Apr 28, 2010
OgidiBoy:

They must not know what they talking about or don't know much about the make up of Jos.

[b]All the Taxi drivers in Jos are Ogbomosho men with those huge tribal marks and they wicked as hell.
[/b]

Wickedness is not peculiar to any race or tribe. If you refuse to pay your taxi fare, the driver whether he is Hausa, yoruba or Igbo is bound to show you his red faces. His children's school fees got to be paid.
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by OgidiBoy(m): 1:51am On Apr 28, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Wickedness is not peculiar to any race or tribe. If you refuse to pay your taxi fare, the driver whether he is Hausa, yoruba or Igbo is bound to show you his red faces. His children's school fees got to be paid.

True that, I'm so impressed with your intelligence Mr Aloy. Are you sure you the old Aloy I used to know ? This new Aloy is amazing shocked
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 28, 2010
^^ keep my name out of your frigging mouth
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by AloyEmeka5: 11:11am On Apr 28, 2010
Delusion is not one of your characteristics as long as I can remember. This one may be a new development.
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by mekusxxx: 1:14pm On Apr 28, 2010
sjeezy8:

is that so? they forgot the igbos in zamfara that asked the emir to remove the eze ndigbo of Gasau. lol yehhhhh hahaha

Sjeazy8,

Igbo govs evacuated their people from where there is fighting, essentially from Jos. Zamfara is still safe for now. In contrast, Yoruba govs left their people to be killled by the fighters in Jos because bringing them back home might be useless anyways, since the ones back home are so poor and uncatered for. All available data indicate Yoruba are the poorest in southern Nigeria. So why add more poverty to poverty? It makes sense they should be left off to be killed in Jos. Hhahahah
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by AloyEmeka5: 5:58am On May 04, 2010
When did Igbos evacuate their people?
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by mekusxxx: 11:46am On May 04, 2010
^^^^^
Abia and Imo specifically evacuated their people willing to leave. Do some googling
Re: Jos Crisis: Thousands Of Ondo Indigenes Still Stranded by omongbati1: 5:52am On Dec 20, 2010
Hausa don show them pepper?

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Seeks Ban On BBC Over Negative Lagos Documentary / Massob In Rivers State / Save Our Souls From Oil Gold Diamond Big Business & Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.