Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,401 members, 7,971,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:27 AM

Nigeria - Let My People Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria - Let My People Go (620 Views)

Let My Rivers Brothers See This / Don’t Let My Mother Know, Policeman Shot At APC Rally Begs / PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria - Let My People Go by newmaster(m): 6:21am On Apr 28, 2010
Let my people go
–Cries Uwazurike’s aide
From DAVID ONWUCHEKWA, Nnewi
Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Uchendu (left) and Chieft Uwazurike
Photo: Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Mr Samuel Uchendu a.k.a Oyibo Biafra is a member of Biafran Intelligence Agency (BIA), a department in the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), and also former Chief Security Officer of the leader of MASSOB, Chief Ralph Uwazurike. He said that the issue of actualization of the sovereign state of Biafra is a matter of no retreat, no surrender, urging Acting President Goodluck Jonathan to use this opportunity that he is in control to call for Sovereign National Conference.

Uchendu insists that the three major tribes: Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba that make up Nigeria are in a forced union. He said that the Libyan leader, Maummar Gaddafi was right to call for a division of Nigeria into segments, adding that since Moslems cannot co-exist with their Christian brothers and sisters that it should be to your tent Oh Israel .
He spoke against continued detention of his boss, Chief Ralph Uwazurike at Kuje Prisons and asked for his immediate release. Uchendu touched other areas concerning the struggle for freedom by the MASSOB.

Endless attack
Chief Ralph Uwazuruike is my master. I was among his first security details under Biafran Intelligence Agency (BIA). We started the struggle with him. I was Chief Uwazuruike’s ADC between 1999 and 2006 before there was a change in office. You see, Chief Uwazurike is like Joshua in the Bible while Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu is like Moses. Chief Uwazurike is unassuming. You can hardly understand him.

The issue of the actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra is our commitment, no surrender, no retreat. But it is unfortunate that the people (Nigerian government) we are dealing with do not believe in dialogue for our freedom to be achieved, yet we remain non-violent.
Niger Delta approach
I think it is better for us to apply the Niger Delta approach so that the federal government can listen to us. That is the way I see it.
If you look around in this country today you will observe that Igbos are specially created by God, so also were Hausas and Yorubas. We were all created and set apart. These three major tribes were only forced into a union and this union does not work.

Biafra is a pronouncement of God. And God’s pronouncement must come to fruition. I strongly believe in the actualization of sovereign state of Biafra any day any time even at the risk of my life. Nothing, absolutely nothing can stop us.
Incessant raid of MASSOB
Nigerian security agents have raided the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) camps on several occasions. We were raided in high magnitude in 2002 at my home in Otolo, Nnewi. Again in 2004 and 2006 we were attacked in Okigwe, Imo State . We now understand that the Federal Government does not understand us and even some of our people, the Igbos, do not equally understand us.

All this while we have been talking about Biafra, we have not used any weapon or applied any force to actualize our dream yet we are being always massacred and most of the time thrown into prisons to rot away. We believe in non violence and also believe that we will be understood. We are being shot like wild animals.
During the raids many died in my presence. They equally came to my home town, Nnewi and launched an attack with about 150 mobile men around 3:15 am and continued shooting till dawn. That was in year 2002 and they arrested me with 23 others and took us to Awka prisons where we spent eight months and two weeks.

They charged us with treasonable felony. I don’t know what they meant by that. But when we went to court, the court asked them what we used as our weapons, they only produced caps, scarfs and flag with the symbols of Biafra . The court did not see anything serious about their claims and we were discharged and acquitted and then we left. We then understood that Nigerian government does not understand the “language” we speak, the government does not understand non-violence as Uwazurike propagates. The only language they understand is violence like the Niger Deltans are doing today.

Igbo saboteurs
We will never give up. But our only problem is our Igbo brothers who sabotaged our effort. It is very painful that some of our Igbo brothers do not recognize our effort.
In other parts of Nigeria it is not like that. Yorubas recognize Odua Peoples Congress (OPC) as a veritable instrument for freedom, the Ijaws recognize the freedom fighters in Niger Delta and government listens to them. It is painful that most Igbos do not recognize MASSOB. May be it is because they are comfortable in Abuja , gathering the crumbs from the table.
But it is now certain, based on what is happening in Nigeria today that time has come for the integral parts of this country to begin to think about freedom. We must be recognized even though there are too many saboteurs in Igbo land and that is why we have Igbo Nigeria and Igbo Biafra. We are seen as second class citizens in our own land and that must stop.
Acting President Jonathan

We are strongly behind Acting President Goodluck Jonathan. He is our own. We are in the same support for Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State . At least Governor Obi has dealt with Abuja connection. Anambra is now free from those Igbos who think they can use Abuja connection to do whatever they like in Anambra and Igbo land as a whole. The Abuja politicians of Igbo extraction never believed that the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) will ever govern Anambra State for a second tenure.

So for Jonathan, the cabal is afraid of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Deltans (MEND) which is also agitating for freedom or rather fair share of the national cake. Both of us have things in common, I mean common characteristics because what brings about all these agitations is marginalization or having sectional interest by the leaders of the country. The cabal is not only afraid of MEND, it is also afraid of the MASSOB. If anything happens to Acting President Jonathan today whatever MEND does is what MASSOB will do because Jonathan is our man.

Continued detention of Uwazurike
Chief Uwazurike has been wallowing in detention and it is painful to us that no Igbo man has ever spoken publicly for him to be released. What did Uwazurike do? I’m not commenting so much on the matter because it is in the court but let him be released.
We say that Uwazurike should be released and there should be a call for sovereign National Conference. Nigeria is three major ethnic tribes. We should come together and dialogue for peaceful separation of this country, since Christians and Moslems cannot co-exist. Every day Christians and mainly Igbos are slaughtered in the North like cows. We must not continue like that.
Gaddafi said it and they called for his head.

He was right to have said that: Nigeria should be divided. It is the cabal that kicked against what he said. They are not thinking about the interest of the down trodden.
Why should we be one country when our children are marginalized in employment opportunities, recruitment in the army, and police even in playing in the national team? What shows that we are one country? Our female children have been turned to prostitutes just for them to survive.
Let Acting President Jonathan call for Sovereign National Conference. It is now clear to the Igbos that we will not be allowed to rule this country.

http://nigeriannews.com/

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Not The Messiah / Fasola Imitates Orji, Supports State Police / Protest Against Wastage At "nigeria At 50" Anniversary: Hackers Hijack National

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.