Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,915 members, 7,883,182 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (814196 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 8:18am On May 06, 2018
How do one create an account in the cic website . i see sign in partner i see gc key.. I'm confused... Which do i click to create an account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Igbouwanile(m): 8:29am On May 06, 2018
Maxihyfr:
How do one create an account in the cic website . i see sign in partner i see gc key.. I'm confused... Which do i click to create an account
Use GC Key and sign up by creating username and password
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 8:33am On May 06, 2018
Igbouwanile:

Use GC Key and sign up by creating username and password

Thanks Man �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 8:50am On May 06, 2018
charlyduru:

Bruv am very interested in auto diagnosis , let’s talk check your pm

ok sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 9:18am On May 06, 2018
EfeNuda1:

Congratulations. Firstly, you can renew your passport in the Ghana embassy in Canada. After renewal, you will then apply for extension of your study permit. You can only apply for extension of your study permit few months before it’s expiry. Don’t worry, once u apply you are deemed to have a student status.

Remember applying for study permit is different from TRV renewal. If you want to travel out, you will need to extend your TRV also.

The period before renewing your passport is based on your countries regulation but mostly within few mo the to expiry.

Don’t be scared, don’t think about it. Just come to Canada. Everything will work out seamlessly. Instead, start looking at ur career projection, which professionals exams you need to take, how you will settle and buy houses. Study permit extension and passport renewal are little things to worry about. Canada is a very very good country. GOD Bless CANADA

Thank you so much. I can breathe now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 9:28am On May 06, 2018
kylexy61:

Thank you so much. I can breathe now.

Pls wats TRV?!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:45am On May 06, 2018
I concur with you sir. Rather than thinking of houses, why not accomplish the first thing you came for. Excel at your academics. Find volunteer jobs during the summer if you can’t land a paid internship. Canadian Qualification and experience would be a treasure to you. Do the important things first before you get carried away.

jnyuwa02:

Settle down and buy houses? Devote your time to your studies and make a first class and come thank me later. That would be the thing that will open doors for you. Worry about buying houses when you graduate and have your PR. I don’t know about Canada. But in the United States, nobody will sell a house to you until you are a PR or citizen. Yes he can apply for Ghana passport in Canada within a few months of expiry. That too is for the future.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 10:13am On May 06, 2018
Lotusboi:
I concur with you sir. Rather than thinking of houses, why not accomplish the first thing you came for. Excel at your academics. Find volunteer jobs during the summer if you can’t land a paid internship. Canadian Qualification and experience would be a treasure to you. Do the important things first before you get carried away.

Of course sir.

Buying a house will be the last thing on my mind while I'm studying. My concerns were with being able to renew passport and extend study permit. Those concerns have been addressed now.

So as you and jnyuwa02 pointed out, excelling in my studies will be my primary focus. Then hopefully, if I secure a PR in the future, I can think about settling down and buying houses.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 10:17am On May 06, 2018
Maxihyfr:

Pls wats TRV?!

Temporary Residence Visa. That's the document that allows you to travel into and out of canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dorisdili: 10:40am On May 06, 2018
Hello house. Got to Canada safely. The immigration process at the point of entry isnt difficult. You just have to follow through the different process as directed. You will be asked questions by the immigration officers just answer them confidently, that's my own little advice.

At the first point of entry i gave them my immigration form that was given to me to fill in the plane. I was asked what are my basis of coming to Canada, what program, what school, how many years program. I was also asked to show a proof that am really going to study, then i showed her my admission letter and fees receipt. So its advised to have them in ur hand luggage as u might be asked. She also asked if i had and alcohol on me, if i had money or treasures on me worth up to 10000CAD(cos u have to declare it at the point of entry if you do, else u will pay a fine if they find out and u didn't declare it). How much i brought into Canada. So i answered the questions and was given back the stamped form to proceed to the second immigration officer.

At this stage i was asked what program i was going for, what school and how many years. Then the immigration officer threw a joke and said " i know u ran away from the hardship in Nigeria, i hear living in Nigeria is difficult" then i laughed and said not really, that i came basically for studies. Then he said "how is the cold in Nigeria, how is the snow" at that point my mind went to he probably wanted to know if i was really coming from Nigeria like i said. That was the only thing that came to my head that would make him say how is the snow. Then i laughed and said Nigeria has no snow, Nigeria is very hot. Then we laughed over it and he stamped my study permit and asked me to proceed to get my SIN(social insurance number) for work.
I went to the next immigration officer and filled out a form and was issued my SIN.
Basically that's about the summary of my experience at the point of entry.

So to all those coming in soon just answer ur questions at the Point of entry confidently and u are good to go. Wish u all best of luck . To all TRV hopefuls trust God and he will make it happen.

P.S Canadians are nice people, they smile at u for no just course, so don't hesitate to ask questions when u are confused at any point. If you tell them its ur first time in Canada they are always excited and eager to help you.

I am still trying to settle. Also make sure ur phone gsm broadband is compactable with Canadian gsm broadband before leaving ur home country else ur phone wont work with Canadian sim. I am having same issue right now cos i wasn't pre-informed. I jost got a new phone here. Information is key!!!

Best of luck guys!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:44am On May 06, 2018
Lotusboi:

Yup!! So many Nigerians get carried away by the allures of a new society . Instead of devoting their time to their studies, they start chasing after girls, working like crazy and buying stuff for their families back home on credit card. Canada as much as has opportunity, is not an easy place and places high demand on achievements. The quicker one finds out, the better. Bury your head in that book for a number of years and study, it will pay up in cash and in kind later. The joy of putting that gown and graduating and been announced a graduate, is more honorable than been kicked out of school on probabtion just because you are busy chasing money instead of schooling.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 10:51am On May 06, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I won’t recommend loan. Stay only sponsorship if you can. But if you must go loan also, do your best to show VO that you have strong ties to induce your return and that your prospects back home are so lucrative. Never seen a loan succeed with the Canadians. Maybe you can be the first! It is a tall order, good luck!

What i got is education loan for the masters funding.
I read about it and discovered it could be used for canadian embassy.
Am surprised at u saying u have never seen a loan succeed....

Please does anyone have an idea on if Educational loan can be used for embassy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:52am On May 06, 2018
Dorisdili:
Hello house. Got to Canada safely. The immigration process at the point of entry isnt difficult. You just have to follow through the different process as directed. You will be asked questions by the immigration officers just answer them confidently, that's my own little advice.

At the first point of entry i gave them my immigration form that was given to me to fill in the plane. I was asked what are my basis of coming to Canada, what program, what school, how many years program. I was also asked to show a proof that am really going to study, then i showed her my admission letter and fees receipt. So its advised to have them in ur hand luggage as u might be asked. She also asked if i had and alcohol on me, if i had money or treasures on me worth up to 10000CAD(cos u have to declare it at the point of entry if you do, else u will pay a fine if they find out and u didn't declare it). How much i brought into Canada. So i answered the questions and was given back the stamped form to proceed to the second immigration officer.

At this stage i was asked what program i was going for, what school and how many years. Then the immigration officer threw a joke and said " i know u ran away from the hardship in Nigeria, i hear living in Nigeria is difficult" then i laughed and said not really, that i came basically for studies. Then he said "how is the cold in Nigeria, how is the snow" at that point my mind went to he probably wanted to know if i was really coming from Nigeria like i said. That was the only thing that came to my head that would make him say how is the snow. Then i laughed and said Nigeria has no snow, Nigeria is very hot. Then we laughed over it and he stamped my study permit and asked me to proceed to get my SIN(social insurance number) for work.
I went to the next immigration officer and filled out a form and was issued my SIN.

So to all those coming in soon just answer ur questions at the Point of entry confidently and u are good to go. Wish u all best of luck . To all TRV hopefuls trust God and he will make it happen.

P.S Canadians are nice people, they smile at u for no just course, so don't hesitate to ask questions when u are confused at any point. If you tell them its ur first time in Canada they are always excited and eager to help you.

I am still trying to settle. Also make sure ur phone gsm broadband is compactable with Canadian gsm broadband before leaving ur home country else ur phone wont work with Canadian sim. I am having same issue right now cos i wasn't pre-informed. I jost got a new phone here. Information is key!!!

Best of luck guys!!!

You should have thrown a joke back at him too. Tell him the snow so white in Nigeria as the people and watch his response. Something tells me he is no joking. Many of them are misinformed about Africa and terrible with their geography. I remember the Taxi guy whom my school assigned to pick me up at the airport, had never heard of a country called Nigeria. All the best to you anyways.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dorisdili: 10:53am On May 06, 2018
Lol thanks
jnyuwa02:

You should have thrown a joke back at him too. Tell him the snow so white in Nigeria as the people and watch his response. Something tells me he is no joking. Many of them are misinformed about Africa and terrible with their geography. I remember the Taxi guy whom my school assigned to pick me up at the airport, had never heard of a country called Nigeria. All the best to you anyways.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 11:00am On May 06, 2018
charlyduru:
Good guys , please when one wants to show home ties with fathers comPany do I need to just attach the shares page showing am a share holder or the entire articles and memorandum of association

Please guyz need your help on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:05am On May 06, 2018
charlyduru:

Please guyz need your help on this

Shares, CAC certificate, articles of association, tax clearance certificate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:08am On May 06, 2018
vivicintia:

What i got is education loan for the masters funding.
I read about it and discovered it could be used for canadian embassy.
Am surprised at u saying u have never seen a loan succeed....

Please does anyone have an idea on if Educational loan can be used for embassy

I am sure you can use it!! But whether it can succeed is a different story. I have never seen anyone succeed with a loan before. Maybe someone has seen. It’s only my submission that it’s going to be hard because they treat Nigerians under stringent rules. Given the economic hardship on the ground, they want to make sure you are financially buoyant as this is the key criteria of not only ensuring that you will remain in school, but will return to Nigeria. A loan to the best of my knowledge will make the task more difficult.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 11:17am On May 06, 2018
He wasn't joking o. Imagine if you decided to emphasise that hardship matter and say you are tired of the country. LOL

I guess he was just trying to play smart, anyone that falls for such no try be that.

Have a good time there, and i tap into this. Maybe we go jam for road. LOL

Dorisdili:

Best of luck guys!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by eerdesh: 11:26am On May 06, 2018
Abeg, is it normal not to have any updates whatsoever since the submission of application. I submitted 3weeks ago, and linked the account. Nothing yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 11:46am On May 06, 2018
Dorisdili:

Best of luck guys!!!

Congratulations...... Enjoy Canny land
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:05pm On May 06, 2018
eerdesh:
Abeg, is it normal not to have any updates whatsoever since the submission of application. I submitted 3weeks ago, and linked the account. Nothing yet

It is not beyond the pale. Just keep checking, you will soon start seeing updates in a week or two guranteeed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 12:39pm On May 06, 2018
Dorisdili:

Best of luck guys!!!
Hey congrat dude!!!! I will like ask you some few questions, please don't get angry with them I'm asking because I'm part of the preparing team. OK
1. How much did it cost to fly from Nigeria and land in Canada?
2. When is your studies going to start June or September? I'm asking because someone told me that its possible to land in Canada 3 months before the start of ones studies.
Please do Justice to the questions above thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 12:53pm On May 06, 2018
Dorisdili:

Best of luck guys!!!

I saw this admonition some time ago and I've been wondering. Pls does anyone know if infinix phones work in canada?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 1:17pm On May 06, 2018
kylexy61:

I saw this admonition some time ago and I've been wondering. Pls does anyone know if infinix phones work in canada?

Safer just buy a small Samsung fone or small iPhone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:25pm On May 06, 2018
Linzo:

Hey congrat dude!!!! I will like ask you some few questions, please don't get angry with them I'm asking because I'm part of the preparing team. OK
1. How much did it cost to fly from Nigeria and land in Canada?
2. When is your studies going to start June or September? I'm asking because someone told me that its possible to land in Canada 3 months before the start of ones studies.
Please do Justice to the questions above thanks

Yes very possible, ensure you have answers to immigration on why you are coming in early. To get acclimated to your new environment before the start of the academic term is the answer that will pass.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:29pm On May 06, 2018
luvluvluv:
Am 31yrs now and had my ssce since 2002

Will this not be a barrier to starting a bsc course in Canada?

Pls advise
So what have you been doing since 2002? If working then try and explain why you went to work since then and decide to study now. Also to stand a chance it will be better if your intended course is related to your present job/experience, cos it will go a long way to helping your case. With your age, it will be a little hard to convince the vo but not impossible. Just work on your SOP and make sure the intended program is related to your experience. BEST OF LUCK
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 1:51pm On May 06, 2018
Hi
Dorisdili:

Best of luck guys!!!

Thanks so much Doris...please what kind of phone can one use biko that will match d broadband?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 1:55pm On May 06, 2018
I see my question has already been answered!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 2:21pm On May 06, 2018
eerdesh:

But it shows they are processing your background checks right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by babzy90: 2:25pm On May 06, 2018
Please can you advise means on how I prove ties to Nigeria, my mum and sister live and work in the UK though my mum has a shop in naij that I'm managing. I only worked as a lesson teacher briefly before i started managing my mums shop. It's only my dad that's here with me. How do I go about proving home ties? Thank you
jnyuwa02:

You are financially good to land a TRV. Now you must work on proving ties to Nigeria that would induce your return. Cover all gaps and show you have been engaged in meaningful pursuits all these years is all that is needed. Why a PGD instead of a masters you have to justify. It’s a tall order. Perhaps you can justify that on saying you want vocational training instead of the theoretical which is what a masters is all about. Tell them the set of skills you want to acquire requires practical training. Explain that you are a genuine student and applying in good faith. Explain the correlation between chemical engineering and control instrumentation engineering. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 3:24pm On May 06, 2018
My application is just 2weeks

Background check state We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

But my review of eligibility has change to We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Am I on track?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 3:57pm On May 06, 2018
ayoslas88:
My application is just 2weeks

Background check state We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

But my review of eligibility has change to We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Am I on track?

Most likely. Did you apply online?

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.