Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,861 members, 7,915,477 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 02:44 AM

It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha (758 Views)

If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha / APC Reveals Where It Has Placed Governor Okorocha / Governor Okorocha Shares Imo Rice. See Reactions (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by LekkiGists: 2:25am On Mar 10, 2018
[img]https://2.bp..com/-SqLABnKt0MI/WqL0dtnlX6I/AAAAAAAARm8/hbkr1oGYtz4eCrZlC4z0j-3iNxNbd3PYACLcBGAs/s640/Okorocha.jpg[/img]

Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha, said that the time has come for his son-in-law, Mr. Uche Nwosu, to be the next governor of Imo state.

Okorocha in a release to newsmen in Owerri, through his Chief Press Secretary, CPS, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, was apparently reacting to a statement credited to a group called Restoration Coalition of APC, which vowed to stop the endorsement of his son-in-law, Nwosu, to be the next governor of the state.

The governor insisted the group was only envy of his son-in-law.

Okorocha defended his support for his son-in-law that, “Endorsement is a Public Statement or action showing support of something or somebody. It has been part of our democracy.
“And it is surprising that some people have been loosing sleep over the several endorsements the young Uche Nwosu has been getting. The difference is that his own endorsement is like a revolution, and almost all the other aspirants are feeling threatened.”

The release viewed it as an attempt “To deceive the weary and indeed the general public. They should have gone ahead to also endorse their own candidate.

“What is their headache. Is Governor Okorocha the only governor who has indicated interest in one of the members of his Political family to succeed him.

“They should follow events in other States. And also do their political research. Endorsement has been there. And they should ask their Candidate to withdraw if he is not popular to the extent of attracting people to endorse him. Uche Nwosu is the man. This is his time and nobody should envy him.”

Adding that, “They are habitual Coordinators of guber aspirants. They cannot Contest election. Some of them were brought into Politics by Governor Okorocha. And today, they have become Coordinators, and none of them had won his booth in the past elections.

“They have no electoral value to add to any party or aspirant. They are Political Consumers and not Political Producers. People should ignore them.”

Source:- http://www.lekkigists.com.ng/2018/03/its-time-for-my-son-in-law-to-be.html

Mynd44
Re: It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by Paradigm777: 2:34am On Mar 10, 2018
Okoroawusa, keep dreaming 2019 is by the corner
. undecided

2 Likes

Re: It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 10, 2018
Does the state belong to your father?

1 Like

Re: It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by NecodinhoRado(m): 2:56am On Mar 10, 2018
This man and his family are cursed. He thinks Imo State is his family's farmland. angry
Re: It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by yarimo(m): 3:15am On Mar 10, 2018
OKOROCHA the next senate president of the Nigerian senate in 2019 you have spoken, LOBATAN
Re: It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by yarimo(m): 3:16am On Mar 10, 2018
Paradigm777:
Guy it's late go and sleep grin. Abi u want make Okoroawusa Nak u one statue?
not funny try again tongue
Re: It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by yarimo(m): 3:18am On Mar 10, 2018
GoroTango:
Does the state belong to your father?
asking silly question as if you are a Nigerian. Mtcheeew undecided

1 Like

Re: It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by engrsyer(m): 3:27am On Mar 10, 2018
Okorocha is a dictator in that state. APC must be booted out come 2019 election. Why should your son Inlaw succeed you? Is it that no other and better candidate than him?
Imo is politically smelling
Re: It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by emmie14: 4:01am On Mar 10, 2018
Rochas is indirectly campaigning for Uche Nwosu's opponents. Trust imolites

1 Like

Re: It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by Himmler: 4:21am On Mar 10, 2018
yarimo:
OKOROCHA the next senate president of the Nigerian senate in 2019 you have spoken, LOBATAN
Na ignorance dey worry you. Even if he succeeds in winning the senate seat, where have you seen a first term senator become Senate president when we have ranking senators in the chambers?

2 Likes

Re: It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by Nature129(m): 4:51am On Mar 10, 2018
As an indigene, truly, my opinion tend to be divided but events of the coming days will not only shape it further, but also help me make informed decision.

To start with, I tend to align with Mr Uche for two critical reasons:

First, Okorocha lacks administrative skills. As a consequence, he littered my state with uncompleted projects. I need someone from his party to win so as to complete 'some of the projects.' A victory for the opposition means that Imo State will be home to the highest number of uncompleted projects in Nigeria

Secondly, Mr Nwosu is a very young man. I need Imo State to experience leadership under a young person because the old ones are monumental failures. Again, #NotTooYoungToRun shouldn't just be an idea, Nigerian voters must come together to make it happen.

On the contrary opinion, I feel that Okorocha's move to ordain his SIL is a slap in the face of Ndi Imo, and must be stopped. We are Igbos...Igbo enwe Eze. Yes, we are no stooge to any politician.

Also, the guy manning the affairs at Douglas House means he would cover the tracks of his FIL, Okorocha. EFCC needs to investigate Okorocha because of obvious racketeering that happened under his watch

Finally, he can never break away from his predecessor because they are in-laws, hence Okorocha may still be influencing Mr Nwosu's decisions with his administrative bankruptcy and again, siphoning state money

Again, the events of the coming days will shape Imo elections.
Re: It’s Time For My Son-in-law To Be Governor – Okorocha by escodotman: 4:58am On Mar 10, 2018
Himmler:

Na ignorance dey worry you. Even if he succeeds in winning the senate seat, where have you seen a first term senator become Senate president when we have ranking senators in the chambers?
Let him be! He just exposed his ignorance. I think he belongs to the group of myopic people who know nothing other than shout 'sai Buhari' while they are suffering.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Pdp Chairman, Paul Ekpo In A Fresh ₦2m Bribery Scandal / - / Is Nigeria The Costliest Place In The World To Build Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.