Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,699 members, 7,889,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:11 AM

Schoolgirl Dies In Benue State After Being Operated On By A Lab Scientist Posing - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Schoolgirl Dies In Benue State After Being Operated On By A Lab Scientist Posing (679 Views)

Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died / Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos / Schoolgirl Dies In Benue State After Being Operated On By A Lab Scientist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schoolgirl Dies In Benue State After Being Operated On By A Lab Scientist Posing by heykims(m): 10:23am On Mar 04, 2018
An 18-year-old schoolgirl has died after she was operated on by a lab scientist posing as a doctor.

Stella, a student of Gateway Excel College, Ogeneago Otukpa in Benue state, developed complications after the quack doctor performed an open appendectomy on her. She had to be transferred to a different hospital where she eventually died in spite of efforts to save her life.

Itodo Samuel Anthony, who is a teacher at Stella's school, shared the story on Facebook. He revealed that the quack doctor is a lab scientist at a government hospital but opened his private hospital where he poses as a medical doctor. When patients are sent to him for lab tests at the lab in the government hospital, he diverts them to his private hospital and begins treating them like he's a trained doctor.

Itodo also disclosed that a doctor friend told him it has become a habit for such quacks, who are now everywhere, to misdiagnose patients suffering simple stomach ache as appendicitis just so they can perform the surgery and make money from it.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/3/schoolgirl-dies-in-benue-state-after-being-operated-on-by-a-lab-scientist-posing-as-a-doctor.html
Re: Schoolgirl Dies In Benue State After Being Operated On By A Lab Scientist Posing by Actuarydeji(m): 10:41am On Mar 04, 2018
That is madness of the highest order. Why will you tell a professional carpenter to repair your hummel jeep engine? Lab scientist performing surgery! What a country! What a shame to the health sector! What a shame to our educational sector! What a shame to our government! I used to feel bad at times, that I am a Nigerian. Hypocrites, please don't quote me. I no that deep down inside you, you have the same thought. So don't try to quote me. What a barbaric nation! Lives means nothing to our leaders. I don't believe in this trash; "God will judge them". The youth need to start a positive revolutionary move.

1 Like

Re: Schoolgirl Dies In Benue State After Being Operated On By A Lab Scientist Posing by heykims(m): 7:01am On May 06, 2020
It happens, God will deliver us in this country.
Re: Schoolgirl Dies In Benue State After Being Operated On By A Lab Scientist Posing by brighttech95(m): 7:20am On May 06, 2020
This is madness
Re: Schoolgirl Dies In Benue State After Being Operated On By A Lab Scientist Posing by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:58am On May 06, 2020
Actuarydeji:
That is madness of the highest order. Why will you tell a professional carpenter to repair your hummel jeep engine? Lab scientist performing surgery! What a country! What a shame to the health sector! What a shame to our educational sector! What a shame to our government! I used to feel bad at times, that I am a Nigerian. Hypocrites, please don't quote me. I no that deep down inside you, you have the same thought. So don't try to quote me. What a barbaric nation! Lives means nothing to our leaders. I don't believe in this trash; "God will judge them". The youth need to start a positive revolutionary move.

Hmmm, you haven't seen anything yet! During my NYSC in Gombe state, I saw Nurses and Community Health Extension Workers confidently doing CS and Appendectomies. Even traditional birth attendants do Caesarean sections in the north.
And no one seemed to give a damn about it!
Re: Schoolgirl Dies In Benue State After Being Operated On By A Lab Scientist Posing by Actuarydeji(m): 10:25am On May 06, 2020
This entity called Nigeria is a joke!
ChybuzzDD:

Hmmm, you haven't seen anything yet! During my NYSC in Gombe state, I saw Nurses and Community Health Extension Workers confidently doing CS and Appendectomies. Even traditional birth attendants do Caesarean sections in the north.
And no one seemed to give a damn about it!

(1) (Reply)

See How Corpses Are Being Transported To And From The Mortuary In DR Congo / NMA Ogun State Press Release / US Customs Returns $41,000 Plus To Nigerian Nurse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.