Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,683 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:12 AM

Anambra Monarch Drugged, Escapes Assassination Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Monarch Drugged, Escapes Assassination Bid (403 Views)

Olaniran Akanfe Atidade Escapes Assassination, Hides In Bush For 2 Hours / Anambra Monarch Donates Campaign Vehicle To Buhari / Nnamdi Kanu Chased Away From Nri Palace Of Anambra Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Monarch Drugged, Escapes Assassination Bid by OrientDailyNews: 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2018

By Phil Okose, Onitsha

he traditional ruler of Nawfia, Njikoka Local Government Area, Anambra State, Igwe Chijioke Nwankwo, allegedly escaped assassination by the whiskers on March 2, 2018.

Orient Daily learnt that the monarch, on the fateful day, was asleep in one of the rooms in his palace, a storey building, when suspected assassins, with the help of a ladder they came with, climbed the building. They cut the mosquito net hanging on the window with a razor blade, spread some substances believed to be killer drug in the room where he was sleeping and climbed down.

Minutes later, they went into the room through another window and ransacked the entire building while the drug was working on the monarch. They collected three GSM handsets, two laptops and some bottles of wine/hot drinks. As the monarch regained consciousness, they fled abandoning their ladder and the pieces of clothe they came with.

Narrating his ordeal to newsmen, Nwankwo said, “there are people I am suspecting that may have perpetrated the act. I have informed the police but they are yet to investigate and that has been the problem with Nigerian Police. This is the second assassination attempt on me and the police have not been able to investigate the matter. The razor blade they used to cut the net is still there, the ladder was recovered by the side of the fence because they could not run away with it when I regained consciousness. Everything is still as they left it and that is why it is necessary that the police should hasten up and take the records before it is late”.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/cover-story/anambra-monarch-drugged-escapes-assassination/

lalasticlala seun
Re: Anambra Monarch Drugged, Escapes Assassination Bid by dafeyankee: 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2018
East and bad news sef.

Instead of this King of a town with 8 people to say he drink palmwine come passout,he dey claim say them drug am as if he know.

Make I wait make them blame Yoruba for this again. Na everybody fault except their own.
Re: Anambra Monarch Drugged, Escapes Assassination Bid by alphacyborg(m): 3:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
dafeyankee:
East and bad news sef.

Instead of this King of a town with 8 people to say he drink palmwine come passout,he dey claim say them drug am as if he know.

Make I wait make them blame Yoruba for this again. Na everybody fault except their own.

angry

1 Like

Re: Anambra Monarch Drugged, Escapes Assassination Bid by shallysgirl: 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2018
dafeyankee:
East and bad news sef.

Chai,so west is full of good news. SMH

(1) (Reply)

Buhari ‘never Knows Anything’, Senator Attacks President / Buhari Orders Mdas Defend Budget At NASS, Says SGF / Wake Up To Your Responsibility-sultan-led JNI Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.