Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,466 members, 7,968,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 11:51 PM

Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu (10687 Views)

Prof. Maurice Iwu's Fraudulent Claims About Ebola Cure / Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC / Intercontinental Bank Manager Offers Maurice Iwu N50million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by slap1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2010
sinistyle:

@ slap1
why are we shouting eureka about this? Johnathan is simply puting the right machineries in place to actualize his 2011 aspirations. Iwu is going to be replaced with a Jonathan loyalist.
Out of the blues, ICPC charges PDP's National Chairman, Vincent Ogbulafor of fraud. The hitherto dead ICPC found now to be the most convenient time to hunt Ogbulafor after he recently reiterated the party's plan to adhere to its zoning system. This would mean that PDP would present a northern candidate for 2011 and puts an end to Jo's 2011 aspirations.
A letter of invitation dated March 27, 2010 was said to have been dispatched to Ibori, 5 hours after he had been declared wanted on April 13, 4 days before he was requested to appear before the EFCC and a court injunction was granted for the two parties to maintain status quo.
Johnathan is resorting to the witch hunting tactics of those before him. He is playing do or die politics, politics of vendetta and acrimony.
Replacing Iwu wont bring about the desired electoral reform. What about the Uwais reccomendation?

Good observation.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by Segema: 4:49pm On Apr 29, 2010
Good radiance, But I tell you my people it isnt uhuru yet, the politicians who rented thugs to snatch ballot boxes and their security (police) collaborators, corrupt officials and judges etc are still all around. I hope what we are witnessing is the begining of the complete overhaul of the system. Welldone and thank you GJ
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by sizzlers(m): 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2010
lets cee what tomorrow holds for us
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by AS7(m): 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2010
Yeah dat's fine.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by AS7(m): 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2010
Yeah dat's fine.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by Adonike(m): 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2010
Goodluck have started making history. This is a GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH. Let the revolution begin from there.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by sizzlers(m): 5:38pm On Apr 29, 2010
LETS CEE WHAT TOMORROW HOLDS FOR US
Segema:

Good radiance,  But I tell you my people it isnt uhuru yet, the politicians who rented thugs to snatch ballot boxes and their security (police) collaborators, corrupt officials and judges etc are still all around. I hope what we are witnessing is the begining of the complete overhaul of the system. Welldone and thank you GJ
True talk, but the work has just started.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by sizzlers(m): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2010
Adonike:

Goodluck have started making history. This is a GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH. Let the revolution begin from there.
begin from where? from removing iwu, what of others?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by metro(m): 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2010
i wish im well but more than IWU he should start making institutional changes he done well so far so GOOD
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by sizzlers(m): 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2010
slap1:

Take a chill pill, man. With the status quo still breathing, Soyinka may end up like Iwu, or even worse.
and who tell una say wole dey interested, wole is not interested
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by mrkoma2012: 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2010
Its very early to start praiding the lord but there's no hiding the fact that this Iwu has failed woefully at his job.Hope the next appointment performs better.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by otondo55: 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2010
The problem of INEC is not just IWU

Is beyond that, The AP- Goodluck.

should fine a lasting solution, beyond just appointment

of new Inec boss.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by sizzlers(m): 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2010
but i dont think the guy is a fi
mrkoma2012:

Its very early to start praiding the lord but there's no hiding the fact that this Iwu has failed woefully at his job.Hope the next appointment performs better.
but i dont think the guy is a failure having gone through his biography, his is an icon but he allowed politicians  to ruin his reputation
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by GbeduN: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2010
the man is doing what he is supposed to be doing and Nigeria will follow him to the promise land. Goodluck "Moses" Jonathan keep doing what you are doing boi!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by sizzlers(m): 7:03pm On Apr 29, 2010
otondo55:

The problem of INEC is not just IWU

Is beyond that, The AP- Goodluck.

should fine a lasting solution, beyond just appointment

of new Inec boss.
lol
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by Tolulop001(f): 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2010
GOD IS ON HIS THRONE!!!!!!!
next please! smiley
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by SapeleGuy: 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2010
Nigerians, Nigerians, Nigerians. Do not be misled.

Iwu was a symptom of the problem and not the root cause.

All the signs (a politicised / coerced judiciary / police, flagrant disregard of court orders & pre election corruption show trials) show that 2011 will be the worst election in our history.

I ask you people a simple question - Do you really expect the people who have benefitted the most from the INEC wuruwuru to really change the system ?

Shine your eyes people.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by Confusion: 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2010
I smell a rat
i smell a rat in Jonathan's Sleeve
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by tayo4me(f): 7:38pm On Apr 29, 2010
Finally o! at last. . .I pray dis is d beginning of good things to come in Nigeria
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by jmoore(m): 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2010
lets wait and see who takes over inec
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by Tattooboy: 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2010
[q]Confusion
Insert Quote
I smell a rat
i smell a rat in Jonathan's
Sleeve[\q] i guess too.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by Tattooboy: 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2010
Soyinka shudn't be next. Not criticizing him but to protect his image.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by Onlytruth(m): 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2010
Like most clever folks on nairaland have already observed, Iwu is not the problem-INEC appointments and funding is. I'm still happy that Iwu is gone though, at least that will finally prove his innocence (if you like).

Bro Jo seems to be learning the "do or die" ropes from his master OBJ. I will remind him of The Igbo saying that "a bird with a weak skull must not engage the woodpecker in a fight". I hope bro Jo has strong skull! To me this seems like a move to checkmate the PDP governors who were resolutely behind Ogbulafor and the PDP zoning formula. By removing Iwu, most of these governors will panic and may start retracting from backing Ogbulafor and the zoning formula. Bro Jo will likely replace Iwu with his ally.
These governors are not sure of winning elections without a proven partner in crime at INEC. If Jonathan really wants to solve our electoral problems, the Uwais report is there.
Until we see some motion in that direction, we wait with bated breath.  cool
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by benzion72(m): 9:49pm On Apr 29, 2010
To me Iwu is not the problem. But the politician, the electorate me and you, INEC officials in the states like Resident officers, Returning officer and local Govt even the NYSC used at Ekiti Election, Party Tugs Tokyo at Ibadan, Eleweomo Saula, God Father like Emeka Offor ,Baba Adedibu Traditional ruler, Emirs and Sultan. Nigeria electoral problem is more than Iwu we as a people are not civilized breed. We are still leaving in the jungle.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by gonyix: 10:09pm On Apr 29, 2010
This is a step in the right direction, but lets all remember that the electoral problems in Nigeria symbolized this time by Prof Iwu, is only a symptom of our bigger problem, more or less a microcosm of the bigger problem plaguing Nigeria; which is CORRUPTION. We are a very corrupt society and removing Prof Iwuh though a magnificient move will not solve our problem. Whenever we wonder why we as a society cannot hold credible elections, we should look in the mirror for that answer. Can anyone point to any thing we as a country have been able to do without the involvement of corruption? or did we all of a sudden believe that our election would not be a reflection of our values as a society. Is it possible that our elections would be the only aspect of our existence as a society, that is devoid of our national albatross? Iwu must go! and then who is next in line to become our scapegoat, who would Jonathan appoint today that would come in and with the wave of a magic wand immediately turn the Nigerian electorate into law- abiding, impeccable and incorruptible society? "
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by gonyix: 10:12pm On Apr 29, 2010
benzion72:

To me Iwu is not the problem. But the politician, the electorate me and you, INEC officials in the states like Resident officers, Returning officer and local Govt even the NYSC used at Ekiti Election, Party Tugs Tokyo at Ibadan, Eleweomo Saula, God Father like Emeka Offor ,Baba Adedibu Traditional ruler, Emirs and Sultan. Nigeria electoral problem is more than Iwu we as a people are not civilized breed.  We are still leaving in the jungle.

TRUTH BE TOLD MY BRODA.
HEAR HEAR!!!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by osasmyguy: 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2010
His removal is quite laudable but I think his replacement is of utmost importance.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by oge4real(f): 11:36pm On Apr 29, 2010
I was sooo thrilled by this news that I bought 4 different newspapers with the same headline!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by pete(m): 6:14am On Apr 30, 2010
1. Jonathan appoints Olisa Agbakoba as INEC chairman, announces that he is not running

2. Jonathan gets a fiat/law or anything barring ANY person who had served in any capacity from contesting for ANYTHING

3. Disband all the current political parties. Open the door to Nigerians who had NEVER traveled or live overseas,except for schooling. Do not own more than 1M naira in their account and would NOT own more than 1M when they leave office. Will not travel during their tenure in office. Trust me when we get our house in order, the mountain in the UK and US will come to us. Check this out, not sure if we went to beg BP and Mobil to come to Nigeria.

4.Invites Foreign electoral monitoring groups into the country

5. Puts at least 200 Billion Naira into the election to ensure training, security and smooth and fair electoral process

There and then I would say there is hope. If not, as one poster said, its soldier go soldier come, OBJ, IBB, GJ,Ibori, they are all one and the same thing. We need a radical approach to redeeming Nigeria. Personally, I think we're trying and I'm sure we'll get there some day.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by martinosi: 8:47am On Apr 30, 2010
ladi02:

Finally!!!  cheesy

EFCC should also remember to pick him up!

Good People, Great Nation!

Why should the EFCC pick him up, what financial crime has he committed?
Why are we so hung up on Indivduals in postition of Apparent Power, when the
ones that surround power are the real ones pulling the strings and no one is
catching them,

Apart from maybe being instructed to initiate some "Vote-counting" Irregularities
from "The Powers that be" i dont think EFCC can pin any Financial crime
on him.

And to summ it up our Acting President is just a "stop-Gap" measure
so i dont know why People are singing his praises like his a "Neo" or
"chosen one" to Initiate change in Nigeria.

His Track recored as Vice-President or a Politician is hazey so
i just think we should keep things in Perspective.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by otokx(m): 8:49am On Apr 30, 2010
A green snake in a green grass is more dangerous than a lion in the forest and am referring to the one who goes by the names Good luck which is an abbreviation of Goodness and Lucky.

@Pete
A lot of things are easier said than done; are you ready to abide by the words that you just uttered? That is the crux of the matter. Are you telling me that you don't have more than N1m in a bank account or in stock holdings or in an investment of some sort?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by emmydee(m): 9:23am On Apr 30, 2010
thank God o.

we'r making progress.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge / Lagos State NURTW Partners Suntrust Bank To Provide New Buses For Members / 2023: Atiku’s Associates Write PDP, Say Only Ex-VP Can Win Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.