Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (810701 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by papijulah: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2018
MsChidi:
Hi guys. I am new to this forum. You guys are doing a great job. I am currently in the process of getting my TRV, I applied for an MBA at the University of Toronto, and I got a message from the VO requesting for me to do my medicals. What I noticed from reading this thread from part 1 to 14 is that no one spoke on what the medicals entail.

Pls can someone be kind enough to tell me what the VO is checking for in the medicals that may make him/her grant a visa or not? is there a certain disease an applicant have that might hinder his/her getting a TRV.

Awaiting your reply

Normal medical routine check. HIV, Staph, tuberculosis, eye test etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2018
Vizzle4sure:
Visa Approved!!!
Applied Online 13th June
Biometric mail 22nd June
Biometric done 25th June
Eligibility and Upfront Medical passed 9th August
Surprising Medical Request 15th August
Sent upfront medical to CIC email addresses 16th August
Medical passed again 17th June
Sent CIC mail on application update 24th August
Sent CIC mail again 30th August
Approval/Passport Request 11am 31st August.
Submitted Passport 1pm 31st August
Schools resumes 01 September.

Thanks to you all.
I pray this year bring you all the happiness you deserve and your TRV approval. Amen.
Keep the hope alive!!

Congrats brother,

But d did you witnessed any changes during your eligibility review as in did it change back to processing? Please which email addresses did you send to and get response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Okattamgbee: 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2018
canadabyfire:
A lot of factors are considered.............and every consideration is on a case by case basis...............being 30years or above 30years will not be the sole reason why a Canadian Student Visa application will be declined........2 factors are key to the VO, "that you have sufficient & available funds for your proposed studies and that you would return back at the end of your temporary stay in Canada".............

However you can materially convince the VO that you are a genuine student that would return back after your studies now lies in your arms.........Goodluck

Thank you so much, really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2018
Missbaby:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
Online Application
Submitted: June 16, 2018
Biometrics request: June 22, 2018
Eligibility review: August 9, 2018
Medicals request: August 9, 2018
Medicals done: August 14, 2018
Medicals passed: August 16, 2018
Passport request: August 30, 2018

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All required CIC forms
Acceptance letter
WAEC result
Transcripts
BA certificate (first class) – I also got a scholarship covering full tuition from my school in Canada but had to sort my living expenses
NYSC Discharge Certificate
Sponsors’ statement of account with closing balance of about 300k (business account)
Sponsors’ treasury bill certificates – 10m
Sponsors’ CAC
Sponsors’ tax clearance certificate
Sponsors’ international passport data page
Letter of Intent

My sponsor was my cousin so I included a family tree showing relationship and her marriage certificate since we no longer have the same last name.

I didn’t include my personal statement of account and my home ties were my two siblings in Nigeria and the job prospects that I have in Nigeria based on my course.

First, I must state that my application was nothing but a miracle. After submission, I found nairaland and based on what I read on threads, I had some loopholes in my application like using a business statement of account, not submitting my personal statement of account, and not having the usual home ties like land and other properties.

I kept praying and believing God for his grace to cover the flaws in my application and He showed up for me! Nothing is impossible with God, you just need to have faith and He will show up for you mightily.

Best of luck to other TRV hopefuls

Congrats brother,

But d did you witnessed any changes during your eligibility review as in did it change back to processing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2018
MsChidi:
Hi guys. I am new to this forum. You guys are doing a great job. I am currently in the process of getting my TRV, I applied for an MBA at the University of Toronto, and I got a message from the VO requesting for me to do my medicals. What I noticed from reading this thread from part 1 to 14 is that no one spoke on what the medicals entail.

Pls can someone be kind enough to tell me what the VO is checking for in the medicals that may make him/her grant a visa or not? is there a certain disease an applicant have that might hinder his/her getting a TRV.

Awaiting your reply
This country we lie too much,it is well

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ysakaws: 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2018
Missbaby:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
Online Application

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All required CIC forms
Acceptance letter
WAEC result
Transcripts
BA certificate (first class) – I also got a scholarship covering full tuition from my school in Canada but had to sort my living expenses
Sponsors’ statement of account with closing balance of about 300k (business account)
Sponsors’ CAC
Letter of Intent

My sponsor was my cousin so I included a family tree showing relationship and her marriage certificate since we no longer have the same last name.

I didn’t include my personal statement of account and my home ties were my two siblings in Nigeria and the job prospects that I have in Nigeria based on my course.

First, I must state that my application was nothing but a miracle. After submission, I found nairaland and based on what I read on threads, I had some loopholes in my application like using a business statement of account, not submitting my personal statement of account, and not having the usual home ties like land and other properties.

I kept praying and believing God for his grace to cover the flaws in my application and He showed up for me! Nothing is impossible with God, you just need to have faith and He will show up for you mightily.

Please which University? How did you apply for the scholarship? Did you submit GRE, TOEFL or any result
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
Vizzle4sure:
Visa Approved!!!
Applied Online 13th June
Biometric mail 22nd June
Biometric done 25th June

Thanks to you all.
I pray this year bring you all the happiness you deserve and your TRV approval. Amen.
Keep the hope alive!!
Congratulations dear, rep us well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 7:03pm On Aug 31, 2018
Missbaby:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
Online Application

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All required CIC forms
Acceptance letter
WAEC result
Transcripts
Sponsors’ CAC
Letter of Intent

Congratulations dear!!! August was nice, September will be awesome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ralfudoh(m): 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2018
Lol........My brother.
Less than 10-15 pages back, it was stated what is examined during medicals. We are just too lazy. Then we come and blow things out of proportion. Later we will blame a snake for swallowing 36million.
Lagos2canna:

This country we lie too much,it is well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SirVal94: 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2018
Congratulations!!! May our prayers be heard
Missbaby:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
Online Application

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All required CIC forms
Acceptance letter
WAEC result
Transcripts
Sponsors’ CAC
Letter of Intent

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2018
Madam take am easy na, U read from Part 1 to part 14 and no one spoke on what medicals entails? Thats a fat Lie. If u read frm late last month till now(just on this part 14), I can say of two instances where It was mentioned. Just ask ur question in peace, u dnt need to lie u read from part 1 to 14, do you even know what that means, each part has 500+ pages thats = 500 x 13 (excluding part 14) = 6500pages. So u read 6500 pages.. Dis is funny seriously..
MsChidi:

Awaiting your reply

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Clahws: 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2018
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION. VERY IMPORTANT!! THANKS[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Clahws:
Hi Nairalanders,

I got admission to two Canadian colleges (Conestoga and Humber) for similar courses(same syllabus sef). I applied for my first canadian study permit in March using Conestoga, got my rejection letter in May. Applied again in june (still using conestoga) and I am still awaiting approval (IJN) from VO till now. My course starts on the 1st of September (too late). I asked for a semester deferment till Winter(January) for both colleges, Got deferment from Humber, but Conestoga did not process deferment on time and no more available course till Fall semester 2019.
How can I notify the visa officer that I want to change my college from Conestoga to Humber.
Will this affect my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Success2019: 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hello guys
Please help
In form IMM 1294e in contact information section, am I to chose one or all
Can I put my email address and leave the rest blank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2018
congratulations
Vizzle4sure:
Mr Uyplus and Mcobex Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Segunagagu(m): 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hello guys..plss I need clarification plsssss..

I graduated in 2016.. went for nysc 2017 and finished nysc 2018.. I had a 2.2 Cgpa 3.25.. studied finance.. and want to do MBA or masters in a related management Field..

so I want to ask.. most Canada schools require 2.1 for masters program...so am planning to put in for a certificate degree course instead... how good is a certificate degree course?

... hope it won't hinder my Visa success. And are there any better alternatives

Plsss I need answers ooo..and also..who knows about EWC Nigeria well...am using Dem.. paid some Cash to them already to start with the process..
God bless you as u answer me plsss..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2018
Where was your application processed from?
Vizzle4sure:
Visa Approved!!!
Applied Online 13th June
Biometric mail 22nd June
Biometric done 25th June

Thanks to you all.
Keep the hope alive!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2018
Segunagagu:

I graduated in 2016.. went for nysc 2017 and finished nysc 2018.. I had a 2.2 Cgpa 3.25.. studied finance.. and want to do MBA or masters in a related management Field..

so I want to ask.. most Canada schools require 2.1 for masters program...so am planning to put in for a certificate degree course instead... how good is a certificate degree course?

Plsss I need answers ooo..and also..who knows about EWC Nigeria well...am using Dem.. paid some Cash to them already to start with the process..

Someone just mentioned EWC experience yesterday. If you go back a few pages, you may find the person. Can you exit the arrangement after admissions? Or are you stuck with them all the way? Such details should be clearly communicated and agreed from inception to avoid relationship turning sour later in the process.

If you see other schools you want to consider, you may proceed so all your eggs ain't in one basket.

Btw, these schools come hunting for students in Nigeria. Anyway, guyman must chop. If jyunwa02 register agency and starts collecting money, we can't blame him!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Segunagagu(m): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2018
galala123:

Someone just mentioned EWC experience yesterday. If you go back a few pages, you may find the person. Can you exit the arrangement after admissions? Or are you stuck with them all the way? Such details should be clearly communicated and agreed from inception to avoid relationship turning sour later in the process.

If you see other schools you want to consider, you may proceed so all your eggs ain't in one basket.
Ohh thanks bro..oh u mean if I can end our arrangement after they have secured addmission for me...so I can do the visa application mysef right??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DeChefAbuja: 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hello Everyone...

i am so thankful i found this page and i will like to crave the indulgence of anyone with valuable info to my post to kindly and generously share.

i graduated with a second class lower degree under the department of biochemistry, went ahead to obtain a masters degree from the UK in Environmental Management, got married, had a son and relocated back to Nigeria with my family.

i have got a few years experience working as a school administrator from a top British school and want to pursue another masters degree to this regard(different from my first masters). i have found a school and a suitable course(University of Saskatchewan)

my main sponsor will be my dad; currently retired from a reputable company with account balance over 50 million and various landed properties. joint fixed deposit account of hubby and myself of over 2 million as personal account. I intend to travel with my two kids (age 6 and age 2) but hubby will be staying back to manage our businesses.

please i need advise on the best approach. thanks in advance for your kind responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yk05: 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
Segunagagu:

Ohh thanks bro..oh u mean if I can end our arrangement after they have secured addmission for me...so I can do the visa application mysef right??

That’s the best thing. Do it yourself and be pleased
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 10:36pm On Aug 31, 2018
Segunagagu:

Please run away from EWC and consider the money you pay as a waste because if you go back to those scammers you be compare to pay more without a tangible outcome. They are scam!! Please what are you going for? UG or PG ask you can do it yourself because the process is straight forward. Ask your questions here and you will surely be guided or you can quote me and I will guide you on how to get admission in Canada easily
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2018
Segunagagu:

Ohh thanks bro..oh u mean if I can end our arrangement after they have secured admission for me...so I can do the visa application myself right??
Yes, having the liberty to decide if you want to continue with them or not after admission. If you enjoy the service and have the funds and no time, you could chose to continue however, if you are not happy with their services, you should be free to walk away at every stage provided you both satisfy terms of the agreement. This way, service providers will be struggling to give you a good experience in order to retain you at the next level.

I cannot criticize anyone who has engaged an agent because I have done that myself (at the visa stage) and was satisfied with his services even though the outcome was not positive (because I am aware that they is no guarantee). I have processed visas for various countries successfully myself but Canada has been exceptionally challenging for me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sisikemo: 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2018
@orobs93 i just got mine. If you're in Lagos then you can send me a message.
mcobex:
I don't have an idea, but you can search on Google (include nairaland on the search), there should be a thread on that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2018
Segunagagu:

Segunagagu,

What do you mean by certificate degree course?... You mean BSc degree?
Chances are high if you go for a program that is higher than your already completed degree i.e a PGD/C that is directly related to your previous discipline in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Segunagagu(m): 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2018
Linzo:

Please run away from EWC and consider the money you pay as a waste because if you go back to those scammers you be compare to pay more without a tangible outcome. They are scam!! Please what are you going for? UG or PG ask you can do it yourself because the process is straight forward. Ask your questions here and you will surely be guided or you can quote me and I will guide you on how to get admission in Canada easily
Fuckkkkkk...and I just paid the 100k today.�������..I want to go for masters.. but I was told I can't cos I have a 2.2. As Canada schools only accept 2.1 for masters... wat can I do now..��������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Segunagagu(m): 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Segunagagu,

What do you mean by certificate degree course?... You mean BSc degree?
Chances are high if you go for a program that is higher than your already completed degree i.e a PGD/C that is directly related to your previous discipline in Nigeria.
That's wat I was told... they told me I can't be accepted for a masters cos I had 2.2. so I have to opt in for a certificate degree course...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Segunagagu(m): 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
Linzo:

Pls can u send me ur nos..so I can talk to u on WhatsApp..or ur email... thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blessedness(f): 11:02pm On Aug 31, 2018
Missbaby:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
Online Application

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All required CIC forms
Acceptance letter
WAEC result
Transcripts
Sponsors’ CAC
Letter of Intent

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Segunagagu(m): 11:07pm On Aug 31, 2018
yk05:

That’s the best thing. Do it yourself and be pleased
Chai..thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Segunagagu(m): 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2018
Linzo:

Pls tell meeee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 11:11pm On Aug 31, 2018
Canada cry

I will be back grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.