Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,732 members, 7,941,764 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:57 PM

American Style. A Short And Hilarious Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / American Style. A Short And Hilarious Story (531 Views)

The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) / My Friendship Story (A hilarious story of true and inspirational friendship) / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

American Style. A Short And Hilarious Story by EgbechoFaith2: 9:28am On Mar 08, 2018
Another day in Okene community and rain has not still kissed the soil. Agnes would have committed an abomination by stepping out of her compound with a hoe in her basin but thanks to Chi who made man and woman a pair in togetherness. Her husband’s voice came from behind to remind her of the significance of that day. It was Eke day. To Okene people, farming is sweetest when you are almost done with planting seeds before the heavy rain starts thronging the earth but no matter how sweet, every one rests on Eke day. Agnes thanked her husband while he smiled at her forgetfulness which was skulked by eagerness. She wondered why the day looked lost to her, something might be coming.
Some minutes later, a girl came from the Anglican Church to report that Sabina was missing from the gathering of the young girls in church. Agnes screamed and slumped, heaving her shoulders in frustration.

“I complained of this five-day church program but you let her go when you know what kind of daughter you gave me Agnes” Ikeh’s voice roared.

“What kind of daughter do you think Sabina is? She is a human being and must partake in what others are doing. Hei! Sabina has done a new bad thing.”

“But she didn’t also agree to go; now look, she has strayed again.”

“Ikeh stop adding problems to this. Let us go and find out how she left.” She suggested.

“Find out from Otakah our great dibia you mean?”

“Taaah! Holy ghost fire! I am born again.” Agnes rebuffed her heathen husband.

“Iiyaah! Born into Mary and born against satan.” Ikeh mocked.

Agnes stood up and adjusted her lappa, “Let us go to the church and find out there and ask questions to know how she left before you joke expensively.”

“Nnamdi! Nnamdi!” Agnes called her only son. She had just returned from making enquiries with her husband and their calves grooved in pain. They eased themselves to two wooden chairs in the verandah while calling on their son.

Nnamdi reported with endless questions. “Eeh! Mama! Papa! Mama where is Sabina? Have they told you anything? Is Sabina not really in church or they said she went to buy something?”

Agnes ridiculously gazed at him and replied, “Mama Chukwe was the only who saw her. She said she saw her entering....
continue..
http://egbechofaith.com/american-style/
Re: American Style. A Short And Hilarious Story by krissconnect(m): 9:50am On Mar 08, 2018
Egbechofaith2 undecided
Re: American Style. A Short And Hilarious Story by EgbechoFaith2: 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2018
Ooops

(1) (Reply)

This Mantra Will Help You Change How You Think About Yourself / Some Amazing Fact About Lagos Nigeria That You Never Knew! / 35 Author Hashtags To Market Your Next Bestseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.