Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,293 members, 7,887,871 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:32 PM

Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway (25452 Views)

Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Removal Of Lekki Second Roundabout (Pictures) / Gov. Udom Inspects New Terminal Building At Uyo Airport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Born2Breed(f): 10:33am On Mar 08, 2018
All i see are lots of uncompleted roads.
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Iko5000: 10:34am On Mar 08, 2018
There is night landings and take off of international flights in Port harcourt as well.
Atouke:
Second Runway at The State Owned International Airport in Uyo, The Only State owned and Maintained CAT 2 Airport in Nigeria with Instrument Landing System ILS that enable planes to land in bad weather and at night when there is less visibility.

The AKIA (QUO) is the only airport in Nigeria Besides the federally owned Lagos and Abuja with functional ILS and night landing capabilities at the moment.

Work has reached 90% completion Govt will soon open for use, this great investment that will officially cement AKIA as the airport with the best runway in West Africa.

Interestingly the 2nd runway has the same CBT that will support Aircraft weight, an an impressive length of 3.5km x 60m width as the first runway, and is designed for the biggest/widest Aircraft in the world.
The second runway will also function as a taxiway, this is a very innovative runway design that will allow the airport to remain open in event of the shutdown of any of the runway either for emergency or for maintenance work. cheesy.

This type of runways are uncommon in West Africa, even the Nations capital Abuja Airport has only one runway which was recently shutdown for maintenance, crippling Nigerias Economy that is already walking on crutches.

The Airport is also the home to the biggest Aircraft Maintenance, Repair and overhaul MRO facility building in West Africa, Which will soon open for business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Curiouscity(m): 10:34am On Mar 08, 2018
Atouke:
Atang Anam Agovfnor Nnyin! LOL grin grin

Oga, I can see second term campaign in progress. I can also see you are his agent or close to his kitchen cabinet, as such I want to pass some messages to our dear governor.

Have you ever heard the slogan, "ndito edidia nso"? He should look into this area as promised in his campaign promises. The much touted industrialization is not visible or should I say yet to start. I know you may quickly point at the pencil and toothpick companies, but that is too negligible to a government's project. Let our dear governor give tax relief for say 3-5 yrs to companies ready to move to the state or already operating in the state but ready to employ a certain number of the indigenes. We have cocoa at Ikono/Ini, can he encourage a chocolate company to move in? The governor may also want to revisit the initial mandate of AKIIPOC and see if there is something he can pick for proper and sustainable development. The money the state is losing and indigenes rendered unemployed by the departure of managing contractors at Meridien Hotel and the state silver jubilee hospital could be avoided if a robust strategy was in place.

The road infrastructures are good, but good roads in the cities and rural areas without security is useless as no one can come to the to do business in the atmosphere of insecurity. For example the internal road at Obong University may not deliver the expected dividends if the level of insecurity in that region (along Etim Ekpo- Iwukem, Ukanafun axes) goes unabated. The is insecurity in nearly every senatorial district in the state. I think the Oduma security outfit should be extended to rural areas in addition to Uyo metropolis.

Abasi Odiong Akwa Ibom State ye ofri owo!

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by AmTruth: 10:43am On Mar 08, 2018
Atouke:

I like to speak with figures go to NBS and look up Rivers state. After Lagos the most viable state in Nigeria is rivers facts dont lie. if Wike is doing such a terrible job why is rivers state economy 2 in the country?
please put sentiment aside.
I didnt say roads are the only thing rivers need. i said he is making the state more liveable, part of a place being liveable is infrastructure. roads is part of them. now there is a pleasure park where families can relax. the biggest mall in west africa will open in portharcout in a few months time.
Recently portharcout hosted the African wrestling championship, that attracted the world attention. it was successful. the world is taking note that the place is safe for business, those little things count.

Am talking of moribund companies in trans amadi and non existence of newly attracted manufacturing industry you are talking about NBS figure. Am talking about non existence of free education/scholarship, you're talking about pleasure park. Am talking about sustainable job opportunities in the civil service you're talking about hosting African wrestling championship. Please let us not bring our standard to this level is that what we need over our future? For the biggest mall that's nice even though the one built by former gov.Omehia using state resources is still moribund opposite gtb bank in GRA aba express way PH.
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by alfchye(m): 10:49am On Mar 08, 2018
Ambode did 3 bridges in lagos and 150km road and he has increased tenanetment rate....stupid Afonjas will be praising him... Oya Udom increase everything in Akwa Ibom state wit all dis feat

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by saintkeppy(m): 10:55am On Mar 08, 2018
Atouke:

You are being economical with the truth by judging a project that is still under construction as not straight. wait till its complete then you can criticize.
Where else in Nigeria have you seen roads in villages with side drains and walkways? Be truthful, It is only Gov. Udom that is constructing all roads including the ones in interior villages with side drains, stone bases and every road is well monitored and built to standard and specification.

Guy, I am not against Udom at all or any politician that is ready to serve his people, I criticise constructively, I love &have good taste for quality jobs including Top-Notch finishing &i don't support shady jobs or mediocrity just because you're rushing to complete road projects across the state before May 29th or before Campaign starts.

This is my observation when I visited Uyo:

1. Some or should I say Many of those roads are not properly done by those Local Contractors &its sub-standard, the laterite &stone-base compacting good, but gutters? poor finishing by my rating looks like those poor shady NDDC Road contract jobs.
Please take note Gov.Wike of RVS also engaged Local contractors, my broda, their finishing better pass this, with pavement &walkways.

The same system former Gov'nor Attah used &2day pot-holes every where on some of those roads, poor drainage, priming& Asphalting, projects awarded to political friends, party associate, they made money, buy houses &SUVs, I am not against awarding contracts to whosoever, but give me quality job, this is what Keppy wanna to see.

I know they're trying to minimize cost in expense of quality jobs, but this is tax payers money, it is not their money, all we are saying is QUALITY JOB DELIVERY to stand the Test of Time. They should borrow a leaf from former Gov'nor Akpabio &fomer Comm.of Works, Mr. Don Etim, they were not Civil Engineers by profession but they gave me Quality roads to ride on with street lighting.

All the roads&streets in Calabar initiated &completed by former Gov. Duke of CRS is still fresh till 2day (18yrs) &still counting, this was a man of quality, he pays unscheduled visit to any project site&expresses displeasure if he observe any shady jobs done, check other of his Projects across the state, Quality.

Abeg, They should try as much as possible to expand the roads in the Villages a bit, atleast they're not paying much compensation for buildings there, just a virgin land. #buildforthefuture

If the roads in Uyo Metropolis is a bit narrow I will understand cos it already a massive built-up area &paying compensation to pull down physical properties for a common street expansion is not advisable.

2. On the Udo Udoma Avenue Extension part of the ring road, I expected to see a well-expand road on a virgin land, but not impressed with the width of the road.
Why is it taking ages to complete that Etebi-Enwang Road?

Tell ur Commissioner, no be every time him go dey wear suit go inspect some shady job, he should appear rugged with his pair of jean, &call those contractors to order.

Everytime wearing Suit.

3. Most of those roads you mentioned in Oron Town are already an existing roads such as Mary Hanny, Convent, etc
What are they trying to do, are they trying to dualize them or to provide drainage where there was none? I doubt if u visit most of this project site.
I will mention here any further observations.
My broda, there are many other Roads in Oron Town &its environs, that needs serious attention, either rehabilitation or Expansion.
Infact let me just chill till when I visit Oron Town for the Coronation Ceremony of His Majesty, The Ahta of Oro Nation, Edidem Isemin.
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 11:05am On Mar 08, 2018
Curiouscity:

Oga, I can see second term campaign in progress. I can also see you are his agent or close to his kitchen cabinet, as such I want to pass some messages to our dear governor.

Have you ever heard the slogan, "ndito edidia no"? He should look into this area as promised in his campaign promises. The much touted industrialization is not visible or should I say yet to start. I know you may quickly point at the pencil and toothpick companies, but that is too negligible to a government's project. Let our dear governor give tax relief for say 3-5 yrs to companies ready to move to the state or already operating in the state but ready to employ a certain number of the indigenes. We have cocoa at Ikono/Ini, can he encourage a chocolate company to move in? The governor may also want to revisit the initial mandate of AKIIPOC and see if there is something he can pick for proper and sustainable development. The money the state is losing and indigenes rendered unemployed by the departure of managing contractors at Meridien Hotel and the state silver jubilee hospital could be avoided if a robust strategy was in place.

The road infrastructures are good, but good roads in the cities and rural areas without security is useless as no one can come to the to do business in the atmosphere of insecurity. For example the internal road at Obong University may not deliver the expected dividends if the level of insecurity in that region (along Etim Ekpo- Iwukem, Ukanafun axes) goes unabated. The is insecurity in nearly every senatorial district in the state. I think the Oduma security outfit should be extended to rural areas in addition to Uyo metropolis.

Abasi Odiong Akwa Ibom State ye ofri owo!

Abong Owo song idem o, am not an agent of Udom but a proud and satisfied citizen of Akwa Ibom. Am proud of our gov.
First Industrialization is a process and not a destination, You guys are quick to dismiss the tooth pick and pencil factory, But here's the deal. do you know that the Factory was for a long time producing below capacity not because of lack of raw materials or electricity, but because of the lackadaisical attitude of the youths employed there, they were late, lazy, not fast and feeling they could do better or earn more money else where, it got so bad that they were unable to generate enough income to pay even their own wages. Some were weeded out and others learnt and improved on the job. the factory is backon track now. and a plastic factory has been added to the pencil and toothpick factory.

Lessons learnt. Our youths had no idea what working in a manufacturing factory setting was, but now they have learnt and are improving and honing their skills, that experience you can never buy in the market.
It must start somewhere, those guys now working and growing those cottage industries will some day use that experience to run a heavy industry some where. Udom has put Akwa Ibom youths through manufacturing industry training in just 2yrs 10 months on the saddle.
That is Huge

on the chocolate factory, No factory exists without raw materials, there is an ongoing coco revolution in Akwa Ibom as we speak i will not elaborate further Mbak Mme ndito Idiok esit. hundreds of akwa ibom youths were trained by experts from Ghana on prunning and modern. techniques of cocoa farming.
Do you know that for years our cocoa products were counted for cross river state because we didnt produce enough to warrant or attract a produce board in Akwa Ibom. All that is changing as we speak. Ete ubom Its a good time to be an Akwa ibomite under Udom. Alot of common sense changes are happening and more are on the pipe line.

For you to call the cottage industries as the only industrialization effort of this governor is being economical with the truth. Have you heard of the syringe factory? the largest one in africa. the only other one in Africa is in South Africa and this one in Onna is many times the size of the
SA one in terms of capacity.
How about the electricity meter manufacturing plant?
How about the revived peacock paint.
the kings flour mill under construction.
The Coconut oil refinery under construction
St gabriel coconut plantation ?
etc
Udom Has more Akwa Ibom people working permenent jobs in the private sector than any governor in our history as a state. is it enough? the Answer based on the level of unemployment is capital NO, but the journey has began, the process is on course and we also need brilliant Akwa Ibom people like you to come and help. it is called private sector for a reason not Government sector.
Abasi udoing fien.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Odunayaw(m): 11:09am On Mar 08, 2018
While laudable, its a huge turn off seeing open drainages/gutters
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by vikithor(m): 11:10am On Mar 08, 2018
As i scroll endlessly seeing what great infrastructural development going on in this state afraiding was catching me ,why ?
that other state has ben johnson in speed fia run pass my state in terms of touchable n feelable development ,
as i hear say na akwa ibom na so esit kon nem mi dudu uu i come dey ni- ogit so tey i come happy cos na my state be ra t oooo

if vex cos of my ingrish ,tell me (not on map )but touchable n feelable things your own state governor has done ,
no mention statues construction o
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 11:24am On Mar 08, 2018
saintkeppy:

Guy, I am not against Udom at all or any politician that is ready to serve his people, I criticise constructively, I love &have good taste for quality jobs including Top-Notch finishing &i don't support shady jobs or mediocrity just because you're rushing to complete road projects across the state before May 29th or before Campaign starts.

1. Some or should I say Many of those roads are not properly done by those Local Contractors &its sub-standard, the laterite &stone-base compacting good, but gutters? poor finishing by my rating looks like those poor shady NDDC Road contract jobs.
Please take note Gov.Wike of RVS also engaged Local contractors, my broda, their finishing better pass this, with pavement &walkways.

The same system former Gov'nor Attah used &2day pot-holes every where on some of those roads, poor drainage, priming& Asphalting, projects awarded to political friends, party associate, they made money, buy houses &SUVs, I am not against awarding contracts to whosoever, but give me quality job, this is what Keppy wanna to see.

I know they're trying to minimize cost in expense of quality jobs, but this is tax payers money, it is not their money, all we are saying is QUALITY JOB DELIVERY to stand the Test of Time. They should borrow a leaf from former Gov'nor Akpabio &fomer Comm.of Works, Mr. Don Etim, they were not Civil Engineers by profession but they gave me Quality roads to ride on with street lighting.

All the roads&streets in Calabar initiated &completed by former Gov. Duke of CRS is still fresh till 2day (18yrs) &still counting, this was a man of quality, he pays unscheduled visit to any project site&expresses displeasure if he observe any shady jobs done, check other of his Projects across the state, Quality.

Abeg, They should try as much as possible to expand the roads in the Villages a bit, atleast they're not paying much compensation for buildings there, just a virgin land. #buildforthefuture

If the roads in Uyo Metropolis is a bit narrow I will understand cos it already a massive built-up area &paying compensation to pull down physical properties for a common street expansion is not advisable.

2. On the Udo Udoma Avenue Extension part of the ring road, I expected to see a well-expand road on a virgin land, but not impressed with the width of the road.

Tell ur Commissioner, no be every time him go dey wear suit go inspect some shady job, he should appear rugged with his pair of jean, &call those contractors to order.

Everytime wearing Suit.

3. Most of those roads you mentioned in Oron Town are already an existing roads such as Mary Hanny, Convent, etc
What are they trying to do, are they trying to dualize them or to provide drainage where there was none?
My broda, there are other Roads in Oron Town that needs serious attention, either rehabilitation or Expansion.
Infact let me just chill till when I visit Oron Town for the Coronation Ceremony of His Majesty, The Ahta of Oro Nation, Edidem Isemin.

Now i will totally disagree with you on ideology. All Dualized roads in the state are done by proven contractors, Julius berger is in Uyo to Ikot Ekpene road, Uyo to etinan underground drainages and storm water channelization. CCECC are in Etinan to eket, etc The ones you call local contractors are the some of them are from the same rivers state like the wike you are praising Bulletine and a number of them are based in PH.
Our local contractors are also doing great and their quality is often better than the Big name contractors. Seyang, Hensek,Hammkkop etc are local contractors but they are doing excellent jobs. Besides the current commissioner is an energizer bunny you cant get a shoddy job past him.

Where i disagree with you is that we should let julius berger build our streets? If they do What will our own civil Engineers do? You cant buy experience in the market. Our engineers must start from constructing our streets and from there move onto bigger ventures. They can do it . They just need to be monitored to stick to specifications and standards. I am pro capable local contractors especially where they have the technical nowhow. for the big jobs it can go to the giants.

I like what Udom is doing, today If you go to Akwa Ibom Indigenous construction firms full ground and are doing great jobs. we need to encourage our own.The Julius berger's of today started crawling before they can run as fast today.

On Etebi - Ewang road was a very ambitious project for a good time like we had during Gov. Akpabio where Money was not a hindrance,I salute his courage for attempting such construction feat,But unfortunately he couldnt complete it.

That road passes through a swamp which requires a lot of sand filling and also has a 1.1km long bridge which even the Federal government will find it dificult to build. But Gov. Udom being a business wizard he is, has Deployed his Alternative Funding Approach to revive that road the people of Ewang and Etebi axis are smiling as we speak as work has began there again after many years of abandonment by the previous administration.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by myproperty(m): 11:34am On Mar 08, 2018
Some state governors commission statutes of people from other country and this one is trying and some people still call him mediocre.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by IJOBA2: 11:44am On Mar 08, 2018
AKWA IBOM ADIGO MMA

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 11:44am On Mar 08, 2018
myproperty:
Some state governors commission statutes of people from other country and this one is trying and some people still call him mediocre.

They call him Mediocre because he is not a typical Nigerian Who talks too much and does Little.
I love Udom he lets his Action speak for him.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by AmTruth: 11:45am On Mar 08, 2018
@ATOUKE...And all you want for Rivers state is Road, Africa wrestling championship and Pleasure park. After all this gradual industrialisation taking place in Akwaibom. ATOUKE there is God ooooo!

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by ekpang4u(m): 11:46am On Mar 08, 2018
Governor Udom is working

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 11:49am On Mar 08, 2018
AmTruth:
@ATOUKE...And all you want for Rivers state is Road, Africa wrestling championship and Pleasure park. After all this gradual industrialisation taking place in Akwaibom. ATOUKE there is God ooooo!

O boy ebi like say you be wike hater? wetin wike do you?
Ami do owo wike. or Awike as we call him over here. LOL

If you think rivers is lacking behind in industrialization Ngwa make we exchange industries. Akwa Ibom will take all that is in rivers and we will give you all the industries we have in Akwa Ibom.
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by UDIOK: 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2018
Billyonaire:
This Governor does not deserve a second term.

The construction work is shady and class-less.
ZOMBIE Spotted

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
saintkeppy:

Everytime wearing Suit.

What are they trying to do, are they trying to dualize them or to provide drainage where there was none? I doubt if u visit most of this project site.
I will mention here any further observations.
My broda, there are many other Roads in Oron Town &its environs, that needs serious attention, either rehabilitation or Expansion.

Obong owo song idem o.
Etubom please learn to appreciate your own. there was a time the road network in calabar intimidated us from Akwa Ibom espercially during donal duke yrs. he did well in that regards and we Okopusem people appreciate him, even though he left so much debt for the state , but he did well.
I think today No Akwa Ibom child will be intimidated by the share number of good roads in any city in Nigeria. Today we drive on flyovers, see them daily drive on good roads for hrs without portholes within our state. we should thank god for that.
It wasnt always like that, should we ask for more? YES but we should appreciate what we have.

you are free to criticize your govt. its your civic responsibility. but be truthful and honest in your assesment.

here is a picture of what this governor did in Oron in 2yrs 10 months Area of oron was impassable and locked like and Abandoned town because of erosion menace today it feels like a nature preserve. https://www.nairaland.com/4016783/oronnigeria-coastal-city-gets-face check this out and appreciate Governor udom. It wasn't always like this in Oron.
the people of that Area understand what am saying better.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by UDIOK: 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
Billyonaire:
Seems the Governor just woke up from slumber, a very sectional political mistake that Akpabio made, but I can understand that he thought as a great mind in the Financial Services sector, that brain translate to common-sense, but this is not the case here.

The roads are shady and narrow, the gutters are not straight, the culvets are silly-looking.

I do not think he should be given a chance at a second term. The picture of his house that I saw, made me think they man got some taste, but I was mistaken, he is a massive fraud.
Clap hand for yourself....Before you requesting for pictures and evidence now you sing a different song.. .shame on you...please next time go with tape and measure the span of the road then tell me if it is standard measurement or not.....i give up on you
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Freeman50(m): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2018
Atouke:
Usung Mbakara = Macadamized road. Teaching you guys Ibibio. grin
Teaching them ibibio indeed and at same time shading/mocking them with their intonation (yuncion adoo abi?) Are you from where?
Atouke sef?
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Bigboss111(m): 12:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
While some governors are busy commissioning developmental projects for their citizens, some are busy arming their sects to kill the electorates.

Feel like shedding tears.

Governor Udom, good job. Congrats to all the people of Akwa - Ibom for the successes so far made by your governor... more are still coming by God's grace.

Wiping my tears......

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 12:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
Freeman50:
Teaching them ibibio indeed and at same time shading/mocking them with their intonation (yuncion adoo abi?) Are you from where?
Atouke sef?

Afo Anam nte afo us kod ke itie ado ado Yuncion? Akporo ase akod Junction then you clap for yourself , You are a Yampion. grin grin grin grin

It takes a self confidient person to make fun of hisself or ourself. I am Confirmed Akwa Ibomite.and i actually love the way a typical Akwa Ibom person speaks English accent an all.

Every race, tribe and ethnicity has Accent limitations, we are not an exception. embrace your Akwa Ibomness with pride.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Freeman50(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2018
Atouke:

Afo Anam nte afo us kod ke itie ado ado Yuncion? Akporo ase akod Junction then you clap for yourself , You are a Yampion. grin grin grin grin

It takes a self confidient person to make fun of himself. I am Confirmed Akwa Ibomite.

Every race, tribe and ethnicity has Accent limitations, we are not an exception. embrace your Akwa Ibomness with pride.
Well, it's a natural phenomenon.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by piagetskinner(m): 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2018
did u say 1700 km of roads...sound like an exaggeration... anything at thumbs up still better than most governors

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2018
piagetskinner:
did u say 1700 km of roads...sound like an exaggeration... anything at thumbs up still better than most governors

Yes 1700km, some completed, some recently awarded and others at various stages of completion.
Its not a fluke in Akwa Ibom No exaggeration of figures. Because house of Assembly Appropriates money for roads based on KM. If you do 3km and say you did 10km when budget performance is done at the end of the year then you will have to account for the 7km. that how its done here.

No Gov. will exaggerate road km, because it will come back to hunt them but if they want to exaggerate they can say stuff thats not easily measurable like i did 500 roads, How do you measure that? i road can be in 10 phases for all you know.

If a governor gives you a measurable quantity like roads in Km. You better believe.

Even the FG will not mention a measurable qty like KM in roads construction if you doubt Ask works minister fashola how many km of roads he has constructed since inception of office? If he gives you a direct answer, I will give you all the money i used in building my bussines website LOL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Kjking(m): 12:42pm On Mar 08, 2018
I've lived in Akwa ibom for almost two decades now, I've seen the rise and fall of governments in the state. recently i relocated to Oyo, Ogbomosho to be precise, trust me, I can proudly say that Udom has tried, in terms of roads and the duration of time he's spent in office, I can applaud his effort.. I can hardly find any road in uyo as good as one road Akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by saintkeppy(m): 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2018
Atouke:

Now i will totally disagree with you on ideology. All Dualized roads in the state are done by proven contractors, Julius berger is in Uyo to Ikot Ekpene road, Uyo to etinan underground drainages and storm water channelization. CCECC are in Etinan to eket, etc The ones you call local contractors are the some of them are from the same rivers state like the wike you are praising Bulletine and a number of them are based in PH.
Our local contractors are also doing great and their quality is often better than the Big name contractors. Seyang, Hensek,Hammkkop etc are local contractors but they are doing excellent jobs. Besides the current commissioner is an energizer bunny you cant get a shoddy job past him.

Where i disagree with you is that we should let julius berger build our streets? If they do What will our own civil Engineers do? You cant buy experience in the market. Our engineers must start from constructing our streets and from there move onto bigger ventures. They can do it . They just need to be monitored to stick to specifications and standards. I am pro capable local contractors especially where they have the technical nowhow. for the big jobs it can go to the giants.

I like what Udom is doing, today If you go to Akwa Ibom Indigenous construction firms full ground and are doing great jobs. we need to encourage our own.The Julius berger's of today started crawling before they can run as fast today.

Forget about the dualization of those big roads, I am fully aware, Of course, they're handled by the gaints &u'll be rest-assured of a good quality jobs.

I am not saying we should not support our own contractors, of course they need encouragement, but what i'm trying to say is they should deliver without compromising quality & standards, like Billyonaire has pointed out that their drainage&gutter ain't smooth, this goes to show am not the only 1 observing it, they should work on their lapses &try to learn from the Big boys speedily.

I know Bulletine, Hammakkop, Hensek even Basse Contractors, them dey try &of course they're not the ones handling all the street in Uyo &other towns.
Besides the bridges, give me 1000 quality roads across the state with good drainages outta that lot&i will not cough a word.
Like what I said earlier, I am not against awarding contracts to mushroom companies or Locals, but correct them when u notice any lapses, show them instances, &how u want it to be, it's part of the crawling process till when they begin to get the experience &expert in the biz.
No be to dey use hand dey mix concrete like some contractors in Abia State. grin

Now address the other 2 points I mentioned & what is the fate of Brooks street expansion? Or is it gonna remain like that?

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
saintkeppy:

Forget about the dualization of those big roads, I am fully aware, Of course, they're handled by the gaints &u'll be rest-assured of a good quality jobs.

I am not saying we should not support our own contractors, of course they need encouragement, but what i'm trying to say is they should deliver without compromising quality & standards, like Billyonaire has pointed out that their drainage&gutter ain't smooth, this goes to show am not the only 1 observing it, they should work on their lapses &try to learn from the Big boys speedily.

I know Bulletine, Hammakkop, Hensek even Basse Contractors, them dey try &of course they're not the ones handling all the street in Uyo &other towns.
Besides the bridges, give me 1000 quality roads across the state with good drainages outta that lot&i will not cough a word.
Like what I said earlier, I am not against awarding contracts to mushroom companies or Locals, but correct them when u notice any lapses, show them instances, &how u want it to be, it's part of the crawling process till when they begin to get the experience &expert in the biz.
No be to dey use hand dey mix concrete like some contractors in Abia State. grin

Now address the other 2 points I mentioned & what is the fate of Brooks street expansion? Or is it gonna remain like that?
Not everything will be done to everyones satisfaction. I look at those pictures my self and say job well done, but what do i know?
Oga Mbok, you can direct your question here http://works.akwaibomstate.gov.ng/
Have a wonderful day. Abasi Udiong fien.
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by UDIOK: 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2018
bekpo:
The wY and manner successive Government r treating the people of Ini Local Govt is so disheartening. Some-a-times I used to wander whether or not Ini local govt is not part of Akwa Ibom State. Look at how Gov Udom Emmanuel just throw a project at Ini, when other parts of the state are having multiple projects. Places like Nkari in Ini has absolutely no access road, no electricity and no water . What is d essence of Government when these primary responsibility of Government to d masses r not archived. Project should be evenly distributed across the local government Areas of the State. Ini local govt is the worst hit of marginalization. This trend need to be reversed.
You have a commissioner, house member chairman SSA, what are they doing are they not representing u well Gov wont enter the nooks and cranes of every LGA it is the duty of the adore-mention to keep the fire burning and draw the attention of the Gov.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by sunsewa16: 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2018
Billyonaire:
This Governor does not deserve a second term.

The construction work is shady and class-less.

dirty,dirty, belle. afo dooty. Ur identity I guess is affiliated with those broom waving witches and wizards, apthieves.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by sitippe: 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
Who will save Akwa Ibom from paying for darkness ?

"How can I pay bill of N15,000 for less than 24 hours of electricity supplied in a month". "Throughout a month, we have never seen a blink of electricity. But we were given a bill of over N20,000. This isn't just robbery but wickedness ".

READ MORE[url]
https://sitippe.com/2018/03/08/will-save-akwa-ibom-paying-darkness/[/url]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Picks Edo North Senatorial District Form / Heinekin Lopkobiri Graduates From Leeds Beckett University / Apostle Suleman Prays For Governor Okowa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.