Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,666 members, 7,911,802 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:11 PM

The 12 Commitments Of Buharism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 12 Commitments Of Buharism (521 Views)

The 12 Commitments Of Buharism / Reno Omokri Mocks Bashir Ahmad For Celebrating "Buharism" As A Political Term / Buharism: Buhari Appears In The English Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 12 Commitments Of Buharism by Slayer1914: 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
I am a Buharist. This means that:

1. Even though I am not always happy with President Buhari’s actions, I do not and will never regret voting for him to be President of Nigeria.

2. I reserve the right to criticize him privately or publicly without giving up on him or abandoning him. I also reserve the right to vote for him for a second term because I consider him the best and most committed of all the choices on offer. Because elections are about the relative merits of what is on offer, not about social media noisemaking or wishful thinking or impracticable idealism.

3. While there are legitimate grounds for some of the frustration Nigerians are experiencing with President Buhari, there are also a lot of people who are against the President simply because the taps of corruption are no longer flowing the way they used to flow under Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP. For these ones I have no apologies!

4. I am proud that I have a President and Vice President who are men of unquestionable integrity, who will not cut any deals for the purposes of self-enrichment, and will never preside over the looting of our commonwealth.

5. I acknowledge that one of President Buhari’s weaknesses is that he is not a man of many words, and that his reticence is often misconstrued as weakness or arrogance or nonchalance. But I know that the President is a man who prefers action to talk, who prefers to show his commitment by taking action behind the scenes instead of playing to the gallery with empty gestures.

6. I know that anyone who says we have not made tremendous progress against Boko Haram is lying or ignorant or forgetful. Who can forget the days when Boko Haram had overrun most of Borno State, as well as large parts of Adamawa, hoisting flags, running a state-within-a-state; bombing Kano and Abuja at will; and making a mockery of our military to the extent that the Jonathan Administration had to hire mercenaries from South Africa.

7. I am aware that a lot of the things that President Buhari is being blamed for are issues that predated his administration. And that it is foolishness and idiocy to pin the blame for a fire on the man who’s trying hard to put it out, while praising or exonerating the men under whom the fire started.

8. I know that the 2019 elections will be an opportunity for grand looters and incompetents to try to return to power, to take Nigeria back to the days when all of our commonwealth was being looted on a grand scale and with impunity. Nigeria must never return to the dark days.

9. I recognise that President Buhari is not a perfect man. But he has the interest of Nigeria at heart and I trust that a lot of the foundation that is being laid right now will yield good fruit for Nigeria in the years ahead.

10. I acknowledge that the road to the Promised Land ahead of Nigeria will be paved with some difficulty. One example: A country that is trying to substitute imported rice with locally produced rice will have to endure initial price increases, until local production grows to levels that meet up with the quantities that used to be imported. But ultimately local production is a good goal, instead of squandering our hard-earned forex on supporting industries in distant lands.

11. I will not fall for the lies and deceit of the PDP and other opposition, who are daily trying to revise history and make us forget what they put us through before President Buhari emerged as President. I will continue to ask them what they did with the $100 oil Nigeria enjoyed for years under their watch, and why, during those years of boom, we didn’t save for the future or invest in infrastructure. Is that what they want us to return to?

12. Finally, I will try my best to be patient with the President and his administration. But I will also continue to reserve the right to criticize them when they make mistakes.
Re: The 12 Commitments Of Buharism by overall90: 6:59pm On Mar 04, 2018
13. And lastly I have every right to earn my pay as a BMC crew.
Re: The 12 Commitments Of Buharism by Cooly100: 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
I didn't vote for him though...because I knew he would cause irrepairable pain to Nigerians...and I was right.

He just wanted to be president...and that's all...

See why I guessed right..for not voting him in...

Re: The 12 Commitments Of Buharism by Cooly100: 7:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
..but...

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaians Reacts To Buhari’s Offer To Help Ghana Fight Corruption / ''it Is Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor'' Governor Rochas Okorocha Says / Attack On Sen. Ogembe: 7 Persons Arraigned In Court. Read The Shocking Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.