Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,282 members, 7,943,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 07:57 PM

Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives (704 Views)

Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Newly-Elected Council Chairmen / Fayemi Appoints Directors For Local Councils, Elected Council Chairmen Suspended / Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by Ehisbaba78: 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2018
..Urges Prudent Management of N2b Paris Club Savings

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has sworn-in the newly elected local council chairmen for the 18 local government areas of the state, charging them on prudent management of resources saved up in their treasuries.

Speaking at the swearing-in ceremony held at the Government House, in Benin City, Edo State capital, on Monday, Obaseki charged the new heads of the councils to be accountable, responsive and responsible in administering the affairs of their councils.

He said, “My administration has kept aside N2 billion saved from the Paris Club refunds in the councils’ treasury for the new executives to commence activities.

According to him, “You are not coming to meet an empty treasury. I have saved your Paris refund in excess of N2billion and some of you have savings in excess of N2billion.

“So, you will be coming into office with some reserves and savings, but you have to focus on enduring projects.”

He said the era, in which council bosses left offices with debts for their successors would not be accepted, noting that his administration has spent the last 17 months offsetting debts incurred by former local government executives.

The governor described the peaceful conduct of the electoral process as historical, noting, “The increasing acceptability of the laudable programmes of the All Progressives Congress (APC) enabled you to secure victory at the polls. We do not expect less from you.

“Your elections were free and fair, so you must go and serve the people who voted you into office. You have no Godfather to settle. Your sole responsibility must be the welfare of the people in your council,” the governor charged the newly elected executives.

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, who witnessed the swearing-in ceremony, commended Governor Obaseki for saving up funds for the chairmen to kick-start their activities. He described the act as benevolent and urged the council bosses to utilize the fund for the benefit of the masses.

In his vote of thanks on behalf of other chairpersons, Mr Jenkins Osunde, Oredo Local Council chairman, thanked people of the state for finding them worthy to pilot their affairs.

He assured that they would live up to the confidence reposed in them and build on the foundation already laid by the Godwin Obaseki-led administration.

Source: http://thebellng.com/obaseki-swears-in-elected-council-executives-urges-prudent-management-of-n2b-paris-club-savings/

- photo1 -
R-L: Chairman, Edo State Chapter, All Progressives Congress (APC), Barr. Anslem Ojezua; Minister for Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige; Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki; his Deputy, Rt. Hon. Philip Shaibu; and Secretary to the State Government, Osarodion Ogie Esq., during the Swearing-In Ceremony of the elected local government chairmen, at the Government House, Benin City, on Monday, March 05, 2018.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by Ehisbaba78: 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2018
- Photos 2 & 3 -
Cross-section of elected Edo State local council chairmen during the Swearing-In Ceremony by the Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki at the Government House, Benin City, on Monday, March 05, 2018.

Re: Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by Ehisbaba78: 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
more photos from the swearing-in..

Re: Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by Ehisbaba78: 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2018
and more..

Re: Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by new2012: 6:13pm On Mar 05, 2018
Illegitimate coucil leaders.. Illegitimize by the boycott of the opposition...

When you have no opposition, no voters, no protest, just rule, do ur worse and people enjoy that?
Re: Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by chuksjuve(m): 6:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
Aren't there handsome and good looking camera friendly politicians in edo state?

Why always these camera not good looking folks handling the affairs of edo state government every time ..

angry angry angry angry
Re: Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by Osabass: 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2018
[s]
new2012:
Illegitimate coucil leaders.. Illegitimize by the boycott of the opposition...

When you have no opposition, no voters, no protest, just rule, do ur worse and people enjoy that?
[/s]

You don't seem to know what you are talking about.

Nobody asked your invisible PDP to boycott the election. Other political parties contested except your PDP that is not presently on ground in Edo state.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by OdionAkghigbe: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Osabass:
[s][/s]

Nobody asked your invisible PDP to boycott the election. Other political parties contested except your PDP that is not presently on ground in Edo state.
My brother, just dont mibd that @2012. Some people just like saying what they know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by PhilipIdaghosa: 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
chuksjuve:
Aren't there handsome and good looking camera friendly politicians in edo state?

Why always these camera not good looking folks handling the affairs of edo state government every time ..

angry angry angry angry

Man no de fine o, na woman de fine. So far the work gets done, we don't really care whether na ape sef.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by new2012: 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
Osabass:
[s][/s]

At the end of the day,its not about being politically correct like you want to. The truth is always bitter, but i wouldnt want to argue with you for your mindset is already blurred.

Oshiomole for years contested and won as the labour Union leader of kaduna textile companies and took same to NLC, until he left a lot of people felt he was the best thing after slice bread.

When everybody allow you win in anything u do, just know that youre on a clear path to self destruct.. Even the devil wil oppose you if youre doing the right thing..

PDP is completely dead and useles in Edo state no doubt, but when the devil give u 'chance' because he felt you're worse, then appraise the situation.
Re: Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by Suniyamu: 11:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
new2012:

At the end of the day,its not about being politically correct like you want to. The truth is always bitter, but i wouldnt want to argue with you for your mindset is already blurred.

Oshiomole for years contested and won as the labour Union leader of kaduna textile companies and took same to NLC, until he left a lot of people felt he was the best thing after slice bread.

When everybody allow you win in anything u do, just know that youre on a clear path to self destruct.. Even the devil wil oppose you if youre doing the right thing..

PDP is completely dead and useles in Edo state no doubt, but when the devil give u 'chance' because he felt you're worse, then appraise the situation.

I feel for you @new2012 as you suddenly went philosophical on the issue on ground.

But do not apportion any blame to Obaseki for the woes of Edo PDP, place it on the right feet; the feet of Orbih, the Edo PDP chairman.

Orbih should be blamed for the death of PDP in Edo.

Believe me, if only PDP did not chicken out and had contested, they probably would have won at least seven or eight local governments in this very free and fair election that people actually voted based on the personalities contesting, and not by party. Thats Edo politics for you.

APC's house was in order, so the people sought for refuge in there. But for PDP, a house in disarray, who wouldn't stay far off my dear @new2012?
Re: Obaseki Swears-In Elected Council Executives by new2012: 6:45am On Mar 06, 2018
Suniyamu:

I feel for you @new2012 as you suddenly went philosophical on the issue on ground.

But do not apportion any blame to Obaseki for the woes of Edo PDP, place it on the right feet; the feet of Orbih, the Edo PDP chairman.

Orbih should be blamed for the death of PDP in Edo.

Believe me, if only PDP did not chicken out and had contested, they probably would have won at least seven or eight local governments in this very free and fair election that people actually voted based on the personalities contesting, and not by party. Thats Edo politics for you.

APC's house was in order, so the people sought for refuge in there. But for PDP, a house in disarray, who wouldn't stay far off my dear @new2012?

You might need to check my previous posts to know its not philosophy ma'am.

Where were you during the election? Im not in Edo stare though, but havent met anybody that voted, even colleagues and acquaintance in the state said they didnt leave their house.

Both 'free' and 'fair' are relative, like i said.. When even the devil (PDP) chicken out and let you be, it means a lot. When your greatest opponent allow you win, it means a lot.

If you can let politics slide, then increase the volume control of your conscience, youll probably see the truth.

Im from Edo state bro. Dined with Igbinedions childten at one point and i was disgusted. The day i met Oshiomole's son in the US, i vow never to vote in Edo state. He was the best governor Edo had in recent dispensation and deceived the mases with servant leader crap. Maybe if youre opportuned to enter his house in Maitama, youll figure it out.

My point is, our politicians are all the same, its total foolishness to side with any, except youre eating from them. In Africa, you dont talk while eating.

So learn to be realistic.

(1) (Reply)

Photos!! Yemi Osinbajo And Wife At The Wedding Ceremony Of Adetuke And Akintola / Buhari Afraid Of Losing 2019 - UPP / DSS Shuns Falana’s Letter On Abducted Lagos Port Worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.