Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,082 members, 7,946,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

Buhari Yet To Inform Me On His Planned Rivers Visit – Wike - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buhari Yet To Inform Me On His Planned Rivers Visit – Wike (309 Views)

B.R.E.A.K.I.N.G. N.E.W.S. !!!!!! This Is To Inform The General Public And Th / 14 Hours After Lekki Shooting Incident In Nigeria, President Buhari Yet To Speak / Presidency Gives Reason For Rivers Visit, Says State Is Troubled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Yet To Inform Me On His Planned Rivers Visit – Wike by theJournalng(m): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2018
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari’s proposed visit to the state may be geared towards resuscitating the comatosed All Progressive Congress (APC) in the state.

Flagging off the reconstruction of Egbelu Street and construction of link roads in East-West in Rumuodara, Obio Akpor Local Government Area on Thursday, Wike said that the Federal Government is yet to inform him on the President’s visit and the purpose of the visit.

He said: “I hear they say that the President is coming to our state. I have not been told the President is coming and why he is coming. He has the right to come to any state.

“Maybe the President is coming to make sure that he will improve the fortunes of the APC that is dead in Rivers State.

“Apart from Jesus Christ, we don’t know of anyone who has risen a dead thing. APC is a dead party in Rivers State. No matter how you fast and pray, it will never wake up”.

Governor Wike encouraged Rivers people to be unperturbed by the politics or otherwise of the visit, because the state is very peaceful.

“Let nobody bother him or herself that the President is coming for security reasons. We don’t have security challenges in the state.We have never had herdsmen killings or crisis in the state except when some criminals tried to disrupt the peace and they were checked. We resolved that challenge.

“Wike, also noted that since the state produces a large chunk of the wealth that sustains the nation, the president is welcomed to the treasure base of the nation.

According to him: “Since the administration has abandoned Rivers State for three years, this visit may be a blessing in disguise.

“The President may use the visit to complete the Port Harcourt International Airport, the neglected East West road, the neglected sea ports and the rejected Port Harcourt-Aba road”.

Source: journalng.com

https://journalng.com/2018/03/08/buhari-yet-inform-planned-rivers-visit-wike/

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Maiduguri / Responsible Behavior In High School Stick Around 50 Years Later / Top Things Nigerians Living Overseas Do When They Travel Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.