Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,919 members, 7,872,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (810716 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 4:34am On Apr 29, 2018
annaliese88:
Submitted my paper application on the 10th of April at vfs Lagos. Both attempts to track my application using Vfs tracking info and linking my application online have been giving me a “No matched records” response.

I mailed CIC last weekend about my inability to link my application, but yet to get a response

Please does anyone have any solution to this? Or any prior experience like mine.

Appreciate your help

Have you had a live chat with vfs? Check their Website daytime workdays
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 6:49am On Apr 29, 2018
I plan to send in my student application next week. But a bit afraid as I have been denied 4 times.

I am 18 years now, and been applying since I was 16 years. My last GCMS note is attached.

I was admitted to a 18months certificate course in in Sask polytechnic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ihnomechengr(m): 6:56am On Apr 29, 2018
Which is best and faster...paper or online application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:03am On Apr 29, 2018
ihnomechengr:
Which is best and faster...paper or online application?

Both are the same. I would imagine also now if you filed online, your application can be treated anywhere in the world, while if you file paper, Accra or now Kenya the traditional places, is where the application will be forwarded. If you have too many paperwork, I guess paperoute is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:06am On Apr 29, 2018
Omonoba1981:
I plan to send in my student application next week. But a bit afraid as I have been denied 4 times.

I am 18 years now, and been applying since I was 16 years. My last GCMS note is attached.

4 times? Please give up!! Just kidding! Every one gotta decide for themselves when enough is enough. Work on your ties!! Show them you have come of age and fully understand the difficulties of a foreign education and willing to pay the price in hard work and dedication to go to Canada and get a quality education and improve your life and contribute to your country. Emphasize how you have grown all the these years and how been denied has motivated you to strive harder and prove yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 7:14am On Apr 29, 2018
jnyuwa02:

4 times? Please give up!! Just kidding! Every one gotta decide for themselves when enough is enough. Work on your ties!! Show them you have come of age and fully understand the difficulties of a foreign education and willing to pay the price in hard work and dedication. Emphasize how you have grown all the these years you have been denied taking cues from their denial.

I get error message when trying to attach my GCMS note on this site. Is there anyway I can paste their comment here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:16am On Apr 29, 2018
Omonoba1981:

I get error message when trying to attach my GCMS note on this site. Is there anyway I can paste their comment here

I do not know as I have never posted Gcms notes. Keep trying, use your laptop if phone is showing error.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Eichie123(m): 7:21am On Apr 29, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:

Hi , has your biometrics been updated in your timeline? I did mine last Monday still no update that it has been completed.

not yet but maybe my agent would have seen the update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 7:31am On Apr 29, 2018
annaliese88:
Yes. Exactly same steps and I have tried severally to no avail

If you have a middle name, make sure you include it when inputting your "Given Name"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Eichie123(m): 7:39am On Apr 29, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Sir, sometimes it takes more than five days to be called for biometrics. I have seen someone called for biometrics after 30 days. But if this person claims he filed since October and was only recently called for biometrics, I sense something amiss.
you are right when i ask the agent after some months what was the problem he said to me that canadia source he is using to get the document is not ready yet so i just thought of forgetting the whole thing and move for a different country, so i never called him again. Just for him to call me just last week that the delay was over and everthing is fine now that i should ready for biometric on monday 22 april
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 7:48am On Apr 29, 2018
Omonoba1981:

18 years? I think you should be going for 4 years B.SC course instead of 18 months program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 8:10am On Apr 29, 2018
Eichie123:
right me on my whatsapp or call me DELETED

Why?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 8:25am On Apr 29, 2018
Eichie123:
you are right when i ask the agent after some months what was the problem he said to me that canadia source he is using to get the document is not ready yet so i just thought of forgetting the whole thing and move for a different country, so i never called him again. Just for him to call me just last week that the delay was over and everthing is fine now that i should ready for biometric on monday 22 april

The agent was busy looking for an admission for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 29, 2018
DrND:

It's OK sir. Apologies accepted.

Just trying to wrap my head around why I got refused.

It looked to me like though the VO saw my application but he didn't really go through it.

It's really painful to see another refusal without a clear statement about it.

Wud hv just let go of the study permit thingy and chase express entry.

But just want to give the study permit another shot coz if I don't resume on this fall the whole 40kcad will be sent back to NDDC. I just hv to hustle now or forget about Canny.

In addition to a well written SOP and scholarship award letter, ask NDDC to write a sponsorship letter on their letterhead paper and stamp, specifically addressed to CIC.

This should settle your problem.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 29, 2018
drhammed:

Hey man, sorry you didn't read my former post before jumping in your tips.

Im not afraid of telling them, if truly I was denied. That can't and won't affect my application. God's grace.

If South Africa VO is denying VISA, they state the reason for such in a separate sheet. In my case they didn't give any reason. Why would I say it's refusal when I have everything to proof myself.

Thanks, I got the tips earlier on here.

You're flirting with misrepresentation.

When you apply for a visa, which outcome is expected? Approval or denial. Which one was given to you?

Of course, your visa was not approved. So it was denied/refused, ignoring that refusal letter was not attached. That is immaterial, because you can be refused a visa without reason.

You should tick YES!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 29, 2018
HerMoney:
Hi guys, is it advisable to submit proof of ownership of a car as personal asset?

It is an added advantage.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Eichie123(m): 9:11am On Apr 29, 2018
Ratawu:

The agent was busy looking for an admission for you
i dis not apply for study he told me it was working permit visa so what kind of admission coukd that be
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 9:12am On Apr 29, 2018
Greetings to all the bosses in the house.
Been a silent reader on here. I just thought it would be best to tell the house what I have been doing so that I no go Bleep up.
My case...
Applied to four universities last year, was about chasing express entry when Concordia University gave me admission few days ago.

Paid $250 acceptance fee and realised I had to apply for CAQ which I did the following day.

Already sent the documents back to Quebec on Friday.

I am just confused here, Quebec said my details will be sent to vfs Lagos before I can apply for study permit.

Can I still use the online route to apply for the permit after being given CAQ?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 10:23am On Apr 29, 2018
Eichie123:
i dis not apply for study he told me it was working permit visa so what kind of admission coukd that be

I thought it was a study permit issue as this page is for study permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Eichie123(m): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2018
Ratawu:

I thought it was a study permit issue as this page is for study permit
is there any other page for TRV so i can relate with people there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Floki90: 11:21am On Apr 29, 2018
Hello House

I didn’t do upfront medicals , my status says they are reviewing whether I met the eligibility requirements. Please anyone knows or have and idea what they are checking and when medical call might come ?

Thank you !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 11:22am On Apr 29, 2018
thompson1510:
Greetings to all the bosses in the house.
Been a silent reader on here. I just thought it would be best to tell the house what I have been doing so that I no go Bleep up.
My case...
Applied to four universities last year, was about chasing express entry when Concordia University gave me admission few days ago.

Paid $250 acceptance fee and realised I had to apply for CAQ which I did the following day.

Already sent the documents back to Quebec on Friday.

I am just confused here, Quebec said my details will be sent to vfs Lagos before I can apply for study permit.

Can I still use the online route to apply for the permit after being given CAQ?

Thanks in advance

CAQ takes 20 working days after document reception in Quebec, so relax. You can apply via online or paper route the choice is yours, just make sure you attached the photocopy of the CAQ that will be sent to u, through ur mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 11:24am On Apr 29, 2018
Floki90:
Hello House

I didn’t do upfront medicals , my status says they are reviewing whether I met the eligibility requirements. Please anyone knows or have and idea what they are checking and when medical call might come ?

Thank you !

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Floki90: 12:25pm On Apr 29, 2018
Prudento:

When did you apply?

1st March
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
annaliese88:
Yes. Exactly same steps and I have tried severally to no avail

When filling the details of when you will complete your studies, fill the year and month then leave the day blank.

Worked for me and someone else
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Floki90: 1:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
Floki90:
Hello House

Applied 1st of March

Thank you !

Anybody care to answer !!?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2018
Floki90:

Anybody care to answer !!?

SEND THEM A MAIL STATING THAT YOUR APPLICATION IS NOW MORE THAN 7 WEEKS STIPULATED BY CIC FOR NIGERIAN APPLICANTS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 2:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
Twallace:

18 years? I think you should be going for 4 years B.SC course instead of 18 months program.

I actually got conditional admission for 4 -years Bsc in UR. But had to do ESL because I had a D in English.

Applying via ESL might be tempting as its just a one semester program. Reading online, show when you apply via ESL yu are only consider for ESL and not your Bsc. And 18 months certificate course looks more better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
chigrad:
Hello. I applied for study permit twice and was denied in all. I requested for my GCMS note which I'll attach.
I have some concerns based on the reasons given. I read Chemistry for first degree, applied for Masters in Business admin. I have 3years work experience as a Business Development officer.prior to this I worked 1year as a chemist. Pls based on the GCMS note, what does Personal Circumstances and Family composition mean? During the application I applied alone without my spouse.
I will appreciate everyone's response.
Thank you

How did you attached your GCMS note to the forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.