Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:58 PM

Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) (1962 Views)

Man City Must Learn To Win Ugly Like Chelsea - Clichy / See What Mikel Obi's Russian Girl Friend Bought For Him As Birthday Gift [photo] / Arsenal Fans Want To Be Cheap Like Chelsea And Manchester United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 10:11am On Mar 09, 2007
Liverpool To Become The New Chelski?

Americans, George Gillett and Tom Hicks, have secured unconditional control of Liverpool after meeting the acceptance condition.

A statement to the Stock Exchange this morning confirmed the American pair yesterday "received valid acceptances in respect of 28,089 Liverpool shares, representing approximately 80.7% of Liverpool's issued share capital to which the offer relates".

The £470million takeover means work is expected to start on the new 60,000-seater Stanley Park imminently, with the pair holding meetings this week after witnessing the Reds' Champions League last-16 tie against Barcelona on Tuesday.

Does this make Liverpool the new Chelski? It is argued that Abramovich's involvement with Chelsea has distorted the football transfer market throughout Europe, as his wealth often allows the club to purchase players virtually at will (frequently at inflated prices).

What's your take on this development?

Source: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1969366,00.html
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by wormedup(m): 11:34am On Mar 09, 2007
well, it can't be stopped once started.

i think arsenal is next grin cool
so all you arsenal fans get ready to cry ur hearts out or better still, start loving it.
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by mukina2: 11:43am On Mar 09, 2007
wormy keep thinking we can never be next cheesy

if the arabos want to buy .that will be grin lipsrsealed

the english people will be enraged grin

razorr nice to know you used ur russian name on the title grin
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by wormedup(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2007
muki,
u are just ranting .
remember the protest man u fans put up before the take over
when shyte starts happening in arsenal, u will have little say !

the worst u r gonna do is decamp ! a business man wants to make money. cool

now liverpool has been handed a fat check to go shopping tongue
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2007
In retrospect, I would say I think this idea of business moguls buying up clubs is not such a bad idea afterall! At least, it would get some of the controversy off Chelsea's neck.  grin

I fore-see more clubs doing the same in the near future.
Like wormy says, Arsenal is next!  grin
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 11:53am On Mar 09, 2007
mukina2:

razorr nice to know you used your russian name on the title grin

Muki, I used the russian name because that is the way the press likes to depict the fact that a Russian billionaire bought an English club. I would be expecting a new name for Liverpool. I'm considering Yan-kee-pool! What d'you think?  grin
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by mukina2: 11:58am On Mar 09, 2007
if the arabs decide to buy its ok by me
maybe a new takeover will bring new changes to the club undecided
too many shiity incidents in this 11 days sad

new takeovers are good and bad but you never know lets wait and see what happens .

i will never decamp .i'll still be there .
chelski with a new takeover brought a parrot for a song grin and many new legs cheesy
manscum has done well so far  .

yankee-pool is sekzy grin
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by wormedup(m): 12:04pm On Mar 09, 2007
muki, i remember when u were undecided over arsenal/man u tongue

now u r spitting solidarity? grin i'm backing you cool
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by mukina2: 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2007
wormy me? undecided over arsenal and manscum? angry

if you are referrin to that thread .that was for fun only tongue

NL sports then was sweet cry cry
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Akolawole(m): 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2007
@Razoor

Can you go and modify the name you give my club in your topic quickly before i finish climbing my "mountain" ?

I never know you are part of those people.
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2007
@Kola Hey hey hey!
Relax, ok? Its my club too! If you read this thread properly, you'll see that there was a reason for that!
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by mukina2: 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2007
Akolawole:

@Razoor

Can you go and modify the name you give my club in your topic quickly before i finish climbing my "mountain" ?

I never know you are part of those people.

what people Papa blue grin
thats the fact its called chelski grin grin
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2007
Mukina sharrap there!  tongue

I fore-see Yankeepool generating more haters when they begin to lure your new boys with fat and juicy checks and leaving you guys dry.  grin
They would never overtake Chelsea in wealth though, as Abramovich is richer than Gillett and Hicks combined!
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by kitaun(m): 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2007
Razorr, I love d fact that in putting up d thread u faced reality with regards to ur club's name, hope muppets wont invade it
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2007
@Kit I say Amen to that o! But tell me, what do you think of Yankeepool?  grin
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by kitaun(m): 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2007
4 me anything goes! I love Liverpool as they are my 2nd team in England, as to being named Yankeepool? Hmmn . .ask Toshmann
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by mukina2: 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2007
razorr i wont hate yankee-pool afterall i am not a yankee-pool fan grin

maureen is the main cause for the hatred on chelski grin
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2007
Abeg leave my boyfriend alone o! What's all this hating on him sef? angry

Muki, trust me, you would detest Yankeepool with a passion, after they buy your Precious youngsters in the next transfer window! They are the ones with the cash now, so beware! tongue
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by mukina2: 2:52pm On Mar 09, 2007
dear my youngsters are not going anywhere they are not like that traitor cashley angry
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 3:08pm On Mar 09, 2007
Sweety, everyone is just like Ashley! If any player is offered wealth and career advancement, he would take it except he's a big fool! tongue
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by mukina2: 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2007
cashley's own is worst
he didnt leave like a man
he left like a coward and started layin blames where dere was none angry
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by toshmann(m): 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2007
kitaun:

4 me anything goes! I love Liverpool as they are my 2nd team in England, as to being named Yankeepool? Hmmn . .ask Toshmann

no way angry we got a tradition and nobody's gonna change that. nobody angry i dont wanna hear any yankeewhatever here angry it you wanna know our nickname, it is the reds not the red devils, but the reds. and definitely not yankeepool angryangry
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 8:15am On Mar 13, 2007
@toshmann
Reds ko, reds ni. There can't be two reds. ManU are the only reds as far as I'm concerned! You are YANKEEPOOL! Come on. . . You've been given a sexy name. grin Who knows, you might just become a world power and dominate the world like your Yankee friends! grin grin
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by toshmann(m): 7:38pm On Mar 13, 2007
angry angry angry angry angry breathing fire in anger

razor, man u are cowards. they always want to immitate the reds(liverpool) but they could only get the red devils tongue

the reds---liverpool

the red devils----man u. all man u fans are lovers of devils tongue
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by 4Play(m): 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2007
@toshmann

How do we want to imitate you guys?We are ahead of you league and have finished above you 16 times in the last 17 seasons.

Simply put,you are not in our league
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by salehm(m): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2007
This people should not kill this game with alot of money ooooooooooooooooo lipsrsealed
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 8:14am On Mar 14, 2007
I think the idea of the Yankees buying Yankeepool grin is a great idea! It might just make the game of football more popular in the United States! cheesy
More businessmen should do the same!  grin
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by kellorah: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2007
who really cares who buys them? as long they keep paying dem and they keep playing, cool
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by LoverBwoy(m): 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2007
More businessmen should do the same!

businessmen own football clubs dont they?
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2007
Sorry, let me re-phrase that: - More billionaires like Roman should do the same! grin
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by toshmann(m): 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2007
liverpool a.k.a the reds angry angry angry

what the hell is yankeepool angry
Re: Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea) by Razorr(f): 8:12am On Mar 15, 2007
Your new nickname! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where And How Can I Learn To Play Lawn Tennis? / Barcelona VS Real Madrid @9pm 22/03/2015 What Is Your Prediction / Vincent Enyeama's Retirement: Nigerians Are Ingrates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.