Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (810636 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2018
bbclue:

Before u comments. .....look who you are referring to......... Once more..you quoted the wrong person.....hissssssssss
Hisssssss... Go get yourself the school fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by afamnwodo10: 11:42am On Sep 06, 2018
I am 26. Applied for study permit via paper route. Graduated with a Bsc in building in the year 2015. Finished my NYSC April 2018. Now I am applying for a study permit for a second degree in computer science in Canada for the first time. No travel history.
Documents submitted
Waec
NYSC
University statement of result
Birth certificate
Employment letter I just got a week ago from a construction company here in Lagos.
Sponsor as my elder brother and same surname
Sponsor 6months personal bank statement with a balance of 20milllion and total credits of 107million for the past 6months.
My bank statement of 6months with just a balance of 787k
SOP letter.
Sponsor registered company documents
2 property documents of sponsor situated at Government Residential Area (GRA).
Sponsor driver's licence.

I have a good feeling that everything will work out positively but I read on this thread that applying for a second degree is always difficult to get approval.
Please house what are my chances. I need your honest contributions...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson4real: 11:43am On Sep 06, 2018
Hello, house. For most of us aspiring to study in Canada. If I am not able to get a scholarship or any financial support here. Is it possible to get a student loan and how are other Nigerians there copping with the school fees apart from other expenses your work hours can cover.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by richcasey: 11:44am On Sep 06, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Nigeria is a shìt hole! Whether you agree or not and it will remain so.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Thank you. One of the reasons Nigeria is in so much mess is because the people in it are so hypocritical. They are always afraid to say it as it is. I say Nigeria is in a terrible mess doesn't mean I don't love my country, I do. But Nigeria is a mess and it's a fact. Can the country get better? Of course it can but it requires a change in how the Nigerian people think.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 11:47am On Sep 06, 2018
toludadon:

Who is this thing sef

Is like you are mad.......oooo I see you are one of the agent........

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 11:49am On Sep 06, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Hisssssss... Go get yourself the school fees.

Leave frank alone.....I know you are one of the agent send to abused him....but you lied

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2018
uyplus:
@frankrobbn, you are an amazing pal!

Approval alert!

Application date: 12th June
Medical mail: 2nd August
Date of medical: 6th August
Updated by CIC: 11th August
Approved: 3rd September
Route: Paper
Program: Masters of Public health
University: Western Ontario

Finally, I'm departing this shithole by 1:25pm tomorrow!

Congrats dear, please which course did you have its Bsc degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2018
FRANK ROBBEN

CONTINUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING......I KNOW GOD WILL SURELY REMEMBER YOU THIS YEAR......ALL THOSE ANIMALS FROM HELL.....ARE FROM YOUR OPPRESSOR.............

CONTINUE YOUR hard work......God is by your side.....

I know some people are just waiting for small mistakes to happen before they will explored like witches.......me no dey fear any of you...make una go fine work do and stop attacking innocent boy..........

Frank don't worry God got your back..........

Am out of the forum till I return from My seminar in DUBAI....................

Haters continue your rubbish ed comments..........

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by richcasey: 11:55am On Sep 06, 2018
blessedness:

@ontarioissauga, you shouldn't Say that again because you are not God that created it.

God did not create Nigeria, God created beautiful people, the beautiful people created Nigeria and Nigerians made it what it is. God will not come down and change Nigeria just like how he did not come down to fill your CIC form. You filled your form, submitted the right documents and you prayed to God to help with the rest.
Same with how God will not come down and fix Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

What drove to the bolded statement? If McGill made a mistake on accepting him, then inform them about it or better still correct it yourself. Since you seem to know very well more than the university and visa officers that granted him visa.The young man has poured out his heart about the wrong deeds in this country and further used a Lebanese man as a clear case study. The word "shithole", I personally don't acquiesce with it and I have cautioned him. But seriously, the above statement looks so impractical of you and doesn't potray you in unequivocal view. Moreover, it's not all comment you see here you must respond to or drag attention. You talk as if you will truly return to Nigeria after studies in Canada, Fine!. I refer you as an "Attorney" because you're born of knowledge and persistence purpose. So, let's go with that narrative. The young man has secured his TRV and nobody can change it. Let him be and let's face what brought us here.

God bless you richly! I found a brother in you within a short time of meeting you. You have such a large heart and God in his infinite goodness will bless you richly! You really helped me a great deal! The advices you gave were amazing man! @jnyuwa keep fooling around. You claim to have lived in the US for 18 years yet you are here claiming to pursue student visa. I won't join words with you cause I have read through most of your comments and they tell alot about you!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
In clear and honest terms, no one can tell you for sure, what your chances for success will be..........whatever you read or hear are mere speculations.

Seeking for a second degree shouldnt raise eye brows if it is well justified...........however, our reputation as nationalities of this great Nation called Nigeria is so bad..........that it is extremely difficult for the VO to filter genuine applicants................and trust the genuineness of our intention to change course of study.

The homework lies in you to genuinely justify the need for a second B.SC. after one in Nigeria..............

Homework
1. Why another B.SC?
2.Why this B.SC. in canada and not elsewhere?
3. What are the employment prospects of a B.SC. holder in your proposed field.
4. What will compel you to return after your B.SC.........?

Correctly answering above, might clear the purpose of visit............... then other sections of the review will come up grin grin grin grin

afamnwodo10:
I am 26. Applied for study permit via paper route. Graduated with a Bsc in building in the year 2015. Finished my NYSC April 2018. Now I am applying for a study permit for a second degree in computer science in Canada for the first time. No travel history.
Documents submitted
Waec
NYSC
University statement of result
Birth certificate
Employment letter I just got a week ago from a construction company here in Lagos.
Sponsor as my elder brother and same surname
Sponsor 6months personal bank statement with a balance of 20milllion and total credits of 107million for the past 6months.
My bank statement of 6months with just a balance of 787k
SOP letter.
Sponsor registered company documents
2 property documents of sponsor situated at Government Residential Area (GRA).
Sponsor driver's licence.

I have a good feeling that everything will work out positively but I read on this thread that applying for a second degree is always difficult to get approval.
Please house what are my chances. I need your honest contributions...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Dera12345:

Pharmacy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Please house I need answer to this question:

My appointment for submission(paper route) is tomorrow (Friday) and I am yet to receive my receipt for tuition deposit from my school. Can I go ahead with the submission and then send the receipt to CIC later when I receive it.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2018
mcobex:
Congratulations bro, I told you it won't be long. Best of luck

Yes bro! Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2018
It makes more logical sense to defer the appointment for submission at VFS to a later date after collecting the receipt.................the receipt for tuition paid is a good document to include your application.............the idea of sending documents later to CIC isnt bad..........but it is not the best option for your case.........you may not know which Visa office would review your application...........you may not know when the application would be reviewed.......if you send via email and the email enters junk folder and nobody sees it ....what happens?

muizzzz:

My appointment for submission(paper route) is tomorrow (Friday) and I am yet to receive my receipt for tuition deposit from my school. Can I go ahead with the submission and then send the receipt to CIC later when I receive it.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by COPR: 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2018
gginika:
Hi guys, how else can one prove employment status without payslips or bank statement reflecting montly salary when applying for study permit. You know how some private firms can be in Nigeria, they pay you in cash and in instalments. Will employment letter suffice?
Thanks

Employment letter, reference letter on the company's leterhead paper and Work ID card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I am surprised McGill even accepted such a person. What a mistake. I have lived in the so called greatest and richest and freest nation in the world, the United States. For 18 years of my life. I do love Nigeria. The food, the culture of hospitality and respect and rich community life, you will never find in the so called advanced nations. The huge reservoir of Human Resources, all the talents here, the rich endowment from God and how all these can be harnessed into the making of a truly great nation, is up to us. I use to be so blind like this guy. It took me living in another man’s land for many years and returning to mine to truly understand the depth and height and width and length of what a truly great nation Nigeria is. I have vowed wherever in the world I go henceforth, I must return to Nigeria and never stay long away from it like I did before. I have been the happiest and freest here because this is home. It’s not a shithole. The bad things in Nigeria that I see, have embued me with moral strength to help change things and develop my country and help make it a better place to live.

You lived in the US for 18years of your life? Great to know! You have been claiming to be waiting for a visa since time immemorial. For your information, I just boarded the aircraft to leave Nigeria enroute to Toronto! Do you realize that I don't even care to know you? I have never reached out to you on this forum! You claim to know it all yet you are still lieing around that the visa officer are fighting you! You were issued an inadmissibility letter, so stop fooling around! Go and tell the admission people that I shouldn't have been awarded admission and also tell the visa officer that I shouldn't have been issued a study permit!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2018
bbclue:
FRANK ROBBEN

Am out of the forum till I return from My seminar in DUBAI....................

Safe trip.

Everybody... Please calm down! I beg, No more missiles... Please. If you feel someone has insulted you, please resist the temptation to press a bigger nuclear button (Remember "My Nuclear button is bigger than yours"? ...Prez. Trump to Chairman Kim grin)

As prospective academicians, lets try to debate without direct insults. I guess lots of people here are tensed up and as such need to let out some steam now considering the fact that Fall train is about to leave the station with many intending passengers still left behind. I beg those that made it on board the train to be magnanimous in victory.

John McCain once said that if you live long enough, you will see what you never thought was possible.

Some newbies have questions which need to be attended to so lets move on please.

Thank you.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2018
uyplus:

Pharmacy

Please Do you think the Msc public health is inline with a bsc degree in Biochemistry 2.1 (CGPA 4.15)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drdamy(m): 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
Any university with their application portal open
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2018
...............Masters in public health is very competitive and lucrative........and yes, with Biochemistry you can be considered for a degree in Public health.............however, this is solely the decision of the admissions unit of your chosen University...........I would suggest you review the admission criteria of your chosen University..............should you seek further clarification, please write to the institution for more details;

Dera12345:

Please Do you think the Msc public health is inline with a bsc degree in Biochemistry 2.1 (CGPA 4.15)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2018
This is why we keep having problems in our beloved (shithole) country, we ignore the reasons why a particular thing or group was created for and start doing something different with it, how hard can it be ask questions of how to apply for study permit, apply, get approved or rejected, try again and while doing that try to help others or be quiet (like I've been cos I don't know much) or you get your trv wish people good and depart for your studies in peace. Why wish a fellow being failure. It makes no sense

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by malcom2x(m): 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2018
Emmyirab:

A sponsorship letter is a letter, written by the sponsor, usually containing;
1. Introduction of the sponsor
2. How he intends to fund the applicant (the amount he will provide every year, his business, properties......)
2. The relationship between the applicant and the sponsor
3. The reason for sponsoring the applicant
4. The sponsor can also put in a few good words, like how passionate the applicant is about the course of study.

The affidavit of sponsorship, is the actual declaration of sponsorship, where the sponsor swears to give out a specific amount of money to the applicant. It is usually done in a court.

GCMS note is a case specific note, written by the visa officer when he/she denies an application.
The note contains the exact reasons why the visa officer denies an application

Thanks a lot. More than clarify now. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2018
muizzzz:

Thanks
How long did your appointment take? You can consider submitting in Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2018
Dera12345:

Sorry for your delay, first you should try and order your GCMS note ASAP.
From your profile you have BSc already so why go for post secondary diploma(which is even lower than your BSc? Though such diploma will give you work experience but as the name implies, it's for fresh secondary school graduates(and ex military personnel).
Try and apply for Masters or at least PGD(your BSc grade is good enough to get you admission for MSc) and you will get your TRV.
Take your time and repackage your next app and you won't regret it.
Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2018
ghabrhiel10:
This is why we keep having problems in our beloved (shithole) country, we ignore the reasons why a particular thing or group was created for and start doing something different with it, how hard can it be ask questions of how to apply for study permit, apply, get approved or rejected, try again and while doing that try to help others or be quiet (like I've been cos I don't know much) or you get your trv wish people good and depart for your studies in peace. Why wish a fellow being failure. It makes no sense
Have you applied for your TRV? if yes, did you write in your SOP that you are leaving cos naija is a shitehole? If you haven't applied yet I hope you will put the Nigeria being a shitehole in your SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trapping(m): 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2018
I plan on going on my biometrics tomorrow but problem is that I dont have my passport with me. I only have a scanned copy of my data page. Can I take the print out to the VAC tomorrow or do I need to come with my paspport.
Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
Trapping:
I plan on going on my biometrics tomorrow but problem is that I don't have my passport with me. I only have a scanned copy of my data page. Can I take the print out to the VAC tomorrow or do I need to come with my passpport.
Thanks!

Perhaps you can give them a call to inquire or just show up and see how it goes bearing in mind that it can swing either way. I don't know if it's possible. Anyone with more useful information?

Let us know how it goes so others may be guided in future.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2018
Am i the only one who thinks if uyplus does his own diary of his journey to Canada it will be interesting! grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trapping(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
galala123:

Perhaps you can give them a call to inquire or just show up and see how it goes bearing in mind that it can swing either way. I don't know if it's possible. Anyone with more useful information?

Let us know how it goes so others may be guided in future.

Thank you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.