Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,630 members, 7,889,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:38 PM

Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores (1144 Views)

Wife Gives Husband A List Of Chores To Do Before He Can Have Sex With Her / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / Lady Allows Her Hubby To Marry 2nd Wife, Even Feeds Her On The Wedding Day(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by diademoly(f): 9:27am On Mar 04, 2018
wonderful nairalanders, often times I have seen couples under pressure because of the duties at home either one is doing it all or the other is not helping out. I want to get your opinion on this; As the one providing everything in the home, is out on point or out of place for the husband to get involved in the house chores even as the head of the family.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by thorpido(m): 9:35am On Mar 04, 2018
Being the head of the family and even providing for the family doesn't stop the man from handling house chores.
He can bath and dress up the kids,he can clean the bathrooms and toilets and so many things around the house.
It always depends on WHO you marry.That's why courtship is important to know his TYPE of person.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by menix(m): 9:39am On Mar 04, 2018
Certainly, he has to help out but not when u re less busy or watching telemundo...
I don't subscribe to men who allow the wife do all chores...

1 Like

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by Liliyann(f): 9:40am On Mar 04, 2018
Marriage is to be enjoyed and cherished
Your marriage should be your heaven and safe abode. No woman should work like a slave in her own house,you are not a man's maid!!
As to the question, your husband can definitely help you out with the house chores especially when you are tired or want to watch an important soap opera. Though I suggest the work be divided 50/50 for peace sake.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by thesicilian: 9:43am On Mar 04, 2018
Depends on how you ask.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by diademoly(f): 9:48am On Mar 04, 2018
thesicilian:
Depends on how you ask.

How best should one ask?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by Donald3d(m): 9:51am On Mar 04, 2018
Liliyann:
Your marriage should be your heaven and safe abode. No woman should work like a slave in her own house,you are not a man's maid!!
As to the question, your husband can definitely help you out with the house chores especially when you are tired or want to watch an important soap opera. Though I suggest the work be divided 50/50 for peace sake.
Want to watch an important Soap opera !!!!! lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked shocked .
The order should be God->Your Family ->Yourself (both for the husband and wife, if everybody follows that order , everybody would be automatically taken care of, its a cycle)
That means logically the man can say he doesn't want to go to work because Barc and Real madrid are playing football undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by Donald3d(m): 9:56am On Mar 04, 2018
diademoly:
wonderful nairalanders, often times I have seen couples under pressure because of the duties at home either one is doing it all or the other is not helping out. I want to get your opinion on this; As the one providing everything in the home, is out on point or out of place for the husband to get involved in the house chores even as the head of the family.
This is why there should be LOVE , UNDERSTANDING , in a marriage .The situation and circumstances at that point in time would determine what happens .
A wise man can not see his wife cooking and his baby soiled himself and the husband is expecting the wife to leave what she is cooking to clean the baby up.WISDOM and LOVE would tell him he needs to assist(its not even assist sef,its a shared duty,na two of them produce the pikin) to clean the baby up.

Or she is worn out and tired, from a previous day chore, he should help bath the kids if he wakes up before her .

The moment couples start seeing themselves as one and everything should be done with LOVE, the better for everyone.
This thing na PARTNERSHIP na , no be war.Please ask him if you need his help, and do it politely,same goes for a man, always use "please" ,"thank you" for your wife even if you are the one providing for the house.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by kio052001(m): 10:01am On Mar 04, 2018
where I'm from men don't do house chores but I still help her out, in my house I've no maid because I don't like someone else touching my food to the extent I don't leave home for work until my food is ready both the one I'll carry to office,
as am typing this message, she has mopped the parlour, rooms, washed the toilets, now she is in the kitchen and I've been in our room since I woke up likewise my son. she doesn't complain.
not only do I encourage her by buying her gifts (dress, shoe, etc) I come across, I also assist her in doing some house chores (sweeping, she wash and I rinse and spread) whenever I'm chanced

now what am saying is that he sees all that you doing and going through, all you need to know is if his work is very stressful and if not, you have to be cool when asking him
eg you are in kitchen and you need to do something else, you can just ask him by simply saying "dear please help me, my hands are dirty, stained or I don't want to touch because .... and while he is coming to help u out try and establish a conversation with him

and if he doesn't come to assist, something is wrong

1 Like

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by Donald3d(m): 10:07am On Mar 04, 2018
kio052001:
where I'm from men don't do house chores but I still help her out, in my house I've no maid because I don't like someone else touching my food to the extent I don't leave home for work until my food is ready both the one I'll carry to office,
as am typing this message, she has mopped the parlour, rooms, washed the toilets, now she is in the kitchen and I've been in our room since I woke up likewise my son. she doesn't complain.
not only do I encourage her by buying her gifts (dress, shoe, etc) I come across, I also assist her in doing some house chores (sweeping, she wash and I rinse and spread) whenever I'm chanced

now what am saying is that he sees all that you doing and going through, all you need to know is if his work is very stressful and if not, you have to be cool when asking him
eg you are in kitchen and you need to do something else, you can just ask him by simply saying "dear please help me, my hands are dirty, stained or I don't want to touch because .... and while he is coming to help u out try and establish a conversation with him

and if he doesn't come to assist, something is wrong
Wisdom !!.
People tend to over complicate marriages, I dont know sha, I feel its simpler than the way people take it (even though its a fact that it cant always be perfectly smooth).
You have spoken well
Your wife is lucky

2 Likes

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 04, 2018
thorpido:
Being the head of the family and even providing for the family doesn't stop the man from handling house chores.
He can bath and dress up the kids,he can clean the bathrooms and toilets and so many things around the house.
It always depends on WHO you marry.That's why courtship is important to know his TYPE of person.
Na so your pápá dey do?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by kio052001(m): 10:35am On Mar 04, 2018
Donald3d:

Wisdom !!.
People tend to over complicate marriages, I dont know sha, I feel its simpler than the way people take it (even though its a fact that it cant always be perfectly smooth).
You have spoken well
Your wife is lucky

thank you

and

don't mention

1 Like

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by internationalman(m): 10:41am On Mar 04, 2018
Hope it isn't also disrespectful to as wifey out for financial assistance.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by crackhaus: 10:58am On Mar 04, 2018
Ask oo, no go kill yourself
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by diademoly(f): 11:28am On Mar 04, 2018
internationalman:
Hope it isn't also disrespectful to as wifey out for financial assistance.

it is not at all

1 Like

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by greenmonk: 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2018
Donald3d:

This is why there should be LOVE , UNDERSTANDING , in a marriage .The situation and circumstances at that point in time would determine what happens .
A wise man can not see his wife cooking and his baby soiled himself and the husband is expecting the wife to leave what she is cooking to clean the baby up.WISDOM and LOVE would tell him he needs to assist(its not even assist sef,its a shared duty,na two of them produce the pikin) to clean the baby up.

Or she is worn out and tired, from a previous day chore, he should help bath the kids if he wakes up before her .

The moment couples start seeing themselves as one and everything should be done with LOVE, the better for everyone.
This thing na PARTNERSHIP na , no be war.Please ask him if you need his help, and do it politely,same goes for a man, always use "please" ,"thank you" for your wife even if you are the one providing for the house.
What if the husband na banga cutter nko?
Can the wife also help him to cut banga if he is tire?
There is division of labour oooh. Everybody should do thier duty first. If there is need for assistance it flows naturally.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2018
There's nothing wrong with asking your spouse for help when you need it, even with house chores. But it's how you ask that could make it disrespectful.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by thorpido(m): 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
1stolax:

Na so your pápá dey do?
You get one? undecided
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 04, 2018
Nawa o.
Is the marriage this difficult and rigid? If you can't ask your spouse for any type of help, who then would you ask? Me?

*always viewing* grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Ask Hubby To Help Out With Chores by nuelyoyo(m): 11:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
Liliyann:
Like seriously? I should help a woman out because she is watching an important soap opera? And did I hear u say domestic chores should be shared 50/50? I am not against men helping out with house chores, but sharing it equally is a no no for me.

(1) (Reply)

Does A "Fake It Till You Make It" Attitude Toward Life Actually Work? / ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry / Up For Adoption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.