Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,165 members, 7,950,021 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:34 AM

Akpabio: I'll Support Gov. Udom Emmanuel's Reelection In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio: I'll Support Gov. Udom Emmanuel's Reelection In 2019 (518 Views)

Tinubu Meets Buhari Over Ambode’s Reelection Controversy / 2019: I'll Support Buhari’s Re-election Bid - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Anambra: I'll Support The Re-election Of Obiano, Says Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio: I'll Support Gov. Udom Emmanuel's Reelection In 2019 by yemfemNg(f): 6:44am On Mar 04, 2018
Senate Minority Leader Godswill Akpabio finally broke his long silence over alleged estrangement with Akwa Ibom Governor Udom Emmanuel. He also spoke exclusively to Sunday Oguntola on why the National Assembly passed the bill on order of elections ahead of 2019 and compared life as a governor and lawmaker. Excerpts:

THERE have been fears and insinuations that you will not support the reelection bid of Governor Udom Emmanuel. How do you react to that?

Those fears are just unfounded. I have said it as different fora that come 2019 I will support the reelection of the governor. I have not said anything to the contrary. Anybody thinking that I will not support the governor is just reacting to his or her figment of imagination…

… Well, some said you just say it while working to the contrary in secret

…I have never said I will not support the governor. And I am a kind of person that does not go back on my words. I have endorsed the governor at different fora and nothing will change that.

At the New Year Eve reception hosted by the Deputy Governor, you said all was not well. Is that not in reference to the Governor’s reelection’s bid?

You see that was not what I meant. It is unfortunate that people have twisted the ‘all is well’ statement I used at that forum. What I said was in reference to the security situation in two local governments in Akwa Ibom at that time where over 80 persons were killed by a certain cult group with many turned to Internally Displaced Persons(IDPs).

Iso Akpafit was the notorious cult leader harassing Ukanafun Local Government in the senatorial district then. It was spreading to another local government with some of the IDPs even being threatened. So, I said all was not well in terms of security in the district and that there was need to address the situation.

I said that so we can tackle the situation so that election can hold in the district where the governor is assured of almost 500,000 votes. That is true because if the insecurity persisted, there might be no election in the entire senatorial district because it could spread to other local governments.

It would mean all the block votes that the governor was assured of, since we are the only district that will not present a candidate in 2019, might be affected. More so, the governor happens to be our in-law.

So, if we didn’t take steps to address the insecurity and so other silent discontents, we might be deceived to think we have those votes intact. The solid basket of votes might be affected. I also said we had two major projects, which the governor had started addressing now.

Read more...
http://www.yemfem.com.ng/2018/03/akpabio-i-support-gov-udom-emmanuel.html?m=1
Re: Akpabio: I'll Support Gov. Udom Emmanuel's Reelection In 2019 by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 04, 2018
Befor Nkor!
Re: Akpabio: I'll Support Gov. Udom Emmanuel's Reelection In 2019 by Young03(m): 6:53am On Mar 04, 2018
like I care
Re: Akpabio: I'll Support Gov. Udom Emmanuel's Reelection In 2019 by ubongokon(m): 7:14am On Mar 04, 2018
IS UR CHOICE BUT HE WILL NOT WIN.
Re: Akpabio: I'll Support Gov. Udom Emmanuel's Reelection In 2019 by Masama: 8:53am On Mar 04, 2018
smiley wink cheesy grin cool

(1) (Reply)

FG Approves N650bn Payment To Oil Marketers / . / Rapid Response Squad Teases Criminals To Come & Claim Their “goods”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.